1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

General GAC 2.0 Questions

Discussion in 'Battle Advice' started by Electricboa, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Active Member

I've missed a week or 2 of GAC here and there because I was busy, and I honestly considered losing and dropping into Aurodium and if that would be more beneficial for me instead of constantly facing accounts with 2M more GP than me. I haven't done the math on it yet, but if I don't get another functional fleet it'll be a lot tougher for me with all of the trash that I already put on D

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I don’t know. CG making all of Kyber need 6 fleets is insane. I could understand if it was only Kyber 1. I can’t remember the last time I was matched against anyone without 6 GLs, most had Starkiller. Those players are going to be able to swing 6 fleets.

But I think CG really didn’t want players with GP that low in Kyber at all. My guess is this chart is about what they wanted to see:

[​IMG]

With the GP in Kyber slowing getting higher and higher to pressure people to spend or lose. By now, I suspect they didn’t think anyone less than 6 million would be able to get into Kyber at all. I think there’s a couple reasons why that hasn’t worked out like that.

First, there just aren’t as many active players as there used to be. That means players from below will rise up to fill the spots left open by people who quit or just don’t bother with GAC. CG just keep driving players away. Even when they come up with an amazing idea, like Conquest, they utterly ruin it to make money. It’s the mentality of the company. They want people to pay to play, instead of people wanting to pay because they play.

Second, Kyber 1 absorbs the ‘best’ players with Kyber 2 being the main overflow. That makes more space for lower GP players to get into the other three Kyber divisions. Same issue, players with GP lower than what CG wants are making it to Kyber

Conspiracy time.

[​IMG]

I think they knew exactly what they were doing and applied the changes to all of Kyber with the intention of forcing out lower GP players. Higher GP players who have that many fleets can do a full clear, but if you don’t have the fleets you have no shot at a clear. It gives a massive edge the more GP (and the more GLs) you have.

Will it work? You figure there are going to be a lot of other players who don’t have enough fleets. If you get matched up against someone who doesn’t have a fleet, does the extra required fleet really make a difference?

Dgmr likes this.
  3. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

I think I might advise Komodo to set his Executor with 1 other fleet on defense, leaving a spot blank, and allowing him to take Mal, Neg, and Finalizer into the attack. It might work for a time. I remember seeing folks at K3 who still didn't have Executor.

Dgmr likes this.
  4. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

You can jump up or drop back only at the end of each week. So if Kyber 5 is his limit, he'll get demoted to Aurodium 1 the following week.

Either way, it's a sign of how well-planned his collection is to be punching that far above his GP. Nice work Komodo!

Dgmr likes this.
  5. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

Yeah I think Boa is right. I certainly fit into that - based on GP I should be in Bronzium, probably around 2. But, I shot up into Chromium and have been bouncing around there. It’s obviously much harder for me as I’m also facing players with +2-3MM GP over me. Seems like I get matched up though against inactive opponents often enough to keep me treading water. And interestingly the higher GP rosters I face should theoretically be higher than Chromium in many cases.

6. Electricboa

This is an incredibly well-written and fairly comprehensive outline of all the current fleets with special emphasis on GAC:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...578108/Triple_Fleet_Guide_-_Fleet_Discord.pdf

Personally, I’m leaning towards Negotiator, Malevolence, and Raddus on defense. I’ve always saved Executor for offense. Empire is a really versatile fleet and I’ve got Second Sister geared a bit, but the rest of the ship (including the reinforcement) is maxed. That leaves FO and Rebels and they can handle quite a bit. That’s basically the conclusion of the guide, too, to it at least confirms my inclinations.

7. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

Anybody else get GAC results in your inbox that say congrats for winning, when you lost? Second time now I’ve gotten that. Kinda odd.

8. Electricboa

I saw someone post about that. I think it was just a typo. I lost, but I didn't even think to read the message. I just accepted it and that was it.

9. Themistocles

For those that have Old Ben geared, are any of his zetas useful in GAC? They seem lackluster to me.

10. Electricboa

It depends on how you want to use him. The special zeta will let him his get taunt again if it gets dispelled, which can be useful if you want to use him as a tank. If not, then it’s pointless.

The unique is a little of both. The main part of it gives your team a bunch of stuff when Old Ben dies, which plays into him being used as a tank. The other part gives you extra TM when other Rebels or Jedi tank damage. It’s only 2% extra TM, so it’s not a huge difference.

If you use him on defense, both zetas are helpful. The AI will use him as a tank. On offense, you can use him as a tank or functionally as a support with his main purpose being the mind trick. I feel like as you get more and more into the late game, Old Ben stops being used as a tank because there just aren’t any good places for him to get used.

You end up with three main Jedi teams: JMK, JML, and JKR. Old Ben can’t be used with JMK because he isn’t Republic. With JML, you don’t really want him taunting because that’s what JML is for. JKR is a case where you could use him as a tank, but I don’t think you usually need a tank for that team.

For Rebels, it’s worse. CLS is already complete without a tank. If you want to break it up, like give Han and Chewie to Dash (when you gear him), then Old Ben mind become useful there. He’s not a Rebel Fighter, so Mothma doesn’t usually work. You have the left-over Rebels, like Lando, ROLO, CHS, etc, but they’re not really a great team. I suppose maybe Omicron Ackbar would be able to use Old Ben, if you went that route.

The only other place for Old Ben would be Starkiller. It’s not relevant now, but you’re probably going to be using GK or Windu on that team instead.

For me, I usually give Old Ben to JML. An extra shot an ability blocking the whole team is nice and he’s generally a good Jedi place holder. That’s mainly what JML needs. You’re going to be using Inherited Teachings all the time, so you just need Jedi units to do it. That means that the zetas really don’t matter, except for the minor TM gain

Themistocles likes this.
  11. Themistocles

2nd question. I'm being advised by some that I should stop my JML progression and immediately move Nest to R5. I now possess a fully relic CLS/Chewpio squad ready to go for LSTB so I'm not necessarily opposed to this...but is it really worth stopping a GL chase to get Nest?

12. Electricboa

I’m not really sure what Nest would really do for you. I mean she’s useful for putting her into teams that prevent some counters. Like you really don’t want to use Troopers or CLS against a team with Nest because the threat of time-out is pretty high. But outside of that, I don’t think she has any specific use. She used to be able to solo some teams, but I’m not sure how effective that is nowadays. I’d tend to lean towards finishing JML.

Here are some teams she can solo:

https://swgoh.gg/gac/who-to-attack/ENFYSNEST/?sort=count

Mostly ones I don't usually see in Kyber 1, and I think she's much more often used to prevent counters than anything else. She's solid under Beskar Mando or Dash as part of a scoundrel team.

13. Themistocles

The person in question pointed to a variety of low level teams that I could have solo'd in my GAC history. I dont know if those solos would have made a difference. In Kyber 2 I'm just getting hard stonewalled by wave after wave of good relic teams that I dont think Nest can solo. The solo-able teams seem to be few and far between. Thank goodness I'm going down to Kyber 3.

14. Electricboa

Yeah, that’s definitely an issue in the higher Kybers. Nest just can’t solo teams because players tend to have enough teams that they don’t put anything too weak on defense. But I suppose if you do see teams that can be soloed by Nest, there might be some use there.

I do like Nest. She’s very versatile because of the counters she prevents and there’s a lot of value there. And if you do get a really good scoundrel team, she works well on it because both Beskar Mando and Dash teams benefit from AOEs.

I can’t really see pausing JML for her, though. Really, I almost feel like she’s one of those characters that if you don’t already have her geared, it’s difficult to justify gearing her now because she’s not going to do anything really amazing. Kind of like Maul’s zeta. If you already have it, great, but if you don’t there are probably better options out there.

Even in a scoundrel team, you’re put in a position where you could gear anyone versus gearing Nest. And I think you’d have a better scoundrel team with Dash, Beskar Mando, Vandor Chewie, Kuiil, and IG-11. Nest prevents some counters, but she isn’t necessary for that team. Really, Beskar Mando isn’t, either, but you’d want him for his ship.

Maybe if they did a Beckett legendary that required Nest and the Solo characters, it might give some incentive to go after her. Dash is best with the prepared characters, but there’s not a flexible as Kuiil and IG-11, so not a lot of people gear them.

15. Themistocles

Interesting that you mention putting BAM on that Dash Scoundrels team. I was originally earmarking Dash to go with a Prepared Team (I was impressed by a team that kicked my ass a couple rounds back) and BAM to go with Conquest Maul. Is the Dash team you mentioned better than either Mauldolorians with BAM or Dash with BAM?

16. Electricboa

Not necessarily better, but less work. My main issue with the prepared characters is they’re kind of off on their own. They don’t lead towards anything bigger. Dash does a lot for them, but he works quite well without any prepared characters at all. As leader, his team will still get Prepared, but if they aren’t Solo characters, they never lose it. They just get the bonuses and if Dash has his zeta, they get the TM.

If you have any Solo characters, you’d want his omicron. But without any Solo characters, you don’t need it. So I end up just giving Dash any scoundrels I have left over and he turns them into a decent team. I’ve never really gotten into scoundrels as a faction, so I pretty much just have them from GL requirements or special cases, like Nest.

If you were going to gear up the prepared characters specially for Dash, it’s probably a much better team for him because you get more out of the prepared mechanics. But you’re talking about gearing up four characters for him that are just out there on their own. In my eyes, I would see more value in gearing up Kuiil and IG-11 for a scoundrel team because they can be used in pretty much any scoundrel team and they’re going to be good. That gives you more flexibility as more characters come out.

For what it’s worth, I rarely see Dash-led prepared teams in Kyber 1. And the couple times I have, they didn’t seem that impressive. I probably used JKR against them and just took out Vandor Chewie right away and then picked off the team. Most people are keeping Grievous for offense now because of Starkiller, so JKR can be used elsewhere.

As for the Mauldalorians, yeah, that would be a much better team for Beskar Mando. Since I have LV, I keep Maul with him and that makes a Mandalorian team not practical, but absent LV, it’s a good choice. Especially since you have Bo-Katan and Jango from JMK. You’d get a whole separate team out of it and get to use Bo-Katan for something.

But Beskar Mando is pretty good in any scoundrel team because of the damage immunity. If your opponent isn’t careful, that can really mess you up. I’ve been on the receiving end a few times. He can be just as dangerous for Trooper and CLS teams as Nest if you don’t pay attention. Let’s put it this way, if there’s a possibility to get into an endless time-out loop, I’m probably going to figure out a way to do it.

Marc Tessier and Themistocles like this.
  17. Electricboa

Looks like there's hope for us on the Inquisitor front, both for kills and purge. That'll make life a lot easier

18. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

3v3 has been kind to me.

I'm 6-1, which I'm still trying to wrap my head around. It's a real slugfest though. I haven't had any full clears yet and neither have my opponents. Starkiller has been a beast with EP lead and Mara. I place him in the front wall. They got 8 holds in round 1 yesterday and made it an easy win since my opponent couldn't clear the territory. He probably was throwing junk at it in hope something would work because he knew he couldn't win without clearing that front wall.

I'm thinking of taking him to R8 now. CAT, KAM and Maul are my other R8 candidates. And probably Malgus...

Dgmr likes this.
  19. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

Congrats!

Opposite for me. Lots of full clears with winner determined by who can solo or win most with reduced squad sizes. Have caught a few breaks. Last week an opponent had SEE and only had to put him on defense (as I don’t think I’d clear him…yet), but held him for offense. I’ll take it.

20. Electricboa

My opponents have kept most or all their GLs for offense, so I haven’t had any issues full clearing. Same for my opponents clearing me.

I don’t usually take chances against Starkiller teams. JMK or LV can handle it. I wondered about DR/Malak and on swgohgg, they have a 50% win rate against Starkiller. I thought it would be higher.