1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Padme Amidala

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

https://swgoh.gg/characters/padme-amidala/

Well, we finally got to see what Padme’s kit is and I like it. I’m a little curious as to whether or not she’s really supposed to counter Revan/Malak, though. Making her immune to Fear seems to point that way, since no other faction uses Fear. And we finally get to see what the Republic gimmick is going to be: protection up. I kind of thought it was going that way when we saw the trio reworks and there were some hints of bonuses with protection up.

But now we see the leadership and it certainly looks strong. You figure the ideal is going to be using Padme, Anakin, Ahsoka, and GK on the same team and getting protection up and then converting it to Courage. And that’s going to fuel a lot of damage, since 5% protection up = 1 Courage. Assuming a full Republic team, Padme’s Cunning Plan should give a minimum of +50% protection up, giving everyone 10 Courage, which makes each of their next hits deal 80% of the target’s max health as damage. Not to mention it gets even higher if they had a ton of debuffs. Anakin’s AOE give +10% protection up and Ahsoka’s special gives +20%. GK will be taunting the entire time with his Zeta. Not to mention Padme’s unique.

On top of all that, we’re still 1 character short of a full Republic team. Sure, we have a lot of characters we could put in that spot, but no one dedicated. GM Yoda would probably still be better under Jedi Revan. C-3PO has protection up synergy. That could be brutal, actually. He gives +15% for each non-unique, non-protection buff. A Republic team would certainly get it and I’m pretty sure Translation isn’t unique (they have to be locked).

The more I think about it, this could end up being a really powerful team. C-3PO is amazing under CLS, but there are a lot of strong Rebels out there that could be substituted in and it would still be an amazing team. Putting C-3PO under Padme could be meta. And that’s before Anakin gets a Zeta.

I did end up taking Anakin to G12. Padme would need to be geared (she uses more of that new expensive gear) and Ahsoka would need work. Still, it might be a genuine Revan/Malak counter.

2. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Looks like it’s time to gear up some Separatists, the question is, which ones?

3. Electricboa

Ideally? The Sep Droids are the most powerful ones right now. But a lot of people, like me, have other Separatists already geared:

https://swgoh.gg/p/613136164/characters/?f=Separatist

Odds are, they designed the event with the droids in mind so it’s going to be like Chewie. The Sep droids will let you win most easily. Everyone else will be in RNG hell for hours. But I don’t have much choice. There’s no way to have the Droideka and B1 done in time and I already have a bunch of G12s.

4. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

We can see CG's overall vision for the Galactic Republic with Padme's kit. They'll be a genuine faction now and may end up with two good squads depending on the other reworks and new characters they have planned.

I like her kit. It should be fun. The best fifth for the squad may not have been revealed yet, but C-3P0 seems intriguing.

I'm hoping to unlock her at 5 stars, but anything beyond that will almost certainly have to wait until the event returns.

Carrie has also announced that Dooku and Nute Gunray will be getting reworks later this month. Dooku is all but guaranteed to get a good lead ability connected to Separatists. I've been holding off gearing Dooku (G10) to see which characters are most crucial to the Padme event, but now that he's getting a rework I feel much better about developing him further.

5. Electricboa

And it looks like Anakin is getting a nerf after all:

"Based on our findings, he is going to be even more powerful with Padmé, so we have restricted some of Anakin’s power to work only with Galactic Republic characters. You can read these specifics with his updated kit reveal which we’ll post shortly."

Unique: Righteous Fury FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.​

So CG lied, again, and is killing off the only real counter to Malak. They even went out of their way to edit their Q&A to state that Padme's Rpublic team is not supposed to counter Malak. It's only supposed to be on par with Jedi Revan and Darth Revan without Malak. So there goes what little hope there was. Even if Padme does beat Malak, they're probably going to nerf her because they just said she isn't supposed to beat Malak.

The one bright spot is CG got caught out on their lie about the new gear being there to help lessen the other high value stuff. So they're pretending Padme's current gear requirements are a mistake and may get changed.

This is why I can’t trust CG anymore. They say one thing and then change it a week later. They specifically made a post saying that Anakin was okay as-is so I took him to G12. Now, they’re nerfing him days later. I probably would have geared Anakin anyway, but that’s false advertising/bait and switch. How can I gear Padme knowing that they might decide to nerf her in a week? Not that it matters. Palpatine has been around for years and the second he countered the new PTW toy, he got his own nerf. Just look at Finn.

So nothing is safe and there’s no way to make an informed decision. I guess that’s one way to prevent too many people from getting characters like Darth Revan. Keep changing things so we have no idea what’s going on.

As to the Dooku and Gunray reworks, I already have Dooku to G12. I did that back when I didn’t need to gear anyone else and was working on the Sith Agent quest. Nute isn’t geared at all, though.

6. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

CG is really tanking in the PR department right now. Things like this will drive people away, but I guess as long as they can keep the krakens on the hook they'll ride this cash cow into the ground.

7. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

That’s how most of these mobile games operate

8. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

This one is pretty FTP friendly compared to others to be honest, but the devs have gotten worse with communication. They could alleviate most of the uproar in the community if they would just communicate clearly instead of telling us things and then back pedaling.

9. Marc Tessier

Below is the post from CG Erik. He clearly states, "we are continuing to consider some changes to ensure his performance under Padme meets our desired performance targets". So, while he did note that Anakin was working in-line with how they wanted, he left the window open for changes to Anakin based on how he'd interact with Padme.

I don't see how that's lying to anyone.

Hey Holotable Heroes,

I wanted to give a quick update on our announcement last Friday that we were looking into Anakin’s performance and whether or not he is too powerful, particularly where we want him to sit in the meta versus some specific teams like Darth Malak/Darth Revan. Our initial investigation has yielded the following results:

Since we released Jedi Knight Anakin’s rework, only 8,000 players have used Jedi Knight Anakin under a Jedi Knight Revan lead to fight against Darth Revan & Darth Malak. That represents less than 1% of the total battles fought by the entire community during this window. Of these battles, JKA is holding on defense approximately 20% of the time and is winning on offense around 50% of the time. This is completely in-line with how we would like two powerful squads to interact, given that we intend for Darth Malak to have a bit of an edge - but still possible for players to overcome.

Many players astutely noted that Anakin’s rework conspicuously did not include a zeta...which we have been saving for the release of Padme. So, while we are not planning on making any immediate changes due to the interaction with Darth Revan and Darth Malak, we are continuing to consider some changes to ensure his performance under Padme meets our desired performance targets. Some of the changes we are considering would make him synergize more specifically inside a Galactic Republic squad (as many players have suggested). Either way, we’ll continue to monitor these battles and reveal any changes prior to making them.

As we addressed on Friday, some of the recent releases have had issues, and as a result we are looking into opportunities to get more eyeballs, feedback, and testing on characters earlier in the process. As you may have already heard by now, we started a closed test beta with some members of the community last night -which is on-going. We will continue to investigate and expand this testing process as we find more opportunities to get feedback.

The last thing I’d like to mention here is that we’re going to start differentiating between different kinds of reworks to character kits in terms of how we message them to the community. A “rework” moving forward will refer to changes that have a major impact on a character’s kit. This could range from a fundamental change or shift in that character’s identity and how they fit into the game, to major stat changes, to new abilities.

Smaller scale changes like minor stat table adjustments, minor adjustments to abilities, additions for synergies etc. will be referred to as “tune ups” moving forward. The April 11th update to Bastila Shan is a good example of a tune up.

Keep an eye out for more announcements soon and thanks again for your patience!

Erik

10. Electricboa

"Of these battles, JKA is holding on defense approximately 20% of the time and is winning on offense around 50% of the time. This is completely in-line with how we would like two powerful squads to interact, given that we intend for Darth Malak to have a bit of an edge - but still possible for players to overcome."

Padme changes none of this. She would never be used in a Jedi Revan team, so nothing in her kit would affect them. And seeing as Anakin's nerf keeps him the same under a Padme lead, there was obviously nothing wrong with it.

"So, while we are not planning on making any immediate changes due to the interaction with Darth Revan and Darth Malak"

That was right before what you quoted. That was made on April 25th. Padme's kit was released 5 days later. Unless anyone is suggesting they created Padme from scratch in that time, they already knew what her kit was going to me. And yet they still nerfed Anakin. That makes it a lie, pure and simple.

11. Marc Tessier

Well, I'm not going to get into a war of words with you as I respect your opinion and enjoy your keen insight into the game.

All I'll say is that my big take away from Erik's post was that they reserved the right to make changes to Anakin at any time to ensure Malak was top dog. I figured it was 50-50 whether they kept Anakin as is or nerfed him.

12. Electricboa

My impression is this. They decided to nerf Anakin because, like you said, they want to make Malak an unbeatable PTW wall. But they knew it would look really bad after they had just nerfed Palpatine, so they lied and said they wouldn’t. They clearly said they had no plans to nerf him because he was functioning as intended. Unless something magical happened in those 5 days, they lied. And they knew they lied because they tried to bury it in the rest of the update. That’s why the initial huge post had two sentences about it that required you to go find the Anakin rework post to see what the changes were. They wouldn’t even put the link in their post to make it easier. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Then, the Content update post has a paragraph on Anakin where they talk all about the Zeta and his new synergy with Padme and his unique, but purposely leaves out the nerf. Instead, we get “We’ve also made a few other changes so head over to the latest Kit Reveal for final list of changes.” Again, trying to make it so people don’t actually realize that they’re nerfing him.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  13. Electricboa

Well, it looks like Anakin can still win on offense. I was able to beat our top arena whales with him, but it was a lot closer than it used to be. It might come down to mods. I had my best offense ones on Anakin. His non-crit was about 20k.

14. Marc Tessier

His healing immunity is huge for taking on Malak. I've really struggled today with JKR, Hoda, GMY, Bastila and Jolee. I could win with them close to 50% of the time, but today was getting my lunch handed to me over and over. I just replaced Bastila with Anakin and immediately won my first match.

The more I fight Malak, the more I dislike the character. He's a tank, attacker and support all rolled into one. Then went from power creep to power leap. To top it off, I'm only fighting 5-star versions of Malak right now. The 7-star version is going to be a nightmare.

So, I'm hoping Galactic Republic under Padme at 6 stars and G11 will be able to help. I've got her up to G9 right now, so it will stil be a while given the whale gears are expensive.

15. Electricboa

In a Jedi Revan team, Anakin's healing immunity doesn't matter as much. Once I have Malak alone, I don't think I've ever lost with Jedi Revan. He can control things well enough

I've fought a couple 7 star Malaks. The truth is he's not that different with the extra stars. More health, yes, but if you were able to beat the 5 star, then the same strategy will work for 7 star. I've got one guy in my arena who has a slower DR and Bastla, but with a G12 Malak. It's so wasy to ebat him with my own DR team, even without Malak.

I blew through my crystal hoard with the May 4th stuff. I bought all the special gear stuff and got pretty lucky overall. I got 50 on all but two of them. I also spent a ton in refreshes to get the most out of the double drops. I finished off Fisto, Embo, and Young Lando. Jango is only about 20 more shards from being finished, too. I'm kind of in the home stretch for farming. Aurra is my last Cantina farm and I'm working on her now. For fleet battles, only Anakin's fighter and B1 are left. With the reduced attempts, I can actually do both of them at the same time. My only hard nodes are Droideka, Emperor's Shuttle, and Sith Bomber.

But I went from close to 5k crystals to 1k. I also got some gear to get Juhani to G12. Mission and Zaalbar are in range of 17,500 GP. I'd just need to give them one Zeta each. That makes me ready for Malak next time. I'll still try to get them to G12 so I don't have to use the Zetas, but I have the option if I have to. Really, it wouldn't be a bad idea to just go for it. A Carth Old Republic team is pretty good and I've got most of them done. I'd need to do Ordo, but it's not too bad.

Of course, I could shift my focus to Republic. Even if I don't get Padme to 7 stars, I've got the rest of her team. Ahsoka is G10, but she's not too difficult to gear. I don't think I really need her right now, though. As long as I can win on offense in the arena, that's mostly what I care about. And since I'll be able to get Malak next time, I might want to just go for him. I've got some mods that would make him pretty strong, including a protection primary arrow with +20 speed secondary. That was a bad mod before, but with Malak it would be pretty nice to jack up his health and still keep most of the speed.

That's the thing, my mods are pretty good. I'm able to stay in the top 30 without any real trouble using a non-Malak DR team because my DR has 316 speed and Bastila is 296. That's still enough of a pain to fight that I get skipped often enough. I can also use this opportunity to save up some guild event currency for Malak. I had to spend a little on Grievous for Padme, but I'll still gather quite a bit over time.

16. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

So, I unlocked and 6* Padme this morning with my Geonosians, in the final battle, it's taking forever because of all the protection up granted when calling all the help on basic attacks, and then healing on top of that. May have to let it sit on auto until it hits perfectly to take them out. Did manage to get Anakin and Jedi Master Guardian taken out, but not Mace, Padme, or GK. Didn't loose any Geo's other than Brute, and he got re-summoned right away. May cycle in some different Seps to see if that helps.

One other question, I have enough Zetas for either Leader or Unique, thought's on which one to do first?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  17. Marc Tessier

Do you have B2 geared up? His AoE dispels buffs, plus his unique gives him a chance to attack when an ally takes damage.

18. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

When I got home from work, gave it another shot, and finished it with straight up Geos, just took some lucky RNG to first take out JM Guardian and then Padme and then they all fell easily after that. The funny thing is waiting for that one perfect shot when your target didn't have any Protection Up and an attacker crit hard to basically one shot them. Sun Fac went down, but that was because he had a taunt up, otherwise they all powered through without a hitch. Spy was my only G12, everyone else G11, and just let it run on auto.

19. Marc Tessier

Awesome! Congrats!

20. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I found it extremely easy with GG and sep droids. I was worried about B1's assists giving a lot of protection up, but that was never an issue. It took less than 5 minutes each for 6* and 7*. I also didn't move mods around. Granted my droids are all G12 with GG at G13.