1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

My Kids' Thread

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by Themistocles, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Laze

Laze Active Member

So I tried a lineup of SLKR (L), KRU, Hux, SiT, FOST. I used FOST instead of FOO because under a SLKR leader any dark side supports die quickly (they get turn meter whenever they gain advantage). Hux is still worth having in there because P1 is the toughest phase, so he can at least help you get through that.

Overall, I found this combo a bit more chaotic and it was harder to manage annihilate and the shield. Because they were hitting Nihilus all the time he was taking a lot of turns and I had a lot of debuffed characters, so his AOE was reducing the cooldowns on it quicker and my timing was off. I ended up having a couple characters annihilated because I wasn't paying close enough attention. Also, FOST died pretty quickly because he doesn't have any built in healing like KRU and there are no other healers on the team without Thrawn and Hoda. So overall, I'm not sure this lineup brought much to the table over what you'd get with just SLKR, KRU, and maybe Hux. But if you manage it carefully, it could probably work.

Themistocles likes this.
  2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

You might want to consider using Hux as your leader instead of SLKR. Hux gives +50% damage to FO basic attacks, which is how you end up doing the bulk of the damage with Kylo. For as long as Hux is there, you also get the Dominance bonuses, which include +50% crit damage and FO allies counterattack.

Themistocles likes this.
  3. Laze

Laze Active Member

True, the other advantage with Hux is that his lead doesn't kill off your supports. You definitely want Hux lead if you're using Thrawn and FOO. The thing I like about SLKR lead is that KRU basically permataunts because he gains advantage when he loses it, and taunts when he gains advantage, and with his healing he basically can't die unless he gets annihilated.

Themistocles likes this.
  4. Electricboa

True, though back when I did solo the HST, I used Hoda and he kind of mitigates things with his healing. Without Hoda, KRU might matter more. I never did it with a straight FO team.

Themistocles likes this.
  5. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Thanks folks. We're about ~7 days from giving this a shot.

In other news, Ballerina's account just had its first GAC battle with her brand new R7 SLKR in tow.

Of course we set it on defense in the front wall to deny half the board and of course it worked. I then promptly on her behalf received a very angry DM saying it was scummy to set a GL on defense. Strangely enough, I never got such a DM on my parental account.

Should I feel bad about having the kids set GLs on defense in the 2.4M account range? I mean the other side basically has no chance with a roster at this size unless they have a GL. Especially now that CG took away off meta counters.

Then again, it's also theoretically ludicrous for me to have them try to play the other side straight up. We just simply don't have the roster balance at the moment. Maybe after they acquire 2-3 more top end non-GL teams, would I consider letting up on the whole GL defense placement thing.

@Laze and @Stormlink15 curious how you feel about it since you have been living the 1x GL life with me for awhile now.

6. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone pissed in his cereal, or he's just jealous.

The game is about winning. Your kids earned the right to use SLKR however they see fit. GAC is essentially a war. If setting SLKR on defense helps you win, then I say go for it. If you can deny other players resources in your division, the better it is for you.

Just my two cents.

Themistocles likes this.
  7. Laze

Laze Active Member

I agree with Marc. If you bring SLKR for offense, you’re essentially putting yourself at a disadvantage. All he can do is clear one team, and then you’re left with a bunch of FO characters that are ok, but not great. Meanwhile your opponent could have built 3 actually good teams with that GP.

And all that aside, the point of the game mode is to try to win. I use SLKR on D quite a bit, and don’t feel even a little bad about it. I think it was you that said we all have made our roster choices, and have to work with the tools we have. Some people will just get mad if they lose. I had an opponent DM me and accuse me of cheating once. And that was before I had a GL. Just ignore them.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    Themistocles likes this.
  8. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with @Marc Tessier and @Laze, this is just some entitled snowflake that's used to having everything in life handed to him. I'd just ignore him.

Themistocles likes this.
  9. Electricboa

That is the dark side of GAC. I’ve never personally encountered it, but I know others who have. I wouldn’t say it’s that common, though. What was your GP when you got SEE? I can’t remember if it was higher or not.

As far as whether or not to put SLKR on defense, you would be severely weakening their chances by using it for offense. And especially at lower GP, the rewards for getting a top spot are a lot more valuable.

Personally, I think it’s all on CG. I have always thought that number of GLs should be taken into consideration for GAC match-ups. It is unfair to have someone with a GL against someone who doesn’t, but that’s what CG is doing. I also think that the rewards should be a lot closer to each other, like they are in TW. That way, if you lose, it’s not such a big deal.

I would also add that, in this particular situation, the nerfs wouldn’t have made any difference. Yes, they broke a lot of the counters, but the counters for SLKR are using characters that they likely wouldn’t have anyway. And once you get the ultimate, Kylo is going to be even harder to beat.

I don’t know if it would appeal to you, but you could always send a message to your opponent wishing them luck in your upcoming match. You would want to make sure to word it so it wouldn’t sound like you were taunting them or anything. But I think a more cordial initial interaction makes people less likely to get upset. Then again, there’s always the chance.

Themistocles likes this.
  10. Themistocles

@Electricboa taking our conversations re: Executor over here...what do you think about Executor for my kids' accounts? I have reservations. The requirements for Executor are not great for a young account. Sure they would have a relic bounty hunters' squad, but from a GAC/TW/TB perspective a relic BH squad is not a great investment...

Right now between their two fleet shards, they only have 1 Executor.

11. Electricboa

Hmm, that’s a tough one. I mean the main argument in favor of going for the Executor is fleet arena. To ensure you can keep getting crystals there. Both of their accounts are newer, so we’re talking newer fleet arenas. I’m guessing the one Executor is a whale. So, they probably have less urgency than your do because you’re on an older fleet arena where most are working towards Executor now.

Executor’s requirements are pretty steep. You figure two R8s plus Razor Crest, which is a difficult ship to acquire. Would they be able to do the two R8s? That’s a deal breaker for some people. Are there a lot of people in their fleet arena that seem like they could be going for the Executor?

I mean we are talking about a pretty significant gear and relic investment. Then you actually have to star up the ship. It’s something like 25k crystals to 7-star it in one event. It goes down a decent amount if you do it in two, but doing entirely FTP is probably not going to be viable. I’ve seen estimates of about 2 years, which I don’t think it that accurate. Over time the event comes back more frequently, but it would still be a long time. I remember for the Finalizer, it took me a good year to 7-star it. I did it without spending crystals because I didn’t think the ship was worth it.

Relic BH teams would be kind of bad for GAC. TW is a little forgiving, since you have your whole guild. TB is a maybe. I know BHs can clear everything, but most people I know who do that have a relic Jango or OG Mando. On the other hand, an Executor is a hard ship to clear in TW or GAC. Even at 4-star, it’s not easy.

It’s not exactly the same, but in my GAC whenever both of us have had the Executor, we both kept it for offense because we were worried the other would put it on defense. Only one person I went up against put it on defense and they had a 7-star one to my 5-star. It took me two battles to clear it and that cost me the win.

But that’s with players who have several fleets to choose from. If we’re talking about player with lower GP, then they might not be able to clear an Executor at all. Even if they did, they would need to keep their best fleets for offense, leaving you an easier defense to contend with. Unless they just give up on clearing it entirely and put their best fleets on defense in hopes you couldn’t clear it.

12. Laze

Laze Active Member

What will be their next target if not Executor? If it were my account, I would monitor the fleet arena situation closely and be ready to pivot towards Executor quickly. Perhaps at least get the necessary shard farms going (which is the part that's killing me the most right now). I'm going for it in my own account because even though there's only two in my shard (one of which doesn't climb), I could see that quickly snowballing where we get several more this month, and each month going forward, so it could become an untenable situation in 3-4 months. If that doesn't happen, then I still have a meta fleet and can probably stop worrying about ships for the foreseeable future, so it's not a waste. And as ElectricBoa pointed out it does have a lot of GAC and TW value.

13. Themistocles

One consideration is that they're in a guild that's far above them, and they're lucky to be there. I could see a question arising post building KAM-squads, where they might be wondering if they're going to get a LS-focused GL to help with LSGTB points...

14. Laze

Laze Active Member

That’s one nice thing about my guild - you’re expected to contribute, but they don’t tell you who to farm. There’s a strong argument to be made that if you’re going to chase JMK, for example, you may get there just as quickly with a detour to make sure you stay at the top of fleet arena. Those crystals make a big difference.

15. Electricboa

Yeah, Executor would be largely about making sure you have a consistent fleet arena income. That lets you go for GLs and other characters more quickly because you have more crystals. Once they have a KAM team, I’m not really sure the guild should expect a LS GL.

CG seems to be pushing people to stick with LS or DS with their GLs, but aside from that you’re talking about going after good teams. If, for example, you were considering gearing up a Phoenix team, then I could understand the guild not being happy. But between a GL or Executor, there aren’t any bad options.

16. Themistocles

Uhhh so one of my kids has ULT on SLKR. Took that SLKR and the A-Team FO (with FOST) into AB Jedi CT3 expecting to cakewalk it and......uhhhh...got smashed by wave 3. This is supposed to be possible right?

17. Electricboa

It’s supposed to be, though I never did it myself. I always used to use Palpatine lead with Sith. Of course, that was pre-nerf Vader. I already simmed mine, so I would say maybe look it up on YouTube? I’m sure there’s a video showing how it is done.

18. Themistocles

Ah yep forgot about that - Bulldog has a decent video and it looks like it will work. Sucks that the method involved specifically targets sacrificing characters in order to just get SLKR/KRU by themselves and so therefore sims won't be possible in the future. Oh well.

19. Laze

Laze Active Member

I’ve done this a few times. You can auto most of it. And using red trooper can speed it up significantly because he’ll assist on every counter from KRU. The strategy is super simple. Bring SLKR, KRU, trooper +2. Use auto-basic until wave 4. You want to manually kill Anakin ASAP because his healing immunity can ruin the party. Once he’s dead, you can go back to auto-basic until wave 8. Then you just need to start ramping SLKR damage until he takes them out.

Modding KRU correctly is key. Make sure he has 6 dot health primaries. I prefer to give him a couple of defense sets, but health sets are ok too. I’ve heard of people failing if they don’t have the right mods.

Themistocles likes this.
  20. Themistocles

Ok we did it but it was grindy as hell and it cost me the use of my cell phone for 2 hours for 2 accounts, running mostly on auto.... X(