1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Heroic Sith Raid

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Dagor, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I don't see that there is really a guide on this key part of late game progression, so I figured I'd get something started here. This will be a work in progress and I'll be adding to it over time since I can't access some of the materials I would want here at work.

Raid Background
    The Sith Triumverate Raid is currently the endgame raid for guilds in SWGOH. It is a four phase raid where you fight each of the three raid bosses individually first in each of the first 3 phases before fighting all three together for the final phase. This raid is currently not able to be solo'd from start to finish, nor are there any teams that can reliably solo individual phases at this point (they are fixing the zFinn/C3PO Phase 3 team, so I'm ignoring them for purposes of this guide). The raid is based on Traya's training temple from the KOTOR 2 era and all three raid bosses are mentioned in the KOTOR 2 game at some point. All three are also available as playable characters with Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus available from hard nodes and Darth Traya available as an unlock through the Heroic difficulty of this raid similar to the way Han Solo (Rancor) and General Kenobi (Heroic AAT) are unlocked.

Phase I
    Darth Nihilus is the raid boss for the first phase. He is accompanied by two sith allies, a Sith Assassin and a Sith Marauder. These side allies can be called with one of Darth Nihilus' abilities so they will return periodically when you kill them. They aren't particularly deadly, but the Sith Assassin can stealth and her attacks while stealthed will hit your health pool directly without first depleting your protection and they need to be killed before Nihilus uses Feed the Void to avoid him healing protection and accelerating Annihlate. Nihilus' abilities all ignore protection. Basic attacks will actually restore his protection through his Protection Drain passive ability. He also will dispel buffs on his basic attack and apply Defense down when attacked. When he takes damage, he gains 30 speed and 50% tenacity (stacking) until the next turn.

Darth Nihilus has several active abilities.
    • Drain Force on a 2 turn cooldown. This ability will hit each of your characters, deal moderate damage and will attempt to increase the cooldown on your character's abilities and, if it is able to, reduce Nihilus' coodldowns.
    • Annihilate will instantly defeat one of your characters. This ability has a long cooldown of 8 turns, but can be reduced through Force Drain.
    • Ceaseless Craving is his basic attack. This attack dispels all buffs on its target and transfers those buffs to Nihilus.
    • Feed the Void first tries to leech protection from any allied adds that are present and if he's able to, it reduces the cooldown on Annihilate as well. Then he will summon up to 2 minions to join him to replace any that are dead.
    To help your team deal with these abilities, your team will periodically have the use of the raid ability "Unbreakable Will" which allows a character to survive Annihilate or being reduced below 1 HP for the duration of the buff, which lasts until that character takes a turn. The character effectively gains stealth (all enemies MUST attack this character), has -10% speed and can't gain or loss TM through effects.

The most common team that is used for this phase is Rey (Jedi Training), BB-8, R2-D2, Resistance Trooper, and Rey (Scavenger). The general idea here is to spread foresight effectively with R2, BB-8, and JTR such that Nihilus cannot reduce Annihilate's Cooldown through Force Drain and he has to rely on natural turns instead. R2's most important contributions are probably his self cleanse on crit and his smoke screen. His Improvise ability can be helpful to apply Expose as well. BB-8 is useful to spread foresight and Illuminated Destiny for massive damage increases. Resistance Trooper is there for damage and dispels. Rey (Scavenger) is there for damage. Rey (Jedi Training) is there for TM manipulation, dispels, and her leadership abilities. This team when modded and geared appropriately can do anywhere from 4%-10% damage in the heroic version of the fight. This amounts to between 2.5m damage to around 8m on the high end. There is some RNG that comes into play between the two, but practice makes for better runs.

Phase II
    Darth Sion is the raid boss in Phase II. His unique mechanic is called Cycle of Pain. At the end of each turn, each unit that damaged an enemy has a 50% chance to gain a stack of Cycle of Pain (max 5 stacks). Once it reaches 5 stacks, it becomes Cycle of Suffering. Cycle of Pain gives 20% offense per stack, Cycle of Suffering gives 150% offense. In addition, Sion gains 5% offense for each stack of Cycle of Pain present and 50% offense for each Cycle of Suffering present on any units. When attacked, Sion has 10% chance to counter attack per stack of Cycle of Pain on the attacker (60% if they have Cycle of Suffering).
    In addition, whenever he takes damage, he gains stacking 50% tenacity until the end of his next turn. And he has 100% defense and is immune to TM reduction. Darth Sion calls Sith Assassin and Sith Marauder allies throughout the fight. Just like the previous phase, they are relatively harmless, but you will want to kill them so they don't gain the stacking Cycles of Pain or the Offense up buffs. They can make your life hell if you leave them too long.

Active abilities:
    • Dark Rage is his basic, it deals damage and has a 25% chance to inflict 1 stack of Cycle of Pain
    • Torment is an aoe, has a short cooldown and will reduce each unit's TM by 2% per stack of Cycle of Pain or 15% if the unit has Cycle of Suffering.
    • Menacing Presence is his taunt. This has a moderate cooldown and gives him Taunt. While taunting, all enemies have a 25% chance to gain a stack of Cycle of Pain when they deal damage to Sion
    • Held by Hatred this ability gives himself and all his allies Offense up and summons up to 3 allies. His next attack after using this ability will do 50% more damage as well.
    While in this phase, your characters gain a special ability called Soothe which will dispel all stacks of Cycle of Pain or Cycle of Suffering on that unit with a 4 turn cooldown.

There are several teams that work for this phase and the general strategy is the same for all of them. The basic strategy is to allow your attackers to stack up Cycle of Pain until it reaches Cycle of Suffering level to maximize their damage, while cleansing the stacks periodically from your support and tank characters to keep Sion's damage and speed down as long as you can. Popular teams that utilize this strategy are First Order teams, Bounty Hunter teams, Imperial Troopers, and Jedi. Some popular attacks to focus on are Wampa, Princess Leia, Snowtrooper, and Grand Master Yoda. Most of the non-Revan teams can average between 1m and 4m damage depending on gear and luck.

Revan teams are the main exception to the above strategy. With the foresight spam, you can actually ignore the Cycle of Pain/Suffering mechanic entirely with this team and just allow everyone to gain the full debuff if you choose. Grand Master Yoda will be your star but Bastila and Revan will contribute strong damage as well. Total damage can be as high as 18m with god mods, with more tame mods, you will see anywhere from 8m to 12m damage.

2. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I'll edit this post to add Phase III and Phase IV

3. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Looking good. I would also add that the Sith Assassin can increase their TM, making her more of a threat because she can speed up the boss to enrage more quickly. Marauder isn't as big of a threat, but I would always recommend taking out the Assassin when she's up.

4. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I'll add that when I get home tonight and work on the second half.