1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Tech

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

[​IMG]

UNIT NAME: Tech
    ALIGNMENT: Light Side
    CATEGORIES: Support, Bad Batch, Clone Trooper, Galactic Republic
    Stealthy support character that gives Translation to other Clone Troopers and applies Target Lock to enemies.

ABILITIES:

Basic: CALL THE SHOT

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy, and inflict Target Lock for 2 turns on target enemy and the healthiest enemy that didn't already have it. If target enemy was already Target Locked, attack again.

Special 1: DELICATE OPERATION (Cooldown 3)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Tech and target other Clone Trooper ally recover 40% of their Max Health, doubled if target ally is Bad Batch, gain Stealth and Potency Up for 2 turns, and Translation for 3 turns. If Tech was already Stealthed, all other Bad Batch allies also gain Translation for 3 turns.

Special 2: BRILLIANT IDEA (Cooldown 4)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs from Clone Trooper allies. All Bad Batch allies gain Foresight, Tenacity Up, and Stealth for 2 turns. Deal Special damage to all enemies, and inflict Stun for 1 turn on enemies that are Dazed or Target Locked.

Unique: CLONE INTERPRETER

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of battle, Tech gains +1 Speed for each Clone Trooper ally, doubled for Bad Batch allies. If all allies are Clone Troopers, Tech gains Stealth for 1 turn. Tech has +25% Potency for each of his own stacks of Translation. While Tech is active, Clone Trooper allies gain Translation for 3 turns (max 3 stacks) each time they use a Special ability. Translation cannot be copied. If the character already has Translation, the duration for all current stacks on that character resets to 3 turns. If all allies that can apply Translation are defeated, all stacks of Translation expire.

Translation - Beneficial effects build based on the cumulative number of stacks:
    • 1: Gain 30% Max Health
    • 2: Gain 15% Critical Chance
    • 3: If only one ally who grants Translation is present, decrease this character's cooldowns by 1 when that ally uses their basic ability (limit once per turn)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  2. Electricboa

I don’t know, I’m not a big fan of them just using Translation like that in another character. I think that should be a C-3PO-exclusive thing.

Can’t really say too much with 3/5 of the team still unknown. I also noticed the dates on the first picture are slightly different than Hunter. Hunter showed new reveals on the 8th, 15th, and 29th. Tech shows reveals on April 15th and May 4th. Does that mean the last unit got pushed back or is there still going to be a kit reveal on the 29th?

3. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I believe the reveal originally scheduled for this week got pushed back. If I recall correctly, the next two reveals are now April 29th and May 4th. There was a Crumb post on the official forum about this.

Translation makes Tech a pretty powerful character.

My gut says Bad Batch are going to be good, but we won't know for some time yet. I'm guessing Crosshair will also apply Target Lock and Wrecker will have an AoE Daze. I recall Wrecker picking up and swinging either a B1 or B2 before smashing it up. Would be cool if they give him a special ability along those lines with nice animation.

4. Electricboa

Ah, makes sense. I generally don’t follow the official forums outside of the announcement posts like updates and new characters.

I’m going to be curious how Bad Batch impacts the KAM mission. It seems like they’re potentially better than the 501st since we have the use Shaak Ti instead of GAS. Having a healing ability in Tech is pretty powerful when the 501st mostly rely on Fives to sacrifice.

I’ve also seen speculation that they might be key to the GK/Cody mission. Though I’m still expecting some kind of 212th clone team for GK. His leadership is clearly prepped for a zeta in the future.

5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Boom!