1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Sith Eternal Emperor

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

[Developer Insight - Kit Reveal]

[​IMG]

UNIT NAME: Sith Eternal Emperor
    ALIGNMENT: Dark
    CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Attacker, Leader, Galactic Legend, Sith
    Cunning Emperor of the Sith that eliminates his enemies with the overwhelming power of the Dark Side

ABILITIES:

Basic: (ZETA) Deception
    [​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy. If that enemy wasn't Deceived, they become Deceived for 2 turns, increased to 3 turns if they are a Jedi. Deceived can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. Sith Eternal Emperor gains Speed Up for 2 turns. This ability can't be countered.

Deceived: Can't target Sith Eternal Emperor during their turn if another Sith enemy is active; when an ability is used, Sith Eternal Emperor gains 2% Ultimate Charge

Special 1: (ZETA) So Be It, Jedi (Cooldown 3)
    [​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and call all other Dark Side allies to assist, dealing 10% more damage for each Deceived enemy. Dark Side allies recover 50% Protection. Jedi enemies defeated this turn can't be revived.

Special 2: (ZETA) Unraveled Destiny (Cooldown 6)
    [​IMG]
    FINAL TEXT: Dark Side allies gain Retribution for 3 turns, and Dark Side Tank allies gain Taunt for 2 turns. Remove Linked from all enemies. Then, target enemy becomes Linked until a Linked enemy is defeated or until the end of encounter. Sith Eternal Emperor gains the granted ability Entwined Fate and takes a bonus turn.

During this bonus turn, Sith Eternal Emperor may only use Entwined Fate, can't be ability blocked, ignores taunt effects, and may not target a Linked character.

Linked: This character is Linked

Entwined Fate: Target enemy becomes Linked. This ability is removed and can't be used again until Unraveled Destiny is used.

Leader: (ZETA) Sith Eternal

FINAL TEXT: Dark Side allies have +25% Mastery, +30% Potency, and +20 Speed, doubled for Sith allies.

Whenever a Deceived or Linked enemy uses an ability, Sith Eternal Emperor gains 10% Mastery (stacking) until the end of encounter and other Sith allies gain half that amount. Whenever a Linked enemy uses an ability, Sith Eternal Emperor gains 8% Ultimate Charge.

Whenever a Sith ally is defeated, dispel all debuffs on other Sith allies and they recover 100% Health and Protection. Sith allies can't be revived, and they ignore defense when targeting a Jedi enemy.

Unique 1: (ZETA) Sow Discord

FINAL TEXT: Sith Eternal Emperor is immune to taunt effects and Turn Meter reduction. Deceived enemies can't counter attack, and Deceived Rebel and Jedi enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter.

At the start of Sith Eternal Emperor's turn, if no enemies are Deceived, the weakest Light Side enemy becomes Deceived for 2 turns. Whenever a Deceived enemy uses an ability, their weakest ally without Deceived becomes Deceived for the max duration Sith Eternal Emperor could inflict on them (limit once per turn), and Sith Eternal Emperor recovers 2% Protection. Deceived can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted.

At the start of each Linked enemy's turn, Linked enemies lose 20% Max Protection, quadrupled for Jedi, and Sith Eternal Emperor gains 25% of the amount lost. Linked raid bosses instead gain Expose for 2 turns, which can't be resisted.

Linked enemies can't critically hit, and damage they deal is decreased by 25% (excludes Galactic Legends).

Unique 2: (ZETA) Galactic Legend

FINAL TEXT: This unit takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects and massive damage effects. They take massive damage from destroy effects (excludes raid bosses) and are immune to stun effects.

This unit has +10% Max Health and Max Protection per Relic Amplifier level, and damage they receive is decreased by 30%.

Ultimate: I Am All The Sith (Must charge to 100% before use)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Sith Eternal Emperor gains 2% Ultimate Charge whenever a Deceived enemy uses an ability. If Sith Eternal Emperor is the leader, he also gains 8% Ultimate Charge whenever a Linked enemy uses an ability.

Sith Eternal Emperor gains Mastery equal to his current Mastery until the end of battle and transforms into Sith Eternal Emperor (Restored). If he is the leader, all other Dark Side allies gain Mastery equal to their current Mastery until the end of battle. Remove Deceived from all Deceived enemies and inflict Deceived until the end of encounter on those enemies, which can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted.

When Sith Eternal Emperor transforms, he loses the abilities Deception and So Be It, Jedi and gains two new abilities.

[Basic] Revitalized Shock: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Shock for 2 turns, which can't be copied or dispelled. This attack deals 150% more damage to Deceived Light Side enemies. If the target was already Deceived, reduce the cooldown of Power! Unlimited Power! by 1 for each Deceived enemy. This attack can't be evaded.

[​IMG]

[Special] Power! Unlimited Power!: Instantly defeat Linked enemies and deal Special damage to all enemies. Then, dispel all buffs on Deceived enemies and deal Special damage to them. Enemies defeated by this ability can't be revived. This attack can't be evaded.

[​IMG]

2. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, he looks pretty strong for being so "relatively" easy to acquire

Marc Tessier likes this.
  3. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

I know that the GL is the end all be all, but I'm pretty nervous about my relic Darth Revan potentially being broken up and pushed off to the side. Although the Reddit SWGOH community is speculating that DR might be good to include in SEE so as to spread fear and delay the enemy.

4. Electricboa

Well, that’s an interesting kit. As a Sith-only, he is somewhat limited in who he can use. But there is a lot of control there being able to spread Deceived kind of like Plague. And it starts passively, so it seems like speed is going to be the way to go with Palpatine. The faster he goes, the more he trips up the other team.

Being able to link two characters and then instantly destroy them when he transforms is pretty powerful. I wonder if it will be better to link two non-GL and be able to destroy both or add in a GL and use their high speed to hurt the other linked character. Depending on how quickly the ultimate gets charged, I’m not sure if it would be worth it. It does throw an interesting conundrum out there. Do you mod for health or protection. If you go protection, SEE will punish anyone linked. If you go health, Malak’s drain will do more.

Either way, it’s pretty clear that Jedi are a liability against SEE. So JML is unlikely to be the top GL. There’s just too much anti-Jedi synergy there. It’s probably also going to kneecap Rey Jedi teams, too. All of a sudden, that could severely weaken Rey teams. They’re competing with Kylo ones right now because they can use GAS and JKL. If that makes them a target for SEE, then they might need to go back to Resistance, a considerably weaker comp.

It certainly seems like the goal is to take SEE out before he can transform. If I’m reading it correctly, his basic and first special changes, but the second on remains. So he can keep linking characters and then take them out with Unlimited Power

On paper, it seems like Rey and Kylo will be able to handle him. Rey being able to one-shot whoever she targets pretty much screws with putting a bunch of tanks around Palpatine. Kylo just gets around it with his AOE. He might not be able to target SEE, but his scaling damage could do it.

As far as team compositions, I think Malak will be in every single one. He’s too good not to use. I’m not really sure about the others. Bastila will probably be a common one because she’s just so good generally. Her debuffs are nice and being able to throw out some extra fear helps.

The original post also throws out Sion, which I can see. I only need the finisher to get my Sion to G13, so I could do it. Traya and Nihilus could be interesting. Being able to isolate someone is always good for counters and would be just as useful in a regular team. Not to mention keeping everyone cleansed. Nihilus would be there to increase cool downs and generally prevent the other team from doing much. Plus that Annihilate would put the other side on a clock.

I’m not sold on the original Sith Trooper. He does pre-taunt, but he’s generally useless otherwise. SEE should be very fast, so he would get Deceived out there quickly and have it spread. I can’t really see the pre-taunt helping. You figure if someone used JKR, he would ignore the taunt anyway.

I’m also no sure about Sith Assassin. With SEE’s speed, the TM gain from Assassin shouldn’t matter much. And in a mirror match against a Malak, it’s pointless.

Vader could be interesting, but I would be worried about him feeding Rey’s ultimate.

All in all, I guess I’m giving SEE the edge over JML on paper. If I had to guess, I would say Kylo is going to end up as the top GL, though. SEE makes sure JML isn’t on top and by forcing Rey teams to use Resistance, they make her team weaker. Nothing pops out at me that really hurts Kylo’s team.

5. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

Sith Marauder is also interesting with the offensive buffs and all the debuffs that should be out there on your opponent if you're running Goth Barbie too.

I could see the 'new' DR team being DR, HK, SET, and then adding in maybe Vader and Palp for the extra shock and debuff value. And Malak, Bastila, and Marauder going to the SEE team along with Traya, Sion, or Nihilus. I could also just see adding the trio to SEE and Malak and calling that a day.

Themistocles likes this.
  6. Electricboa

It’s probably going to come down to SEE’s stats. If he’s bulky enough, you might be able to get away with a more aggressive team with Marauder, but you’re sacrificing potential control units.

I have no idea about GAC and whether he would be an offensive or defensive team. With that much control, he could be both, but would it be worth breaking up other teams for it? I can definitely see him absorbing the Sith Trio. For the most part, they’ve fallen out of favor Geo counters. I can see putting Malak on that team and keeping Marauder and Bastila with DR. Even without Malak, that team can take out a lot of things.

7. Electricboa

Well, I saw some video of the two GLs in action. Here’s some SEE testing:

First impression is really good. His whole kit revolves around his ultimate, so fighting without it is crippled and he still comes pretty close to winning.

Rey seems to have gotten the shortest end of the stick between the two original GLs. Her Jedi variant may as well be on borrowed time. I’m assuming a Resistance team will do better, but doing an ultimate vs no ultimate shouldn’t be as easy as it is for Palpatine.

Rey’s only go-to move is Sudden Whirlwind to just take someone out right away. But the ultimate may as well be a liability. That Sith team tanked several of them. And at the end of it all, Palpatine vs Rey is going to be worse for Rey than Kylo. Rey’s one saving grace in a 1v1 was her ultimate that could win it for her. Kylo needed to strategically use his ultimate to survive. Palpatine just tanks it like a brick wall. I’m guessing it’s all that stacking mastery combined with the stolen max protection.

But the scary thing is that’s SEE without the ultimate. The second he gets his ultimate, I’m not sure if Rey can win, at least with Jedi. That ultimate is going to be devastating.

Kylo fares better. The team SEE goes against is using Phasma, which doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. But Kylo’s AOE does help level the playing field. Sith will health themselves, but if he can take out multiple at once, it doesn’t matter as much. A pre-taunt definitely hurts Palpatine’s linking and he can’t chew through KRU as easily as a mirror Kylo can or Rey.

How much does it matter? Being able to use Sith instead of FO makes a world of difference in utility. I know JML’s first attack is a nice AOE ability block and breach, but you could throw in Traya and that won’t matter anymore. Or have Nihilus keep reducing cool downs. I’m not sure how useful Sion is going to be with SEE preventing revives. Marauder could easily work. In that video, there are a ton of debuffs out there

All in all, I’m pretty happy to have gone for SEE first. He appears more promising from the very early stuff I’ve been able to see. Though it does seem SEE and JML are more powerful than Rey or Kylo.

Marc Tessier and Themistocles like this.
  8. Themistocles

Yikes. This is a shockingly cheap counter if true:

9. Themistocles

A standard DR/Malak team can kill SEE? Hunh, is the investment even worth it?

10. Electricboa

There’s always going to be counters. I know JML can lose to JKR (though admittedly with GAS and JKL). I’ve heard he also loses to DR, but I can’t remember if it was the basic team or not. There’s a Vader/Thrawn team that can clear Rey with 60 banners almost every time. I forget what the Kylo counter is, but there’s one for every meta.

With regard to these two counters, the Magmatrooper is only viable without Malak on the other team. The second he crits on an AOE, the TM train is over and SEE is going to crush them. It’s actually not that uncommon. Malak is used to prevent a lot of counters. He’s actually used to prevent a Vader lead counter to Rey, but you can get around it by putting Thrawn in the lead slot.

It will matter more of GAC and TW because people may or may not want to use a cheaper Sith team with SEE, like the Sith Triumvirate. I haven’t seen the DR counter, but it would be a similar situation.

But just because there’s a counter, doesn’t make it any less worth it. For one, you really wouldn’t want any team to not have a counter. That means if you run into an opponent with it, you can’t beat it. For arena purposes, counters can be used to climb, but you never really want to be in a position to have to use only counters. They never hold on defense and there’s usually some way to mess it up or it has an RNG factor to it. You would drop like a rock overnight and have to climb through a ton of teams every day. More than half the battle in arena is holding on defense so you don’t have to climb that far each day.

GAC/TW is a little harder to say because you do have to consider what team you will use with SEE. You could use Malak with him and DR on another team. You could also use SEE on offense and have an easier time clearing your opponent. If you use him on offense, counters don’t matter.

11. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

So, I've started doing the SEE event now and the first two stages are kind of hilarious. It's a re-creation of the scene where Mace comes to arrest Palpatine and he kills everyone but Mace and then Anakin comes in and intervenes with Mace arresting Palp.

The first stage you go solo with Darth Sidious against Mace and the three other Jedi Counsel members (Kit Fisto and the other two dudes whose names evade me). You basically just have to survive long enough to take out the three guys NOT names Mace Windu. They don't have a ton of Health (almost no protection), but Mace hits pretty hard. You actually cannot defeat Mace, so there's no use in attacking him. I had to move basically my SLKR mods over to Sidious in order to do it. I lost my first attempt (without moving mods around), and honestly almost lost the second one with SLKR's mods. I may try again with Malak or GK's mods on him since the extra damage from SLKR's set didn't really seem to make much of a difference. But it's good to know so you hopefully don't waste 15+ tickets like I did.

The second stage is JKA vs Mace 1v1. It was laughably easy. Like 3-4 basics easy. Didn't have to move mods, just used the mods I already had on him for my Padme team. Such a stark difference in difficulty between the two stages. I don't really recall having anything like that in the SLKR or Rey event (other than Rock Paper Scissors). I'll work through stage 3 tomorrow and report back. I had enough tickets saved up that I was able to knock out all four of the stage 2 repeats this afternoon during lunch since it was so laughable. I still have to do 7 more stage 1 and the 3 stage 3 repeats to unlock him.

Really happy to see (pun intended?) that he's usable without the ultimate too, so I'll try to gear him up fairly quickly before shifting gears to prep for GL Luke.

12. Themistocles

Was Tier 1 with the zeta?

13. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

Yeah, I already had the zeta

14. Themistocles

Ruh roh. So potency set isn't going to save me?

15. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

For that fight, you just need to survive, so you need lots of health and protection. You likely have those kinds of mods in spades whereas you are likely lacking in speed mods and high offense/damage mods. The dots and heal immunity don't really factor in on this fight. The heal immunity could if you choose not to kill the Jedi Master with the Jedi Consular kit I suppose, but it's easy enough to just kill him first. It's really not very hard of a fight, just frustrating if you get some unlucky crits or whatever from Mace.

16. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

To follow up on my previous outline, the third stage is equally as easy as stage 2. You play out the duel between Vader and Luke in the Emperor's chamber in Return of the Jedi. You use Vader and Emperor Palpatine this time, though not at the same time. For the first part, you use just Vader against Luke. It's pretty simple, you probably could just use your basic over and over and win. I didn't move mods and I only have 62% potency on Vader, so Luke resisted most of the dots that would have applied from his Force Crush. But the basic was more than enough and the ability block worked nearly every time since Luke is a Jedi (80% chance to apply the ability block). Which means all he can do is basic back. You drop him below about 10% health and part 2 triggers. In this part you can only use Palp and again, you're fighting Luke who is back at full hp/prot. For the most part I just used the basic here too. I did use his lifesteal ability once when I fell below 80% hp, but I may not have needed to do so. I don't recall getting shock to actually land, but I suppose if you tried to mod for more potency you probably could get it to stick. My Palp only have 53% potency with the mods I used.

Speaking of all this, I should probably do a re-mod again since the last time I did one was before the Vader rework and before I modded many of these characters, so they mostly have second rate or leftover mods. I'll probably do that after I unlock SEE, since it will make it so I don't have to do it again. Part of my resistance to doing so is that I have my loadouts set for KAM for my clones and Shaak Ti. And while those load outs will still work, I'd have to go through and figure out where all those mods got moved to after the re-mod and update the load out to get those mods back after KAM day, which can be a bit of a hassle.

17. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

Got Gucci Palps unlocked yesterday. Stage 1 is a pain in the butt, easily lost 120+ event tickets on that RNG nightmare. Ultimately I couldn't really figure out a good modding strategy to have consistent success. I tried high Potency to ensure dots landing, tried an accuracy arrow since everyone in that fight likes to dodge, and tried a high hp/prot set. All of them won and lost about equally, which was super frustrating. Especially when compared to stages 2 and 3 (and 4-6 apparently). So now it's on to completing the other 3 stages and getting his ultimate. I suppose the hidden lining in wasting so many tickets was that I was able to complete farming for all of his gear by the time I unlocked him. I was able to push him immediately to r7. It did exhaust my zeta supply though, so I'll have to build that back up so I have enough to do Luke when I get those guys all relic'd up.

I haven't really decided on a best arena team for him. Against Rey it seems pretty pointless due to whirlwind. I haven't tried him against a Kylo team yet though.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  18. Electricboa

From everything I’ve heard, SEE will lose to Kylo no matter what. No one has come up with a team that can win with or without SEE’s ultimate. He can’t win before Kylo’s raw damage just gets too great.

19. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Congrats on activating SEE. Enjoy the unlimited power!

20. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

It's looking like he'll need the ultimate before that really happens. Matchups vs Kylo look pretty bleak and vs Rey I usually time out, at least with the comps I've used. On the plus side, he doesn't die immediately to Rey's ultimate when solo at the end of the match, but usually I end up against Rey and one other Jedi at the end and without the SEE ultimate, his damage output just isn't high enough to take one of them out in time. It very well could be a team comp issue too. I haven't really seen a consensus 'best' team for him. I've been using a split SE/Sith team with DR, Malak, BSF, and Sion for now. It seems ok, but against Rey, it's going to be whittled down pretty quick with whirlwinds. I can usually take out two or three on the opposing team before I'm left with just SEE standing. I haven't seen any other SEE or JML in my shard yet. I know one other guy has SEE at r7, but he isn't using him right now, he uses Rey in arena.