1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Lord Vader

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

[​IMG]

UNIT NAME: Lord Vader
    ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
    CATEGORIES: Galactic Legend, Dark Side, Attacker, Leader, Empire, Sith
    Legendary Sith Lord who utilizes the actions of others to empower his own potential and is not to be underestimated.

------

ABILITIES:

Ultimate: END OF THE GALACTIC REPUBLIC
    Description: Requires at least 65% Ultimate Charge to activate.

Ultimate Charge: Lord Vader gains Ultimate Charge when he uses Dark Harbinger and when debuffed Dark Side allies receive damage he gains 2% Ultimate Charge, increased to 3% if that ally was an Unaligned Force User.

Lord Vader gains 50% of other Dark Side allies' current Mastery (stacking) until the end of the encounter, then they lose that much. Empire and Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies don't lose Mastery from this ability.

If 100% Ultimate Charge was used, Lord Vader instead gains 75% Mastery from this ability, dispels all debuffs on himself, takes a bonus turn, reduces his cooldowns by 1, and gains Ashes of the Republic for 5 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

Ashes of the Republic: Lord Vader's abilities gain additional effects; enemies defeated while this is active can't be revived; Lord Vader is immune to Ability Block, Healing Immunity, and Shock; can't gain Ultimate Charge.

Basic: VINDICTIVE STORM

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage to target enemy and if Lord Vader has 30 or more stacks of Underestimated, he deals damage again. Each time this ability deals damage in the same attack, it deals 25% more damage (max 50%).

Ashes of the Republic: Deal damage again.

Special 1: DARK HARBINGER (Cooldown 3)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Inflict Buff Immunity and Healing Immunity for 2 turns and deal Physical damage to target enemy. This ability deals 20% more Physical damage on subsequent uses (stacking, max 5 stacks)

Lord Vader gains 1% Ultimate Charge and Empire and Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies recover 0.5% Health for each stack of Underestimated.

Ashes of the Republic: This attack also deals true damage.

Special 2: UNSHACKLED EMOTIONS (Cooldown 5)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Daze and 4 Damage Over Time effects for 2 turns, which can't be resisted. For each stack of Underestimated, this ability deals 2.5% more damage, and all Dark Side allies gain 1% Mastery (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

Ashes of the Republic: Inflict Ability Block for 1 turn which can't be dispelled or resisted, and increase target enemy's cooldowns by 2.

Leader: MY NEW EMPIRE

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Dark Side allies have +20 Speed, +20% Mastery, and +15% Max Health, doubled for Empire or Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies.

At the start of battle, other Empire and Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies lose all Protection and gain that much Max Health. If a Dark Side Unaligned Force User ally was present at the start of battle, for the rest of the battle all Empire or Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies take 30% reduced damage from enemy Light Side Unaligned Force User attacks. If all allies are Dark Side at the start of battle, Empire and Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies are immune to Fear, Empire Tanks gain Taunt for 2 turns, and when an Empire ally loses Taunt, they are inflicted with Marked for 1 turn, which can't be dispelled, prevented, or resisted.

Whenever a Dark Side ally loses a buff, Empire and Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies gain 1% Mastery (stacking) until the end of encounter. Whenever a debuffed Dark Side ally takes damage, Lord Vader gains 2% Ultimate Charge, increased to 3% if that ally was an Unaligned Force User.

Empire and Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies have +35% Critical Chance and Critical Damage when targeting a Galactic Republic enemy. Whenever an enemy critically hits an Empire or Dark Side Unaligned Force User ally, that enemy has -30% Critical Damage (stacking) for 3 turns.

While Empire and Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies are at certain Health thresholds, they gain different benefits.

• While above 35% Health: During an enemy's attack they are immune to Max Health reduction and other damage that is based on Max Health
    • While above 50% Health: They are immune to Damage Over Time and Thermal Detonator effects
    • While below 80% Health: Can't be critically hit

Unique: TWISTED PROPHECY
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Lord Vader is immune to Turn Meter manipulation and his attacks can't be evaded. At the start of battle he loses all Protection and gains that much Max Health, and Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies gain Speed Up and Stealth for 2 turns.

At the start of each of Lord Vader's turns, enemies are inflicted with 2 Damage Over Time effects for 2 turns, which can't be resisted. Enemies with Damage Over Time effects can't gain bonus Turn Meter.

At the start of each other character's turn Lord Vader gains 1 stack of Underestimated (max: 60), doubled for Galactic Republic and Jedi enemies.

Underestimated: Vindictive Storm, Dark Harbinger, and Unshackled Emotions gain additional effects.

Unique 2: GALACTIC LEGEND
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA)This unit takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects and massive damage effects. They take massive damage from destroy effects (excludes raid bosses) and are immune to stun effects.

This unit has +10% Max Health and Max Protection per Relic Amplifier level, and damage they receive is decreased by 30%.

2. Electricboa

Well, LV is indeed an Empire GL as I thought. I think we can safely say he’s got the worst requirements for his kit of any GL. The only Empire unit you’re required to get is Tarkin. So you basically have to gear up an entirely new team for LV to use. At least before, you could actually field a team for the GL using their requirements, even if it wasn’t ideal.

The kit itself looks interesting. I can see how the similarity to Nihilus’ leadership (but better in every way) could lead to some fun interactions. Obviously, we’re intended to use Maul on the team for no logical sense other than money, but I can see a couple interesting alternatives.

First, the fact that Royal Guard is there is hilarious. I guess it would be annoying to use on that team because it taunts when allies fall below 50% health. But what about KRU? He recovers 8% health when he takes damage and he’s an unaligned DS Force User, so he would get his protection converted.

I find it a but funny that Vader and Thrawn are recommended right after they were nerfed. Gideon makes sense. But it does seem like LV is intended for people who already have SEE.

The kit overall looks very anti-JMK. The team being immune to critical hits below 80% health is probably intended to prevent SLKR from dominating the team. I don’t see any reason Rey wouldn’t be a good counter, though. I don’t see anything specifically against SEE, though.

Personally, I’m happy I went with LV over Rey because I actually have a lot of Empire units geared.

Edit: Looks like Royal Guard also got a touch up. He looks a lot more useful now. And he got a zeta.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  3. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Hooooooly crap I just took a detailed read through the SEE vs JMK nerfs and my God. It's over, I see no reasonable way my SEE counter or the Stealth Counter works now. Goodbye top 2, it was nice to be there for about ~9 months.

If LV hard blocks JMK climbs in arena, that would definitely sway me to go hard in on Executor.

4. Electricboa

Yeah, they pretty much killed that counter. I think there are SLKR counters to JMK, though. I wouldn’t give up hope entirely.

But as far as LV vs JMK, we won’t know. I saw some of Ahnald’s stream and pre-ultimate with no Maul, JMK easily wins. Even when we see the ultimate, we won’t see Maul for a couple months.

5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Not really sure what to make of this kit. There's loads going on, as usual, with a new GL.

LV's base speed is 390, compared to JMK's 385. Both SLKR and Rey are quicker than LV.

I'm curious whether his ultimate will charge as quickly as JMK's. It doesn't seem like it just from reading through his kit, but we won't know for sure until we see it in action, especially with Maul.

A bit of Malak baked into LV's kit with all Empire and DS UFU losing all protection and gaining that much max health. They are also immune to max health reduction when above 35% health, which nullifies much of GSky's usefulness.

From his leader ability:
    "If a Dark Side Unaligned Force User ally was present at the start of battle, for the rest of the battle all Empire or Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies take 30% reduced damage from enemy Light Side Unaligned Force User attacks."

This reduces the effectiveness of both CAT and Rey.

I'm so glad I went for SEE over SLKR. Part of my thinking at the time was that the Empire and Sith factions had more viability moving forward compared to First Order.

All in all, I preferred the GL's being released in pairs. It made the game more fun with players having a choice of which one to focus on first, leading to a more diverse Arena. You also get a strong feeling there are 2 tiers of GLs now -- JMK and LV in the top tier, and then the other 4.

6. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Do you think RG would be useful now in a standard Empire team, for say GAC?

7. Electricboa

Royal Guard is now actually more of a tank than before. His special lets him taunt and he still has the emergency taunt if someone falls below 50% health. Giving Empire allies retribution with his special is also nice. The health up is mainly for LV teams.

It is very clear Royal Guard is intended for LV. You’re talking about a massive health pool. RG gets 5% of the Empire leader’s max health. LV can have upwards of 300k health when all is said and done, so that’s around 15k for RG. Then, it depends on if the unique takes affect before or after LV’s leadership coverts everything to health. You could realistically be looking at RG pushing 300k health, too, if it doubles after the protection is converted.

Outside of a LV team, it’s harder to say. It definitely looks like he would be the tank of choice for a Palpatine team. Let’s say we get the last Imperial Remnant character for a Gideon team, both Shoretrooper and Stormtrooper would end up in Trooper teams, so you need something for Palpatine and the rest.

Does that make RG good? Or even worth going for? Eh . . . I’m not sure. I think anyone who is going for LV is going to gear him because the touch up is designed to for with LV. People who did SEE got a nice buff on a character they already geared. I gave mine the zeta right away, as did others who have SEE in my guild. I’m going for LV, but would have given the zeta anyway. Plus, it boosts the Emperor’s shuttle a bit, which I do put on defense in GAC.

But if I didn’t already have it geared from SEE and wasn’t going for LV, then I probably wouldn’t gear him. Outside of Troopers, Empire teams took a big hit with the Vader nerf.

8. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Yeah, I took a look at his gear requirements, he needs 5 stun guns to get to G12. I can find a lot of better uses for them than him right now. Maybe one day, but I'm a long way from worrying about farming for LV or SEE at the moment.

9. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Two players in my guild have already unlocked LV. One of them is our leader. He's amazing at resource management and has never spent a dime on the game. Only GL he's missing is SEE and he's got a 7-star Executor to boot. The other, I believe, is a whale. His collection tips the scales at 8.4 million GP and he's got all 6 GLs now.

10. Electricboa

Only one in my guild has him. I’m not exactly sure if he was just hoarding or what, but LV is his 3rd GL. He also has JML and JMK. 7-star Executor, too. I know there are a few others who are actively working towards it.

I think there’s one or two in my arena, but they’re still using JMK because there’s no reason not to until Maul comes out.

I’m still estimating about 2 months, maybe 3, for me to get LV.