1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Ships

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Skywlkr76, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Ok, the time has come to do something with the hot mess I have going on with my ships. I figure if I can hang in the 120 range with the rag-tag fleet that I'm running, I could probably really do well if I had a direction and a clue about what I was doing. Looking at the leader-board for my shard, there seems to be better diversity in ship arena than in squad arena.

I know that HMF is one of the best, if not the best, ships in the game. I also know it will be awhile before I get it farmed. What are some other good ships to work on in the meantime.

Does faction synergy matter as much in ships as it does with squads? Should I focus on GR ships for when I get the Negotiator unlocked?

Are there any ships I should avoid putting too much effort into farming/gearing?

Thanks for all the help

2. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Faction synergy has limited use in fleet. There are synergies with the Geo ships that most would recommend. As a primary benefit right now, you need the pilots for the new Geo TB, so gearing them is no longer a 'waste' on the character side of things. The ships are excellent and synergize with assists. Sun Fac is one of the best tank ships since it auto taunts any ship with a buff (which happens a lot more than you realize. Most people use either Thrawn's or Tarkin's capital ship with geos. Your standard bench of Vader, Phantom, +2 seems to be most popular for most of the non-mace or Milf teams.

Another group that has decent synergy are the empire ships. Most of them have some synergy with the Target Lock mechanic. The primary useful ships in empire are Vader, Imperial TIE Fighter, both empire cap ships are useful for different reasons, Emperor's Shuttle has gained popularity, but it's a newer ship. TIE Reaper and Gauntlet are also useful, though the Gauntlet uses pilots that aren't really viable elsewhere. First order works well with the Empire ships (and geos really) with the best ships being Silencer and FO TIE Fighter. A lot of people will use Kylo's Command shuttle too, but it's a little tougher to use correctly.

For Galactic republic, at present, you would be looking at the mace capital ship. Recently the popular team was Hounds Tooth with a variety of tanky ships like Umbaran Starfighter, Plo Koon, ARC 170, etc. The idea behind this team is to try to time out the opposing team. They are all fairly low damage ships. Many used Anakin's ship and Ahsoka's ship for some offense and maybe some of the bounty hunter ships while on offense, but for best effect would need to switch to a more tanky bench for defense. This team gets eaten alive for the most part by the Millenium Falcon teams, as it was pretty much designed as a counter for those teams.

There are some universal ships that seem to just always be good (think Thrawn or Nest in character teams, you can plug them in pretty much any team and be super useful). Those ships include Hound's Tooth (probably the best single ship in the game), Vader's TIE Adv (great damage and control), Lando's Millenium Falcon (one of the best 'closers' you can have on your bench), Anakin's ETA (great damage and control), and Phantom (one of the best reinforcement abilities), and Slave I (not a ton of tanks in the fleet world), and Ebon Hawk (great control with dispels and foresight).

There are many others out there, you'll just have to play around with what you have and see what works for you. I'll look at your swgoh.gg here in a bit and see what you could immediately use to maybe climb a bit. Fleet can be kind of boring at the top to be honest. Everyone can beat everyone, but there is a lot of RNG in the Rebels meta since so much depends on the 'chance to assist'. But getting to #1 gets you 400 crystals and nearly enough fleet currency to purchase a zeta mat each day (1800). If you hit #1 every day, you're basically buying a zeta mat 6 out of every 7 days or so. It's actually probably a bit more like 14 out of 15 when you factor in the currency you get from the daily quests.

3. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Ok, looking at your .gg, You have Hound's Tooth unlocked at 3* and you have Bossk at G12, that ship is totally usable right now. Get the abilities maxed out if you haven't already. Don't need to worry too much about the reinforcement ability though, you're going to be using this guy out front.

Phantom is usable, but you're going to want to bring Sabine and chopper up to at least G11 to really shine. Before reaching G11, you can't unlock all of the skill tiers for the ships. Also as your pilots increase in gear, the stats (most importantly in most cases, the speed and damage) will increase along side it.

Anakin's ETA is usable even at 4*, you also have Anakin at G12, so like HT, get those skills maxed out, including the reinforcement this time.

All your Geo pilots are only level 1, so that will be a bit of a long grind, so I'm going to recommend you try to use HT with Empire to get some traction. That means probably Chimaera capital ship (you have thrawn at G12) so get those abilities maxed out, especially his ultimate. Working on the two phoenix ship pilots will help you get Chimaera to 7* too. Your TIE advanced is coming along nicely, slave I will work in that lineup too. Imperial TIE fighter looks decent as well as Silencer. So I'd work on the ships I mentioned above in this post, both the ones in this paragraph and the ones in the paragraphs above. You can use all of these ships in the Empire fleet. I would probably use HT, Vader, and Silencer in front, then reinforce with ITF, Anakins, Slave I, and Phantom

Skywlkr76 likes this.
  4. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Ships are easily the hardest part of the game right now. The fact that you see diversity means that you’ve got an inactive fleet arena. The Falcon basically dominates. It’s incredibly difficult to beat without a Falcon of your own. And if they have Bistan, it might be nearly impossible to beat.

As to what you should do, I don’t know what to say. The Negotiator is still a mystery. That one player that got a 7 star one (because of EA customer service mistake) wasn’t impressed with it. Her Republic ships weren’t amazing, but she had the Falcon and had a better time with it than GK. But that’s one person and we could easily get new Republic ships. It’s going to take something around 6 months or so to unlock it. By then who knows what the meta will be and what new ships we could get.

On top of that, you need the Geos for TB. They’re goo ships, but not as good in arena as some others. Right now, they’re probably the quickest best fleet you could move towards. Those three ships do almost all the work. HT and Vader can also fit in and that covers most situations.

My suggestion is to work towards the Falcon. It’s the best right now and could stay that way for a while. Even if it doesn’t, the Falcon is going to be a staple in TW/GA. So work on your BH ships. They’re also good ships, which is a nice bonus.

Outside of that, there are some ships that are all-around good to have. Some work better in some fleets than others:

Vader – Good damage, never misses, and a gift to anyone that needs to have TL on the field.
    Anakin – Very much like Vader, just a little different synergy and has an AOE
    Hound’s Tooth – Best tank in the game. Works in any fleet
    TIE Silencer – Good damage, fast, and can control with stuns.
    Sun Fac – 2nd best tank out there and needed for Geo TB anyway
    Biggs – 3rd best tank. Good TL synergy and key in a Falcon team
    Phantom – Very good reinforcement ability.​

Those are your main stand-alone ships. Geo Spy and Soldier are very good, but you’ll only use them in a Geo team. All three in the starting line up or put HT in there and reinforce with Sun Fac. Cassian is very important to Falcon teams to beat other Falcons. Bistan is good all-around, but the pilots are useless outside of ships. All the other pilots I listed actually have some use in squad battles.

There’s not really a ‘best’ starting point. You kind of have to just pick a fleet and work towards it. When the meta changes, it’s unforgiving.

5. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

You can also use Ebon Hawk instead of Cassian's U-wing depending on which pilots you have better geared. The big plus to the Ebon Hawk is that it has two pilots compared to Cassion's three and you need Carth and T3 geared for Legendary events. Both ships dispel buffs on all enemies when they reinforce, which is a game changer if timed correctly.

6. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

The Ebon Hawk also can dispel on one of his specials while Cassian ONLY dispels on reinforce. So that can be helpful too. Many people use both of them since that last spot (if you use Phantom, Cassian, and Ghost in the other slots like most do) is fairly free to do with as you please.

7. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I have not been impressed with the Ebon Hawk. For one, T3 doesn’t really need to be geared that much for the events. The other reason is Cassian is much better with the Falcon. It can get assists because it’s a Rebel and has a targeted assist special where you can call in the Falcon. That’s usually the easiest way to beat another Falcon. You bring in Cassian, dispel everything, target assist your Falcon against theirs and it’s gone. Cassian can also cleanse someone on your team.

There might be less emphasis on Rogue One if you’re not doing Hoth TB anymore, but I would put Cassian as much better than the Hawk in Falcon teams.