1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Overmatched in GAC

Discussion in 'Battle Advice' started by Themistocles, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

No, he's saying that he can hit hard enough to 100-0 Nest with low or no protection.

Themistocles likes this.
  2. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Member

If you can time it right, GMY's big hit should take Nest out, or at least do a lot of damage. Ideally, GMY will take his turn right after Nest takes her turn. That way Nest's bonus protection expires right before GMY can use his big hit.

3. Themistocles

Themistocles Active Member

Ok thanks for the input guys. I also did a little switcheroo and I decided to gamble with my defense and swap around my typical BH 3-man lineup. I'm going to have Bossk - Dengar (I've seen videos where his thermal dets can do a massive chunk on Enfys) - and a G8 Mando.

I'm gonna throw spaghetti at this wall and see what sticks.

4. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

In other news, I kinda sorta forgot to join this round. I guess it's GAC vacation week for me!

5. Themistocles

YOU CURMUDGEON

6. Themistocles

Hmm the person put Enfys alongside Nute and Dooku on defense. I think this complicates things some what. I was hoping to clear out Enfys' allies first, but obviously I can't do that with Nute can I?

7. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

just have to catch them out of stealth or have a dispeller. Otherwise you'll just be stuck focusing on Nest forever. incidentally, vader works really well against both since he can stack up dots on Nest and kill her with a well timed saber throw. And when you use his merciless ability, it dispels stealth

8. Themistocles

Alas I do not have the No Escape zeta to knock out the stealth :( I also think I have to save my Thrawn/Vader team for the double zeta GBA that I firmly believe is hiding in the back wall as of right now.

Still think I can do this with my JKR/GMY/Jolee squad?

9. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

it's gonna be tough without being able to dispel the stealth from dooku and nute

10. Themistocles

Uh oh. Bossk-Dengar-Mando time for a hope and prayer?

Unfortunately his Dooku and Nest are faster than my Bossk which is unusual for me, and so I'm afraid they're going to zap Mando before I can get my taunt off.

11. Themistocles

Cleared Nest with JKR no leadership Zeta. I went after Dooku hard, then just kept whacking Nute into submission twice. Then followed the most sphincter puckering grand arena battle where Nest wiped out JKR and GMY, Big Balls Jolee revived everybody and I direct focused Nest into the ether with all of my guys hanging on in the yellow or red zone of health.

Unnnnnnfortunately I won the battle but lost the whole war as I overcommitted on defense and I was one team short of a full clear. I think my lesson learned here is - if the opponent has no SWGOH.GG history, play it safe and make sure I have at least 1 viable attack squad for every node instead of going short on offense.

12. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Looks like I’m a bit late. That Nute/Dooku,/Nest team is a bit tough. I use it myself on defense. The vast majority of the time, I end up using Nihilus against any Nest teams.

If I’m feeling really cheesy and don’t want to use Nihilus, it’s possible to use a Palpatine-led Sith/Empire team with Sith Assassin to do it. Basically, control Nest with stun, while you deal with everyone else. Then, hit her with Assassin while she’s under stealth and she does direct damage to health. Not a great option, since Sith Assassin doesn’t have a ton of use anymore. Though overall, Sith are probably my most versatile faction. Just about everyone else is locked into standard combos or team, but Sith can be mixed and matched in so many ways that you can counter co much.

I have used JKR before and it definitely works. I tend to favor using JKR against other teams, so it really only happens if I end up not using JKR elsewhere and Nest is all that’s left.

A lot depends on the team Nest is in. Nute is very common, but I’ve seen her with BH, Qi’ra Scoundrels, and even Old Republic. In TW, Nest even ends up in CLS defense teams sometimes. That’s not really worth it for GAC, though.

There are probably other teams that can do it. The only thing that you need to avoid is TM removal. That will ruin you against Nest. It’s possible to beat a Nest team with CLS, but it takes a lot of strategy because you need to keep the rest of the team alive long enough to take Nest out. If you kill everyone else too quickly, you end up against Nest alone and that’s a time-out. I also had that happen with my JTR team because I had forgotten Vet Han applies stagger on his basic.

Themistocles likes this.
  13. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I just mean Yoda would also be able to take out Nest.

14. Themistocles

Yikes - crowdsourcing opinions. My opponent went for the front wall block with his Padme relic squad. If I can break through here I've probably got the win. I'm staring at a zzPadme R2, zJKA R6, zAhsoka R2, G11 zGK, and G12 Fives. Padme at 296 and JKA at 276 have a significant speed advantage to my 2 fastest toons GMY at 256 and Vader at 245 (after bonus).

I've got only 2 possible squads remotely capable of matching at this level:

1) G12s: zzzJKR, Bastila, zGMY, zJolee, G10 Ezra
    2) G11 zPalp, G12 zVader, G12 Fallen B, G11 Thrawn, G10.5 Moff

I've never really had to fight Padme teams ...weren't they built to stop JKR teams?

15. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

JKR is still a counter to Padme, but it's tricky to pull off. I would recommend checking some youtube videos for that counter. Palpatine is tough to work with because Padme makes her buddies immune to debuffs while they have protection up (which she will give at the start of the battle). You can do it with a DR team, but you need him to be able to clear their buffs with Fear and control the battle until you can take out Padme.

16. Themistocles

Dumb Q, but when you go up against a Geo squad with a disparity in gear levels: GBA is R2, Poggle G12, Spy G11, Geo Soldier G11, Sun Fac G9...should I go after say the weaker Spy first to get him out?

I normally use my zG12 Vader against Geos, but with a thicker GBA, I don't think I can get GBA down in the 1st wave of Merciless Massacre. So should I take out the next most threatening Geo first?

17. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

If you can catch him out and one shot spy, sure. But first priority first is taking out gba in almost every case. That completely destroys the team. And honestly, a low gear spy doesnt scare me enough to target him first

Themistocles likes this.