1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Padme Squad

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by jwall157, May 5, 2020.

1. jwall157

jwall157 New Member

When I get padme, who should I put with her? I'm level 63 right now, and I'll have Padme, Ahsoka, JKA, and 5 star GM Yoda. Who gets the last spot? Obviously when I get Kenobi, I'll do that, but that may take a while. Ideally, it would be C3PO, but I can't add more characters to farm, so I can't do the Ewoks. I have Mace Windu 5 stars right now, maybe him? Or I could do Clone Wars Chewie, like AhnaldT101 has, but idk if he uses him as a joke or not.

Thanks for any replies.

2. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Barris, if you have access to her. She can help heal the team and can be kinda tanky, which you're going to need. Long term, you're going to want to add in GK and 3P0.

jwall157 likes this.
  3. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Her team is fairly flexible outside the core trio of Padme, Jedi Knight Anakin, and Ahsoka. Any two Galactic Republic characters fit quite nicely. I will use Barris and Shaak Ti fairly frequently. GK goes with GL Rey for me mostly, but depending on what I'm doing, I've used him on the Padme squad quite a bit. Grand Master Yoda typically goes with Jedi Knight Revan teams, so until you get him you can certainly afford to use him with Padme. I've also filled that last spot or two with Clone Troopers. It really just depends on what you want for the team. Ideally you want someone who can taunt, which is either Fives or General Kenobi. But that is sometimes not even necessary with enough gear vs what you are fighting.

jwall157 likes this.
  4. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

The ‘ideal’ team is:

Padme (L), GK, Jedi Anakin, Ahsoka, and C-3PO​

But you can put almost any Republic characters in there as filler. I usually use Barriss if I want to use C-3PO elsewhere, but I have her at G12 with the zeta. Without the zeta, she’s not quite as good. The healing is still nice, but gear level does matter a bit, since you won’t have a lot of health at lower gear levels.

I’d say use what you have now instead of trying to build up a team that will get replaced in the long run anyway. Windu is trash and CW Chewie is even worse. Windu at least has a capital ship (which happens to be the worst in the game right now), but CW Chewie doesn’t even have that.

Here’s the thing about the SWGOH YouTubers, take what they say and do with a grain of salt. Ahnald and MobileGamer are probably the two most popular, but they’re also not very good at the game. They made a lot of dumb decisions and the vast majority of the time any good advice you see from them is parroted from another channel or fed to them from their viewers. The best place for advice is somewhere like this (a forum) or a good guild where you can get specific opinions on or answers to your questions.

To me, CW Chewie is the worst character in the game. Others might have a worse kit or stats, but CW Chewie is unique in that he’s the strongest character you start with. That leads a lot of people to put more gear into him than they should because they don’t realize how worthless he is outside of the beginner phase. So it’s not that uncommon to see people with CW Chewie at G9, G10, or even G11. All that gear forever wasted.

In this particular instance, Ahnald was just trying to be cute by finding a use for CW Chewie, not actually recommending you gear him. Because for those people who did gear him too far, he has no other use. More than that, having him highly geared actually hurts you because his GP gets counted for things like GAC, but he’s utterly useless in them. You get paired against harder opponents.

jwall157 likes this.
  5. jwall157

jwall157 New Member

@Skywlkr76 @Dagor @Electricboa
    Thanks for responding that information helps a lot. One more question though.
    When should I start farming Ewoks for C3PO? My plan was to get Padme, then JK Revan, then Darth Revan.
    In fact, right now I have started Bastila, Jolee and Zalbaar. Is it a good idea to start them now?
    Thanks

6. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

You really just need to make a plan and stick to it. It looks like you have one in mind there and C-3PO isn't part of it yet. So I wouldn't worry about farming ewoks yet. I mean, you can certainly start picking up Logray shards from the Guild shop and do the event that comes around monthly for Wicket shards because those won't take away from what you're already doing, but I wouldn't start using your energy to farm them until you're ready to focus on them. Logray also isn't available anywhere else, so that one makes sense. It's real easy in this game to spread yourself way too thin, especially when you're still building out your roster. When you do that, you end up finding that your progress actually slows down considerably and maybe you get bored or quit because you feel like you'll never accomplish your goals.

It's best to have one project at a time. Limit yourself to 1-3 farms from each energy type and finish those farms before you move on to the next thing. Always make those farming targets align with your greater current goal (getting whatever legendary character you are going after). Farm one target from each of the currency shops. Those may not align with your primary greater goal, especially with most of the newer legendary characters since they stopped putting characters in most of the stores quite some time ago, but HK-47 is a good example of one that is in a shop but is also needed for Darth Revan. There are many 'pillar' type farming guilds out there on google, pick one you like and use it. Ideally it will let you pick a current target or be adjustable based on your preferences. There are many characters from the different currency shops that are useful and there are many that are complete garbage, so choose wisely with a grander plan in mind.

Good luck my friend.

7. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Oh, I mentioned it on someone else's thread too, but I would recommend joining us in the "Rants and Accomplishments" section at the bottom here. There is a long thread titled "A Good Day/Week" there where many of us have been tracking our farming progress over time, usually on a weekly basis. It's actually quite cathartic to be able to look back at your actual progress over a week or two. When you're not actually tracking it, it can be easy to get bummed out about getting 0-2 shards during your day of farming x character. When you actually track it, you can see real progress and it gives you more motivation to continue. Plus you have the rest of us there to cheer on your progress.

8. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

^That right there.

Staying on course is the most important thing. It’s very easy to get sidetracked and that just slows everything down.

C-3PO is a very useful character, but he’s not going to be immediately useful to you. He works on Republic, Rebel, and Resistance teams. I already mentioned the Padme Republic team, but that team is really about Anakin, Ahsoka, and GK. C-3PO adds a nice little boost, but if you don’t have the core, it won’t matter. Same with Rebels. The current ‘ideal’ rebel team is:

CLS (L), Raid Han, Chewie, R2, and C-3PO​

But like the Padme team, the core of CLS, Han, and Chewie are what you really need for it to work.

There’s not really a Resistance team that truly makes use of C-3PO right now. Resistance is kind of weak overall. GL Rey is one of the top two teams in the game, but she doesn’t really need C-3PO. JTR is the second-best Resistance leader. She can use C-3PO, but you get much more out of him with Rebels or Republic.

Technically, C-3PO can be used with Ewoks, but it isn’t worth it.

Jedi Revan and Darth Revan are much more useful and neither of them have any use for C-3PO. You can passively get Logray in guild shipments, like Dagor said, but I wouldn’t farm anyone else unless you already finished all the Revan farms from that section first.

And keep in mind that the ultimate goal is to get Darth Malak, so you’ll be gearing up most of the characters required to get each Revan to around G12 for Malak. That’s a long-term project. It doesn’t hurt to have a plan for afterward, though.

9. jwall157

jwall157 New Member