1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

My Kids' Thread

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Themistocles, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Themistocles

Themistocles Active Member

That's the current plan. Luckily my son is super excited about the prospect of a full scale Geo squad and is willing to delay gratification to have a full on proper squad.

2. Themistocles

So a bit of a shocking discovery...but nobody cares about ships on my kids' newer shard. I mean my kid leveled to 60, levelled up some ships...and immediately fought his way to rank 77 in one day.

The ramifications are deep when I think about their future levelling plans. Currently their 2 regular energy farms a day are going to Count Dooku (they only have access to level 6 on the campaigns so far).

So as a recap, their current focus is a Geo squad (including GBA), then a Padme squad (sans GK). In my head I was thinking after Padme that they should go and get Phoenix, get Thrawn and Palp and get an Empire squad going since Vader's so good nowadays.

But then this startling fleet ranking came about and has me thinking...maybe I should take that campaign energy and shove it towards Bossk and Jango and getting Houndstooth. If they've got Houndstooth and 3 well stocked Geo ships, they might very well break rank 50 given the current state of affairs in this shard, and the rewards would be tremendous. If I went that route though, I should obviously get them going towards the other bounty hunters and at least get a squad together that can do some work in credit heist.

Thoughts? Is this an overreaction to two days worth of fleet rankings?

Skywlkr76 likes this.
  3. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I mean, that's pretty great. I would take a look at the top 50 for the shard to see what is being run at the top. Likely there are a handful of whales already on the shard, but it will help inform whether or not they will be able to sustain top 50 while also giving you a good idea of what types of fleets they will be encountering. Those two things should help make that decision for you. The bonus crystals from top 50 will help tremendously though.

4. Themistocles

It's amazing. It looks wide open to me. Up at the top, we've got 3-4 star Endurance/Executrix with ships that are still your standard run of the mill JC starfighters, Tie Fighters, Geos, etc. At the 50ish mark we've got 1-2 star Endurance/Executrix with more of the same. Different ships you see are the Tie Silences and IG2000s but they are outliers.

Seriously considering having them go Bossk/Jango node farming for Bossk's HT as soon as we access it.

5. jwall157

jwall157 New Member

I think that would be a great idea. Although, you’ll need to be level 85 to get bossy, which is still a good while away from 60. Have them be buying Geo ships from fleet store as often as possible. (or whatever ships they’re using, I think you said they’re using Geos in fleet). This is a great opportunity. I regret not putting work into ships earlier, I really only started working on ships around level 70, and it’s really hard catching up, im stick over 200 right now.

Themistocles likes this.
  6. Themistocles

So this is a related question to my main question. They're both done 7 starring Poggle in GW store.

Under "normal" circumstances I'd have them do Zeb next......but since there's this opportunity in fleet, I'm thinking about having them hold their currency for when they see Geo ships in GW store and then when they are finished there, we could then swing back and get Cad Bane for another DS pilot and future BH team member. (Or should I get Zeb at that point)

Slightly torn as to what to do here, the Phoenix crew does have good early game ships, but it feels like I at least should push their 3 Geo ships to the limit.

7. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

The Geo ships show up fairly frequently, so it's not much of a risk

Themistocles likes this.
  8. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

People get put in fleet shards as they level up, so it’s very possible to get into an arena that has a bunch of people that haven’t even bothered with ships. That can make it easy climbing for anyone that has a plan and knows what they’re doing. Over time, you’ll see more people start to work on ships and rise to the top, but if you get out ahead of them, that can be very beneficial. If they can actually get crystals from there, it will be a game changer.

Since they’re going to be gearing Geos anyway, then I would go ahead and focus on the ships.

Themistocles likes this.
  9. Themistocles

Thanks Reggie and Boa. This has confirmed my assumption. The plan will be to use the GW currency to take the Geo ships (and TF, I think it shows up there) to the max. After that point I can reassess whether or not we should go bounty hunter squad (and start the Cad Bane farming path through the GW store) or Phoenix and Zeb.

10. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

The other benefit of doing well in fleet is the increased fleet currency, so they will have more of that currency to buy zeta mats eventually or purchase shards/blueprints of the many pilots and ships that are available in that store to finish them quicker. In addition, they can get up to 400 free crystals per day depending on where they finish in fleet arena, which is roughly the same as spending $10 on crystals every three days. Those can then be used to refresh energy and hard nodes to accelerate their farming.

If they do find themselves reaching the top 20 or so regularly, I would recommend doing some research on the others in the top 20 and trying to contact them to find out if there is a fleet arena chat already, and if not try to create one with those in the top 20. Those typically use Discord or Line to gather the top players from squad or fleet arena to coordinate payout times so that people aren't attacking each other during their payouts. It's really helpful to maximize your crystal income. Also, if you were not aware, everyone has their own payout time based on your game's timezone, so generally speaking it's best to only really climb up as high as you can get within a couple of hours of your payout time. If you climb up outside that window, you're likely to be hitting someone that might be working on their own payout window.

Themistocles likes this.
  11. Electricboa

Definitely try and get in contact with other people at the top of the fleet arena. Usually, they’re the ones that you’ll notice stay up there a few days in a row. But, since it’s a brand-new fleet arena, there’s some chance there is not an established chat group yet. In which case, you would want to try and organize it. Arena chats make a ton of difference in how easy it is to stay in the top.

All that being said, it’s probably going to be something you have to weigh out. As Dagor said, arena chats usually use an external site like Discord (which is what most guilds use anyway, so it meshes). But you might not feel comfortable having them talk to other people like that. I guess you could act as a go-between, if you want. What I can say is in the long term, it will probably get more difficult to climb if you aren’t in the arena chat. Players collaborate and if they’re good at it they can effectively lock you out from the top.

An easy example from my own fleet chat. I have one other people who shares my payout in the chat and if we see someone climbing that we know has our payout and would attack us, we lock each other in the last 10 min. One of us is on 1 and the other on 2, one attacks the other with 10 min left and the other attacks the last 5. At one point, there were 4 of us and we would lock out the top 4. Now I will grant you, we’re more of the exception in our chat. There are multiple people with other payouts, but no one there coordinates as much as we do. We actually work with the people with payouts up to an hour before us, too. Every arena chat will be different and that also means how active they are.

But there will eventually be an arena chat whether you make it or not. And anyone not in it will get targeted more often. Not to mention if you hit people with upcoming payouts (since they vary based on your game time zone), you can inadvertently make enemies. The more active they are, the more likely they will be able to act on it. I say that as someone who has kind of done it myself. There was this one player who used to have my payout. We locked him out every day for at least a year or more to the point where he actually changed his time zone to get away from us. Near as I can tell, he doesn’t care about the crystals because he skips cooldowns so often most days he loses more than he makes. Just climbing as fast as he can in the last hour. He cheats to do it, but it still costs crystals. The only reason I know he cheats is I happened to be watching as he won a battle in less than 30 seconds. That is, as far as I know, impossible in the current top fleet meta.

Well, it so happens he moved him payout two hours before me, which happens to be when I’m paying attention to the regular arena and getting in place. But I check in on the fleet one, too. Once in a while, he hits me on his climb. If I’m lucky, I’ll attack him back and run down the 5 min clock purely to waste his time. I know he’s in a rush and purposely do it. He’ll hit me back. If he doesn’t skip a cool down to get away from me, I’ll hit him again and burn my clock. There have been days when I’ve had nothing better to do, so I’ve spent half an hour trading spots with him before he loses it and spends. There are other people who have done similar things to him, but I think I’ve done it the most. Again—not something that’s all that common, but people hold grudges if they get hit enough near their payout or get sniped.

I guess there could be a middle ground. If you joined a fleet chat that already exists, you could do it just for the payout times of everyone else, so you don’t step on any toes. You don’t really have to be an active participant in conversation (unless you share the same payout with someone, which makes it harder). There are 37 people in my fleet chat (at least a quarter no longer play), but most people just don’t say anything. It’s something you would need to think about.

As far as after the Geo ships are done, I would probably lean towards finishing Phoenix so you can get the Chimaera. Tarkin is an okay capital ship with the Geos, but Thrawn makes it a lot easier to climb. And is probably better on defense. If you can do Bossk / Hound’s Tooth at the same time, it wouldn’t hurt. HT is going to be a nightmare for other people to beat without good ships.

Themistocles likes this.
  12. Themistocles

We've approached a major inflection point - they're done with 7 starring Ahsoka Tano, which means its time to pick a new cantina battles target, and I feel like this is a major direction setting for them in terms of farming.

If I go Chopper, I'm committing to the Phoenix Farm, an Empire Squad, and the Ghost/Phantom.

If I go Boba, I'm committing to a Bounty Hunter squad Farm which takes longer, and getting Slave 1 unlocked for the zeta mats challenge.

Ideas? We're still hanging around fleet arena 50 but I dont think it's a consideration any more. The above-50 fleets are clearly being puchased at this point.

My main focuses now are unlocking the zeta challenge. My slight lean is towards a BH squad because it will yield Houndstooth and Slave 1, and will give us their 5th DS ships without having to waste money on something like FO Tie Fighter. It also unlocks their ability to get credit heist.

Bad idea? Decent idea?

13. Electricboa

There are benefits to both.

For Chopper, you get to Thrawn and the Chimaera. That’s pretty much the only real use for Phoenix now outside of Hoth TB. So there’s less of a gear investment. How much does Thrawn matter now? Not as much. He’ll still work in any team and be good to have as a wild card. I guess you’d also have Palpatine, but Empire isn’t better than Geos, especially early game. The Chimaera is a better capital ship than the original three, but that’s more general use. Over time, you’re going to move into a synergy fleet, like Rebels, and then the Chimaera isn’t as good. And you need the Executrix for zetas anyway.

For Boba, it’s a heavy push towards ships. You get the DS ships for the zeta challenge and are also laying groundwork for the Falcon down the road. Hound’s Tooth is really good early game because most people won’t have any good ways of getting around the protection up. Of course, that does mean farming Bossk. Boba himself is meh. Eventually when you build up a BH team, you’ll have more use for him but as a stand-alone he’s not going to do much. Same with his ship. He’ll fulfill the zeta challenge requirements, but Slave I is kind of the worst BH ship in the game. The other three came out together and had a lot of synergy with each other and breach. But since we had Slave I from the start and they never did any rework, it doesn’t get any kind of benefit from it. Though I guess the whole BH meta fell apart a long time ago, so it doesn’t matter that much.

I would probably lean towards Boba for maximizing utility. You get more overall. Since Thrawn and the Chimaera are available all the time now, there’s no real reason to push for them first.

Themistocles likes this.
  14. Themistocles

Shoot I just forgot - we need a tank for when they unlock Padme don't they? They're so far only 18/145 to a GK unlock and they raid tank about every 5 days, so it would be a long time to go tankless in a Padme squad right? Should go Fives then in the cantina battles?

As far as how close they are to unlocking Padme, they're at level 74ish, and their 4 current Geos are in a mix of G8 and G9 gear. The march to Padme seems to be faster than I thought it would take.

15. jwall157

jwall157 New Member

Get fives as a tank until you have Kenobi. You’ll have time to get boba as well after.

16. jwall157

jwall157 New Member

If you need a good guild to start getting kenobi shards, the Malevolence Omega Padawans are hiring

17. Electricboa

Eh, you don’t have to use a tank with Padme right away. I mean it kind of depends on where you want to use her. Fives can certainly substitute, but do you really want to put gear into him when he’s going to get replaced? And GK is still one of the harder characters in the game to gear. Both of them take 500 Carbanti (to G13, so less depending on where you stop).

My advice would be to use Padme in an offensive capacity in GAC and stick with Geos in the arena. You figure not counting GK, you’d have Padme, JKA, and Ahsoka. That leaves two spots. C-3PO isn’t really going to be an option yet, but you could probably do GM Yoda and R2 as placeholders. You figure both are pretty easy to get and until you get Jedi Revan, Yoda can easily work under Padme. Even on defense, that could be a decent team without a tank.

And it would let you save up on those Carbantis until GK is unlocked.

18. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

@Themistocles

I just placed my R7 Jedi Knight Luke as leader for Cantina nodes so your kids can try him out. They may enjoy his AoE stun.

Skywlkr76 likes this.
  19. Themistocles

Marc I will let them know! (Heck I might play him myself on their accounts and keep this one to myself ;) )

Marc Tessier likes this.
  20. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I can throw him in on Cantina too! Mine is "only" G12, but will be more than sufficient for their needs