1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

How to Get a Jedi Rey Team

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Electricboa, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

In the second installment in our meta team guide, we’ll be talking about Rey (Jedi Training) teams. This guide assumes you’ve already read and/or completed your Titans team. If you haven’t, you can find that guide here.

Jedi Rey teams, as of the writing of this guide, are competing at the very top of the meta on mature arena shards. This basically means they are one of the best teams you can be using right now. The main obstacle lies in the difficulty of getting the characters needed. Unlike Commander Luke, Jedi Rey and her team revolves around Resistance and First Order characters. This guide is also going to differ from the other one in that we’re only going to be outlining how to get two characters.

The reason for this is Jedi Rey teams can vary wildly. The only three constants are these:

You should already have R2-D2 from getting CLS, so there’s no need to rehash that here. The fourth character is almost always General Kenobi, who was also covered on the other guide. The last spot is a wild card. There are many to choose from, each of which can drastically change how your team functions and holds on defense. Once we’ve gone over how to get Jedi Rey and BB-8, I will list some common Jedi Rey teams used in the arena.

Rey (Jedi Training)
    [​IMG]

Commonly known as Jedi Rey, RJT, or JTR, she is the key to making this team work and consequently they most difficult to get. Like CLS, Jedi Rey is a Hero’s Journey event, meaning you must have the following characters to 7 stars to complete it:

BB-8
    [​IMG]

Much like R2-D2’s relationship with Commander Luke, BB-8 is a Legendary character that is required to unlock Jedi Rey. For BB-8’s event, you are required to use any five First Order characters. Unlike Empire for R2, however, the list of First Order (FO) characters is limited. My recommendation is the following:

Phase 1

The first thing to do when working towards a Jedi Rey team is to work on the requirements for BB-8. I listed my recommendations for the team above. The good news here is you can actually get away with only gearing one character: Kylo Ren. If you gear him to G10+ and give him a Zeta, he is able to complete the BB-8 Legendary event pretty much on his own.

That being said, you would benefit from working on a First Order team. At the very least FO TIE Pilot (commonly known as FOTP) is a staple of the fleet arena. Kylo Ren (Unmasked) (commonly known as KRU) is also another formidable ship and arguably the easiest ship to farm in the game.​

Phase 2

Once you have BB-8, the next step is to work on the other Hero’s Journey requirements. Gear-wise, you will want to focus on Finn. Veteran Chewbacca should be G8. Everyone else you can get away with G7 or G8, but the lower the gear you have the more luck you will need to win. The most crucial thing will be to Zeta Finn’s Leadership ability. That will be key to beating the event and will continue to be useful on a Resistance team with Poe Dameron and Resistance Trooper.
    Zetas

Much like the Titans team, Jedi Rey teams usually require a few Zetas to be viable in the arena. Jedi Rey teams arguably need more Zetas to be used in the arena than Titans. For the purpose of this guide, we’re assuming you’ve read the other one so there’s no point in going over R2-D2 again. Also, I’m not going to be going over all of the various fifth members’ Zetas.

Rey (Jedi Training)
    [​IMG]

Inspirational Presence
    [​IMG]

This is vital to Jedi Rey teams because a lot of the damage they do is reliant on the Exposes that this Zeta leadership applies. Being able to reduce cool downs is very important and speeds up Illuminated Destiny considerably.
    Virtuous Protector
    [​IMG]

Much like Commander Luke’s Learn Control, this is the least critical of the three. The difference here is it will passively benefit you all the time on offense or defense. This comes in especially handy when another Jedi Rey attempts to Mind Trick you.
    Insight
    [​IMG]

Another key Zeta here. You want to keep Rey from being damaged as often as possible so she can gain these damage bonuses. The Health and Protection recovery is also important for longevity.
    BB-8
    [​IMG]

Roll with the Punches
    [​IMG]

Critical to have under a Jedi Rey. When she calls in BB-8 to assist, this will enable him to call in another Resistance ally (including Jedi Rey herself) to assist. This multi-attack chain combined with the Exposes from Jedi Rey’s leadership are where the bulk of your damage is going to come from.
    Self-Preservation Protocol
    [​IMG]

This is the least important Zeta of the bunch, unless you’re using a mostly Droid team. The Health and Protection recovery is useful when it is just R2 and BB-8, but will not likely turn the tide of any battles. With more droids, the value of this Zeta goes up because you will be healing all of them.​

Team Compositions

Jedi Rey (L), BB-8, R2-D2, General Kenobi, and Grand Admiral Thrawn
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is probably the most utilized team, since most people who were able to get Jedi Rey the first time already had Thrawn in the wings. He's a master of control and makes any team he is on better.​

Jedi Rey (L), BB-8, R2-D2, General Kenobi, and Han Solo

Raid Han adds a level of unpredictability on defense, since he can stun someone on your team and really mess up your strategy. On offense, you can use hims to strategically side-line someone. The increased damage is also helpful. The only drawback here is Raid Han doesn't have the high counter chance that he does under a CLS lead.​

Jedi Rey (L), BB-8, R2-D2, General Kenobi, and Old Ben

Old Ben adds a second tank to the mix as well as the frustration of Mind Tricking the other team. This was originally thought to be the 'best' Jedi Rey team, but ends up at a disadvantage against other Jedi Rey teams because Rey can Mind Trick him. That essentially nullifies Old Ben and makes him dead weight. Against other teams, however, it can be effective.​

Jedi Rey (L), BB-8, R2-D2, General Kenobi, and Scavenger Rey

The double Rey team is designed to do massive damage. Scavenger Rey can take advantage of Jedi Rey's leadership and become a deadly force. Again, this is more effective against non-Jedi Rey teams, as Mind Trick can shut Scavenger down.​

Jedi Rey (L), BB-8, R2-D2, General Kenobi, and Chopper

Another double tank, but this time utilizing BB-8's droid synergy. For this team, you would want to Zeta BB-8's Self-Preservation Protocol. This is a deceptively effective team, with the added benefit of Chopper being a relatively easy character to gear.

Jedi Rey (L), BB-8, R2-D2, General Kenobi, and Commander Luke

This team utilizes CLS because he's arguably the most versatile character in the game. He can be very potent on offense, but on defense will struggle against other Jedi Rey teams because of their Foresight.​

Jedi Rey (L), BB-8, R2-D2, General Kenobi, and Admiral Holdo

Admiral Holdo is (at the moment I'm writing this) a premium character, since she cannot be farmed. Her kit brings a Resistance tank to the team, which can take advantage of Jedi Rey's leadership, as well as a character that can heal. She has potential, but probably only feasible for whales just now.​

Jedi Rey (L), BB-8, R2-D2, General Kenobi, and Mother Talzin

Mother Talzin works on a lot of teams because of how insidious Plague can be. The Plague mechanism also has good synergy against teams that cleanse, since it prevents that. The biggest issue would be getting her. She is supposed to become farmable soon, but as of now we do not know where she will go.​

Jedi Rey (L), BB-8, R2-D2, Chopper, Imperial Probe Droid

This is similar to the other Chopper team, but carried to the nth degree. BB-8's Self-Preservation Protocol is pretty much mandatory here. Unfortunately, the Imperial Probe Droid is behind the Dark Side Territory wall, where you need a guild with lots of Imperial Trooper teams to get Shards.​

No one team is inherently better than another. In fact, they can pretty much always beat one another and any other team, with the exception of Nightsisters. Nightsister teams can be tricky, but they themselves are vulnerable to Imperial Troopers, Chaze (Chirrut and Baze) teams, and this particular Jedi Rey team:

Jedi Rey (L), BB-8, R2-D2, Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Han Solo

This team is especially good against any Talzin-led Nightsister team, whether they use General Kenobi or not. The idea is you use Raid Han to stun Talzin, causing GK to taunt. Use Rey's Mind Trick to remove the taunt from Zombie and Fracture General Kenobi with Thrawn. The high damage from Raid Han and control from Thrawn and Rey let you do enough damage to the Nightsister team that they fall before Plague can overwhelm you.​

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Kevthejedi, SumiXam and Marc Tessier like this.
  2. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

That's a great picture of Rey. :)

And, as always, a nice write up.

3. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Rewrote the guide in an effort to be more clear

4. SR-71 Blackbird

SR-71 Blackbird Active Member

I did the BB-8 event with a very different team from the recommended one in the guide (For example, no Zetas), and Boa recommended that I post my team here because some of the characters I used were not available at the time this guide came out. All mods are level 15 unless otherwise noted

My team was -
    -Kylo Ren - Gear level 8, level 85, with 3 two dot mods, and 3 one dot mods. Had Ragged Cut, Unstoppable, and Lash Out maxed w/ omegas, and Outrage taken up to the level below the Zeta.
    - First Order Executioner - Gear level 10, level 80, all five dot mods. Judgement was maxed, while Death Sentence was at level 4 and Total Order at level 3.
    - Kylo Ren Unmasked - Gear level 8, level 85, with 1 two dot mod, and 1 one dot mod. Aggressive Strike and Scarred were level 7, Halt and Focused Strike were both at level 6, and Merciless Pursuit was level 4.
    -Captain Phasma - Gear level 8, level 76, with 5 five star mods (all at level 1). Fire at Will was at level 7, Onslaught was at level 6, Victory March was at level 5, and Fusillade was at level 3.
    -First Order Officer - Gear level 8, level 76, with no mods. Capitalize, Marching Orders, and Pinning Shot were all at level 3.

Strategy - Your MVP, assuming the AI for you plays the same way it played for me, will be FOX. The AI will target Kylo Ren very quickly, so make use of him while he is still alive. Use your entire team to take out Rey! She must be taken out first! Then target Han, Chewbacca, Finn, and BB-8 in that order. I ended up with FOX vs BB-8 and Finn, and ended up winning with half his health left. If you need a little bit more to put you over the top, upgrade Total Order on FOX, so he gets an offense boost as a percentage of his max health. With FOX's basic fully upgraded, pretty much every hit will be a critical and give you advantage, as well as boost your health. That extra health will boost your offense, which lets you hit harder, and the cycle continues. Also, you could put more/better mods on as well. I was just trying to see how far I had to go to beat the event, and ended up surprising myself by beating it on my second try, hence the horrible mods on most of the First Order team.

5. NoNames

NoNames Member

I got BB8 with:
    FOTP - G12, levels 8, no zetas
    KRU - G10, levels 8, no zetas
    Kylo Ren - G10, levels 8, no zetas
    phasma - G8, levels 7
    FO Stormtrooper - levels
    All had 5* mods. But no speeds.

Got it on first try. Only lost Phasma. Don’t remember exact strategy, but targeted Rey and Finn first. Vet Cheey was last one to take out.