1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

This party's over -- Mace Windu not getting a rework

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Marc Tessier, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

This from Capital Games' SB Crumb:

"The truth is never as exciting as the speculation. He was originally part of one of special missions but was removed. Mace isn't getting an update so don't panic gear or upgrade him in hopes that he's getting a new/reworked kit. I hope this lays any confusion to rest."

This is truly disappointing. Of all the characters in the game, Mace is probably the one the community wants reworked the most. This decision definitely will piss off a large percentage of players.

I was really looking forward to a reworked Mace. The Geonosian reworks never excited me, nor did the Separatist Droids really, but I was happy for the players who do love and enjoy those factions. Of course, they now have important uses in the game too, which is fine, but what those reworks signaled to me was that at least some of the Galactic Republic Jedi would get a pass from the developers to make them relevant in the game. Mace would have logically been at the top of that list. Now, I have to wonder if any of these Jedi will get reworks or touch-ups.

The only way the decision not to rework Mace makes any sense would be if they release a new version of him, possibly as a Legendary character event. This would likely generate more income for CG, which as we know, is a huge factor in their decision making.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

My guess is it’s entirely because it wouldn’t get them much money. Windu is relatively easy to gear and he was meta in the fleet arena before the Falcon came out.

3. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

That's true Boa. Maybe they will re-work toons like Eeth Koth and Kit Fisto instead since they have never been good for anything and they would stand to maybe make some money on panic farming/gearing from them. You could even throw Ima-Gun Di, Luminara, and Plo Koon into that mix (though Plo has a good ship, so some have worked on him).

But beyond the revenue issue, I think the greater issues are JKR and, to a lesser degree, Padme. With JKR having great jedi synergy and Padme having GR synergy as leaders, they run the risk of making those factions too overpowered by reworking toons at the bottom with the intention of maybe making a "C" team of Jedi or GR to use. The fact remains that it was less risky for them to rework old separatists since they are a fairly small faction and the teams are fairly obvious. There really are only enough toons for 2.5 teams, so the risk that a crazy new team comes out of that is really low compared to reworking old jedi/gr characters.

4. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

At this point, JKR is pretty much never going to be top meta again. DR will always be a direct counter. GAS is a hard counter, too. No Jedi rework is going to change that. Now Padme . . . maybe. But I mostly just put it on them not being able to justify it because they won’t make money.

Plo has the ship, so he’s probably never getting reworked now. Too many people are going to gear him for their Negotiator teams. Koth and Fisto would be good candidates, but it’s all going to come down to them wanting new characters that people will pay for. There are plenty of Jedi out there that aren’t in-game.

5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

They can get around an unintended and overpowered JKR Jedi squad by adding a Jedi Council tag and creating a new faction, just like they did with Sith Empire.

But I agree with Boa. It was almost certainly a financial decision not to rework Mace.