1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Themistocles' General Squad Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Themistocles, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Jtr, jkr/dr/malak, some levels of the padme event maybe?

2. Themistocles

Themistocles Active Member

Ah right I forgot all about good ol JTR. I suppose if I ever want GM Luke someday I suppose now I should put her on the roadmap. Blech.

I thought her event was super easy, barely an inconvenience, i.e. G9/G10?

3. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

It is, i was just thinking of events that you hadnt done where they might come in handy. The better your mods, the less gear you have to invest after all

Themistocles likes this.
  4. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Member

I see what you did there haha

Themistocles likes this.
  5. Themistocles

You need to get way the hell off my back with those observations.

6. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Member

Oh ok let me get off of that thing

7. Themistocles

Getting off someone's back is TIGHT

Stormlink15 likes this.
  8. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

At this point, if/when you get around to JTR, then you would probably ultimately be going for GL Rey.

9. Themistocles

Soooooo....the droids stopped spawning for me in the Malak event (I still had 3 pods up at this point)...did I do something to keep them from spawning???

10. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Member

@Themistocles
    The same thing happened to me, I don't think it's anything that we did, when I defeated Malak he was at 29 stacks, so he was about to become enraged.

11. Themistocles

Uhhhhh this has got to be a bug...in alll of the walkthrough videos I've watched, Malak keeps spawning droids. I can't keep stacks off him now.

12. Themistocles

13. Themistocles

So much for Relic 7, zeta Malak. Why do I even bother???

Sigh. Now I have 4/5ths of a team ready for the next round of GAC and no Malak. I suppose its time to work on Geos and Padme until I run into a bug in her event I guess.

14. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Member

15. Themistocles

....but you're not supposed to need G13? Im killing the droids just fine, and then...they just stop coming back. I dont know why, except it appears to be a bug reported since August.

At first I thought me applying armor shred on the droids might have been causing them to bug, and I stopped doing that in another playthrough. But everytime it just stops. I know Im supposed to have enough time and droids to put at least 4-5 shreds on Malak.

16. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Member

I asked about the droids bug on the event on the SWGOH Events Discord and read that it was mostly RNG, that sometimes they stopped early and sometimes they stopped later, you just have to hope they stay long enough to get 4 armor shreds on Malak.

17. Electricboa

Ouch, that’s unfortunate. From the ticket, it looks like it’s been happening for a while.

18. Themistocles

I've been waiting to have this conversation for months! Ok so Malak's relic is done, Fallen B's relic is as done as I want her to be for the foreseeable future, and the farming for DR's G13 and relic is underway.

After that...what's next for putting G13s on other characters? Part of me likes the idea of sprinkling the highest impact possible G13 gear, one per each of my main squads, so tht all my main squads get a lift. Such as these candidates:

JKR squad - GMY for offense or Jolee for survivability

CLS squad - CLS...to meet future event requirements? Chewie to strengthen his constant assisting? Han because of his multiple attacks on his basic?

Vader squad - Vader at G12, he was too light to take on the R2 GBA that I tangled with mid-GAC round

Bounty Hunter Squad - Bossk at G13 would make my Houndstooth a living hell for other players

OR - should I just bite the bullet and hold off on G13 gear application and shove it all towards the squads that will comprise my GAS progression? Like GK/Ahsoka, or B1/B2/Droideka?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  19. Electricboa

All of those are good options, but it’s really going to come down to whether you want to start on the next event character or bolster your existing teams. That’s pretty much a GAC vs arena question. Bossk also bleeds over to fleet arena, but you’re not really in a position where a G13 HT really will be valuable just yet. Speaking of which, you really want to be using Home One with the Falcon because of its basic.

You’re definitely going to want some relics for GAS, but you have quite a way to go farming the requirements before you can actually gear them. C-3PO is another option, but you would be looking at a zeta on Chirpa’s lead, which might not be all that appetizing right now. C-3PO does let you use him on either a Padme or CLS team. Padme would be needed for GAS.

CLS probably isn’t worth putting too much more in. G12 would probably be all you need right now. And Han’s zeta, but that’s the same situation as Chirpa. There are uses for G13+ CLS teams, but they really aren’t worth it where you are now. G12 pretty much covers what you want. Really, apart from G12, C-3PO would make the biggest difference with that team.

As far as Jedi, GM Yoda would be the one to work on most. He pretty much determines who you can take on. Jolee would be more for fighting G13 Grievous teams. For the most part, you’re using them on offense, so the AI isn’t going to be too smart with who they target.

Vader would probably give you the most gain of any of them. But it does kind of depend on how you want to use him. You are missing two of his zetas. If you want to use Vader as a solo character, then you would definitely want his leadership to make sure you’re keeping the DoTs around. No Escape also clears stealth, which would be useful against Geo Spy. But again, we’re getting into zetas.

On top of all that, getting Gas requires a hefty zeta investment. And gearing up Padme and GK are going to be painful. And if we’re looking ahead, you’re also going to want to work on Grievous. He’s not needed for GAS, but you’re going to be gearing up the rest of his team anyway, so it would be a bit of a shame not to have him. And Grievous does need to be G13 at least.

The Revans and Malak are pretty much the end of the line for getting cheap event characters Outside of C-3PO, everything else from here on out is going to need a lot more work to do. After GAS, you’re into GL territory which is a huge time and gear sink.

20. Themistocles

To answer your question of what my overall priority is, I need to grow out my roster a bit more and get some more quality teams in - period. My GAC offense doesn't have much in the way of depth. One mistake (or dropped internet connection) spells a lost territory that can't be conquered. I'm kind of working on roster depth right now with my Geo squad, but that squad's gonna help out my defense depth. What my stopping point is gearwise with Geos, I'm not quite sure, it will be whatever is necessary to safely ensure I can clear Wat. I'm guessing minimum G12 all around from my previous conversations with you all...But I doubt I'd like to do G13 on GBA or Spy...yet. Down the road I think yes.

After Geos gearing...I think I'd like to start making gains towards acquiring GAS. So I think the overall smart play is to save G13 gear for some of the Padme crew and the Sep Droid crew right? Basically do what I did with Malak and sit on my G13 gear until I can build my gear reserve back up for those 2 event teams?

(P.S. My Home One is crap and Ackbar is sitting at G8 for the time being...should I still use my Reb ships with Home One?)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020