1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Rose Tico (Omicron Touch Up)

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

CHANGES MARKED IN RED

UNIT NAME: Rose Tico
    ALIGNMENT: Light Side
    CATEGORIES: Light Side, Resistance, Attacker
    A brave Resistance Attacker who can Stun and grant allies buffs.

------

ABILITIES:

Basic: COURAGEOUS SHOT

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and grant Tenacity Up for 2 turns to a random Resistance ally who doesn't have it. 50% chance to attack again (once per turn).

Special: DAUNTLESS BRAVERY (Cooldown 5)

FINAL TEXT: Resistance allies gain Defense Up for 2 turns. Rose Tico gains 10% Turn Meter for each Resistance ally and each First Order enemy. For each Resistance ally remove 8% Turn Meter from target enemy. This attack cannot be evaded.

Special: SHOCK PROD STRIKE (Cooldown 5)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Stun for 1 turn. When this Stun expires, the target is Dazed for 2 turns, which can't be Evaded or Resisted.

Unique: VALIANT SPIRIT

FINAL TEXT (ZETA/OMICRON): Rose Tico has +10% Offense for each Exposed enemy. When another Resistance ally scores a Critical Hit, Rose Tico gains 10% Turn Meter.

While in Grand Arena: All other Resistance allies also gain 10% Offense for each Exposed enemy, and they gain 5% Turn Meter whenever a Resistance ally scores a critical hit.

2. Electricboa

Well, I don’t have Rey, so Rose isn’t even a practical option for me, but the disparity between Phasma and Rose is comical. I mean I guess it’s just a meme at this point how bad Rose is, but this is just kind of sad.

Under a JTR lead, you could get a lot of TM, though. The lead gives Resistance allies 10% TM when they expose someone, which is a 70% chance on a crit. An extra 5% on each crit can add up, especially with BB-8 calling in assists and countering. The main problem I see is Rose still sucks, so you need sacrifice a spot for her. And you couldn't use JTR as an evasive tank under GL Rey.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  3. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Well there's no way I'm using my omicrons on Rose, especially since it's for Grand Arena.

I have 16 omicrons now, so getting close to having enough to apply one. No need to panic and use them right away. The ones I'm most interested in are QGJ and Sidious, so I'm going to hold off until I see what touch up they are getting.

4. Electricboa

Yeah, I need to see Sidious, Qui-Gon and Zam before making a decision. Even then, I’m already leaning towards the new Boba. But Qui-Gon and Sidious are the most interesting because they have the most potential considering all the Sith and Jedi units we’ve got.

I actually do use QGJ in 3v3 with KAM and Barriss already. Sidious gets put with OG Vader, so they already have some use.

My main thing is there aren’t many game modes that can actually do. TW, TB, and GAC are really the only three that make sense. I can’t see them ever making an omnicron for regular arena. Conquest could work, but given the feats, what point is having a special unit that you may or may not be able to use to make progress? I guess there’s raids, but that seems a bit pointless now and they’ve said they have no plans for new ones for the foreseeable future. So far:

Rose – GAC
    Phasma – TW
    Old Man Boba – TW​

You figure even then, not everyone cares about those two game modes. TW is more important now with the rewards, but GAC is still not that much. The best rewards are for getting to Kyber, not winning any bracket or the final ranking.

5. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. Reading this after reading Phasma's touch up, it's comical how worthless Rose is lol

6. Electricboa

I might have mentioned it before, but my guild actually calls any useless requirement for a GL some variant of Rose: Phasma was Platinum Rose, ROLO was Snow Rose, Royal Guard was Red Rose, etc. Obviously, that was prior to the Royal Guard buff for LV, but you kind of get the idea.

I mean to be honest, there’s no real drive to make Rose better. CG doesn’t seem to really want to deal with sequel content more than they have to. Maybe if they ever come back and do General Leia or Zori Bliss, Rose might get used on the team somehow.

7. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Well-Known Member

We’ll, in CG’s defense, I don’t want to deal with sequel content any more than I have to either.