1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

General GAC Questions

Discussion in 'Battle Advice' started by Themistocles, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Malak will end up taunting so he’ll likely be taken out first. I would probably use Dooku over Sidious, unless you want to use him elsewhere. Being able to stun and shock will an extra level of annoying to deal with.

You could try a weaker Sith team like:

Maul (L), Sidious, and Marauder​

It’s not a fantastic team, but probably one with characters you won’t normally use elsewhere. But SEE would be your main roadblock. I’d hold on to DR in case you need him to clear something

2. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Yeah Im holding on to DR, BSF, Mara as my emergency team. He ALWAYS has taken GAS and DR on the attack...but people react weirdly when they see you have a GL. I wouldn't be shocked if I see one or both on D. I already got a "Oh you have a GL, F-U" defense already this season.

3. Themistocles

It worked. So far 4 battles, all holds, and I think he's given up. Probably took his GAS and then his DR in, and threw 2 more whatevers at it. Both Malak and Dooku are dead, but I bet that was annoying AF to get past.

4. Electricboa

After 4 battles, yeah, I don’t think he’s going to break it.

5. Themistocles

@Laze I believe you solo'd a Padme relic trio recently with your Malak did you not? Did you pair him with a throwaway tenacity leader like Savage or Farmboy? Also what was your order of kill? I assume it should still be JKA like in 5v5?

Thanks! I'm going to have to execute this myself today.

6. Laze

Laze Active Member

I believe the team I soloed was all G12. I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to try a full relic team, my GAC strategy generally is to bring the house on offense and go for very efficient, high percentage battles. I can say that it was a very easy and convincing win, so it's possible it will work on relics. JKA is the only threat to you since courage doesn't do much against Malak, so you would want to get him first.

Themistocles likes this.
  7. Laze

Laze Active Member

Looking at the swgoh.gg GAC counters data, it seems Malak is a very high percentage option. Let us know how it goes!

Themistocles likes this.
  8. Themistocles

Soooo my next opponent has a SLKR. Looking at GAC counters, I see no successful SEE vs SLKR counters in 3v3.

I'm guessing that's because if he has Hux with SLKR, I can't beat Hux to the punch in giving SLKR that quick 2nd turn where he'll AOE me to death before Armorer passes Beskar over.

There's zero way for SEE to do this in 3v3 is there? If that's the case, I'm going to think about alternative defensive strategies.

9. Electricboa

Probably not without a G13 Armorer to survive the AOE. Sadly all the non-GL counters to Kylo are characters you don’t have, like GAS or JKL.

10. Themistocles

Quick AI check. It appears that he puts SLKR on defense but instead of pairing him with Hux, he uses FOST and FOO.

Now unfortunately his FOO is 4 faster than my Armorer. Quick question on AI behavior. On defense, will FOO always swap TM over to SLKR?

11. Laze

Laze Active Member

In my experience based on countering Kylos in arena, FOO will not pass TM to SLKR if Hux does it first. But if I stun Hux with Han, then he will. So I would guess that with no Hux there, he probably will. But I don’t know for sure.

12. Electricboa

The AI always uses Pinning Shot first for FOO, unless someone on the team has a stun or debuff. It’s one of the reasons he’s not normally used on defense. That does remove 50% TM from the target, though. That would be a bit of a gamble, depending on who he hits.

13. Themistocles

I was thinking Armorer, GBA for Pretaunt. So........in theory he would use his TM reduction shot on Brute, right?

14. Laze

Laze Active Member

Interesting. So the stun on Hux is the trigger in my case? I had assumed it was based on Kylo’s AOE cooldown or something.

Edit:
    Thinking on it more, it can’t be as general as any debuff. One of the counters relies on Malak shocking the tank after Kylo’s AOE. It seems like FOO will use pinning shot in that case every time.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  15. Electricboa

GL Kylo will go first and take away Brute’s taunt and stun him, leaving anyone open. Granted with GBA, the odds of the AI hitting the Armorer is 25%, but there’s some chance.

It very likely could depend on the debuff as well as the character. My experience is basically mirror matches and using my own Kylo team on auto. The AI for my team never used Marching Orders. Of course, my FOO was fairly fast. Maybe 320 to 330? I had to slow him down a bit so my Hux would go first for maximum offense capability.

I have never used Han against a Kylo team, so I’ve never stunned Hux like that. You figure GL Kylo’s poke is a stun that cannot be cleansed, so the AI would treat it differently. And in most cases if I did poke their Hux, I’d just outright take him out with FO Sith Trooper coming in for the assist.

But all things being equal, FOO will normally prioritize Pinning Shot. I assume that’s by design because if the AI played it optimally, FOO and Hux would be insanely difficult to counter.

Laze likes this.
  16. Themistocles

Oh baby did this work...did it EVER turn out for the good. FOO's AI behaved exactly as advertised. Full clear. I actually tripped up once on his pretty beefy KRU/Hux/ST of all things.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Laze likes this.
  17. Themistocles

So this guy JUST unlocked his SEE so unfortunately his SWGOH GG history is crap. I wonder what the chances are of him setting it on defense. If if that happens, SWGOH.GG counters shows no successful Imp Trooper trio counters vs. SEE. I wonder if that's because there's too few people to ramp up damage to kill folks to get to SEE?

18. Electricboa

I think it’s a combination of several factors. First, SEE is actually rather good at 3v3 because he can link and drastically cut the damage output of the other team, outside of another GL. That makes a lot of potential counter teams iffy at best because not being able to crit ruins a lot of attackers.

The second reason is so few people have SEE, the pool is fairly small. The only character than fewer people have is KAM. This gets compounded by the fact that most people do use SEE on offense, so there’s just very few instances of people facing him on defense. And if they do, more people have GL Kylo than any other GL. So that’s what they use.

Vader-lead with Wat and some kind of taunting tank can work, but it’s basically a 50/50 on if Vader gets linked or not and what Sith SEE is using. A SEE with Sidious and Maul is a going to be a lot easier to beat than Malak and DR or someone like that.

If it were me, I’d probably save your SEE for offense. It’s not a sure thing, but SEE would probably be your best bet to beat his if he puts it on defense. Or just put yours on defense, counting on him not being able to clear it.

19. Themistocles

Im leaning defense...which means I have to likely clear his DR trio that he sets on defense.

I could:

1) Use my DR standard trio which is greatly superior in relic level, and faster in speed
    2) Use my DR but swap out Malak for Mara. Cant R7 Mara one shot R2-R3ish Malak?
    3) Use my relic Imp troopers (Veers, Starck, Piett) against his DR. My troopers are superior in relic level and speed.

Which one is more of a sure thing?

20. Laze

Laze Active Member

I don’t know much about troopers, but #1 should be very safe and #2 should probably be fine but has a little more risk. I faced a similar matchup a couple weeks ago and brought in DR/BSF/SET. I lost SET but won the fight without much danger.

Themistocles likes this.