1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Padme Legendary event

Discussion in 'General' started by Marc Tessier, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.sta...02379/padme-amidala-event-requirements#latest

This event strikes me as one of the more intriguing Legendary events since there are 12 characters who can be used and all but two of them have long been available to all players. Outside of the newish Separatist Droid faction, there's no real synergy among them, making it difficult for players to figure out who to gear.

Most long-time players will have Asaj geared for her use in the NS squad and Sith raid. Some will have Grievous geared after his rework and many will have Dooku fairly well geared as he was a good early game character and a strong universal leader before CG started moving toward factions with excellent synergy. Of course, with three of the bugs having ships that at were one time the Fleet meta, many will also have Geo Spy, Geo Soldier and Sun Fac geared up.

I'm not sure what to do at this stage since I have a mixed-bag of geared Separatists.

Right now I have:

Asaj (G12)
    Grievous (G11)
    Dooku (G10)
    B2, Sun Fac and Geo Soldier (G8)

Gearing B2 makes sense since I will eventually want a full Separatist Droid team, especially with the upcoming Geonosian TB. The bugs will also be needed, but I don't see how they will help in the Padme event since they aren't very good.

My suspicion is that Separatist Droids will be the optimal team for the event, which puts pressure on players to chase B1 and Droideka.

I figure it's going to be a difficult event like Chewie's Legendary given all but B1 and Droideka have long been FtP. While I won't be surprised if I can't get a 7-star Padme, my big fear is that even a 5-star version will be out of reach.

For now, I'll just hoard gear until the event opens and we start getting reports about who to gear from other players.

2. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

I have Asajj, Sun Fac, Spy, and Soldier all at G12 and B2 at G11. Everyone else is G9 or below and most of them aren't even leveled up to 85. If the droids are required for the event, I'll have to sit this one out. I've started farming B1 and Droideka, but they'll take a while. We'll see how challenging this event ends up being.

3. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

I figure that the droids will make the event somewhat easier (like Bossk for the Chewie event) to make people panic farm for them. It wouldn’t be a CG event if they didn’t try to squeeze some money out of it.

While I’m happy that Padme is finally making it into the game, she not someone I’m I just have to have, so I think I’ll sit back and maybe try to catch her next time around.

4. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I’m reasonably well off. Like everyone else, B1 and Droideka are my only weak spots. I’m really banking on my Geos. Investing in them for their ships was worth it, but it’ll be even better if I also get Padme that way. I also have Grievous at G12, but that was only because I thought he might be amazing after the rework and it didn’t pan out. At least I should be well off for the Geo TB

[​IMG]

5. Marc Tessier

I am coming along with my mashed up Separatists.

As of now, this is my squad:

Grievous (G11)
    Asaj (G12)
    B2 (G11)
    Geo Soldier (G11)
    Dooku (G10)

I'm hoping that's good enough to unlock Padme, but I can get Dooku up to G11 and probably Soldier up to G12 if necessary. I noticed my Geo Soldier has no mods, what sets would you recommend on him?

6. Electricboa

I have a feeling it’s going to be difficult for non-Sep Droids, but still possible.

For Geo Soldier, I’d say offense or crit damage would be best. Offense is probably better, since his basic can give himself offense up. His unique gives +9% crit chance, but that isn’t much. But if you do have to gear up Dooku or Soldier, I don’t think it will be bad in the long run. Dooku should get a strong rework and Geos are probably going to be required for the Geo TB. Not to mention their ships are still good. Eventually, we will get a Sep capital ship and they will probably be powerful again.

7. SumiXam

I cleared through T4 easily, but I can't touch T5. The bugs just don't put out enough damage. I've tried rotating in a mix of Dooku, Asajj, and B2 without success. My best run yet was with Dooku (L), Asajj, Sun Fac, Spy, B2. I was able to take out Padme since she can't be revived by the fish Jedi, but I haven't been able to get the others. I can sometimes take out Anakin, but I can't seem to knock out fish man before he revives Anakin and then I'm done for.

B2 is a necessity in my opinion. You need to be able to constantly clear GK's taunt so you can target the right character. I might see if I can gear up Dooku a bit more, since he really did help the cause quite a bit. We'll see if I can get RNG to go my way and unlock Padme, but I think that's a bit of a long shot at this point.

8. Electricboa

Well, it’s looking like CG soft-lied again. T7 is simply not beatable without droids. People can do it without B1 and Droideka, but Grievous seems to be a hard requirement. Unfortunately, the only Grievous’ I’ve seen do it have most or all their G12 and G12+ gear for max health. The best I can do is 43k and that doesn’t look like enough. B2 is also a hard requirement. And so far, everyone I’ve seen do it has used Magnaguard. Unfortunately, Magnaguard is the only Sep character I don’t have geared that much.

I actually have Grievous to G12 and even gave him his Unique Zeta. I still can’t get T7. I can come close. I’ve taken out Padme several times, but can’t quite manage the rest. I need to take out the Jolee clone, but Anakin massacres me.

9. Marc Tessier

That sucks if Magnaguard is a key part of the team needed for a 7-star Padme. When they reworked him, I looked up his gear and it's pretty brutal and he didn't seem very good in the Grievous team either.

10. Electricboa

Good news and bad news. It's possible to do it without Magnaguard:

[​IMG]

Bad news is Grievous, B2, and Ventress all had Zetas. The Grievous leader isn't necessary, but his unique is. Someone else did it with this:

[​IMG]

All I can say for sure is it's all pure RNG. If you don't have a decked out Sep droid team, there is no strategy. Just hours of trying. I've already spent a good 5 hours total trying to beat it. I found this Reddit guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bk73f7/guide_to_7_stars_padme_without_new_droids/

It's basically a written version of what I found out through trial and error. I also gave B2 its Zeta. I was planning on doing a Grievous droid team eventually, so I guess it's not the end of the world that I'm blowing my Zeta stockpile now. My biggest problem right now is Grievous. I need to get some of his G12 gear to boost his health

11. SumiXam

I finally managed to unlock Padme, but it required getting Grievous to G12 and I dropped a zeta on his unique. The team that finally worked for me was Poggle (L), GG, Sun Fac, Spy, and B2.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  12. Electricboa

I'm up to at least 10 hours trying on T7. I did try the team @SumiXam used for a couple hours. It's good for taking out Padme, but I don't seem ot have enough control and/or sustained damage after she's gone.

13. Marc Tessier

Ouch! That's brutal.

I did get Padme up to 6 stars on Saturday night. I was watching Mobile Gamer, who had a worse squad than me other than his Grievous. So I geared up Grievous to G12 (plus a multi-tool and health piece) and dropped a zeta on his unique. Also bumped Dooku up to G11. Then I subbed in Magnaguard (G7) for Geo Soldier (G11). It took about 30 minutes, but it worked.

The funny part was that I didn't look at Magnaguard before I started experimenting. Afterwards, I realized he was only level 60 and had no mods. :) Grievous and the Separatist droids really are the key.

14. Marc Tessier

Try a Grievous lead with Magnaguard instead of Geo Spy to try and get another star on Padme. It worked for me even with a horrible Magnaguard - G7, level 60 and no mods. He can stun and when he gets killed, gets a bonus turn, then feeds a bonus turn to Grievous.

15. SumiXam

I'll give that a try. I have a horrible Magnaguard too, so that might work.

16. Electricboa

Yeah, I think the event might have broken me. I should be able to gte 7 stars, but my luck just isn't that good. Spy is probably a better choice, if you have him G12. I've gotten closer with Spy on T7 than with anyone else. The problem without Spy is you have to take out Padme quick enough that your team isn't mostly dead by the time she's gone. Spy seems to be the best solution for that. Load him up with crit damage and let Padme get as many buffs on her as possible. Under a Poggle lead and with offense up, Spy can take out Padme in one shot. It happens so early that Anakin hasn't had enough turns to soften up your team.

My issue is after Padme is gone. Poggle is useless for damage and Spy isn't that great unless the target has a ton of buffs. Without Padme, they really don't get that many. I just don't seem to have the damage or control to follow through. I'm thinking about taking out Sun Fac and using Grievous and Ventress. Maybe together they would have enough damage.

Edit:Mine at last! Mine at last! I don’t even know how many hours I’ve wasted on this horrible, horrible excuse for an event. I got desperate enough to gear Magnaguard to G9 and still couldn’t do it (goodbye Stun Gun and Cuff, I’ll miss you). Finally went back to the old Grievous lead and was able to get some key stuns at just the right points.

Oh, and f@#k CG. I’m going to go off in a corner and cry softly to myself for a while.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  17. Marc Tessier

Congrats @Electricboa

You deserve it based on time invested alone.

18. SumiXam

Well, I've been trying to get 6* Padme and the closest I've gotten is with an Asajj lead. I've gotten down to just Mace left once and just Mace and GK left a couple of times. I just don't know that I have the time, or patience, to grind this out before the event ends.

19. SumiXam

I finally cleared T6 of the event with Asajj (L), GG, B2, Magnaguard, Sun Fac. I dipped my toes into T7 and that for sure isn't happening this time around.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  20. Electricboa

T7 probably isn't worth it. We know the Seps are getting reworks. I imagine next time it'll be far easier when Dooku and the Geos are better. You could do it with what you have now, but it would be pure RNG.