1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Road Ahead April 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by Electricboa, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

That being said, have any SEE holders here fought JMK with their SEEs, and if so what comps have you been using?

EDIT: Just fought another trial against my climbing partner with a more standard Sith comp and just Armorer. 3 stacks of Beskar is enough, but IMO you shouldn't auto the battle. You want to be manually controlling who SEE links IMO.

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I’ve done SEE against JMK once, and it was way closer than I liked. And that was with R8 SEE. All things being equal, I prefer JML as my counter. There seems to be a lot less RNG, it’s just a matter of getting to the ultimate

There is a Kylo counter I’ve seen that uses SLKR, Wat, Zombie, Daka, and GBA. Kylo gets weapon tech, tank tech on Brute, and the health tech on Daka. Apparently, it’s very effective.

As far as SEE, this is just an idea, but maybe SEE, Armorer, Wat, GBA, and Thrawn? You don’t need Han there because you’re not going against JML. But if you could get fracture on someone, that might help. GBA gives you the tank and stalls for time. In this case, your R7 GBA would probably be more useful because you’re not counting on Kylo knocking your tank below 60% health.

Another one to consider specifically for KAM variants would be a Traya lead. You’d be giving up the stacking mastery, but I wonder if all the attacks out of turn would make Traya worth it. They take 35% of their health as damage and take a 50% drop in offense until their next turn. The big problem would be JMK. He shouldn’t get that 35% damage (though he doesn’t attack out of turn that often), so it would still come down to SEE vs JMK, but without the stacked mastery.

3. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

I have done a variant of what you're suggesting. I've been going SEE, Armorer, Wat, Malak, Thrawn. Luckily JMK's AI is dumb enough where it hasn't been a problem getting to Armorer's 3 Beskar stacks....so far. Malak's held on to his taunt pretty well and given Armorer enough time to do her Armor shred and get to 3 stacks. Thrawn's helped with stalling.

4. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

CAT might make that team less effective, depending on how the AI prioritizes Hello There. Right now, JMK normally targets GK with it. If he gave it to CAT, she could immediately take someone out with Force Leap. I would almost say that having the AI do that would be problematic in general, but if you don’t use GK and maybe get CAT’s health/protection as the highest (outside of JMK), it might be possible to manipulate the AI into targeting her first. If that did happen, you’d probably want GBA over Malak because the Brute is expendable.

Though even if the AI gets to Force Leap naturally, that could still force you to use GBA. I imagine if you lost Malak too early, it would be a problem. You figure, Force Leap is on an 8 turn cool down, but once she takes her first turn she will give someone Shien, which will reduce the cool down for Force Leap each time they attack out of turn or evade. I hadn’t thought about it until just now, but KAM would actually be much better than OG Ahsoka for that since he attacks twice when he’s in Ataru form. It wouldn’t be impossible for CAT to have Force Leap ready on her second turn.

I keep going back and forth on whether I think KAM or CAT or both would be better under JMK. Either way, I suspect GBA will end up being more useful than Malak.

Themistocles likes this.