1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

New Sith Meta

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by flair, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I generally find that you mainly have to keep track of a few key purple gear and raid gear. For purple gear, it's pretty much Carbantis, Stun Cuffs, Stun Guns, Thermal Detonators, and Holoprojectors. Whenever I'm looking at what I'll need for a character, that's what I mainly focus on. Outside of raid gear, those 5 are the main road blocks. Once you get to G11, you add some gold stuff and more rare pieces, but I usually only worry about gearing to G11 for most characters. Outside of that, you probably have everything you need, or can fairly easily farm it.

2. flair

flair Member

I will probably run EP, Vader, Thrawn, DN and GK once I get 7 missing shards

what do I have to know? what mods to use on whom? is the setup optimal? originally I intended to run Sion but he's underwhelming right now

edit: what mod sets are viable? is offense any good? heard somewhere it's good for EP
    I'm not that much into mods, I go for speed above anyone else but only CLS has a full set right now

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  3. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

That's the team I usually run. Generally speaking speed is king, usually on those teams the fastest Vader wins. Bear in mind that if you're facing a matching team that has a sith/empire in place of GK their Vader will have an additional 16 speed over yours. In those case I put raid han on my team in place of DN or GK to stun the enemy Vader so that I can get the TM rolling first.

Potency is good on EP, Vader and DN as you want your debuffs to land. Protection on GK. Speed takes precedence over all of this.

In terms of sets, I use offense on EP as I don't have enough good speed sets to go around. I have a CD/CC set on Vader.

4. flair

flair Member

why does the fastest Vader win? it's not the first time I read this

what's the mechanics behind this team really

5. Electricboa

Vader does his AOE and gets 100% TM from Palpatine's leadership. He uses Culling Blade on someone with debuffs and that boosts the TM of the rest of the team. Essentially, the fastest Vader lets his whole team go before the other one.

6. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Exactly as @Electricboa says. If you get good RNG with Palpatines stun you can wipe out an entire team without them ever taking a turn. Every expired stun is also an extra 5% tm for everyone on your team (except GK), I also use Thrawn to give Palpatine TM to start applying shock, blocking taunts and their TM and also boosting my Palpatine even more.

7. flair

flair Member

thanks to my guildmates I got seven shards I needed to activate GK (they worked together so I could keep #3 spot, btw I finally solo'd P1)
    God, he's a gear bloodsucker, what a greedy bastard - I didn't spend almost any gear for the last two weeks and still I can't even get that fuck to G7

Kevthejedi likes this.
  8. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Congrats on getting him! I think I geared him to 10 or 11 on unlock, was saving up his gear for 2-3 months. Worth it though, he's been in my arena team since I got him.

9. flair

flair Member

right after unlocking I hit the first obstacle in form of being 40 holo projectors short (ironically I'd used 20 to gear up JTR so I could post a good score so in turn I could unlock GK), luckily for me I was able to by 30 of them from the stores so jumped one gear level and then another

and this time I hit a wall of carbantis, I've already invested a hundred in him and all of a sudden he recalled that he needed another two hundred for one gear level

cheap move, general, cheap move

10. flair

flair Member

my brand new team yesterday stepped into the arena
    EP G12, two zetas, two post-G12 pieces of gear
    Vader G12
    Thrawn G12
    DN 6* G11
    GK 5* G11, one piece from G12, but two more stars required and a few times he dropped like Humpty Dumpty and in one battle he did absolutely nothing other than dying

I had some issues with dealing with teams I could beat easily before (it took a long time though, breaking through that Chaze and R2) but now I can maneuver better, now I think I can enter top 20 with Vader's speed 222 (I've seen better but no luck with speed secondaries lately) but my GK is a major weakness, I think

11. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Congrats on making the switch!
    GK seems like a weakness because he's not getting a turn himself, but he's keeping the fire off of the rest of your squad, and giving crit immunity while he's still alive. His protection levels get a good boost with the last 2 stars as well so he will get stronger.

12. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

GK will soak up more damage with protection primary mods, getting him to 7 stars and G12. Some battles he doesn't do much other than absorb blows while the rest of your squad works its magic. I like having a fast Thrawn so I can swap TM with GK, allowing him to do his mass assist attack. Thrawn usually goes shortly after and I can then Fracture someone.

Kevthejedi likes this.
  13. Marc Tessier

Here's my maxed GK's stats for your reference:

Health: 36.2k
    Protection: 60.3k
    Speed: 208

At one point I had his protection at 81k, but that was when I was running a Titans squad. I have sacrificed some protection to keep his speed half decent.

14. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Mine has the 81k protection from 3 protection primaries (Circle, Cross, Triangle)

Health: 31.5k
    Protection: 81.9k
    Speed: 214

15. Marc Tessier

I have health primaries on the circle and triangle, which explains the difference. GK got shafted when I decided to speed up Thrawn, who now has GK's previous mods.

16. flair

flair Member

my GK looks like this: https://swgoh.gg/u/freebooter/collection/213/general-kenobi/
    decent speed (193), protection average (51k) and tenacity 46, I think it's not that bad right now (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) but the major issue is his star count which: makes me more vulnerable in the eyes of others and strips me of some very precious protection

I usually (well, it's the second day, so "usually" is a big word, I'm still tinkering) go like this:
    Vader: AoE and Culling Blade on a crucial opposition toon / the one with most debuffs
    Thrawn: swap with GK
    GK: mass attack on the top priority enemy
    EP: Stun
    Thrawn: Fracture
    the order might be messed up and it gets confusing with all the TM manipulation so it may take a while to smooth that up, twice I used Fracture instead of Swap and it's much better to push GK into the line, letting him gather everybody on the team to rain on some pathetic fool - most of times GK is stunned or ABlocked so not very useful, Swap enables to correct that
    DN either uses AoE or quickly removes taunt
    apart from speeding GK in the beginning, I swap TM with EP so I can use another stun, which is OP, to be honest

17. flair

flair Member

https://swgoh.gg/u/freebooter/

what do you think of my squad? where to go next? I got two missing pieces for DN (10 carbantis more for one of them), the rest is either post-G12 or blocked until they reach 7*

are they modded properly? what should I focus on or what to avoid?
    my next Zeta will probably go to DN, as it is more important than Vader's but apart from that - I'm clueless

18. Electricboa

The mods look good to me. The next step would either be Sion or starting to work on Jedi Rey and BB-8

19. flair

flair Member

what, so you're saying my work here is done?
    I feel like I still have a way to go to be able to beat others - but other than farming DN and completing hAAT for GK and farming mods for speed I hit the wall
    post-G12 for them is rather crappy, EP got his +6250 health boost, but the rest is subpar

20. Electricboa

Well, G12 will be a goal down the road, but you can't really do much about that right now. Mod-wise, it looks like you've got a handle on distribution of speed secondaries. Vader is pretty fast. The only thing there would be farming for more mods. All of Vader's G12 gear is a little useful, since it boosts his ship. Palpatine's last piece is also decent, since Intelligence increases Special Damage and all of his attacks are special (even basic).

But outside of that? You don't have much you can do. Sion would replace GK and increase Vader's speed in the process.