1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

What Are You Listening To

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by haiduk, Apr 11, 2019.

1. haiduk

haiduk New Member

Music transcends everything. The universal language. Share the music that speaks to you.

Haiduk kicks it off with some cosmic blackened death metal. From the new album 'Exomancer'

2. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

I've got to admit that I'm not a huge death metal fan, but I did enjoy the guitars in the intro. I have a very eclectic taste in music and listen to a wide array of genres, though I do tend to get into mini obsessions here and there. I'm on a bit of an EDM kick right now and one of my favorites is deadmau5. It's music I can just put on and get in the zone and get work done. It might be the repetition in the different themes and beats that just does it for me. At any rate, I linked one of my favorites below.

3. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

REM is my favorite band of all time.

These days I've been listening to The Shins. The song New Slang seeps under your skin and proves rather haunting. Another good one by this band is Phantom Limb.

4. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I’m all over the place with music. I guess rock is probably my largest genre, but I’ve got some metal, pop, etc. thrown in there. Often times, I’ll like only one or two songs from a band. There aren’t many bands that I have whole albums of. Duran Duran is probably one of the few like that.

For the most part, I’ll get new songs if I randomly hear them and like them. Sometimes, I get the idea to use them in a video. I don’t do them as often anymore, but they can be fun. That’s probably where most of my more metal songs come from, but I have noticed I’m not that big a fan of the fast drums. I like them a little slower and more spread out. Part of that is for the editing, since it easier to time things when they aren’t too grouped together.

Though if we’re talking music to work by, I kind of like classical. Something like this:

5. haiduk

haiduk New Member

Some interesting and varied stuff here. Glad you dig the guitars, SumiXam. Cool videos, Electricboa.

More cosmic death -