1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Road Ahead April 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by Electricboa, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

That's a fair point with the CA arrow. I have one good one with +23 speed as a secondary. It's usually on Fives and i really don't switch mods around during TBs except for the KAM mission.

I even needed Jolee to revive JML once in phase 4 as well. So maybe I'll test the CA arrow to see how much of a difference it makes. I cleared all 4 waves, but it was a long fight, probably close to 15 minutes.

Also, my Aayla is rather slow with only 70-something speed from mods.

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I like using the CA on JML in my arena team, so I really don’t move any mods around. I only really change anything for KAM. Everything else is pretty much as-is. I've started trying to collect different primary arrows with high speed secondaries to try and cover difference situations. CA, health, protection, and offense are all on my list.

Speed could be a factor. My Aayla has +94 speed. I don’t know how much of a difference that would really make, though.

3. Marc Tessier

I like this idea. Gonna investigate my arrow mods, but I don't expect much.

4. Electricboa

Jedi Master Kenobi Requirements Group 2:
    • Qui Gon Jinn - Relic 3
    • IG-100 Magnaguard - Relic 5
    • Clone Sergeant - Phase I - Relic 5
    • Wat Tambor - Relic 7
    • General Grievous - Relic 7

Honestly, not as bad as I expected.

Grievous is a common R7, so a lot of people already have him.

Qui-Gon was expected. He’s not good, but at least he’s only R3. He’s another Jedi fodder unit.

Clone Sergeant isn’t all that great, but he has a ship and he’ll come in handy for any all-clone feats. He’s supposed to have decent damage at G13. The ship is probably the more relevant use for him. It should make platooning the Republic Y-Wing easier.

The Magnaguard was a bit unexpected. I thought Grievous would be the only DS unit required, but I guess there was that seen on the bridge of the Invisible Hand. He was actually someone I wanted to take to g13 anyway, but never had the time. I already have B1 and B2 at R5, so I’ve got a pretty solid Grievous team with Magnaguard.

Wat is a bit troubling. He’s a great unit and I don’t really mind him at R7. The extra health is nice. But it does have implications for KAM. I am wondering if maybe JMK is getting Wat so Fallen Anakin will get KAM. At the very least, it creates the precedent that a TB-exclusive unit is required.

Well, I guess ROLO already did, but she had been out so long it wasn’t an issue. There are still a lot of people getting Wat.

5. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

Yeah. Relic 8 and a 7* Wat is pretty rough for early- to mid-game players

6. Marc Tessier

Well, the temptation was too much and I lost all self control.

I finished all 5 characters in the second group for Master Kenobi and now have 8 of 10 ready to go. Sure, it's a gamble on my part that KAM won't be needed, but feeling more confident about it. Of these 5, Wat surprised me the most. Mine was already R5 so he qualified for the CRancor. The final two relic tiers weren't so painful considering his overall value.

My Magnaguard was R4, so one extra relic level wasn't an issue.

QGJ was at G12 and Clone Sergeant was at G12.5 (all left side pieces were done). Since he's a staple in my Negotiator fleet, I don't have a problem giving him the gear. And as you said, he may prove rather useful for Clone Trooper feats in GC.

The nice part about this batch is that, in my case, they were all G12 and above, so I didn't have to dip too much into my reserves of carbanti, stun guns and kyros (just 2 finisher pieces).

I've got 17k crystals, so it's possible I can speed up the Bo-Katan farm depending on who's included in the last group.

Commander Cody seems like a lock.
    Yoda also seems like a sure bet.

After them, I'm not sure. Either JKA or GSky makes sense. Commander Ahsoka Tano .... possibly. And a couple of filler Jedi Council members. Take your pick from Fisto, Plo Koon, Luminara, Barris or Ima Gun Di.

7. Marc Tessier

It's now clear that Master Kenobi is intended for late-game players. Early and mid-game players have access to SLKR and Rey, even SEE depending on where their focus lies when they start out.

Have no clue how Master Kenobi will fare in Arena, but I expect him to make LS Geo TB much easier.

8. Electricboa

I’m going to be doing 2 refreshes a day for Bo Katan, so hopefully I won’t need to buy any of her from the store. If I have to, I still have 33k crystals. Plus, there’s double drops for DS nodes coming up and she’s on a DS node. I’ll probably do a couple extra for that.

I’m assuming Cody for sure. I’d like to see GMY, since I already have mine at R5 and he’d be worth taking higher if need be. Outside of that, I’m kind of hoping for Barriss just so I finally have an excuse to take her to G13.

And there is a part of me that would like to see KAM required just so it saves me having to gear another character and keep more of my hoarded gear.

Yeah, they’re definitely making the newer GLs harder and harder to get. I’m guessing that’s purely to use up the gear a lot of people have saved up, but that also makes it impractical for newer players to even bother. You figure, R8, the Negotiator, and now Wat? That’s a lot of high-end stuff that high GP guilds are really where you get them.

I’m assuming JMK is going to end up being better than JML. Assuming he has Republic synergy, the final team is likely to end up being:

JMK (L), GAS, KAM, Barriss, and GMY​

Another option is to sacrifice the Republic Jedi bonus from KAM ti use CAT in place of Barriss. CAT gives the team better bonuses in everything except speed:

CAT: +50% offense, +50% crit damage, +50% health, and +50% defense

KAM: +20% offense, +40% health, and +30 speed​

KAM still gives healer and support units offense equal to 10% of their health. GAS wouldn’t get it, but he doesn’t really need it. GMY is the biggest beneficiary. And if JMK is indeed a support unit, so will he with GLs having incredibly high stats.

In that case, maybe replace Barriss with CAT in the team above. Or maybe take GAS out to keep Barriss’ zeta. Either way, all those health and damage bonuses are going to add up pretty quickly.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  9. Marc Tessier

I'll do 15 sims a day on Bo-Katan's node too, probably an extra refresh on double drop days.

10. Electricboa

And so we get our last set of requirements:

• Cad Bane - Relic 5
    • CC-2224 "Cody" - Relic 5
    • Jango Fett - Relic 7
    • Shaak Ti - Relic 7
    • Grand Master Yoda - Relic 8

It’s not as bad as I was thinking. Cody was expected, so while he’s bad it’s not like we didn’t know it was coming. Cad Bane is a little weird. There’s potential for his ship with the Razor Crest, so if I do decide to go down the Mandalorian route with Bo-Katan and the Armorer, then maybe Cad Bane’s ship will be useful.

Jango was unexpected, but not horrible. It does help boost my BH team now that GAC requires more. Or if I wanted to put him with Nute, he’s more of a threat. R7 is more than I would have liked. Maybe they’ll give him a ship.

Shaak Ti is kind of in the same category as Jango. She’s a versatile Jedi. It will make the KAM mission easier, which is a little awkward, since most of us will be finishing him this time. Still, there are people who won’t, so it will help them.

GMY is easily the best of the group, since he’s almost certainly going to be used with KAM in the final team. I would have preferred R7 instead of R8, but I guess of all the ones outside of GK, GMY is probably the best.

I went ahead and took Bo-Katan to 7 stars. Probably could have waited, but since all the requirements were out, I went ahead and did it. I finished everyone except Bo-Katan and Jango. I’m lacking a gear piece they both need. I’ve got over a week until JMK is released, so I should have no trouble getting the last little bit by then.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  11. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Say what you will about his reqs, but for me right now SLKR is still one of the best set of reqs as you get 2 fully contained teams out of it. A lot of these reqs are quite nice, but it feels pretty scattered from a team building perspective.

12. Electricboa

Oh, the requirements for GLs are starting to get worse and worse in terms of actually building a viable team out of them. I think JMK is now the worst GL when you look at just the requirements.

You can make a Jedi team out of GK, Mace, Aayla, Qui-Gon, and GMY. It’s a bad team, since only two characters could be considered good and GK is better under Padme anyway. You can make most of a Separatist team with Grievous, Wat, Magnaguard, Jango, Again, not a very good one, since you’re missing key characters and don’t have a full team of five anyway. It’s a worse version of SEE giving you parts of better teams.

But it’s a combination of CG wanting to have characters that thematically relate to the GL and also happen to have a lot of characters most people don’t have at G13 to try and force people to spend money. Rey and Kylo were fairly unique in most people didn’t have FO or Resistance geared, they were able to add new characters to force spending, and no one really know what to expect with a GL. Players are pretty good with finding patterns and predicting, so anything that comes after is easier to plan for. That’s why everyone was expecting Cody. He first exactly what CG looks for a character with a connection to the GL and one almost no one bothered to gear.

But in terms of value for the GL requirements, I doubt any will top Kylo and Rey. Maybe JML since you get a couple good teams, but that comes at the cost of requiring more nesting characters than any other GL. I still consider JML the worst first GL because of those requirements, but JMK might beat it with two R8s and Wat. It would be incredibly unlikely that someone without a GL will have the ability to do that easily There are some—one person in my guild is obsessed with GL counters, but never got around to doing a GL himself. But that’s a pretty big exception. Most people on their first GL are still relatively new.

13. Marc Tessier

No complaints from me on the requirements. I was expecting at least one more R8 in the final batch, and I had a strong feeling it would be Yoda.

As for my state of readiness:

GMY went from R5 to R8 today.
    Shaak Ti was already at R7. Yay!
    Jango Fett went from R5 to R7.
    Cody went from G12 to R5.
    Cad Bane went from G12 to R5.

Still in a state of disbelief, but every requirement is ready to go except Bo-Katan. She's at 60/100 now and I promoted her from G8 to G11 today. All the gear is ready and waiting once she's at 7 stars. (Edit: I still need about 45 MK7 Hypo Syringes, which I should be able to acquire over the next week.)

Let's fast forward to next week. Can't believe I may be able to start Master Kenobi's event on day 1.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Themistocles likes this.
  14. Marc Tessier

I think it's a safe bet to say that future GL requirements will only become more difficult -- either in terms of scarcity (ie: Wat/KAM, Hero's Journey character/Conquest only toons) or relic levels.