1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Sith Raid

Discussion in 'General' started by Electricboa, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Sounds gruesome. Rey's 6% is decent, but who knows what it will be after the nerf. Either way, guilds are going to need almost all members to have a JT Rey, BB squad for this. Still early days, so more teams will be discovered as time goes on.

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

We don't have that many people with Rey, so it's not practical right now. I just don't see what we're supposed to do after the nerf. Rey and the others getting nerfed were the only good ways to get damage and we're losing them. That's not going to magically make other teams better. What they need to do is remove all the Tenacity. That pretty much nullifies most of my teams

3. flair

flair Member

no Traya for me then

this raid is so weak that after we started another T5 most of my guild doesn't bother with it - we're in about one third of P1 and I'm on the second spot with 3.7M damage, of which funnily enough, almost a million was scored with my mediocre Jawa team

4. Electricboa

The only bright side to that is I can stick with Rey for a while. I enjoy being able to gear up side projects, which I can't do if I'm constantly scrambling for the next meta team.

We just started our first T5 and you can tell the Tenacity is much lower. I was actually able to get DoTs on Nihilus. My Rey team did about 5 million without me really thinking about it. Unfortunately, I don't see a path foward for the time being. With the HAAT, we kind of figured out decent teams to work towards early on, but right now we have nothing. No goal. I guess I'll be working on my Zam for the time being. There's talk of a Bounty Hunter rework and I'll be needing her for DS TB either way.

5. Marc Tessier

Yeam, I'm kind of in wait-and-see mode on the Sith raid "fix" before deciding who to gear next. My Death Trooper is almost finished. He's sitting at 91/100 and I have the last piece of gear ready to get him to g12 once he has 7 stars. My DN needs 20 pieces of salvage to reach g12.

I've heard First Order is good for the Sith raid, but can't recall which phase. Maybe I'll go with KRU. Phoenix also seems to have potential in P2 with Sabine's armor shred.

6. Electricboa

I've actually got a pretty decent FO team going:

https://swgoh.gg/u/electricboa/collection/?f=first-order

I got KRU to G12 before I started on FOST. After Zam, I might take him to G12, too. He's not that bad and I'm considering putting a Zeta on his Unique. KRU already has one on his leadership. I was mostly building it for DS TB. When FOE becomed FTP, I might go for him, too.

7. Marc Tessier

I saw a screenshot of a FO Sith raid run and FOE did by far the most damage. I think he will be a must for FO once he is free to play.

8. flair

flair Member

I wait for him to develop a lethal combo with Poe so we can use the name Foe Dameron

9. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

It does ask the question of what they are aiming for - why release content that no one can beat? I know their real incentive is to get people to spend money, but it seems their objective is to have full guilds with full rosters of every character maxed out, so that every player can spend hours each raid chipping away at demoralising bosses and beat them purely through attrition.

I like that they've released a new raid, and I like that they've tried introducing new mechanics, but once again it seems to have had very little testing, or only testing with an elite roster.

Cutting through iron bars with an angle grinder takes long enough, I don't want to have to cut through with a nail file.

Edit: To follow up I just checked out the damage for my top team in P3 of tier 6 - it's not the most optimised for the raid but has my arena mods so is the most pumped up. It managed just under 0.6% of the phase, for arguments sake we'll call it 0.55%. Assuming every player is responsible for 2% of each phase, and the same damage is dealt in every phase, every player in the guild would need ~15 equivalent teams, or 75 full G12 arena modded and fully zeta'd toons. Also bearing in mind that they seem intent on adjusting the raid so that any team that does significant damage is made less effective.

I am not going to spend hours swapping mods to do an additional 0.1% damage, and I am not going to spend tens of thousands of pounds/dollars on shards and gear and mods so that I have more squads who can do less than 1% of a single phase. It is frustrating and boring and infuriating.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  10. Electricboa

They did it because they wanted a raid we couldn't solo or do massive damage because of TM manipulation. That's the only reason to have the Tenacity aspect. They didn't care about how easy it was going to be becaus eit was designed to only work for the whales for the time being, and when they released a new character that could actually help, we'd all want to spend money to get it.

11. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

After JTR, what are your top damage squads? Just wondering as you've been playing since launch, have always been at the top of both arena's and have an impressive roster.

12. Electricboa

It depends on which raid. If we're talking Sith, then the next one is anything using Death Trooper. After that, the damage drops like a rock. I struggle to get 500K on anything else, at least in P1.

For HAAT, you've got Wiggs, CLS, Raid Han, Chirpatine, Droids, Sith, non-Rey Resistance. Anything that can do a million and above I think is pretty good. The T7 Rancor is even easier, since you can throw in Ewoks, Rex, and Qui-Gon in there. But what do nearly all those teams have in common? TM manipulation or debuffs. Raw damage really doesn't go too far. When was the last time anyone used Geo Soldier for anything?

13. Marc Tessier

My JT Rey squad has done over 10 mil in Phase 1 and over 7 million in Phase 2.
    My zVeers lead with DT, Shore, Starck and Thrawn can do over 3 million in Phase 2. I have seen screenshots of them doing more than 4 million in the phase although there were all G12.
    An Ackbar lead with CLS and Raid Han can do over 1 million in Phase 2.

I am not sure who works best in Phase 3 and Phase 4 is just a slaughter at this point. I think JT Rey did 3 million in P4 the first time i tried it.

14. Marc Tessier

Oh, and a guy in my guild posted a screenshot of a very clever team for Phase 1. I'm not sure if he thought of it or picked it up from somewhere else.

Jyn (lead), Bodhi, Hera, Cassian and Jawa Engineer.

So the strategy is to use assists to allow JE to place as many thermal detonators as possible. Jyn's lead works with one of Bodhi's specials. Bodhi has a irresistible debuff, which can trigger an expose from Jyn's lead. In her leader skill, she has a 50% chance to expose (can't be resisted) an enemy whenever a Rebel lands a debuff.

I have seen a couple of screenshots with damage over 2 million even with a poorly geared Bodhi.

15. Electricboa

I like that Jyn team idea. My Hera is G9 and Bodhi is even lower, but it might be worth thinking about doing in the future. You might also substitute Ezra for Hera and that would give you a viable Phoenix team. You wouldn't have Back-Up Plan, though

16. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

That does seem reasonable, I have all of the elements, only Bodhi is ungeared, the others are all G10/11