1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Need guidance

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by beck4353, Feb 10, 2021.

1. beck4353

beck4353 Member

Thanks for the edit. I was confused for a minute but that cleared it up.

jwall157 likes this.
  2. Laze

Laze Member

Pretty much everything you said here is spot on, but I would consider the 2nd zeta (on Bossk’s unique) as a luxury early on. It has very little impact on ship stats, and my single zeta g12 Bossk has been enough to carry me to 7* Chewy with a pretty low gear BH team.

3. Themistocles

Themistocles Active Member

Depends on how vicious your fleet shard is I would say. Of my two kids, one's is laid back and most folks in the 11-20 don't know what they're doing. My other kid's shard though? My goodness its rough and the top 25 are pretty dead even. The extra 2 (or is it 3) speed sounds insignificant, but if it means that her ship can get to Bossk's basic faster and cleanse the debuff (like a healing immunity, buff immunity, defense down, or a breech are my dreaded 4), it could mean the difference between a win or a loss on her arena climb.

4. Laze

Laze Member

It’s actually 0 or 1 speed, depending how close you are to the next speed bump. It has about the same effect as a single g12 gear piece, and less effect than promoting 2 mods from 5->6*. Sure every little bit helps, but it’s a very expensive way to get a very small bump in ship stats.

Edit:

If you haven’t seen it, this spreadsheet will tell you exactly how ship stats are affected by various upgrades. Very useful when optimizing your fleet for high end arena.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xh-bfiA1TUfKL29y41o3KjHTPTQgiY0J-Lnsx2yGtjo/htmlview

5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Sent you an invite.

6. beck4353

beck4353 Member

Got it, thank you

Marc Tessier likes this.
  7. beck4353

beck4353 Member

I'm now on my 6th day. LVL 41, #165 in Squad Arena (for now). I'm making some good progress to unlock my future squad, I just got Nute this morning. I unlocked GW yesterday, won 5 fights before getting stuck on a LVL 42 fight.

I'm keeping on my farming plan. Dooku + Gear only only on LS/DS, Magna only on Cantina. Buying Ashoka in Cantina and Nute in Squad stores. I plan on spending GW Tokens on Poggle once I have enough.

I'm looking for some advice on 2 things. My Squad Arena lineup and battle tips for Nute. This extortion/profit thing is new to me.

Here's my roster, all LVL 41:

Geo Soldier 4* G5
    Ashoka 4* G5
    Magna 3* G5
    Nute 4* G3
    Jedi Consular 4* G4
    Farmboy Luke 3* G4
    Clone Chewie 3* G3
    Clone Sergeant 1* G4

I plan to use Nute(L), Geo Soldier, Ashoka, Magna and Consular or Luke

Does that look good?

8. Themistocles

I would say at lower levels Dooku is the better lead when you get him, because under his lead, after you get enemies below 100% health they get healing immunity on them which makes it easier for them to kill. This comes in very handy against Phoenix teams at low levels, who have annoying health/pro regen that is hard to chew through until you get access to better damage.

When Nute hits...level 70 I want to say, then the equation flips. Because at that point you can put an omega on his leadership, and should be the very first omega you apply on any character. When you do that, his leadership allows you to spread extortion like wildfire. If you pay attention to mods and keep putting any source of speed on your characters (when you hit level 50+), the extortion spread will pretty much slow the other team to a crawl while you get multiple rounds of attacks in. This was how our mish-mash Sep squads, even at G8, were able to clear GW campaigns against G10 teams which were horrifically modded (or not in many cases).

9. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

This^^^

10. beck4353

beck4353 Member

Hi again, here's a quick update of where I am and a couple questions for you.

Level 55, Squad Arena rank #383.

Nute 7* G7 (Easy farm)
    Poggle 6* G7 (Using my GW tokens on him, should be 7* in a 3-4 days)
    Geo Soldier 5* G7 (Slow farm, drop rate on Cantina battles is low)
    Sun Fac 3* G6 - (Slow farm, rarely comes up in the Guild store - 2600 tokens waiting for when he does)
    Geo Spy 4* G4 - (not farming right now, farming Soldier)
    Ashoka 5* G7 - (using all my Cantina tokens on her)
    Dooku 4* G7 - (Drop rate on DS/LS battles is low)
    Magna 4* G6 - (I don't really use him, not farming or gearing)

I'm finding my most effective team in both Suad Arena and GW is CD(L), Nute, Ashoka, Soldier, Poggle

Question 1:
    I always lose if I use CD + 4 Geos. Do you think that's because I am not geared up on my other geos yet? Should I change my farming strategy?

Question 2:
    What should I farm with Squad Arena Tokens? Nute is maxed.

Question 3:
    What should I farm with GW after Poggle is done?

Thanks again for any insight

11. Themistocles

1) Where are you losing? Squad Arena? Galactic War? To what types of squads are you losing? Scanning your Geos, they'll get tougher as you star them and slap more gear on them. (Especially Spy, he's going to be an early damage dealer for you)

2) Moff Tarkin to bolster your fleet. Hopefully you're going Executrix. A Moff Tarkin/Executrix "Bugs" fleet sets you up nicely for early fleet arena relevancy.

3) Always have at least 400 GW tokens handy. When you hit 60 and unlock fleets, if a Geo ship pops in there, snag it with the surplus. Otherwise you're going to want to knock out Zeb for the eventual Phoenix squad --> Thrawn/Palp unlock and if you need a Bounty Hunter 5th you can do Cad Bane in case you don't get Greef Carga (BH are important in the early game as Bossk/Jango farming gives you Houndstooth, an incredibly important ship and because a G8 BH squad gives you access to credit heist every 2 weeks, and you'll need the credits)

12. beck4353

beck4353 Member

Thanks for the advice. Very useful information - I started buying Tarkin last night.

For #1, I have completed only 3 full GW tables and usually get stuck somewhere along the way. I'm attaching my latest roadblock on fight #6. For Squad arena, I am generally beating Phoenix teams 1-2 levels below me unless they're 7* in which case I lose.

55438.jpg

13. Themistocles

Keep starring and gearing up the Geos (esp Spy) and you'll be fine. Dooku is your leader for now until Nute hits level 70 and you can throw an omega on his leadership. Then you use Nute.

Dooku and Nute at gear 8 is fine, but keep feeding gear to your Geos as hard as you can until they all hit G12 and you are marketable to a guild that's doing all heroic level raids plus Geo DS at a minimum.

Don't neglect mods. If you haven't been farming mods and applying as much speed as you can - even at these early levels, GW will be difficult. From what I remember of my kids' GW campaigns early on, it was not that difficult and we were still getting full clears because we were treating mods like endgame players and hunting for max speed secondary stats (using mostly health set mods to start with to keep their characters thicker until we could unlock the proper 5-dot mod challenge equivalents for other mod types)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  14. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Geos aren’t really going to shine until you get Geo Brood Alpha. Until then, they’re more placeholders. You get good ships out of them and they stand in for Separatists until you can trade them out for better ones. Getting a Nute lead should help a lot. Dooku is not the best Separatist leader. He’s much better in a support role. But Geos will become great under GBA when you get him. So it’s still worth gearing them for the near future.

15. Themistocles

Agree with Electricboa's assessment, @beck4353 just one thing to clarify that you may be confused by. The reason why Dooku's leadership works for now with your Geos at your current level of sub-70 is because he will apply healing immunity on characters that dip below 100% health. I bet you're still seeing teams in GW without protection, or maybe minimal protection? This is useful when tunnelling down Phoenix teams who have an annoying amount of health and protection recovery. But yeah as soon as Nute's omega leadership comes online at level 70, it's so much better than Dooku's, not even close.

16. beck4353

beck4353 Member

Thank you both!

17. beck4353

beck4353 Member

I reached LVL 60 last night and started on Fleet. I can see how this could be a good source of resources, so I want to get this right.

I've dropped below 500 in Squad arena now as more whales have risen. I am going to still work on squads but want to solidify my place in Fleet Arena. I'm currently #191 and should be able to get into the top 100 in the next couple days.

I'm having some issues on what to farm now. I have Geo Soldier, Nute and Poggle all 7*. Ashoka will be in the next 2-3 days. SunFac and Dooku are 5* and Spy 4*. I'll keep farming those as much as possible to get to 7*.

High-level, should I be farming to help my Fleet now, or build up a second squad such as BH or Phoenix? In particular, I don't know what to buy in the Guild Store (Starck? FO SF Tie?) and GW Store (Zeb? Cad Bane?). I'm going to keep farming Tarkin in the Squad Arena store for now.

For Fleet Arena Store, I plan on concentrating on the 3 geo ships when available as well as TIE Advancedx1. Seem right?

18. Themistocles

Fleet is absolutely the right choice of focus for a FTP player.

The answer to your question is kinda both.

1) The very SECOND you can access the Jango and then the Bossk node, you hard charge those nodes, spending the crystal refresh. Having a decent HT this early immediately vaults you to near the top of the fleet rankings.

2) Your target for Bossk is G12, full stop. Zeta. Boba should be G8. His ship, Slave 1 - don't over invest in terms of ability materials (no ship omegas) but having a levelled Slave 1 helps with the Tarkin Zeta fleet challenge which should be your priority #1. Long term though, you'll never use Slave 1 much again once you unlock this.

But the offshoot of this is that you're going to have a G8 BH squad (with G12 Bossk) that can get you through credit heist which is another urgent early account mission. My kids did farm Dengar out of the guild store - he's worth it for the Chewie event, and we did slowly farm Greef. Greef jacks up the BH squad so much and has a great kit. He's going to make the Chewie event easier someday.

3) Geo ships should be the target with GW store (once you farm Zeb out of that store) and your targets at the fleet arena store when they show up. You could also use fleet arena store for Sun Fac shards since he's so hard to get. Full ship omegas on all 3 Geo ships. Max them out.

4) Tarkin I would say to G12. He helps out in your early Empire squad, but more importantly, having the first turn in the fleet is a huge help.

jwall157 likes this.
  19. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

20. beck4353

beck4353 Member

Ok thanks. Bossk is a level 9 node so that’s still a ways off for me.

I already started buying sun fac with the fleet store when I saw him.

so it seems like BH is my next squad to target. What am I getting Zeb for? Do I need to build Phoenix as well? If so, is that before BH?