1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

How to do zero damage in Heroic Rancor

Discussion in 'Guides' started by costahd, Jul 10, 2017.

1. costahd

costahd Member

This is for sure something easy, but how many times didn't happen to you see a new guild member asking how to do ?
    If you are that guy who just join for first time a guild which does Heroic Rancor and you find this then you will know how.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=38XIn00xCF8

If you are a guild officer or leader you can put this video in Line (in Notes) or Discord (pin message) to show it every time a new member join.

Cheers!

2. costahd

costahd Member

3. Tartarus

Tartarus New Member

I apologize for necroposting. I am fairly new to this game and I am intrigued with this thread. Why would someone want to do zero damage in Rancor and Tank raids?

4. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

It's so players can get on the leader board and get rewards. With the Rancor able to be soloed in less than 10 minutes, most guilds have a 24 hour, 0 damage rule so members can essentially "register" for raid rewards. I actually attack the Rancor maybe once every other week when I have time, but I always get raid rewards because I do a zero damage attack during the no damage time period.

Tartarus and Kevthejedi like this.
  5. Tartarus

Tartarus New Member

I see. Thank you for the fast response Sumi!

6. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Powerful guilds will also have a 24-hour, 0 damage rule for the Tank raid now since they will have many members who can clear multiple phases on their own.

For example, my guild ran a Heroic Tank raid that started 4 hours ago. It was over in 2 hours. The top two scores were over 20 million. I did 17 million in damage, which was 9% of phase 2, all of phase 3 and 21% of phase 4. I stopped trying in P4 and put in on auto.

So, as Sumi said, the 0 damage rule allows most guild members to register and collect some rewards. The idea is that since every member contributes tickets to raids, everyone should have a chance to get rewards. And, of course, more rewards for the guild means it grows stronger faster.

Tartarus likes this.
  7. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

At this point it would be nice if the QoL update just auto registered everyone in raids at 0 damage, so that everyone gets rewards once it is completed. I think our entire guild is capable of clearing the rancor now and where you rank is just a lottery on where your full clear will be placed. For AAT I think only 11 people even hit it in our last raid because once it is opened it is cleared within an hour or 2.

8. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, it mostly is determined by how quickly you can beat the raids. If you actually need the 2 days to win, then there's no sense in imposing a damage embargo. But one you start beating it fast enough, it's important to make sure everyone gets something. Some guilds have additional rules for the Rancor. Ours has 1 attack per person after the 24 hour 0 damage period and anyone soloing it has to wait 30 min. to post the damage. That way, more people have a chance to get in some damage if they want. If we didn't do that, the Rancor would be dead 8-10 min. after it's open for damage, and that's from one attack.

Tartarus likes this.