1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Requirements for Rey's Hero's Jourey Revealed

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by SumiXam, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

2. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

3 days notice, "nice"

3. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I didn't expect it until May. They pretty well screwed a lot of people who thought they could farm Sith Trooper or Assassin because of rumors. The worst part is you know it was all done on purpose to panic everyone. They could have let everyone know at the beginning of March with the Calendar, but then people might be able to really make a push to get the Veterans FTP. With only 3 days, they know that the pressure will be there to buy that $30 pack. Even more so now that we know Rey is the best team for the Sith raid. I have a feeling we're going to be seeing purges in some of the higher GP guilds on the 22nd for anyone that didn't get her this time around.

4. Marc Tessier

I agree. There will be a lot of turnover among guilds as those with JT Rey will want to have the best shot at completing the Heroic Sith raid and getting Traya shards.

The subject of possible player swaps was already broached in my guild community after it became apparent that JT Rey was going to be essential to complete Heroic. The guild leaders said they don't want to do it as it happened last time with HAAT and the guild that ended up with TNR's strongest players split off completely. So for now, each guild is to progress at its own pace. I imagine some swaps could be made on an individual basis, but that probably wouldn't take place until after Rey's Hero's Journey ends and guilds can get an idea of where they are at.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  5. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

And that's why I never liked having multiple guilds in the same network. It rarely turns out well. Some leave, others stay and become resentful as the strongest get siphoned off to the parent guild.

flair likes this.
  6. flair

flair Member

crap, too soon
    Han is almost done (88/100) but Chewie just 6*, I might be forced to buy some shards to not miss JTR

I've been farming them for a majority of time and still I'm not ready yet

7. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Between the 2 vets I've been farming them for 3 months, Han is done but Chewie is still only 43/85, so I need 142 shards by the time the event ends, call it 8 days (as I've already used my refreshes today). The drop rates are so awful I don't think 18 shards a day is going to be possible, but I'm going to have to try as she's such a huge requirement.

It's these underhanded tactics that got me to rage quit before, and in this case I have been farming the required toons for months and I'm still not close because the drop rates are so appalling. Very frustrating.

8. flair

flair Member

let's be frank here, it really is fucking outrageous - it's a cheap money grabbing move, and premeditated at that, they do this once in a while showing how much respect
    they have for their gamers
    like Kev I'm considering walking away, it's just a disgrace

9. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Look at it this way - if you were preparing for the event to return in May, like all of the previous timescales for Legendary events, then be ready for the next return (probably in June now).

The game model works as it does because people will spend money on it.

10. flair

flair Member

I know all that but the knowing it doesn't lessen the feeling

I'm more ready than not so I'll give it a try, we'll see how farming goes

11. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Hahaha, I know, I'm in the same boat!

In shipments shards are 80 crystals each, probably a better option than the 200 crystal refreshes, but no chance of getting a lucky extra shard or 2 (not that they have ever dropped a lucky extra shard).

12. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

The only reason I can apply to why it is happening now instead of the expected 6 month rotation, release of the TLJ on media (digital, disc,...). To be perfectly honest, I expected it to return with the movie coming out for sale. I was also lucky in that I had finished STrooper before the first iteration of JTR, got both vets done after her first appearance, and have since finished SA and KRU. Theoretically, I'm set to get her this time around, on both accounts. But I know a bunch of people in my second guild are not happy, and considering spending in order to unlock both BB8 and JTR.

13. Marc Tessier

RNG can be so frustrating. Wish you and @Kevthejedi were having better luck. I wish you both good luck.

I actually had good, or at least decent, luck with the Vets. I was averaging a steady 10-11 shards per day. But I know RNG will eventually mess with me on other toons.

I started farming the Vets as soon as it was confirmed they were needed for JT Rey. I did 3 refreshes a day and sometimes 4 in the lead up to her Hero's Journey. When the pack came out for $30 with 50 shards of each, I promised myself I would buy it if I could make it to 50/100 on both vets. I ended up making it with a few days to spare.

14. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Day 1 - 64 energy overnight, plus 5 refreshes (3x100, 2x200) = 7 shards out of 41 sims.

Today it is actually cheaper to just buy them from the store for 80 crystals per shard. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

15. Marc Tessier

Oh, that is really bad luck. You should be getting around 12-13 shards out of 41 sims.

16. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

It's pretty consistent with what I've been getting since December, which is why I'm still not ready now. I didn't stop to farm up KRU or the Sith or anyone else either, it seems my mistake was only buying one refresh a day instead of 3. At least I can 7* BB8 this time round.

17. Marc Tessier

Your HAAT scores will skyrocket with BB-8.

Ackbar (lead) with CLS, Raid Han, Hermit Yoda and BB-8 netted me more than 20 million and that's without trying.
    I started with 40% of Phase 2 remaining and cleared it. At some point in Phase 3, I put it on auto because i was at work. Next time I looked, the boss was at 50%, but Raid Han and Ackbar had been killed (probably by the main cannon). I proceeded to watch CLS, BB-8 and Hermit Yoda finish Phase 3 on their own. It was incredible. Once I started Phase 4, I was getting worried about my phone's battery, so i started playing manually, but only used basic attacks to ensure they would get killed sooner. I ended up doing 7% of Phase 4.

18. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

I might start saving TB currency for Hermit Yoda now that I have my arena team fully kitted out. The rest are all good, and I'll put BB8 at the top of the list for gear too I think. Poor Shore trooper made it one gear level!

19. Marc Tessier

The kicker, I received the challenge gear special. Hate that. Such a waste.

20. flair

flair Member

thanks for having my back, but I'm afraid I will be forced to wait to the next time the event comes back
    Han is 87/100 and Chewie 21/100 - I started farming him from 6* as soon as the info hit, and the drop rate isn't that bad, but it's quite a distance to go