1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Help with roster (level 74)

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by DMaul, Mar 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. DMaul

DMaul New Member

Hi all,

I've recently (within the last month) returned to the game following a 3-ish year hiatus, and can't believe how much the game has changed. I think I'm just about caught up on everything, and am looking for some advice as to what direction I should take - I'm not really interested in starting again so any advice for my current situation would be great.
    Currently, my best characters are from a team that used to get me to the high 200s in Squad Arena, but now can't even break the 1000 threshold (IG-88/86, Poggle, Geonosian Soldier and Luminara).

Here is my roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/371721458/

I'm aware of the benefits that the 'Phoenix Squad' can bring to a roster, enabling you to unlock Palp and Thrawn, but at level 74, is this really the way to go?
    If it bears any relevance, I quite like the look of teams that run some combination of Sion, Nihilus, FBastilla, etc, but obviously haven't unlocked the nodes to farm Sion or Nihilus yet.

All help is appreciated.

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I hate to say it, but starting over would be the best advice I could give. You account doesn’t really have anything of real value in terms of marquee characters. A significant portion of this game is about resource management and the fastest way to speed that up is through the arena. The more crystals you earn there, the quicker you grow. Unfortunately, your arena is set by when you started playing. If you’ve been gone for around 3 years, then you started near the beginning of the game. That means you have pretty much no chance in the arena. Maybe in 2 or 3 years you could have a shot, if you got lucky with the metas, but it really isn’t worth it. Starting over would give you a chance to be put into a fresh arena and you could leverage your own experience, as well as advice from here, to rank pretty high. You’d fairly quickly pass what you have now.

If you do decide to stick with what you have, expect everything to take a lot longer because you won’t have any real shot at arena crystals. You could literally take 6 months or more farming a single character. I actually know someone in a similar position to you and I’ll copy what I sent him:

All that being said, Phoenix is still your best path no matter what you do. As I pointed out, you’d be giving up arena pretty much entirely, so you level won’t matter much. Thrawn and Palpatine will be how you get R2 and CLS.

Sion and Nihilus aren’t going to be viable options for you. They’re both located on LS and DS 9A hard, which requires a pretty well geared team to beat. New characters might make it easier, but the rule of thumb before was at least a full G11 team to even have a chance. Starting over, you could probably get to farming them in maybe a year. With your current account, I’d be shocked if you did it in less than 2 years. And Traya would be a lot further out because guilds that can do the Heroic Sith raid usually want at least 2 or 2.5 million GP with the right characters. I can’t even begin to guess how long it would take with your current account.

Kevthejedi likes this.
  3. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

For perspective, Warrior's F2P Scissorman account is level 79 after 9 weeks of playing, getting top 10 in both arena's, and is more focused to naturally grow faster and stronger. The video's are long, but worth having a look at - in 9 weeks or less you could surpass your current account and have a much better foundation to keep growing, and ultimately get more enjoyment out of the game.