1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

General GAC Questions

Discussion in 'Battle Advice' started by Themistocles, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Themistocles

Themistocles Active Member

Whoo success! For future reference, I should have trusted more in JKR being a hard counter to a Palp lead. GMY's battle meditation and tenacity stopped R5 Palp cold. Fallen B was dispatched, and her CBM only landed on one person. R5 Palp was an easy take down, and at 5 stars, Malak was an annoyance, but never a serious threat in the 3 v 1 situation.

My DR was then saved and used successfully against JKR for the full clear!

Unfortunately I had one horrible misplay in the back. Should have trusted in my OR team to take on his Shaak Ti G10/G11 team, but I opted for Jango, with no tank. Horrible misplay on my part. If he manages to clear my Rebels fleet with his Empire kinda mishmash fleet, I'm going to lose by 20 banners. Luckily he has no Tie Bomber, so we'll see how he does...

2. Themistocles

Hmm mirror match. My DR and Fallen B are both higher in relics and in speed. His Malak is only 6 star G11. If he sets this on defense, do I REALLY need to use my full DR/Fallen/Malak trio against his? I can probably save Malak for a solo clear somewhere else no?

3. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

yeah, you should be able to use HK or even Marauder (if you have him at G12+) as a third and be just fine. HK's Assassination Protocol can likely delete a 6* G11 Malak as can Marauder's special. Make sure to keep Malak shocked to keep his health steal down.

Themistocles likes this.
  4. Themistocles

Cool, so I get to go first and do the DR fear on the whole team. Then Bastila goes next and shocks Malak and eats his fear. Then all in on Fallen B til she's down. LMK if I should reverse it and have DR do his team wide shock thingy first.

5. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

I would use her basic rather than the shock honestly on the first move, especially if Malak is still Feared. She may still get feared, but you won't need the shock right at the start. And you use DR's aoe Shock first, Bastila's becomes an aoe too.

Themistocles likes this.
  6. Themistocles

Thanks @Dagor . For anybody else, anybody have any ideas as to what kinds of things I can solo with my R7 Malak?

7. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

It really depends on the teams you face. He can solo Phoenix, some Rebel teams, Carth teams, etc. The biggest thing you want to avoid are teams that apply a lot of daze, heal immunity, ability block, stun, etc.

8. Themistocles

Like for example, I see he could do a G12 Bossk/Boba/, G11 IG88 Trio. G12 CLS and Chewie, and G10 Han with all the zetas. G12/G10 OR Trio of Carth/Zaal/Mission with the zetas. Can I stomp on those?

9. Themistocles

OMG, quick tangent. Both of my kids (in the Aurodium tier) are placed in the exact same GAC division for the penultimate round. I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode where Bart and Lisa were on different youth hockey teams, fighting for Homer's love and affection.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  10. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I would say yes to all of them. In fact, I know you can solo a full 5-man OR team with Malak. Basically, your only real limitations are the debuffs that Dagor mentioned and any teams that can do constant high healing of health and protection with cleanses. Like if you tried against Shaak Ti and Clones. That would probably have issues. But gear levels always matter. A full G13 team is going to be better than a G12 team or lower. CLS at higher gears could be an issue with the stuns and TM removal, though. That's the only one that I would be careful with.

Another thing you can do, if you want extra insurance against an unknown team is use a Sith leader with Malak. You won’t get max banners, but using Savage to give Malak an extra 75% defense and 30% tenacity would be an edge if you’re worried. Maul would probably also work for his evasion, though Malak being a tank hurts it a little if he’s taunting. Basically, the leader could die and it won’t matter since Malak keeps the leadership. So even if they’re not geared, you just need to max their leader. Not Maul, though, the zeta isn’t worth it.

Huh, I wonder what the odds are for that. That’s a tough one. They could just set very weak defenses to let the pressure off. Or you tell there there’s only one #1 spot so . . .

[​IMG]

Marc Tessier and Themistocles like this.
  11. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

The recently concluded GAC threw the full spectrum at me in what I can possibly face.

Round 1: Opponent had 3 GLs to my 2. I didn't fight. He won with a full clear.

Round 2: Opponent had 1 GL to my 2. He didn't fight. I won with a full clear.

Round 3: Opponent had 2 GLs to match my 2. I won with a full clear and around 2580 banners. He ended with around 1850. He got tripped up on a few teams. JKR, GMY and Jolee held the back territory 4 times.

Themistocles likes this.
  12. Marc Tessier

I'm a big hockey fan, so this is one of my all-time favorite Simpsons episodes.

Good luck to your kids. Should be a fun week in your house. :)

Skywlkr76 and Themistocles like this.
  13. Themistocles

Unfortunately I think my son just experienced the dark side of being cheated against. We fought a dude that his sister had just fought in the last round. We used the exact same strategy that his sister did and it should have worked but his fleet chewed through our intentional fleet trap. No way it should have worked. Reported the guy.

My daughter however, just won the classic Mexican Standoff victory. This guy had the beginnings of a relic'd JKR squad. So we figured we'd set a double strong defense and we had contingencies in case he used his JKR on attack and if he kept it on defense, we'd figured we'd win on GP tiebreaker and no one would win an actual battle...guess what happened?

(His GK lead/Ezra/Mace could not beat my daughter's G9 Nute lead with G12 Spy and G11+Sun Fac with much superior mods and speeds. We can't beat him but he can't beat us. Game baby.)

14. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

But if it’s the exact same trap, then could they have adapted after it beat them the first time? Only because if they were cheating, then I don’t see why they would have lost to whatever the trap was in the first place.

15. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Themistocles likes this.
  16. Themistocles

The one reason Im thinking the whole thing is suspicious is because my son put his 10-20 rank full-on best fleet in the defensive fleet zone as a trap.

My son's Executrix had the turn advantage so his ultimate would fire off first compared to his Executrix which was like 5 speed slower. All of my son's Geo pilots are G12 or in the case of Sun Fac G11+. The opponent's Geos were all G8 and the ships were between 5 and 6 star. Not a single 7 star, and the reinforcements were garbage too. Just ship for ship it was a significant advantage, so it just seemed a little odd. We calculated the banner victory for the opponent at 53 so it's not an overwhelming victory. I mean RNGesus could have been with the guy but it would have been a huge series of lucky rolls for him.

17. Marc Tessier

In all fairness, if you beat the crap out of someone with your stick you do get penalized for it. ;)

Themistocles likes this.
  18. Themistocles

Ok so question. If I wanna go risky and go for a multi zone win, I need to take out this guy's Padme but unfortunately I thought it would be on attack and he switched it up and went defense with it.

Its a Padme R4, JKA R5, GK R4, but badly modded and slow. Does my G12 Palp, R6 Thrawn, and R7 Vader have a shot at her? What would the general strategy be? I would imagine JKA out at all costs...including the Fracture to keep him from bludgeoning me to death?

If a badly modded Padme is still a bad matchup for Vader, I will use my overall conservative strategy and still have a good chance for the overall win.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  19. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Active Member

The tough part of fighting padme with that team is the cleanses that they have on Kenobi and Padme. In TW I sometimes use my Empire to fight Padme, the 3v3 strategy could be different but for 5v5 it’s all about the turn meter. As long as I went first I could usually pull it off.

For your battle, I think the best strategy would be to fracture Padme to prevent her from cleansing and spreading protection up. Using Vader, it’d be important to keep Ani and Kenobi ability blocked, and keep the debuffs spreading. Palps shock would help keep Kenobi from taunting.

The problem with this is it could fall apart if they get protection up. That will stop the debuffs and will ramp up their damage output.

20. Themistocles

Does Protection Up have implicit Tenacity Up? Will it keep me from landing future debuffs?

And so would you say in my 1st round of Massacre, dont go for the culling blade on JKA and just try to go for an ability block?