1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Geonosian Brood Alpha Kit

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by SumiXam, Jun 18, 2019.

1. SumiXam

SumiXam Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

UNIT NAME: Geonosian Brood Alpha
    ALIGNMENT: Dark
    CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Support, Geonosian, Separatist, Leader
    Geonosian Support that swarms enemies with summoned allies and Hive Mind

ABILITIES:

Basic: Shield Bash
    [​IMG]
    Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them on a critical hit.

Special 1: Glaive Sweep (Cooldown 3)
    [​IMG]
    FINAL TEXT: Dispel all buffs on all enemies. Deal Physical damage to all enemies and Expose them for 2 turns. Then, remove 15% Turn Meter from debuffed enemies.

Special 2: Conscription (Cooldown 3)
    [​IMG]
    FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on all Geonosian allies. Summon a Geonosian Brute to battle if the ally slot is available, or if a Geonosian Brute is already present, he gains Critical Damage Up and Offense Up for 2 turns. Then, all Geonosian allies gain 15% Turn Meter and recover 35% Health and Protection.

Leader: Geonosian Swarm
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Geonosian allies have +15,000 Health and Protection, and +50% Health Steal. Geonosians allies recover 3% Protection when they use their Basic ability. Basic abilities of Geonosian allies deal 10% more damage for each buffed enemy.

Unique 1: Queen's Will
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Geonosian Brood Alpha has +60% Tenacity. All Geonosian allies have the Hive Mind buff while Geonosian Brood Alpha is active, which can't be dispelled or prevented. When another Geonosian ally is defeated, reduce the cooldown of Conscription by 1. At the start of the encounter, summon a Geonosian Brute who Taunts for 1 turn.

Hive Mind: Assist whenever another Geonosian ally uses an ability during his turn, dealing 50% less damage; equalize Health and Protection with Hive Mind allies whenever an enemy uses an ability

Unique 2: Geonosian Brute
    UNIT NAME: Geonosian Brute
    ALIGNMENT: Dark
    CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Geonosian, Separatist, Tank

Basic: Goading Strike
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Taunt for 1 turn.

Special 1: Swarm Tactics (Cooldown 4)
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and call all other Geonosian allies to assist.

Unique 1: Reckless Retaliation
    FINAL TEXT: Geonosian Brute has +25% Offense for each active Geonosian ally and +100% counter chance.

Unique 2: Summoned
    FINAL TEXT:
    • This unit's stats scale with the summoner's stats
    • This unit can only be summoned to the ally slot if it's available.
    • This unit can't be summoned in raids.
    • This unit can't be revived.
    • When this unit is defeated, it is not considered a defeated unit.
    • When there are no other allied combatants, this unit escapes from battle.
    • A unit can't be revived if this summoned unit exists in their slot.

SYNERGIES:
    [​IMG]

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I’ve probably been more excited for this one than anything else recently. My Geos are very well geared because of ships. Poggle is only G11, but getting him to G12 wouldn’t be too difficult. But everyone else is G12. Sun Fac has all his G12+ gear, too. But they end up doing nothing for me in TW/GA because they just aren’t good enough to stand on their own. The Alpha looks like that will change.

Of course, there’s the added benefit of already having them geared for the special mission to get Wat Tambor.

The one thing I do notice is this team is pretty much always going to lose to Padme. All those assists are going to fuel insane amounts of protection up.

3. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

Well, with it being put into Cantina Battles, looks like I've got a farm to get started.

Does anyone think the $30 pack is worth it for Brood Alpha?

4. Electricboa

I would say no. The rumor from beta testers is that we're pretty much going to need G12 and above to do anything decent in that mission. And that's a full G12 Geo team (probably). Maybe when we get reworks, it could be better. But for now, unlocking it early very likely won't help you do anything.

Besides, that pack should be like the CHS pack, we'll see it every time the TB comes around. So if it turns out you can win more easily, you could get it then. No sense in spending anything now until you have a feel for the event as a whole.

Edit: After seeing the difficulty, I would definitely say not to get the pack. For one, you need 6 stars to qualify, so the pack doesn't really help you that much. The gear could be useful, depending on your situation. But G12 seems to be the standard, especially when the Poggle mission in P1 forces to to use unreworked Geos. You're talking 7 star to have a chance. So that pack won't really make a difference with shards

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

My feeling is that shards are no longer that important. They've moved the goal posts to make gear the real bottleneck. Just farm Brood Alpha and you'll get there soon enough.

Of course, if you love the character and the bugs, then maybe it's worth it.

6. Electricboa

Well, I’m not sure I necessarily agree. Yes, gear is extremely important, but it seems like they’re designing more and more events to require G12, so 7 star characters are a tacit requirement. Even in Geo TB, you need everyone 6 star or above to even qualify. But at the same time, there were people with G12 Brood Alphas that couldn’t beat the Poggle mission (they didn’t have all the Zetas).

But 30 shards are not that much when you need 230 (6 star character) to qualify. I started doing 3 refreshes a day since the update and already have 27 shards for the Alpha. Besides, you’d also need a full G12 Geo team to really make use of him.

And it looks like we need just about every Separatist in the game. That’s a lot of farming and a lot of gearing:

P1 special mission requires Nute, B1, B2, Droideka, and a Separatist
    P1 combat mission requires Poggle, Sun Fac, Geo Soldier
    P2 combat mission requires Dooku and Ventress
    P2 special mission requires a full Geo team
    P3 fleet combat mission requires all Geo ships
    P3 combat mission requires Separatist droids
    P3 special mission (Tambor) requires Brood Alpha and a full Geo team
    P4 combat mission requires Dooku and Separatists
    P4 special mission requires Wat Tambor and Separatists​

That covers all of them, if I’m not mistaken. Brood Alpha is explicitly required in P3. But you need him to be able to beat P1 and to qualify for the full Geo team in P2. Separatist droids are needed in P3 and 3 of them are needed in P1. P4 just requires two full Separatist teams, which pretty much means Sep droids for the Tambor one and probably Geos in the Dooku one.

So while the Brood Alpha is going to be on of the most important units, we’re going to need the whole faction to complete everything. That’s a lot of gearing and it’s only going to get more difficult as we progress through the phases. Not to mention the 16,500 GP power requirement. There’s no rush because getting the Brood Alpha unlocked a little early won’t really make a difference when you’re going to need everyone.

My advice would be to start gearing who you have while you farm the Alpha. That way you’ll be more ready when you do get him farmed.

7. AhnNu Rie

AhnNu Rie Active Member

I'm still gearing my last half of Old Republic/Sith Empire characters, in prep for Malak to return. When I get them completed, will likely be heading on to the Seps. Oh, and 5 more HSTR and I'll have my Traya finally 7*, so finishing her gearing too.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  8. Electricboa

Malak should be any day now, unless they’re going to delay it more to give the people who have him more value/keep whales happy? I’m starting to see G13 Revans, Bastila, and Malak show up for some people (so far only one for each). To be fair, I’ll have my own Bastila to G13 probably tomorrow. It’s just without my own Malak, it’s tough to climb

9. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

There seem to be some gaps in events here this week, so maybe we'll see it here this week?

10. Electricboa

The timing would be right based on DR's first and second event. I've only saved up 36k currency, so 7 star is still going to be a ways away for me.

11. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I think the timing is really good considering the new packs coming to the store hitting right in there too. Convince more people to spend a little more cash even if they already farmed up their guys. I stopped buying everything from the GEC shop the day Malak released on both accounts. One to save for Malak (sitting at 72k GEC now on that account) and the other to farm shards since I unlocked Malak on my main. He's 7* now and I've been able to start buying gear there again, which has been nice.

12. Electricboa

I have no unlocked the Alpha and got him to G9. Could go G10, but that will cost me a Stun Gun. Another Stun Gun for G11. At the very least, it should be good as an offense GA/TW team with everyone else at G12.

Marc Tessier likes this.