1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

[​IMG]

UNIT NAME: Jedi Master Kenobi
    ALIGNMENT: Light Side
    CATEGORIES: Attacker, Leader, Galactic Legend, Galactic Republic, Jedi
    Renowned Jedi Master that provides damage and support through a diverse set of abilities.

ABILITIES:

Basic: ARDENT BLADEWORK

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage to target enemy and, if the target was Dark Side, inflict Ability Block for 1 turn (excludes Galactic Legends). The weakest Light Side ally without Defense Penetration Up gains it for 2 turns. If this ability is used during Jedi Master Kenobi's turn, he gains 9% Ultimate Charge.

Special 1: I WILL DO WHAT I MUST (Cooldown 2)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Vulnerable and Healing Immunity for 2 turns, which can't be dispelled or resisted. Call target Light Side ally to assist, dealing 50% more damage. If Jedi Master Kenobi was selected, he is not called to assist and instead gains 12% Ultimate Charge, doubled if he is the Leader, and this ability deals 50% more damage on subsequent uses (stacking, max 10 stacks).

Special 2: HELLO THERE (Cooldown 5)

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Light Side allies recover 40% Health and Protection and gain Foresight and Tenacity Up for 3 turns. Galactic Republic and Light Side Unaligned Force User allies gain Protection Up (20%) for 2 turns. Target other Galactic Republic ally gains Damage Immunity for 1 turn, which can't be dispelled, and their cooldowns are reset (excludes granted abilities).

Jedi Master Kenobi gains 1% Ultimate Charge (max 30%) for each buff on all Light Side allies.

Leader: HARMONIOUS WILL

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) All Light Side allies have +25% Mastery, +30 Speed, and +25% Max Health. Galactic Republic allies gain Protection Up (75%, can't be dispelled) for 4 turns.

While Jedi Master Kenobi has the High Ground, Light Side allies take 20% less damage, ignore Taunt, resist all debuffs, and Jedi Master Kenobi is called to assist when a Galactic Republic ally uses an ability during their turn.

At the start of battle if all allies are Light Side, Galactic Republic allies can't be Critically Hit while they have Protection Up, Galactic Republic Tanks gain Taunt for 2 turns at the start of each encounter if they did not have it, and when they lose Taunt they gain it for 2 turns if they have Protection but did not have Taunt. At the start of battle if all allies are Galactic Republic or Light Side Unaligned Force Users, the first time another ally reaches 1% Health, they dispel all debuffs on themself, recover 50% Health and Protection, and gain Protection Up (50%) for 2 turns.

Whenever another Light Side ally uses a Basic ability, Jedi Master Kenobi gains 3% Ultimate Charge, doubled if it was during their turn.

Jedi allies' Armor Penetration is doubled when targeting a Sith enemy. Enemies and allies are immune to Turn Meter manipulation (excludes raid bosses).

Unique 1: MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Jedi Master Kenobi ignores Taunt during his turn.

When another Light Side ally targets Jedi Master Kenobi with an ability, dispel all debuffs on him and he gains Mastery (stacking) equal to 10% of their current Mastery for the rest of the encounter. When Jedi Master Kenobi targets another Galactic Republic or Light Side Unaligned Force User ally with an ability, dispel all debuffs on them and they gain Mastery (stacking) equal to 20% of his current Mastery for the rest of the encounter. These effects can't be triggered by granted abilities.

When a Galactic Republic ally attacks out of turn, all Galactic Republic allies recover 2% Health and Protection and call the weakest other Light Side ally to assist dealing 20% less damage (limit once per turn).

Unique 2: GALACTIC LEGEND

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) This unit takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects and massive damage effects. They take massive damage from destroy effects (excludes raid bosses) and are immune to stun effects.

This unit has +10% Max Health and Max Protection per Relic Amplifier level, and damage they receive is decreased by 30%.

ULTIMATE: IT'S OVER

[​IMG]

FINAL TEXT:Requires 50% Ultimate Charge to activate.

Ultimate Charge: Jedi Master Kenobi gains Ultimate Charge when he uses his abilities. If Jedi Master Kenobi is the Leader, he also gains 3% Ultimate Charge when another Light Side ally uses a Basic ability, doubled during their turn.

Dispel all debuffs on Light Side allies. All other Light Side allies gain a percentage of Mastery (stacking) equal to the amount of Ultimate Charge used with this ability, doubled at 100% Ultimate Charge, until the end of the encounter.

If less than 100% Ultimate Charge was used, Jedi Master Kenobi gains the High Ground buff for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. All Galactic Republic allies gain Protection Up (20%) for 3 turns which can't be dispelled or prevented.

If 100% Ultimate Charge was used, Jedi Master Kenobi gains the High Ground buff for 5 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. All Light Side allies recover 60% Health and Protection, and all Galactic Republic allies gain Protection Up (50%) for 3 turns which can't be dispelled or prevented.

High Ground: Deals 35% more damage with out of turn attacks; +100% Counter Chance; -35% Speed; can't gain Ultimate Charge

Marc Tessier likes this.
  2. Electricboa

It certainly looks like a complex kit. Off the top, he’s an attacker, which I wasn’t expecting. That actually has the potential to ruin KAM’s unique. Let’s say you use KAM, CAT, and JMK on your team—all are attackers. Depending on if you want to use KAM as a tank or go with GK, which hurts your Padme team, that’s another non-support or healer unit. Would it really be worth KAM just for GMY?

The fact you have more control over the ultimate is nice, but likely that the AI will not know how to use it. It looks like a kit where you have to pick and choose when you do something, which is not normally the AI’s strong point.

Overall, it looks like the kind of kit that has to be tested to see how good it is rather than just on paper. The healing seems nice for LS Geo.

3. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

The kit looks awesome. Wish I could get him, but it will probably never happen with the relic 8 and Wat requirements. I’ll have to settle for watching other people use him.

Overall, he looks amazing

Marc Tessier likes this.
  4. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Chalk up another GL I need to throw in the queue! Maybe in 2023 ;)

Marc Tessier likes this.
  5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Long kits = great kits... if past experience is anything to go by.

My first impression is that he's going to hit his ultimate really quickly, especially if you choose to use it at 50% charge. Seems like a combo of Jedi Revan (Savior like mechanic), Padme (protection up/healing/assists), and GMY (giving foresight/tenacity up)

There's definitely tons of stuff going on with stacking mastery, loads of assists and plenty of health/protection recovery. He's also the first Jedi to have some sort of bonus that specifically applies to Sith. "Jedi allies have double the armor penetration when targeting Sith", which is baked into his leader ability. I'm curious whether this will allow Master Kenobi squads to defeat SEE easily. His first special "I Will Do What I Must" applies Healing Immunity, which I think will be important in preventing SEE from constantly recovering protection.

We're also going to want to use him with R7 and R8 toons based off the stacking mastery mechanic from his ultimate. Using "It's Over" at 100% charge will give 120 mastery to R8 characters -- GSky's gonna do insane amounts of damage, GMY too.

Master Kenobi looks like an offensive juggernaut. On defense, well as Boa said, we'll have to wait and see how the AI handles this complex kit.

Overall, looks fantastic and fun. Can't wait!

6. Themistocles

I am slightly worried about JMK hard blocking SEE teams. It seems like all the protection JMK teams get will make whittling down JMK teams harder to do while waiting for SEE's ultimate to charge. I could see a world in which you have to wait for SEE's ultimate to actually kill toons, all the while JMK's defense penetration is annihilating Sith team members wholesale, especially with CAT's opening one-kill providing an early 5 on 4 advantage...

Really hoping SLKR can put a dent in JMK somehow...

7. Laze

Laze Active Member

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I imagine the anti-crit mechanics probably aren’t great for SLKR either. I’m not too worried at this point, since few people in my shard will have a 7* Wat yet, so I can afford to be patient.

Some SEE owners in my guild were also concerned that CAT was a stealth buff to Rey, and might make her harder to beat.

8. Electricboa

Against SLKR, that crit immunity is going to slow it down in the beginning. That being said, I think the main issue with JML is the AOE ability block that shuts down the whole team. JMK can ability block with his basic, but that’s one character. And presumably the AI won’t use the basic to start things off. But once you get going, Kylo should be able to do enough damage.

For SEE, I’m not sure. Part of me definitely thinks the anti-Jedi synergy of SEE will overcome JMK. JMK’s leadership doubles armor penetration for Jedi against Sith, but SEE has Sith ignore Jedi armor entirely. Of course, then you look at Jedi vs Sith and there are much better Jedi in game right now. My guess is SEE will beat JMK on offense, but JMK might be able to beat SEE on offense.

9. Themistocles

Yeah I totally dont care if so-and-so can beat so-and-so on offense. With the way GLs are right now, pretty much everybody is beatable which is the way I prefer it. I just hope that no future GL gets so overpowered that it is a hard block on defense and you MUST therefore acquire said GL to stay relevant in the Squad Arena arms race...which I realize I am now a part of.

10. Electricboa

That’s pretty much what being at the top of arena is like. Really, you are kind of lucky to only deal with GLs. It might seem strange to say, but the ability for GLs to reasonably be able to beat each other is a vast improvement to what it used to be like.

I’ve been through pretty much every meta, and what you’re worried about happening was kind of the norm for quite a while. When JKR was meta, you basically had JKR or you could barely beat anyone. I missed him the first time and was stuck using CLS to climb against them, which sucked. Before that, it was the Sith Triumvirate. After that, it was DR. Basically each one would hard counter the last meta, so you constantly had to jump to the next meta to stay relevant.

And some metas, there was the added fun of mods largely determining whether you’d win even if you had the right team. I was almost always on the right side of that, but JKR meta was mostly defined by how much offense you could get on GMY. DR was all about speed to the point where if your mods were too slow, it might be impossible for you to win against some teams.

To be fair, each one of those metas had some kind of counter, but counters were only good for climbing. And if you fell out of the top 50, you would have to devote a lot of time and attempts to get back up each day.

At the very least, GLs seem to be in a pretty good place. Some are going to be ‘better’ than others, but as far as I know there’s some way for each one of them to beat the others. The worst is probably JML beating SEE, which requires special modding, but almost no one is just going to have JML so that’s not really a big concern.

All that being said, JMK is very likely to become the top GL. My assumption is the JMLs are going to mostly go away and be replaced. A more aggressive GL is likely going to be more effective on defense, and that’s over half the battle in arena. The big question is how many are actually going to have KAM. A lot of guilds still have a long way to go. It’s reasonable to think most people who can get JMK are getting some KAM shards, so they will get there eventually. It’s going to be a similar question with CAT, but I think it’s likely more people are going to get the max hard crate compared to KAM. So there’s going to be two tiers of JMKs out there. The ones with KAM and later CAT and the ones without. That very well might make the different for some teams being able to beat JMK.

Another small thing to consider is the stacking mastery with JMK’s first unique. GMY and GK will be R8 for the event and a lot of people have done GAS. I wonder if that’s going to incentivize people to R7 KAM or CAT.

11. Marc Tessier

Master Kenobi users are likely going to have to choose between KAM and CAT builds. KAM's unique applies only when all allies are GR Jedi. I suppose the pair will still work under JMK given the strength of his kit, but that would negate a huge part of KAM's kit. So maybe two main squads will emerge under JMK -- one with KAM, and another with CAT.

My plan is to get Master Kenobi up to R7 or R8. After that, I'll be gearing CAT, and I'll likely take her to R7. Right now, I'm thinking my arena squad will end up being JMK (lead), GSky, GK, GMY, and CAT.

GSky, GMY and GK are already R8. And Master Kenobi will be a minimum of R7. It will be hard not to take him to R8 if he's as good as he appears to be. Toss in CAT at R7 and there are a ton of damage dealers.

12. Electricboa

That’s something I’m not 100% sure about. KAM’s unique looks like there’s two parts. The first part requires Republic Jedi, which gives them a bunch of stats. The second part says Republic Jedi that are support or healers get 10% of their max health as offense. Unless I’m mistaken, the second part is independent of needing a full team of Republic Jedi. If that’s the case, we’re only comparing the first part of KAM’s unique to CAT’s unique:

CAT: +50% offense, +50% crit damage, +50% health, and +50% defense

KAM: +20% offense, +40% health, and +30 speed​

The only think KAM gives you that CAT doesn’t is speed. The offense and health is better for CAT. So as long as the second part of KAM’s unique stands, you should be generally better off using CAT.

My main concern is how much that second part of KAM’s kit is really going to help. KAM and JMK are attackers. If you use GK, he’s a tank. Let’s say you use CAT, she’s not a Jedi and is also an attacker. In that case, the only character really benefiting from the second part of KAM’s is GMY. Is it really worth it for just GMY? At R8, he could get a big attack boost, though JMK preventing TM manipulation really hurts his kit.

Outside of arena, KAM will definitely have more value, since you can give CAT and GK to Padme and go with a team like GMY, KAM, Barriss, Qui-Gon, and maybe Shaak Ti or Mace.

But I think that there will be a lot of people just using CAT since they won’t have KAM. I can see the team you’re thinking about being the best for the non-KAM team. Part of me wonders about throwing Barriss in there instead of GMY to make GK even more tanky. Though him spreading the buffs would really work well with JMK’s kit. Maybe replace GAS instead? He’s got amazing damage, but doesn’t really feed the synergy of the team otherwise.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  13. Themistocles

...y'all think CAT is worth the R7 to pair with JMK (or in my near term window, a Padme team)?

14. Electricboa

Without seeing her in action, I would say R7 is probably not required—especially for a Padme team. CAT can one-shot someone, so relic level won’t affect that. And most of the damage from a Padme team comes from courage. That being said, CAT looks like she had a good kit, so R5 is more or less my standard for good characters. It’s as high as you can go before the more expensive salvage comes into play.

For JMK, it’s harder to say. JMK’s kit builds up mastery quite a bit, so a higher relic level would give you more of an increase. That being said, R7 isn’t easy for anyone to do, so it might be a luxury relic. Kind of like the people who have an R7 JKR for their JML team. It is good, but it’s not needed.

On top of that, JMK doesn’t have a courage mechanic, so the damage will have to come from the characters themselves. Without seeing the team in action, there’s no real way to say if you would really want/need CAT at R7 for anything.

. . . And there’s no real guarantee that CAT will be the best choice for a JMK team. The general consensus is she will be—and I agree, but maybe that extra 30 speed really matters from KAM and CAT just gets left behind. There’s going to have to be some kind of trade-off because you’re limited to 4 characters outside of JMK. Most teams work best with a tank, so I think it’s reasonable to think GK will be there. It’s possible that the team can work without a tank, especially if someone has JKR, but let’s assume GK. Then you’re down to 3 spots. KAM and CAT are the big questions, so people are pretty much going to use one or both. So we’re down to 2 or 1 spots left. I think GMY is very likely to be good with JMK because of all the buffs. But there are a bunch of other Jedi, like GAS or Barriss. Maybe on defense you want Barriss to make GK tanky, but GAS on offense to do more damage.

There’s going to be a lot of interactions going on. I wonder if JMK is going to end up like SEE or Rey that have a bunch of variations or like Kylo or JML who only have one or two for their ‘ideal team(s)’

There’s also the possibility that JMK might work under a different leader. JMK’s ultimate is largely separate from his leadership, so I wonder what it would look like using him under a Padme team. Or maybe even a Barriss lead to increase their health even more.

15. Themistocles

Devil's advocate and we probably won't know until we see what stats scale up on CAT when we go from R5 and onwards...but with her stat sharing, wouldn't you want CAT at R7?

16. Electricboa

CAT shares her bonuses, not her stats. As an example, the +50% health is based on each character, so having CAT at R5 or R7 won’t matter to GK, since that 50% will be based on his health. She’s not like R2 or Chewpio, who share a percentage of their stats with the team.

Her mastery gives bonuses for crit chance, crit damage, and general damage. So if you’re talking about stacking mastery, like with JMK, then presumably you can get her to hit pretty hard. Not to mention Shien gives +50% stacking offense until it’s used again when the unit evades or is called in to assist. So there is potential for her to do a lot of damage.

For a Padme team, I’m not so sure. You’re going to do the bulk of your damage with courage. Shien is going to be insane when used with the regular Ahsoka. I’m just not sure if R7 is really going to make enough of a difference to make it worth the cost.

I guess a lot comes down to what your ultimate goal for her is. I can completely see her being MVP in the Nexu mission for LS Geo. Courage doesn’t matter there, so direct damage is incredibly valuable, which CAT brings to the table. Outside of that, I can see the extra health and defense making an R8 GK a brick wall. Even without it, an R8 GK makes life so much easier on missions compared to R7. Shien is great for OG Ahsoka, but it can also be used strategically with Padme for an emergency heal or something. That all frees up C-3PO to be used with CLS, if you have that team geared up.

Everything looks like she’s going to be amazing with Padme. I would R5 her without hesitation. R7, I would wait and see if there’s testing that justifies it. And there will be testing because whether you have Padme or JMK, she’s going to be tried in both teams.

Themistocles likes this.
  17. Marc Tessier

If you're the gambling type, I'd say R7 is also worth it because there is a strong chance we get a GL version of Ahsoka at some point. And you just know CAT at R7 or R8 will be required.

18. Marc Tessier

I agree that Master Kenobi will be used differently depending on the game node. His versatility will prove highly useful given the number of Galactic Republic characters we have to work with. JMK and KAM (if your are fortunate enough to have him) are pretty much a lock to be in the same squad for LS Geo TB. Adding Barriss is intriguing, perhaps in TW/GAC.

As for the ideal Arena squad, we'll have to wait and see.

At this point, I'm still kinda stunned I will be able to start JMK's event on its first day.

19. Electricboa

I think an Ahsoka GL is almost certain. But I also don’t think we’re going to get her until her TV series, which we don’t have a release date on. Given the shake up of them cancelling Rangers of the New Republic series, it might delay things. My assumption was Rangers would be 2022 and Ahsoka was going to be 2023. That would be a long time waiting for an R7 or R8 CAT to pay off. We’d probably have R10 by then.

Yeah, there are a lot of Republic units to work with. I wonder how Bad Batch or the 501st would do under JMK. His first unique calls in the weakest LS ally when Republic allies attack out of turn, and the 501st does that a lot. The perma-taunt on Fives might be an issue, though, but he’d get his own savior and if you make him really tanky with health or defense, it might be worth it. Bad Batch could be great, too.

Me, too. I just finished Bo-Katan, so I’m all finished. I just have to wait for the release. I may end up gearing KAM before JMK. I’m nearly done with his G12 gear. And since it’s going to take a while to unlock JMK, I can worry about his gear during that time I should be able to cover both well enough.

20. Electricboa

Gear list for JMK, if you need it right now before it goes on swgohgg:

[​IMG]

I don't want to say it looks good, since nothing requiring 700 Kyrotech pieces is good. But I shouldn't have any trouble taking him straight to G13 when I unlock him. My main concern now is getting the stuff for R8 for him. With Tech now farmable, I'm doing him Hunter and Dark Trooper all on LS nodes. It kind of works out nicely.

Marc Tessier likes this.