1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

    If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Geonosian Territory Battle

Discussion in 'General' started by Electricboa, Jun 27, 2019.

  1. Marc Tessier

    Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2016
    Messages:
    1,639
    Likes Received:
    266
    My guild ended up earning 26 stars with a GP of 230 million. The phase ended overnight for me, so not sure how close we got to grabbing another star in P4, where we went 2, 1, 2.

    We ended up getting 28 salvage for one of the finishers along with the other loot.

    Forgot to mention, only one player in the guild beat the Wat Tambor SM, so picked up just one Wat shard.
     
  2. Dagor

    Dagor Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2018
    Messages:
    503
    Likes Received:
    58
    We got 26 at 215ish million GP. We are in the same guild family as Boa's. We figured we should be able to pick up the star we missed in phase 2 and 3 pretty easily. I'm not sure if we've discussed skipping some platoons, but we may. Especially the cannon one. That ability was pure garbage. I'm a little torn on the rocket droid though. Yes, he does minimal damage and most of his abilities are resisted, but in my experience, he soaked up quite a bit of damage. He's critical to a good score in the Dooku+Asajj mission for example. Without him, I would have lost quicker in most cases in fights where I didn't go 4/4 and some of those I might have not finished the last phase without it.
     
  3. Electricboa

    Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2015
    Messages:
    2,523
    Likes Received:
    435
    ^That is true about the Dooku mission. I had forgotten about it. As long as you can get 6/6 stars in P1, there's no reason not to do it. If the Rocket Droid would cost you a star . . . I might lean towards skipping. Yes, it's probably necessary to the Dooku mission, but how many people have a well geared Dooku? Most of us have Ventress because of NS, but up until now there wasn't any need to have Dooku that high. The only time (besides the very beginning of the game) where he was meta was when evasion was king. Even then, most people I know went for Old Ben over Dooku.

    I took a look at Jedha and we have 19 at G12, 21 at G11, and the rest at G10 or below. I doubt it's possible to win with a anything less than G11 anyway. The funny thing is most people who have a Zeta on him also have him at G11. Only 10 in total have Zetas. Overall, that's still good enough that a Rocket Droid would have value. But if most people in a guild didn't have G11+ Dooku, then there would be less value.

    Personally, the Rocket droid was good to have for me, even if it was only to soak damage. Every hit on him was one less on characters that mattered. The Hailfire was just worthless, though. As-is, there is almost no situation where it's worth using. What they really need to do is lower the tenacity on enemies. I don't care if you have a full G13 roster, most DS characters rely on debuffs. Even Sep Droids need Target Lock. G13 doesn't magically add a ton of potency, so we would still lose with Sith, Empire, NS, etc.

    To me, lower tenacity would make the Rocket droid better, since his specials would actually do something. And the Hailfire attack would actually make a difference. As it is now, CG has gotten obsessed with trying to prevent loops and TM reduction by jacking up the tenacity on anything and everything they can get their hands on. That isn't a solution when you design whole teams around landing debuffs. And both the droid and the Hailfire need to do more damage. How about something like Hoth where it takes a percent of the the target's max health? That would matter a lot more in Geonosis where they have insane health numbers.
     
  4. Dagor

    Dagor Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2018
    Messages:
    503
    Likes Received:
    58
    Regarding tenacity, I don't think they actually have higher than usual tenacity. I'm pretty certain that the true problem lies in their level. The later stages of each battle (3/4, 4/4, etc) had level 93+ characters. In the 4th phase, the first stage of those missions had level 92+ characters in them. That's 7+ levels higher than our characters at present. That would be the true cause of the resists in my opinion. Try taking a level 75 character in to rancor or tank and try to land debuffs. That said, I'm willing to bet that we see a level cap increase later this year and CG knew it was coming, so they built it into the difficulty of this event at launch so that it doesn't immediately become trivial later this year when the level cap increases. I would venture a guess that the level cap will increase along side the release of the LS version of the Geo battle.

    The last level increase was back in 2016, almost 3 years ago, so it makes total sense that they are ready to move the goalpost a little bit here. It also gives them room to gate future G13 gear behind the level increase (similar to how they now gate G12 behind 7* and they do have other gear pieces gated behind levels for people that aren't capped out). The smart money would say to hoard credits from this point forward as much as you can. You know that next 5 levels (assuming they just raise the cap to level 90) will be spendy just like 80-85 scales up the cost quickly.
     
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  5. Electricboa

    Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2015
    Messages:
    2,523
    Likes Received:
    435
    As far as I am aware, level doesn’t have any influence on debuffs. It’s purely a function of potency, tenacity, and base chances. None of that gets affected by leveling someone up. Those are set percentages that don’t change. The only thing they could do is limit gear levels, but that’s not an issue with G13.

    So as it stands now, they could increase the level cap to 120 and we still couldn’t apply debuffs. Now, a level increase would help with our health, defense, and damage, which is likely. But a team like NS will never get better because they rely on Plague to win.
     
  6. Dagor

    Dagor Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2018
    Messages:
    503
    Likes Received:
    58
    Hmm, I'm not sure on that one. I would have assumed based on years of these types of interactions that level would also have some sort of influence on these things. Not because you gain damage or potency as you level up, but that there is an innate penalty to potency the further the level gap between the combatants. I suppose that would be something for CG to disclose to be sure though because there isn't any way for us to really test this theory. I suppose the only way would be to take a level 80 character into something like sith raid or tank raid, but those raids also have high tenacity by default, so it would be hard to determine the actual cause of a resist.
     
  7. Electricboa

    Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2015
    Messages:
    2,523
    Likes Received:
    435
    That shouldn’t the base chance is just that—it never changes. You always have a 15% chance to resist no matter what. Everything else is determined by potency and tenacity. That does assume 100% chance to apply. Anything less, can add another hurdle.

    But there’s no reason you couldn’t use an under leveled character apart from survivability. Before Finn got changed, you could use a G8 Resistance team to beat meta teams. Level didn’t matter—only what your potency was.

    I don’t think you could really test it against the Sith raid because they have stacking tenacity. The more you hit them, the higher it goes. With the tank, there are a lot of debuffs that don’t apply to it, but I’m not sure what you could really test. You would need to have a character that could apply debuffs, survive long enough to do it, and not fully leveled yet.

    swgoh.gg has the code and nothing regarding debuffs is currently affected by level. It’s like speed. You can be level 50 and have the same speed when you level up to 85. The stat is independent. Right now, the only things you get are those multipliers (AGI, TAC, STR). Just like star count doesn’t affect speed. You don’t have a better chance to apply a debuff at 7 star than at 5 star.

    There’s always going to be the 15% chance to resist (unless the attack cannot be resisted). Outside of that, we’re at the mercy of the tenacity/potency formula. Right now, they have it jacked up so high that it’s impossible to win in P4. My Vader has 85% potency plus 35% from Palpatine’s leadership. I couldn’t get a single debuff in the last wave of P4. That means that those Clones have over 120% tenacity. In P3, I used Talzin as my NS leader and had trouble landing Plague in wave 3. Talzin’s leader gives +50% potency. I was able to get debuffs with Talzin, but she ended up with 133% potency. Even that was spotty. I got it on one of them and it spread itself. In P4, I used NS with Ventress lead. I struggled in wave 1 and my Talzin had 83% potency with Ventress as the leader.

    There is no way they can justify having that much tenacity on them. Who knows what P4’s wave 4 tenacity actually was in the end? Suffice it to say that it’s all but impossible to beat without over 120% potency. That pretty much requires a lead that increases potency, since that’s beyond what most are capable of.
     

Share This Page