1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Razor Crest

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

UNIT NAME: Razor Crest
    ALIGNMENT: Light
    CATEGORIES: Attacker, Bounty Hunter, Cargo Ship, Scoundrel
    CREW: The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor)
    Tenacious Bounty Hunter attacker with Breach synergy.

ABILITIES:

Basic: MOST WANTED
    [​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the enemy is Breached, inflict Marked for 2 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted.

Special: STALLING STRAFE (Cooldown 3)
    [​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Breach for 2 turns. If the target already had Breach, inflict Buff Immunity for 2 turns. Call target other Bounty Hunter ally to assist.

Hardware: PRE-EMPIRE TRANSPONDER (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Enter Battle: Razor Crest gains Stealth for 2 turns and inflicts Ability Block on target enemy for 1 turn, which can't be evaded or resisted.

Unique 1: TENACIOUS PILOT

FINAL TEXT: Whenever another Bounty Hunter ally uses a Special ability, they first inflict Breach on the selected target for 2 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted.

The first time allies inflict Breach 6 times while Razor Crest is active, Razor Crest gains +50% Critical Damage for the rest of the battle and active Bounty Hunter allies gain +25% Offense and +25 Speed for the rest of the battle.

If a Marked enemy is defeated, reduce the cooldowns of active allied Bounty Hunter ships by 1.

While Razor Crest is active, Breached enemies have -30% Critical Damage.

Unique 2: TRUSTY TRANSPORT

FINAL TEXT: This ship ignores Taunt during its turn.

At the start of battle, Razor Crest gains 5 stacks of Reinforced Hull, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. The first time Razor Crest is reduced to 1% Health, it recovers 90% Health and gains 3 stacks of Reinforced Hull.

Reinforced Hull +250% Defense per stack; lose one stack of Reinforced Hull when receiving damage

Marc Tessier likes this.
  2. Electricboa

It has potential. I could see it going one of two ways, Either people are going to try and use with under a GK capital ship like they do HT or it’s going to pry HT away to a separate bounty hunter fleet for GAC and TW. Not TB, since it’s LS and the other BHs are DS.

I’m not sure if this is enough to make BH viable on the high end, but if we count Beskar Mando as early game accessible, then this might be able to be a contender for best mid-game team game team for ships. Maybe early game. You figure BHs are not a bad squad team and this all funnels you to a CLS team and the Falcon.

For a GK fleet, this could be an easy way to win on offense. All you have to do is make shure your HT goes first (if your opponent has one). Then breach their Anakin and the Razor Crest can mark him. Once Anakin is gone, you’ve pretty much won. Maybe BH could be used to win on offense.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  3. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

This pretty much mirrors my thoughts. It sure looks like Razor Crest is designed to battle Negotiator fleets. Being able to Mark Anakin's ship will make it an easy win on offense. On the flip side, if it's on defense will the AI be programmed to Mark the enemy's Anakin fighter or will it just randomly target one of the ships?

It looks like it will be vulnerable to Malevolence and maybe even Rebel fleets as both will chew through the stacks of Reinforced Hull pretty fast.

Either way, I'm excited. Back in December when CG mentioned there were more ingots of beskar to come, I was hoping one of them would be Razor Crest.

Only complaint is that Beskar Mando is the pilot rather than Mando. It makes no sense considering their kits. But it does make perfect sense when factoring in the resources needed for Beskar Mando.

4. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

If the pilot was Mando instead of Bando, it might be perfect for early game players. But alas, having to go out of your way to get Bando and then doesn't he need more Kyros than Mando? Gross.

5. Electricboa

Beskar Mando is a lot more difficult to gear, yes. But he’s not as difficult to get. He’s supposed to be doable with G8/G9. There’s not really a great team with him right now, but I’m still expecting more characters like Bo-Katan.

But all this is kind of moot when it looks like the ship is going to be tied to the Galactic Conquests. The lowest tier is G12, so that’s not going to be possible for newer players anyway. Even if they had Beskar Mando.

But multi-attacking fleets will probably be the weakness of the Razor Crest. I’m not sure if they’re trying to make it more of a balanced meta, like how the GLs are now or if they’re trying to expand GAS/TW only. The requirements for Galactic Conquests are pretty steep and the number of blueprints you get is probably tied to how hard the path you take is. They could restrict it to the hard path only. At that point, the people with enough teams to beat R4+ are probably going to have one or both of the GK and Grievous capital ships. At which point, would there be incentive to work on a BH team? I’m not sure

6. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Soooo I was wondering if Razor Crest would become necessary in the fleet meta, and it's not looking good for Malevolence fleet owners. Have any Neg fleet owners in here beaten someone who has kept Neg and a good Razor Crest on defense?

I'm a person who definitely believes in investing in fleets. I was really hoping to not gear a sub-par character and faction in order to keep up though...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/nfh7fy/razorcrest_on_defense_viability/

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  7. Electricboa

I’ve run into one Razor Crest team in GAC, and it was just BHs under a Thrawn capital ship. I used Rebels against it, and it fell apart pretty easily. I haven’t seen anyone in my fleet arena using it.

My guess is there aren’t too many people investing in it. Probably for a few reasons. On swgohgg, only there are only 10k G13 Beskar Mandos, but 40k people have him. So most people are doing what I did. I unlocked him and just let him untouched.

There’s not really a great Beskar Mando team right not. Maybe when Bo-Katan is farmable and people gear her for JMK. I still think there’s a missing piece of that team, though. Right now, the only decent use for those characters is under Rey. At least they’re better than Jawas, it looks like a little under 2k people actually have G13 Jawas.

For the most part, people still prefer to use what they already have geared. So unless there’s some testing that show the Razor Crest is somehow amazing, I can’t see most going out of their way to gear Beskar Mando. Especially when the people who would be in a position to do so are most likely looking at JMK or the DS GL afterwards.

I saw the highlights of Ahnald’s testing and he had an all-G13 BH fleet. Id that realistic for most people? I’ll grant you Bossk, but Cad Bane, Boba, and IG-88 just aren’t worth it. I would also point out he was using the Gauntlet with G13 pilots, something that is only worth it if you have a strong Empire fleet.

Yes, he could win on offense, but he wasn’t doing it with G11 pilots. When you eventually do SLKR, FO is a fleet that can win on offense, too. Neither are going to be good on defense. At least the Razor Crest in a BH line up. Maybe when it’s 7 stars, it might be better on defense. What we really need is a Scoundrel capital ship to bring everything together.

8. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it in my Fleet shard yet. Before RC had even been unlocked there was at least one guy in my shard with BAM at R7. If he's not using RC yet, my guess it's not worth it for now as this player does enjoy trying out various ship combinations and strategies.

Beskar Mando's gear requirements are really steep -- 600 total kyros, 200 stun guns, 250 carbanti, 250 stun cuffs, 200 golden eyeballs, and 150 droid callers. The only way I'm gearing him is if RC does change the fleet meta, or one day in the future if he's a requirement for something else.

Themistocles likes this.
  9. Electricboa

I might consider it because of Bo-Katan. I have to gear her for JMK, so it would be kind of nice to have a place to use her. Not to mention the Mandalorian-only feats. Plus, the Armorer is on my list to gear. Beskar Mando is almost required for that team to work.