1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Relic Craziness

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Dagor, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

So relics are here, they seem quite a bit overpowered especially when it comes to crew members. The stat increase for ships is pretty insane. For regular squad members it's pretty good too. I regret not waiting for videos before using mats to upgrade a couple of my arena guys to some degree though. I fully upgraded Darth Revan, Darth Malak, and Sith Marauder. My marauder is nearly at 10k physical damage, which is pretty nuts, plus about 120k health and protection. My Malak now has a little north of 250k combined health and protection as well as nearly 6400 physical damage without being really modded for damage at all. Darth Revan is now at about 120k health and protection and his damage rose to almost 6000, again without really being modded into offense. Those were the three I chose to push to level 7 relics. I did level a couple other folks up to between 2-4 relic level with spare gear I had sitting around. One thing that I saw afterwards as well is that Grievous gets pretty nuts at 7th level. Mine isn't "amazingly" modded but is G13. I have about 50k health on him from mods. But even at only 4th level, that puts him around 120k hp. From what I was seeing on Warrior's video, the GG arena team is really tough to beat with a Darth Revan team with just GG upgraded, so that could be a thing. That's probably the main thing I regretted not looking at first I guess. At least instead of choosing Marauder maybe. I don't have all the zetas on that GG team (IG-88 lead, GG, Magna, BB-8, T3-M4 with all zetas) to really take advantage of it. I do have all those guys at G12 or G13, so I could maybe have taken advantage, but that's definitely where my energy is going next.

I didn't have any lightside characters at G13 until yesterday when I upgraded GMY, so really I couldn't have easily upgraded any relevant pilots without a more significant investment of materials as I would need G12 finishers on both Chewie and Han to get there. But, Warrior noted in his recent video that his MilF went to 195 speed after upgrading both Han and Chewie's relics, which is pretty insane. It also got a healthy chunk of health and protection.

I do really like that they gave a healthy bump in GP for a level 7 relic though. It will hopefully help with matchmaking, which was a disaster with G13. G13 alone didn't really increase character GP at all compared to the relative power level difference that G13 added to a lot of characters. So at least they corrected that oversight when it comes to relics. Its still to be seen how much the relics will impact Geo TB too. I did upgrade the ones I did before running through my missions for phase 2, but I usually get through all four waves with the teams I used in this phase anyway. I will say that I thought that my DR team seemed to survive better, but that's so hard to measure. Phase 4 will be the real test. I can usually get through 3 waves with my DR team in phase 4, so we'll see if I can complete that fourth wave in a couple of days.

2. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

General Grievous with a T7 relic is absolute madness ... hitting for over 200k. Easily the best offense team in the game now, and likely a huge pain to beat when it's on defense. I've bumped up Darth Revan, Bastilla Fallen, and HK to T3 relics. I also got Han and Chewie to T2. I have to admit that I haven't felt the pull to spend in this game for a long time, but this has given me that familiar twinge. We'll see if I can resist.

Relics is the most crazy cash grab from CG yet. Some players will dig in and drink the Kool-Aid, but I'm guessing there will be many who will either walk away or close their wallets and find something else to whale on that doesn't require this level of spending. I think Boa's post on Reddit says it all. CG put all their chips into pushing whales to spend more. I really wish they would push out new content, but that doesn't give the revenue bump that something like this does.

3. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Pretty much what I said on Reddit:

With a cash grab this big, I'm kind of afraid for the longevity of this game now. I do wonder if this is a last-ditch effort to bleed the whales. G13 just came out and they’re already adding the next stage. In the past, the gear creep has been slow. After we got to G12, the next step was to let us get 3 more gear pieces. Then we got G12+. Then we got the finisher. Relics give more stats to a character than going up a gear level and it’s here right after we just got G13? That’s a radical change from how progression was before.

Another huge difference is how we get the relic salvage. For G12 and G12+ gear, we originally had to do guild events to get them. That at least prevented people from spending hundreds and having a maxed character immediately. With the G12 finisher, they start going more for monetization with the Kyrotech, but at least the salvage stuff itself was farmable.

Relics require raw gear, which only long-time players are going to have saved up. Or you spend money, which they immediately gave as an option. So they have stopped making content for new players. That means the game isn’t growing anymore, which is the end of the lifecycle for mobile games. CG has always wanted more money, but this marks a stark change in how fast they push it.

Relics require a bunch of excess gear to do. If you’ve played since the beginning, like many of us have, then you will have a ton of excess gear that you don’t need. So, yes, we probably could max out our arena teams in a few weeks. The only thing really limiting most long-time players is the stuff from the Cantina. But just wait till the meta changes and we start using up all our gear to do relics for a new team? It won’t happen right away, but it’s going to happen.

But the fact that all this is happening right after G13 came out is what’s troubling. If they had waited a few months and given most people time to get a fair number of G13s, then it would make sense to add more.

As of right now, relics are on par with how mods were originally. They had to massively nerf them because of whale complaints. Now, they gave the whales the ability to buy a hard advantage that might not be possible for anyone else to overcome. At least with mods (as they are now), there’s a level of RNG involved. Relics are pure PTW.

I took Malak to R4, Bastila to R2, and the rest (DR HK, GBA, and Grievous) are all R1. I'm not giving them any money for this. I'll do it slowly.

Side note: Before they patch it, get in and spend your Mk3 Holoprojectors (merged): https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOf...psa_combine_items_before_converting_get_them/

These are cheap to make and give an insanely high return on investment for Relic salvage. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These character use it (so you can craft it)
    [​IMG]

Also, be careful. Some expensive gear gives you next to nothing in return.

4. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

@Electricboa

Your Reddit post appeared in a Mobile Gamer video that he did with Ahnald. They both agreed with everything in your post.

There's already a couple players in my shard with R7 Malak, Darth Revan and Bastila.

Crazy stuff these relics are.

I'm with you. I'll work on them slowly as I suspect most players will do.

5. Electricboa

Sumi sent it to me. It was a bit strange. The only thing I could say was

[​IMG]

I’ve got a few R7s in my arena, but it hasn’t been the end of the world, yet. My mods are still above average. No amount of health and damage can really stop me if my DR and Bastila is faster. But, some of them have gotten closer.

For now, I stopped adding relics. I want to finish Ebon Hawk (5 more shards) and then I’ll farm relic energy full time.

6. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Speed is still king in many ways. It just seems like RNG can really kill you more with R7 relic'd characters. As I said in my other post, an R7 Marauder can easily hit for over 250k on his special with minimal stacks of ferocity. When he was at 15 stacks prior, his special would crit for about 180k. I regularly see him crit for 200-250k with only 5 stacks now, and I've had people in my shard lament about him one-shotting their bastilas and revans.

This next round of GAC should be interesting

7. Electricboa

Speed is king right now because of how DR's team functions. I'm more concerned about the next meta. What happens if Padme becomes meta and all of a sudden those health boosts matter a lot more than anything else? More protection up means longer to take down. Or if Clones are next and someone has a Relic 7 Fives that can give Rex and Echo insane stats when he sacrifices himself.

Speed is always going to be important, but some of the more recent teams are putting less emphasis on it. I'm not looking forward to GA. I'm already paired against players with up to 500k more GP than I do because of their broken matchmaking. When you get to where I am (4.8 million) an extra 500k is a huge difference

8. Marc Tessier

I am seeing similar match-ups. My GP is about 4.87 million (added nearly 50k by unlocking the Negotiator today) and I get matched against players with 5.2-5.3 million GP these days. I try to take it as a complement that I've constructed a good collection. Even earned a 1894-1893 win in the one that just ended to give me third place. My opponents won't be able to just put D. Revan and Malak on defense against me anymore either since I just pushed Bastila Fallen to G13 R2 last night. That puts all of the Big Three in my Sith Empire squad at R2.

9. SumiXam

The mismatches makes Grand Arena almost intolerable for me. In fact, I completely forgot to sign up for the last round. I'm sitting at 4.85M GP and I constantly get matched against someone with a fair bit higher GP than me.

In other news, relics proved to be my weakness. I hated the cash grab from CG, but I really wanted to see how relics would affect ships so I dove in. The improvement in ships was enough to eliminate the minimal RNG I would have on occasion with some fleets on my shard. A bunch of players started rolling with Negotiator fleets and they were quite easy to deal with, so I guess that's something. I'm actually going to try this Grand Arena (now that I remembered to sign up this time) and see if relics make it a bit more tolerable. I'm not holding my breath. I'll likely get paired with another group over 5M. I should probably get out of carbonite league though now that my non-participation is visible to everyone on the arena shards, I think I make myself more of a target.

10. Marc Tessier

Which characters did you do with your relics and how far are they now?

11. SumiXam

Han, Chewie, and Bossk have T7 relics, Grievous is T5, Brood Alpha and Darth Revan are T3, Bastilla Fallen and HK are T2.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  12. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I have DR, Malak, GG, and Marauder at R7. HK, Bossk, BSF, and Han at R2. Chewie, GBA, Spy, Asajj, Talzin, Spirit, Daka, Zombie, GMY, B1, Magna, and B2 all at R1.

Right now my next focus is on Han and Chewie and then probably Bossk. Just farming the cantina mats since I don't have any other cantina farms at the moment.

13. Electricboa

Well, I have been waffling on what to do about relics. I still think a new meta will be coming soon, so I’m not all that eager to drop R7 on my Malak or other Sith Empire characters. I can definitely afford to do 2 or 3 R7s from the gear I already have, but once that’s dried up, I’ll need to work on getting new gear. This is all for R5-7. I can get everyone to R4 without any real trouble and that’s what I’ve been working on.

The main thing holding me back is the cantina stuff. I’ve been hoarding crystals again, but have taken to doing 3 cantina energy refreshes a day to slowly get what I need. As of now, Malak, Darth Revan, and Grievous are all R4. Bastila is R2 and the rest of my G13s are R1. My immediate plans are to work on getting everyone to R4. All of the G13s I have are characters that will be worth upgrading, so I’m not worried about wasting resources.

The only think I’m not sure about is going past R4. Right now, Grievous is the only one I’d take all the way to R7 if I chose to do it. I still don’t have a GG bomb team, but I do regularly use Separatists on defense in GA and TW and the Geo TB is designed for it.