1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Omega

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

[​IMG]

UNIT NAME: Omega
    ALIGNMENT: Light Side
    CATEGORIES: Attacker, Bad Batch, Clone Trooper
    Clever and empathetic attacker who utilizes buffs, debuffs, and the presence of her Bad Batch allies to take out her foes.

------

ABILITIES:

Basic: DISARMING SHOT

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Omega has Evasion Up, inflict Blind and Daze for 1 turn.

If Omega has a buff that can be dispelled and it's her turn, she deals damage again dealing 50% less damage.

Special 1: ADAPTIVE LEARNER (Cooldown 3)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage and inflict target enemy with Zeroed In. Dispel Zeroed In from all other enemies and Omega gains a stack of Target Practice. These effects can't be copied, dispelled, prevented, or resisted and last until the end of the encounter, Zeroed In is removed from an enemy, or Omega is defeated

If the target enemy is Exposed, this attack inflicts Target Lock for 2 turns and removes 10% Turn Meter.

Zeroed In: Omega has Target Practice while a character is afflicted by this; Omega can ignore Taunt to target this enemy

Target Practice: +5% Critical Chance, and Offense, and +10% Critical Damage per stack

Special 2: EMPATHY FIRST (Cooldown 4)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Omega dispels all debuffs on herself and gains Stealth for 2 turns. Bad Batch allies gain Protection Up (40%) and Defense Penetration Up for 2 turns and 10% Turn Meter.

If Omega has Critical Chance Up, Bad Batch allies gain an additional 20% Turn Meter, and Protection Over Time (20%) for 2 turns.

If Omega already had Stealth and an enemy has Zeroed In, she gains a stack of Target Practice.

Unique: PART OF THE SQUAD

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of the encounter, if all allies are Bad Batch, whenever the allied leader begins their turn, Omega gains +5 Speed, and +2% Offense (stacking, maximum 50 Speed and 20% Offense) for the rest of the encounter.

While Omega has Stealth, she has +10% Critical Damage, and when another Bad Batch ally uses a Special ability, Omega assists dealing 60% less damage. While Omega has Defense Up, she has +10% Critical Chance.

Omega's attacks deal 5% more damage for each buff she has, and 5% more damage for each debuff the enemy has

2. Electricboa

Does that art look a little off to anyone else?

[​IMG]

3. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Yeah the art's pretty subpar. It feels like reading the kit, CG had a kit ready for Crosshair because so much of it feels like a sniper's kit - single target attack. From a show-lore perspective, Omega seems like she should be more of a support character.

jwall157 likes this.
  4. Electricboa

I didn’t think about it, but it really does sound more like a kit for Crosshair. It is possible that they didn’t know that Crosshair was going to be a villain. All the promotional stuff I saw made it seem like he was going to be part of the team. Obviously, there’s a lot of episodes left and I assume they’re going to get him back with the team, but CG might have decided they couldn’t wait and just made it Omega to release now.

5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I agree this kit was originally intended for Crosshair. CG may have started working on it after Clone Force 99 was introduced in the final season of The Clone Wars and before they knew BB was getting their own show with Crosshair joining the Empire.

Omega should be a support character.

I guess the big question now is will this complete Bad Batch squad be needed for a legendary at some point?

We are overdue for some dark side characters, too. The last 7 new characters have all been light side -- 5 BB, JMK and CAT.

6. Electricboa

My guess is they will be needed for something. There’s no way CG passes up the opportunity to force people to gear Bad Batch. Because right now, I’m not sure how many people will actually do it. What do they really bring to the table?

CG said they’re going to change the KAM mission so you can use Bad Batch. I think they said they were removing the ARC requirement, but I’m not sure about Shaak Ti. Either way, I’m very skeptical of that prompting people to go for them. 501st might not be a guaranteed win, but it’s pretty good. The strategies are commonplace and you also get a team for GAS on top.

Even if Bad Batch is better (and I assume they will be, since GAS is the better 501st leader and we can’t use him here), people who are doing LS Geo likely are already work on or have 501st. I can’t imagine people are just going to abandon that to chase a new team.

Even for regular CMs, there’s not a ton of incentive when you can go for any of the LS GLs and get a team that can 4/4 CMs. JML get you two teams with Jedi and Rebels. You can use almost anything with Rey and she works. JMK is going to be the MVP of the whole thing. Compare that to Bad Batch, which seems like a good team, and I’m not sure who would pick them over a GL.

So I’m figuring that they’re not going to get geared all that much, which will make them a prime target for some kind of event. My original thought was we’d get Crosshair and then the event character would be Omega. It’s possible that will get reversed.

We don’t know how the TV series is going to end, but my money is on something like this. Bad Batch eventually capture and deprogram Crosshair. Then, as a full team, they go about their way. That gets the attention of the Empire and instead of sending more Clones, Vader gets involved because of the danger of a rogue clone team.

As some content, in the original Star Wars canon—the Expanded Universe/Legends—there’s a novel called Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. In it, a group of clones refuse Order 66. In the original canon, Order 66 did not use chips, which are very problematic. Clone were originally bred to follow orders. Order 66 was one of many known command orders that everyone knew about. There was also an order that called for the arrest of the Chancellor by force. No one thought Palpatine would use Order 66 like he did. But a group of clones refuse and Vader is sent to personally find out why and executes the team.

So the climax will be Vader hunting them down. Bad Batch goes out in a blaze of glory, likely protecting Omega so she can escape. Maybe for a cameo on the Book of Boba Fett. It’s possible that they could drag it out. So the Crosshair redemption happens at the end of season 1 and Vader shows up in the next season or at the end of however many they plan to do.

Either way, if Vader is the one to come in and kill off the Bad Batch, then I could see them be required for him as a GL.

I am also figuring we might get a Chancellor Palpatine character for Lord Vader. I could imagine a lot of interesting things they could do with him. Maybe have a dual kit. At the beginning of the match, you pick Republic or Separatist and that determines what kit the Chancellor has. As a Republic unit, he’d be like Wat, never attacking but giving his allies buffs. Maybe instead of tech, he gets decrees. As a Separatist unit, we get Palpatine from his duel with Mace. He’s an attacker.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  7. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

Agreed. I mean, have we ever really seen Omega do anything with that bow?

8. Marc Tessier

Combine that with the amount of gear the whole squad needs and you're probably right. They need 400 kyros each, so 2,000 total to take the whole squad to G13. My original enthusiasm for these characters has been snuffed out thinking about all that gear.

9. Electricboa

It’s a catch-22 for them. The people who most have the ability to gear Bad Batch are probably the least likely to want to gear them. Gearing a whole team from scratch is never fun, and then you always have to have in mind that CG can just come out with the next GL or big character and you’ve just used all your resources on a team that may or may not be needed for it.

But they come out with all these characters to tie-in with a show like the Mandalorian or Bad Batch to try and attract new people to the game, but then they make it so those new people have basically no hope to actually get those characters in any reasonable amount of time. I mean Beskar Mando seemed like it was the right direction and then they require 600 Kyrotech

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  10. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Seeing their combined kits on paper and watching their feats in YT vids, I want them so bad. But to @Marc Tessier's point, I think the SLKR prereqs required something like 1800 Kyros. I'm at the point in my account where I would much rather have a GL for 2K Kyros than an admittedly top-3 non-GL team.

Maybe if I get to the point where I have also acquired JMK, JML, and Lord Vader in addition to my SLKR and SEE and if none of the future GLs tantalize me, then I might come back to this team. If I have to choose between doing Bad Batch or Rey for 2K Kyros, its not even a contest, it's going to be Bad Batch all day. Never Rey!

11. Electricboa

I wouldn’t put Bad Batch in the top 3 or top 5. Maybe top 10 non-GLs. You figure arena is pretty much moot, if you have a GL. Geo TB is where Bad Batch would shine most. They have the Republic tag, so they qualify for those restricted missions. But 501st already does KAM pretty well and you get a GAS team on top.

But when you look at their gear and see all the Kyrotech needed, it really does put some of the GLs in perspective. And even if you do need more for JML or JMK, you’re getting a lot more with them. It’s kind of like GAS vs SLKR. Yes, you need a little more for Kylo, but the team does so much more.

For GAC, we don’t have any data on the team with Omega. But you look at the counters on swgohgg, Bad Batch with a random 5th gets leveled by Geos, Troopers, Rebels, and 501st. On offense, you would likely do a lot better, but it’s probably a solid A- or B+ team. I don’t think I would rank it in the top 5 non-GL teams, but maybe top 10 because of the sustainability. You figure with GAS, Rebels, JKL, Padme, DR, Geos, Troopers, Grievous, etc. top 5 is a tall order. If I had to give a ranking, I’d probably say:

1. GAS
    2. Rebels
    3. JKL
    4. Padme
    5. Troopers

JKL might not entirely be fair because you don’t often use him as a leader outside of Geo TB. You normally have him because you’re going for or got JML and he’s almost always going to be used under JML. If you take JKL out, I’d probably put DR as the 5th spot. With CAT, Padme might jump up in that ranking quite a bit.

Themistocles likes this.
  12. Marc Tessier

10h 23m until Conquest ends!

I want CAT. Will be gearing her up tomorrow morning. Woo hoo!

Themistocles likes this.