1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

P3 was a bit odd. With two Jedi-only CMs (one Republic Jedi only) combined with the KAM mission, this one basically lets you roll over the Republic Jedi one with JMK. I pretty much had to use all the Jedi Padme normally gets. Because KAM uses up my Clones and Shaak Ti, I ended up using:

JMK (L), GK, Ahsoka, KAM, and GAS​

In hindsight, I probably should have saved GAS for my JKL team. It wasn’t even really a fight. I might have been able to auto it, it was that easy. I was basically using my arena team, so yeah 4/4 without question.

For the Jedi-only mission, I ended up using:

JML (L), GMY, Jolee, Old Ben, and Bastila​

I only went 3/4. I went into wave 4 at full strength, but they just tore me down. Old Ben was my weak spot. I either needed Barriss or Aayla. Because fun fact: Aayla doesn’t have enough GP to qualify for either Jedi CM. I would actually have to relic her more. Maybe one relic level or upgrade some of her mods to Mk 6. Not sure I’m willing to go there just yet.

And since I butchered by Padme team, I decided to run a separate JKL team:

JKL (L), Hoda, JKA, JKR, Aayla​

Got 3/4 on here, too. Like I said, GAS would have saved me. I had actually been able to clear 4/4 with JKL, GAS, and Hoda before, so it’s definitely possible. I know for next time.

And Rebels for the last GM, which was a fairly easy 4/4.

My LS teams do get stretched for LS Geo. If I donate anything good, I end up breaking one of my key teams. I usually don’t get on until everyone else has already filled everything up, but when I do and donate, I end up sacrificing a CM. That same Rebel team without one of them is pretty much a 0/4.

We are not going to the middle of P4, so I won’t get to see what the KAM-required mission is. I’m also not entirely sure what I’m going to do about the Nexu mission. I’m tempted to just not do it and do the P3 Republic Jedi mission again That’s a big payout of points. Next LS TB, I’ll have CAT, so the Nexu would be a viable one to attempt. I just don’t know about JMK under Padme. Maybe my guild will want us to try. You figure if we did go to P4 middle, there’s a Republic Jedi CM there that would take up JMK so he’s not normally going to be used with Padme.

Edit: Never mind, we went over 1 star, so we're going all the way in the middle.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    Marc Tessier likes this.
  2. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

You need Rey and you won't feel stretched anymore. :D

We still save the southern territory with the KAM mission for phase 4. Well, to be accurate, we stop all deploys and combats about 5 million short of 1 star in P3, so players can do the KAM mission if they want but most of us wait. We picked up 2 shards during P3. The officers are hoping for 25 total this cycle, so we shall see.

I found the same thing with JMK in P3. It was an easy 4/4 since I had a wealth of Jedi to choose from. I am partly tempted to push Mace up to R5 and use him as a pin cushion. I'd give him defense/protection mods with no speed, then JMK gives him damage immunity and it'll stick for a long time. You also keep mentioning Barriss, and I'm definitely tempted to gear her up. I'll think about it some more, but definitely wait until I've got CAT finished before deciding.

3. Electricboa

At this point, I am seriously having to consider Rey. She would make life a lot easier. GAC is getting really annoying when I’m almost always paired up with people who have all the GLs. The matching system is really hurting me. My opponents will have a GL advantage and 400-600k more GP. My win rate is starting to take a serious hit.

We got 44 KAM this time, though it’s more for the prestige now. I think everyone has him at 7 stars. As far as Barriss, I keep waffling. I’m definitely not doing anything until I do CAT. After that, then it becomes a question of if I want to use resources on Barriss and potentially make Rey take longer if I do her.

Gear-wise, I’m not too bad. Getting JMK was mostly G12 gear, so the bulk of what I saved in Carbantis and Stun Guns is still there.

P4 was a bit of a disaster for me. I tried to use JMK separate from Padme and didn’t have enough Republic Jedi to make it work. Others used JMK with Padme and were able to clear the Nexu mission. That’s probably what I’m going to do next time. I skipped the KAM/Shaak Ti mission entirely. The focus was more on stars than extra currency, so that was only for people with enough teams to cover everything else. Without Padme, that’s not me.

I’m pretty much in the home stretch for CAT. I just have to finish the overall feats and I’ll have the top crate. I am surprised that there are still people in my guild that rush to finish Conquest right away and buy refreshes. It’s not like they get the rewards any faster and they have to deal with stamina more plus the crystal cost.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  4. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Thankfully I think I have a ways to go before I have to consider this problem! Maybe another LS GL will come in and save me from even remotely having to consider ever going for Rey.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  5. Marc Tessier

I'm probably somewhere in the middle. I don't rush, but I do buy anywhere from 2-4 energy refreshes per Conquest. This current one was probably 4 because when it first started I thought my schedule was going to be really hectic in the days ahead. So I decided to get ahead to ensure I didn't miss out on CAT shards. At this point I'm not too worried about being completely efficient and maximizing my resources.

In terms of game play, I ended up getting the Booming Voice disk for the first time this Conquest. Even better, I got it after clearing Sector 1. I picked up another Booming Voice later on, so at that point I had two of them, which meant every time my leader used an ability everyone assisted twice. It was fun! But it actually made completing certain feats more difficult as I was killing everyone too quickly. In the end, I had to unequip both and go with more standard disks.

6. Electricboa

I went with a bunch of the Zealous Ambition again. That seems to be the best for me, since I can just not use healers or support units if I’m worried about winning too quickly. I think I also threw in a debuff dismantler and the offense/defense buffs just for some general use.

I wish I could build around one of the 4 star ones, but it just seems like too big of a gamble. If I get a 4 star, there’s no guarantee it’ll be one that synergizes with what else I already got. Booming Voice is probably the best, since it doesn’t need anything else, but take something like Deadly Momentum. I got that and Future Vision this time. Future Vision is probably the worst one of all. It’s not even worth 1 star, much less 4. But Deadly Momentum is actually good, but you have to get other data disks that also trigger when an enemy falls below 100% health. By the time I got Deadly Momentum, I had passed up a bunch of those and would have had to spend currency to remove what I had equipped.

On top of that, I’ve heard Deadly Momentum can end up killing the other team way too quickly. It’s more for people who might not be able to win with their own characters. Like if you have one GL like SEE and are having trouble against SLKR. I haven’t really had an issue like that, so I’m more focused on feats than just being able to 3 star the node.

But I got the max crate, so CAT is mine. So far, I’ve been able to get there without spending on refreshes. I very nearly had to with the time before last when they removed some of the data disks. It took me a lot more tries to finish everything. I think I was down to the last day when I got it.

Mostly, I figure the last 3-5 days are where I decide if I have to do refreshes or not. I can judge about where I am and if I’m on track. I would want to do the refreshes far enough out so I don’t have to do them all on the last day where they would get expensive if I had to do a bunch, but not so far out that I spend crystals if I don’t have to. Like right now, there’s two days left and I’m done. It would bother me if I spent and then just did nothing.

From what I’ve heard, this is supposed to be the last Conquest with the Razor Crest as a chest reward. Next time, it’ll be rolled out. CAT becomes the secondary reward and a new character or ship will be the main one. I guess it will go into the random spot in the Conquest shop? Hopefully for a cheaper price. I’m at about 2k currency now, but I don’t see an immediate use for the ship. I’ll be at 53/100 after this Conquest. I could only get 15 for 1,200 from the Jawas, so I couldn’t finish it now anyway.

If that is what they end up doing, then I can finally see how CG is going to be able to monetize Conquest down the road. You can only get a fixed amount of currency per Conquest and if you buy whatever the newest character or ship is, you basically use all of it up. That means if you sit out any Conquest or ever do less than the Hard one, you’ll always be behind on older characters and ships. They’ll probably have a pack of something for them.

7. Marc Tessier

My guild ended up with a record 23 KAM shards. This puts me at 41/85. Still a ways to go, but it's not looking as daunting as it used to.

On another note, I can defeat my shard's resident whale in JMK mirror matches. He runs JMK, KAM, GSky, GK and Ahsoka. Everyone is R8, except for Ahsoka at R7. My strategy has been to take out Ahsoka first since her buff dispel is annoying. Then I knock out KAM, before moving on to GSky. After that, I put it on auto as the battle usually lasts 4 minutes to 4 and a half minutes.

I'm curious if you're using a different, and possibly more effective, strategy in JMK mirror matches.

8. Electricboa

I normally use JML for JMKs just because it seems to be easier. That might change if/when I relic up KAM and Ahsoka more. I can still reliably win JMK mirrors, but it takes a little more time.

The one time I have to do a mirror is when I move to 1. The person with the payout before me has JMK and I want to leave my JMK on defense. KAM makes it so you can go straight for GK. With KAM and GAS, you basically get 2 armor shred on him before he comes out of damage immunity. As soon as he does, he goes down fairly quickly. After that, I take out Ahsoka and then usually go for JMK. By the time Ahsoka is gone, I’ll have charged the ultimate to 100%, so I can ignore my opponent’s KAM is he taunts. And JMK can’t put damage immunity on himself.

9. Marc Tessier

CAT makes the mirror matches much easier and quicker. Just Force Leap GK and then you can target whoever you want. I found that taking out CAT second right after GK makes the most sense to avoid her Force Leap from becoming too nasty.

My CAT's Force Leap just hit for over 470k in my mirror match to claim #1 in arena today. My goodness, is this going to make her a monster in the Sith raid?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  10. Themistocles

Sigh, kinda kicking myself for having gone after SLKR when JMK/CAT is such a monster and can solo the raids. Oh well, my only consolation is that I didn't have this data available at the time when I started going after SLKR and it was the best choice at that particular moment when I started.

11. Electricboa

JMK already can solo the HST, so I guess CAT just makes it easier.

I wouldn’t get too hung up on doing SLKR. As you said, there’s no possible way to know how a character who wasn’t out was going to interact with another character who wasn’t out at the time. And Kylo is still a very good GL. I still would say he’s the best overall. JMK is just the clear arena dominant GL right now.

Once SLKR is done, maybe JMK is where you go next.

12. Marc Tessier

I just watched a video by Scrybe that shows JMK and CAT in the Sith raid. It's phenomenal.

JMK (lead), CAT, Wat, 3P0 and JTR

JTR gets the tank taunt tech

CAT gets the weapon tank

Basic strategy is to force the Boss to attack JTR, who gains evasion from mastery. So JMK's ultimate makes it so that JTR evades almost every attack, which feeds CAT's stacking offense for Force Leap. Scrybe intentionally delayed using Force Leap (after the first hit) to see how big a hit he could do. In P1 with Nihilus around 50-55% health, he finally decided to use Force Leap and did a whopping 100 million damage.

In P2, CAT did an astounding 297 million damage in one hit. This was after delaying using Force Leap until Sion had only a couple of turns before enrage.

Can't wait to try it.

13. Themistocles

WTH??? Seriously though do you think CG relooks at lowering her kit slightly? Some of these damage numbers look insane.

14. Electricboa

I didn’t think about JTR, but, yeah, her evasion would really help CAT’s damage skyrocket. I will have to try it, too.

I don’t think CG will change anything because of the Sith raid. In the past, they only care about the newest raid. So as long as it doesn’t break the CRancor, they don’t care. Kylo already solos the HST, so it’s not like JMK/CAT are doing anything all that new. If someone finds a way of soloing a phase of the CRancor, then there will likely be some action.

It does seem like they made CAT a little too powerful, though.

Edit: I just used this team in P3 of the CRancor:

JMK (L), KAM, CAT, Ahsoka, GK​

And got 4,786,288 damage. To be fair, I’m not sure it would work outside of P2 and P3 because I was able to do a lot of work while the Rancor was downed. Still, that is a lot of damage. And that was low, I heard people in my guild were getting 6-10 million. My guess is drop GK for C-3PO.

If that’s something we can do consistently, maybe it is a better CRancor team than Kylo.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  15. Electricboa

We have made some additions to Jedi Master Kenobi's abilities and AI:
    • Unique (May The Force Be With You): While Jedi Master Kenobi has the High Ground, he dispels Stealth from all enemies at the start of his turn.
    • Ultimate (It's Over): If at the start of battle there was a Light Side Unaligned Force User ally that is also Galactic Republic, all Jedi allies ignore Protection when targeting a Sith enemy and Sith enemies can't counter attack for the rest of battle.
    • Jedi Master Kenobi's AI has been updated to better interact with his ability to ignore Taunt effects.
    • In addition to this, we've made some adjustments to all Galactic Legends AI to improve their interactions against certain matchups.

That's looking like they're trying to kill the SEE counter to JMK. Plus general AI improvements to make GLs harder to beat? Either way @Themistocles I think you can forget about gearing up Assassin and Zombie. CG has decided that JMK should not be cheesed.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021