1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

General GAC Questions

Discussion in 'Battle Advice' started by Themistocles, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Anytime you see Vader as the leader, they are using the leadership zeta. Being able to stack DoTs are important for any team that can cleanse. Rey is a prime example. Without the zeta, I’m not sure if you’re going to beat a Resistance Rey team. RH Finn can cleanse the team. Even just Rey without Resistance can cleanse. Kylo cleanses om his AOE. SEE cleanses his team when someone is defeated. And JML is probably going to have someone like JKR that can cleanse.

But it does depend on how many turns you’re letting the GL take. Normally, the fewer turns, the better. That’s why you get more leeway with the Traya zeta. In most cases, that doesn’t matter as much. Her main utility is Isolate to get a taunt off of a tank and keep it off. That’s about all you’re using her for. Thrawn can kind of work there, but it’s not as permanent and something like Old Ben might still taunt.

I would say have Vader on your list for down the road, but unless you want to be using Vader to constantly counter GLs, then it isn’t as important. The zeta also has value for the CRancor when you eventually 7-star Wat:

Vader (L), Wat, Shaak Ti, KRU, and C-3PO​

That’s a pretty effective P1 team without any GLs required. Wat and Vader’s leadership are the only required ones, I believe. Of course, you need everyone at R5, so it might not be practical for the time being.

2. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Seeing as how 1) I have a SEE that's going to be sitting on defense in front of me this GAC round, 2) I have most of all the pieces for a Vader GL counter, I think the Vader leadership zeta just jumped up multiple rungs. For this SEE in front of me, do you think my Imp Troopers would work?

I know I was going to be R5ing the Imp Troopers and I still need to do the Starck and Gideon zetas, but from a CPit necessity standpoint, I dont think they serve any purpose in CPit P2.

3. Electricboa

I believe Death Trooper is needed for the SEE counter with Troopers. He needs to remove the retribution. I don't have Death Trooper at G13, so I haven't used them against SEE before.

4. Laze

Laze Active Member

As an aside while we’re talking about Wat’s potential, I just used him today to beat 3 GAS teams in a row in arena with my DR team. This was the first time I’ve EVER beaten a legit relic GAS team. Wat is really quite something.

BTW, I grabbed the Vader lead zeta as part of my Wat prep. It means some of my first order zetas will be delayed, but worth it in my case.

5. Themistocles

Hey so since I have Wat, can you share the DR strat for beating GAS? I might need to use it this GAC go round.

6. Laze

Laze Active Member

I used DR, BSF, Malak, Vader, Wat. Put weapon tech on DR. The TM gains let him go before you get hit too hard by the opening volley. Fear everyone, then use BSF to throw out debuffs, Vader MM to remove all protection from the clones so you can take them out the first time GAS sits down. People in my shard have said they've done it with HK instead of Vader, but my HK is too weak to be useful.

I'll have to warn you, it was more of an edge of the seat type of win. One time I was down to just DR left. It's not something I'd use in GAC unless I had no other option.

Themistocles likes this.
  7. Themistocles

So if the other guy's best offensive team is a R5 GAS, I should be able to put down my SEE against it right? He always seems to use GAS on offense...I dont see any GAS vs SEE counters in SWGOH.GG counters...

8. Electricboa

SEE used to solo GAS, but after they changed the way the protection drain works, I think you need to use Wat or Armorer:

SEE gets paired with Wat a lot for soloing.

9. Themistocles

Other way around. He always attacks with his GAS, and I cant think of any way to really slow him down other than to put my SEE on defense. Is that a safe strat?

He doesn't set his GAS down on defense ever from what I can see.

10. Electricboa

I think GAS can win against SEE, but it’s not a sure thing. If he never puts GAS on defense, there’s no reason to think he would start now. I would probably put SEE on defense.

Themistocles likes this.
  11. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Well, I tried to get fancy in this GAC.

I took SEE and Wat in against a GG squad and got smashed. Clearly I bit off more than I could chew with that fight. It was my first battle of the round and screwed me right out of the gate. Both of us saved our 3 GLs for offense. I ended up losing by about 30 banners. Live and learn.

Themistocles likes this.
  12. Themistocles

Oh it was an undersize, or did you have 3 other crap Sith with you?

13. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

It was just the two of them.

Bad idea.

14. Themistocles

Can a full on 7 star Finalizer with all of the SLKR relic requirements and pilots defeat my 6 star Neg with all of its relic pilots?

15. Electricboa

Yes, but it usually uses some other ships as reinforcements to compensate for certain situations. And that's against a 7-star Negotiator, even R8. I’ve seen a few different combinations of ships, and I’m sure there are others. The Finalizer is actually a pretty good offensive capital ship with FO. I usually use mine against Empire fleets, but I believe it can beat any fleet with the right strategy and some utility reinforcements.

The TIE Silencer is quite a good ship. You’ve got control with the possible stun on basic and over time it will do a ton of damage. I still think Kylo’s Shuttle is one of the most underrated ships in the game. It’s got even more control, kind of like a mini-Chimaera. The only real downside is the AI can’t really play it correctly.

16. Themistocles

....so I pulled a bone headed move and put down a vital piece of the SEE SLKR counter down on my defense. Im 99% sure I will see his SLKR on defense. I actually have all the pieces for this Vader SLKR counter here:

However, my Wat is only G11 so will not survive SLKR's AOE. But if I start off the battle by passing Weapontech to Vader with my one, and only one Wat maneuver, does that still matter? Looking at this video, the guy starts by passing off protection tech to SET, and Im not really sure why as it doesnt look like he gets hit by SLKR again.

17. Laze

Laze Active Member

My understanding is that you don't give SET tank tech first, he won't regain taunt after Kylo's initial poke, which leaves Vader open to being the target of the follow-up AOE and having his mastery siphoned. I don't know if he would always target Vader or not. Maybe it's something you could test in arena?

18. Themistocles

Just tested twice in Arena. No good.

19. Electricboa

I have done that before, especially in TB. I’ll use a character somewhere and remember right after that I was saving them for a different mission. Poor Shaak Ti . . .

Unfortunately, I have no idea about the Kylo counter. I’ve never used it myself. It’s actually fairly rare for someone to put Kylo on defense, though with your only GL being SEE, they do have incentive to do so.

20. Themistocles

Sooooooo frustrating. Should have won against that guy's defense. That's the last time I try to play cute when I know I can counter SLKR with all my proper SEE tools.

If there's any consolation, at least on my SWGOH.GG history it appears that I have no idea how to counter SLKR.