1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Boa's correct. We can only exchange multi-tools, medpacs and bayonets for Impulse Detectors. The first two are needed more frequently, so bayonets have become the item of choice players use to get Impulse Detectors. It's also a pretty good node as you get holo projectors, which can be exchanged for heatsinks.

Themistocles likes this.
  2. Marc Tessier

I can't watch this video while I'm at work. I'll check it later.

3. Marc Tessier

I like your Kenobi's health, and speed, of course.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  4. Marc Tessier

Watched the video of the guy who cleared the Sith raid with JMK.

He used JMK (lead), Hoda, Shaak, Ahsoka and 3P0.

He said he didn't really know what he was doing and didn't really optimize his mods (3P0 actually had none). Kenobi ended up doing 146m damage out of 169m to clear the raid. It was all about 3PO spamming translation to Kenobi to reduce his cooldowns with Shaak and Hoda providing healing. Ahsoka assists a ton and ended up doing around 20m damage.

I'd like to see another big damage dealer in there to speed it up. He said it took about 45 minutes.

As the guy said, it's a starting point and he expects other players to build off of it.

5. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I did end up putting my JMK in as my arena team with KAM, GK, GAS, and Ahsoka. So far, it’s holding pretty well. The best part about the team is it seems to be a fairly good counter to the Bastila-led JML cancer team. JMK’s special that applies healing immunity prevents Wat’s tech from recovering protection up. I can eat through JML is about 2 minutes now. That’s without CAT and without the ultimate.

I did try it without GAS, using C-3PO instead and it did not work. It might have been my fault, though. The team I tried was a Bastila lead without Wat, so there was an extra Jedi there. I went straight after JML and without GAS I just couldn’t generate enough damage. I think I might have had better success if I went after the other Jedi on the team first to deprive JML from any healing they could do. I was able to take out JML, but didn’t have enough time to beat anyone else.

That being said, I’m starting to wonder about the final team. OG Ahsoka is so good in that team because she attacks out of turn all the time and that calls in another assist (in this case from my KAM who attacks twice in Ataru form). Plus, her dispels are nice for crit immunity. I’m not sure I’d want to get rid of her when CAT comes out. Not to mention CAT’s Shien is pretty much designed for OG Ahsoka.

I figure GK is likely to stay because you need a tank and GK way as well be a brick wall under JMK. Then again, if we’re talking about teams with JKR, tanks don’t really mean anything. Still, the retribution and mass assist are nice.

Right now, GAS is fairly important to the team for damage, but I wonder if CAT could replace him. She does give armor shred, which helps a lot. And Shien can potentially give OS Ahsoka insane damage. Whenever the unit evades or attacks out of turn, they get +50% damage stacking until Shien is used again. OG Ahsoka will be assisting all the time and getting a ton of damage. There’s no cap right now (which might end up getting nerfed). At that point, GAS might not be needed.

Or maybe replace KAM. Without GMY, KAM really isn’t doing all that much for the team. He can do fairly decent damage and can apply armor shred, but he’s got no healers or support to bolster and if you use CAT, you break the all-Republic Jedi part of his unique. Perhaps KAM will end up under JKR with GMY solely to boost GMY?

C-3PO is still another factor, but I think he’s more useful for TB and raids because there’s not as much of a time factor on winning.

On top of all that, there’s a new exploit with JMK that CG is looking at. They gave a vague announcement the other day without saying exactly what was going on. The gist is you can use Jedi Guardian at very little gear under JMK and basically make her immortal. JMK’s leadership has Republic tanks taunt for 1 turn if they have protection and lose taunt. JMK’s second special gives damage immunity to the target and protection up.

You can give that to Jedi Guardian and since she is so slow, she hardly takes any turns. That lets you keep damage immunity on her pretty much all the time and she’s always taunting.

The good news is the AI likely won’t be able to do that on its own, so it’s only on offense that it’s possible. Even then, I’m almost positive that instantly defeat abilities still work like Annihilate and SEE’s ultimate AOE on linked enemies.

Marc Tessier and Themistocles like this.
  6. Marc Tessier

Sounds encouraging, Boa. Without KAM, I don't think my JMK will hold well until he's got the ultimate. So I'm still waiting ...

7. Marc Tessier

I'm not sure how Shien will work. The way I read it, only CAT will get the 50% bonus damage (stacking) when she uses Force Leap, not the ally she gives Shien. But, perhaps Ahsoka Tano will work best for ramping up Force Leap's damage. Perhaps I am misunderstanding it though.

8. Electricboa

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, I think I misread that. It does look like it’s only Force Leap that gets the damage boost. That does kind of make more sense. That would make it a lot less pressing to use OG Ahsoka on that team. Then again, if you do use her, Force Leap will pretty much be off cool down every time CAT takes a turn. If it’s a big damage attack, then that might still make it worth it.

Besides, OG Ahsoka’s dispel on basic is quite helpful. When JML gets grit immunity, your damage takes a severe hit, but if you can keep dispelling it, it’s not a big deal. I’ve yet to do a mirror match (I used SEE for that), but I imagine if GK is on that team, you’ll want to be able to remove buffs, too.

9. Marc Tessier

Who would you suggest I use in place of KAM, since mine is only 5 stars?

Until I have CAT, I was thinking JMK, GK, GSky, GMY and Ahsoka.

I'm 8/12 on ultimate materials now.

10. Electricboa

I’d say drop GMY. His main use under JMK is with KAM. Without that, he’s a little annoying, but you can’t gain TM, so he’s not nearly as good as he should be. I’d try C-3PO in place of GMY. You want him with the least health/protection as you can give him. He can be higher than Ahsoka, but you want him as low as you can go so when she attacks out of turn, she calls in C-3PO. He uses his basic and since JMK will almost certainly have 3 stacks of translation, you’ll constantly be reducing your cool downs.

I’ve heard from people in my guild that’s been an effective team for them. Well, not my guild specifically, but I think people in a sister guild under the Rebel Force umbrella. My guild was the first, as far as I’m aware, to finish KAM en masse, so most people are using him like I am.

But CAT isn’t that far away now.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  11. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

Is JMK the best all around GL now? I think Kylo used to be the consensus, mainly because of his raid capabilities, but Kenobi can also solo the Sith Raid, plus he's able to (i think) solo SEE, and can beat basically any team on offense.
    Is this a good assessment?

12. Electricboa

Without CAT, I’m not sure we can say definitively yet, but I would likely still consider Kylo the best. And by that, I’m taking a lot of things into account.

Both GLs can solo the HST, but Kylo is always going to have more potential because there’s never any cap to his damage. JMK has a cap, but it’s one you’ll almost never really reach. It gives you a +50% damage increase per use with a max of 10, so potentially 500%. But that’s 10-20 turns (depending on C-3PO use), so it’s not like you can ramp the damage up like Kylo can.

Then you have to take into account the requirements. JMK is arguably on par with JML in terms of difficulty. Requiring R8s, Negotiator, and Wat make it very unlikely that JMK will ever be someone’s first GL. JMK’s requirements are also kind of bad. You don’t really get good teams out of it. You get a few good characters, but that’s it. So, again, it makes it so people who have a lot of other characters, like GAS, in a better position to actually make full use out of JMK. Plus, KAM is an elephant in the room, depending on how CAT turns out. So even after you get JMK, you may very well need to gear up more characters for his final team.

Kylo has arguably the best requirements of any GL because his requirements make up his best team. Sure, you can add in Daka and Zombie, but those are more for stretching out your teams. For arena purposes, Kylo with FO is as good as it gets. So it’s all self-contained. When you get Kylo, you’re all set.

One area you could argue JMK is far superior is in TB because LS is so much harder than DS. Kylo can easily clear 4/4, but there are a lot of teams that can do that. Clearing 4/4 on LS is a lot less likely without GLs or some amazingly geared teams.

Oh, and JMK mirrors kind of sucks right now. I assume CAT will make that a little easier, since you can just one-shot GK. But at least right now, I very much prefer using SEE against JMKs.

If I had to give a ranking for GLs, I’d probably say:

SLKR
    JMK
    JML
    SEE
    Rey​

I could see an argument for JML being second best, but I tend to rank having better offense over defense. Fallen Anakin might be up near the top, too, if he's an Empire GL. Empire units aren't that difficult to get, so if he can make them amazing, he could be a contender for best first GL.

jwall157 likes this.
  13. Marc Tessier

Well, I lost patience and did two refreshes at 200 crystals each to finish Kenobi's ultimate. The drops were not kind to me today, and even with the extra refreshes I was at 130 tickets when I decided to just finish the ult. So, I'll only have 60 tickets saved up for the next LS GL. Was it worth the extra crystals? Probably not, but it's just a game so may as well have some fun from time to time.

My current arena team is now JMK (lead), GK, Ahsoka, 3P0 and GSky. I climbed relatively easily today despite not being sure if I was using JMK correctly. I fought a decent variety of teams too -- 2 Rey with Jedi squads, 2 Master Luke squads (1 with JKR lead/1 with JKL lead) and a SEE/Sith/Wat team to take #1.

Of the three, Rey seemed to be the most difficult to beat, especially the squad with GK. As expected, Master Kenobi's ultimate charges super quick. I always open with his first special I Will Do What I Must and call him to assist to generate 24% ultimate charge right out of the gate.

I probably messed up the kill order in the SEE fight. He was targeted from the start, but Deceived spread too quickly and I couldn't target him for long enough to finish him. So I switched up my tactics and killed Traya, Nihilus, Vader, Wat and finally SEE. Sith Eternal did get his ultimate off so GSky and GK were killed, but JMK, Ahsoka and 3P0 were going strong at the end when I buried that decrepit old fart.

Overall, am quite pleased with him. Now it's time to sit back and see how he holds overnight.

jwall157 likes this.
  14. Electricboa

I got to max tickets, so I have 74 extra saved if for if/when I do Rey. JMK with his ultimate is a lot better, especially against JML teams. Not that I was having any trouble, but JKL being able to stun everyone was annoying. Now, I just use the ultimate right after and everyone gets cleansed. KAM under JMK is insane for the ultimate. You figure that’s 9% extra charge every time I use a special. One assist from Ahsoka and she calls in KAM for two hits at 3% each.

The big question is going to be CAT. I’m going to be conflicted if I have to choose between her and KAM. I’ve heard from people in my guild who took KAM to R7 and R8 that he gets a considerable damage boost to the point you don’t really need GAS there anymore. Even at R5, he’ll get a 75k crit on his Decisive Thrust and I don’t even have great mods on him.

I know I want to gear CAT either way for Padme, so it’s really just going to come down to what the better arena team is. It might come down to CAT being better against some teams and KAM against others. I’m thinking CAT in mirror matches would be better because you can knock out GK right away.

The one thing that really annoys me with KAM is switching forms. You’re supposed to gain 100% TM, but JMK prevents that so it’s not free to switch forms. I almost never use Makashi. It has a better effect for Decisive Thrust, but the basic is worse and the form special isn’t as good as Ataru. I wish they’d make it a bonus turn instead of TM.

15. Marc Tessier

It's been so long since I looked at KAM's kit other than his unique that I have no recollection of what he does or how to use him anymore.

I forgot to mention that I did take Ahsoka up to R7. It seemed like a reasonable investment since she's a mainstay in LS Geo TB and has a key ship in the Negotiator fleet.

I'm also proud to say I was the first in my shard to unleash JMK with his ultimate. Even our resident whale at 8.6 million GP hasn't finished the ultimate yet. But there are at least 6-7 JMKs on the way and I expect they will start appearing later this week.

My squad held at #6 overnight. Oh yeah! There's often a honeymoon period of a few days to a week when a new meta character/squad appears in my shard, so I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

jwall157 likes this.
  16. Electricboa

It’s a good kit for what it does, but I can’t help but feel there’s still something missing. The only way to really utilize KAM is basically to create a team around him. Padme and JMK, the top Republic teams prevent TM manipulation, which makes switching forms waste a turn.

Don’t get me wrong, KAM does work very well under JMK, but you’re incentivized never to switch out of Ataru form. The extra basic attacks under Ataru are a significant part of why he’s good. And if you switch and taunt, then you are kind of making GK less useful. KAM is an attacker, so having him taunt doesn’t really help all that much. Not when GK is there.

I can definitely see why he’s really only good in the end game. He’s above average generally, but you’re not really getting much out of him with JML or even JKR. Unless you just want a unit there to fill out the team. Padme is the most accessible Republic team, but KAM doesn’t really help her. JKA, Ahsoka, and GK don’t benefit from KAM. So it’s pretty much JMK or putting together a team with the outcasts like Qui-Gon, Ima-Gun Di, Luminara, and maybe Barriss. Granted, that’s turning mostly useless characters into a viable team, but putting gear into them is an opportunity cost when you could have put that same gear in other, generally better, characters.

17. Electricboa

Well, first time using JMK in LS TB and he was pretty amazing. I ended up breaking up my Jedi like this:

JMK (L), GMY, KAM, Aayla, and Ahsoka

JML (L), JKL, Hoda, JKR, and Jolee​

In hindsight, I probably could have saved Ahsoka for the Padme special event. The priority was the CMs, so I didn’t want to take a chance and fail with JMK. Turns out it wasn’t really necessary. I had mentioned how Aayla was great under JML because I could keep everyone stun locked. JMK was the same way. She’s the weakest, so she got called in all the time. And, as the weakest, she would get targeted. I could just give her damage immunity and that was pretty much it.

That being said, having Ahsoka to remove taunts and other buffs was kind of nice. CAT is going to make it a lot easier to split JMK and Padme more easily. I imagine Force Leap’s one-shot will only work once in a whole attempt rather than once per round. Saving it for the boss would probably be the best idea.

My biggest issue was actually who to use with JML. I was tempted to keep Bastila, but I just couldn’t see not using Jolee. There’s not quite enough Jedi to run a third Jedi team right now, at least I don’t see it. But being able to do both Jedi-only CMs was really nice. We’ve got 22 JMKs, so that’s a lot of extra points all of a sudden.

Marc Tessier and Themistocles like this.
  18. Marc Tessier

That's cool. I wonder whether QGJ would work in place of Ahsoka.

Some of Master Kenobi owners in my guild were reporting problems clearing waves although I don't know who they were using.

I ended up using JMK in the Special Mission under a Padme lead along with GK, JKA and Ahsoka. It was the first time I beat it, but it wasn't pretty. Only Padme and JMK were standing at the end.

Somehow I mucked up my squads for phase 1 and used JML, Jolee, Hoda, JKR and Bastila in the LS combat mission in the southern territory instead of the Jedi combat mission. It left me short for the Jedi combat mission in the central territory. I also used Shaak with JKL, so ended up using Rey and the 501st clones for the LS combat mission in the central territory. We still don't grab a star in the central, so completing the special mission was probably more important than clearing 4 waves.

19. Electricboa

It could have been who they were using, but I wouldn’t discount how much KAM brought to the table for me. I was reliably able to get to JMK’s ultimate fairly quickly with all the assists. And all those attacks let me mow down the B2s. I can see how that could become a problem if you couldn’t clear them as quickly and if the ultimate took longer to charge.

On top of that, my JMK is pretty fast. That let me get damage immunity on Aayla fairly quickly and often. My Aayla is only 239 speed. She’s mainly modded to stun more than anything. The fact the AI targeted her and I could protect her meant I got some free hits.

As far as Qui-Gon, I’m not sure. I would need to remod mine because he’s weaker than Aayla. I wouldn’t want to call him in to assist. If I really had to take Ahsoka out, I would probably have to consider gearing Barriss and putting her in.

But let’s say I keep Padme’s team intact and give her CAT. So:

Padme (L), Ahsoka, JKA, GK, and CAT​

I think that has a good shot at clearing the special mission. Using GAS in place of CAT, I’ve been able to beat it several times before. Even without GAS, I could get to the last wave normally. I’d just have to save CAT’s one-shot if I could only use it once.

I prefer to use Shaak Ti with my clones because of the healing. GAS just doesn’t give them the sustainability, so he becomes a free agent. I’m happy with the JML team I listed above, so they can stay the same. That would let me do something like this with JMK:

JMK (L), GAS, GMY, KAM, and Aayla​

I wouldn’t get as many assists, but the increased damage with GAS might make up for that. I don’t have Rey, so my last team would be CLS Rebels, which can clear 4/4 with a little luck.

P2 is probably where I’d need Barriss. GAS and Ahsoka get used for their mission, so Padme and JMK have to work with non-ideal teams.

20. Electricboa

I tried Qui-Gon in P2 under JMK, replacing Ahsoka, and only got 3/4. He was way too fragile. Aayla and Qui-Gon were both targets, so I couldn’t protect both of them and eventually lost both in wave 3.

Maybe . . . and I mean maybe Mace. My though process is JMK has tanks taunt when they have protection, but no taunt. I could use Mace purely to put damage immunity on and keep taunting. I’m still very skeptical if that would work.

If not, I’m looking at taking Ahsoka or GK away from Padme or gearing up Barriss. You figure with KAM, Barriss gets a little extra damage and her unique would help keep the team alive. After CAT, I might just go ahead and do Barriss.

There is no way the team I used for P2 would have gotten 3/4 without KAM.

There is one thing I did realize this time that I had somehow missed in P1. Since JMK prevents TM gain, that effectively makes the B2s dead weight. I usually have to target them first, but with JMK, I can ignore them. I actually tried a similar strategy with for the GAS/Ahsoka mission and got 4/4. They don’t use buffs, so when B2 attacks, it would just get countered to death.