1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

GR Fleet or Separatist Fleet?

Discussion in 'Squad Help' started by jwall157, Aug 24, 2020.

?

Which fleet?

1. Galactic Republic (Negotiator)

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Separatist (Malevolence)

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

One other thing to point out, especially if you're a Costco member (or know one), you can often find apple or google play gift cards on sale for usually $75-80 for $100 worth of gift cards. If you can find a deal like this, it makes it an even better deal for the Hyperspace bundle. Consider that I bought it for my account (I was at like 5.4m gp at the time if memory serves me correctly) because even if none of the character and ship unlocks and level bump were relevant for me, the gear that came with it was more than worth the $100 when you consider the crystal cost required to buy that gear (and the $ cost to buy that many crystals). I think we did the math and you got somewhere around $200 worth of gear if you were to buy the crystals and then use those crystals to buy the gear that you get for it. And that's not even considering the zetas and other things that you can't buy with crystals.

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Eh, Hermit Yoda probably isn’t the best idea. He’s a great character, but he uses the same currency you will need to take Malak from 5 stars to 7 when you eventually unlock him. Malak unlocks at 5 stars and I think you get 5 extra shards over that. So you’re going to need to buy the rest of his shards from the Gould Events store for 380 a shard. That’s 68,400 GET I currency you’re going to need to finish Malak.

And if you want to look even longer term, GAS actually is the same as Malak. You unlock at 5 stars and have to buy the rest. So that’s another 68,400 you’re going to need down the line. Wampa and Hoda are cheaper to farm per shard. Considering how long it can take to save up that much, even if you’re only looking at Malak, it might not be the best idea to use it on Hoda.

Fair enough, I just figured I’d mention it as you would get the most out of it earlier. I’m not sure about simming the fleet nodes, though. I think you’re right, but it’s just been too long and I never really looked at it that closely. I had stopped spending anything by the time the bundle came out.

I remember a few people saying that, but I just could never bring myself to do it. If they gave shard shop currency for the characters, I probably would have seriously thought about it. Of course on top of the gear you get outright, you also get extra quests that give you more gear, if I recall correctly.

3. jwall157

jwall157 New Member

Hmm you’re right. I will want to get both GAS and Malak ASAP, I’ll farming the revans anyway, and GAS is kinda the end goal of farming separatists for Padme. Who would you recommend I use as a fifth in a Jedi team? JKA and Kenobi will stay with Padme.

4. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Quite a bit of free gear and zetas from those quest chains actually.

5. Themistocles

Themistocles Active Member

I'm using Ezra at G10+1 and he actually fares quite well. He is susceptible to the big hit himself, but he still hits like a truck at G10 and his assist call with my G12 zGMY is usually one of my go tos to clear somebody else out.

I'm in the same boat as you in that my GK is eventually going to go to future Padme, and I am GET I blocked with Malak and GAS for a long long time, so no Hoda for me for...at least a year I reckon.

6. jwall157

jwall157 New Member

@Themistocles definately. I’m not sure if I want to gear up Ezra, I’m not a big fan of the Phoenix faction, so I think I’ll go with Juhani when I get Revan. She should be an acceptable substitute until I can get someone better in there. I’m farming Dart Revan after JKR, so I may as well start now(my original plan says to farm her early as well). It’s been a while since I’ve been on this thread so I’m not sure if I’ve said this already, but I’m planning on getting a 5* C3PO to round out my Galactic Republic team. I already have 4 Ewoks at 5* (including Logray) but I haven’t farmed Chirpa yet. When I get JKR (Bastila + zaalbar at 5* and Jolee at 3 currently) Yoda will move over to them. Cheers