1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

General GAC 2.0 Questions

Discussion in 'Battle Advice' started by Electricboa, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Well-Known Member

I get that, but with how long it takes to get a GL, I'm just wondering if I should build up for GAC first. I currently need 18 teams, I currently have 18 teams. If I move to Kyber, I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't need these teams to be maxed out, I just need them good enough to take up space on the board.

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

An option would be to put it really low gear teams and just assume they will be easily beaten. Maybe put them on the bottom in the back and count on putting stronger teams in the bottom front to try and shield them.

Alternatively, what kind of teams were you looking at gearing up?

3. Laze

Laze Well-Known Member

@Skywlkr76 I had the same reservations about moving to Kyber. What I did was squeeze out a couple of teams quickly:

1) QGJ omicron. He and JKA make a team of two that can beat decent stuff on offense

2) Threw a zeta on Mon Mothma and Pao and geared a MM team to G8 (MM, Pao, HRS, Cara, Katarn is what I went with). At that gear they’re not a juggernaut but are at least better than say Phoenix or Ewoks.

I won’t lie, I’m still very thin and need to bust out Phoenix and Ewoks sometimes, but even in kyber 3 I see opponents doing the same thing. The more important factor seems to be whether you can beat GLs, and having Executor helps a ton too.

4. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

You've mentioned doing SEE as your next GL. What about focusing on the Trooper requirements -- Piett, Starck and Veers -- first to get them up and running? You don't have to take them all to relics right off the bat, just get them to where you think they are half decent. Then switch over to Dooku, Sidious, Maul or Marauder to have a Sith squad. Again, gear them up to where you feel comfortable and then decide what order to start promoting them into relics.

Overall, I think you'll come out ahead by doing another GL. In my humble opinion, we're all going to have to learn to take our lumps from time to time in GAC after going on a hot streak. With the way the skill rating is designed, we will just get overpowered at some point.

5. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Well-Known Member

First off, thanks for all the input, I appreciate it.

I spent some time last night going through my roster and looking and I’ve come to about the same conclusion that @Marc Tessier did. I’ll get my troopers up to a useable state and with the exception of gearing Marauder, I can scrape up a half decent Sith team by adding Savage as a fifth. That’s two more teams. The only slight detour I think I’m going to take is with Nightsisters. I have them all already farmed, but with the exception of Ventress, I haven’t geared them up yet. I think I’m going to bring them up and that will be team three. As far as the last team goes, I think I have enough left over Rebels to scrape by until I can get SEE up and running.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  6. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

Anyone know what’s up with GAC today? It’s really messed up. Some of my guild members are saying it’s about to get shut down…

7. Electricboa

Yeah, there was some bug where some players started out with extra points at the beginning of a round. So CG just cancelled the whole thing.

. . . After my opponent and I already finished and I was going to win a very close one.

8. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

Yeah that happened to me. My opponent started with 138 points on no attacks. That was round 2 which I “won.” Interesting that we then moved to round 3, which I also “won.” I’ll enjoy spending the 3 credits I got from those wins.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  9. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

…so we all getting Clone Wars Chewie shards as compensation!? :)

10. Electricboa

There was a 20 min window for round 3 where you could still do battles and get 100k for each win. I just did a few to get something out of it. Credits never go to waste.

The compensation will probably won't be much. Nowhere near the 2k+ crystals that players in Kyber 1 could have missed out for the last two battles alone. Not to mention whether they will keep the current score or try to revert it to the beginning of the season.

Dgmr likes this.
  11. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

Yep, I took advantage as well and grabbed a few easy credits during that window. I figure that’s all we’ll get out of it.

12. Marc Tessier

Ouch!

When I logged in, I had 414 points to my opponent's 0. The compensation will be interesting. Players will be super pissed if they don't give an adequate amount of crystals.

13. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

Looks like we’re back to normal. I got bumped up to Bronzium 2 after the last round. Not off to a great start so far, but will see what happens. A fair amount of grumbling in my guild from lower/mid level members about match-ups with much higher GP opponents. I’m in the same situation, but let’s see how it goes.

14. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

So my current opponent has SLKR to my no GLs. He could’ve put him on defense and blocked me, but kept him for offense. I fully cleared without issues, so this will be interesting. I guess there’s some validity to higher GP and GLs doesn’t necessarily guarantee an outcome… I thought this was an automatic loss, but as Leia says - there’s hope!

Marc Tessier likes this.
  15. Marc Tessier

GLs give you an advantage, but don't guarantee a victory, In my own experience, I have defeated opponents with 6 GLs to my 5, but I've also lost to a couple of players with only 4.

Dgmr likes this.
  16. Electricboa

Same for me. I’ve beaten players with 1 more GL than me quite a few times. It really does come down to personal play style. Most of the time, if someone has an extra GL, it’ll go on defense. But I’ve had had matches where that wasn’t the case. And I’ve done it myself. Granted, that was before crystals were a factor in GAC, but it still happens.

That being said, Marc is absolutely right about it giving you an advantage. It gives you the freedom to put stronger non-GL teams on defense if you choose to use them for offense. Let me give an example. Your best team right now is probably DR. SLKR can solo that team for a near-max banners. Depending on how efficient you two are, that can matter in the end. I’ve had matches where I kept all my GLs for offense and was able to counter whatever GLs my opponent put on defense as well as strong non-GL teams. That’s what makes primarily offensive GLs like SLKR and SEE so appealing. You can get high banners against teams solo that you wouldn’t be able to get with a normal non-GL team.

Plus, there’s something to be said for having an easier time on offense. It’s a lot less stressful if you have a an auto-win character if you just don’t want to deal with a tricky team.

Dgmr likes this.
  17. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

How true. This time around we both fully cleared but I’m up by 16 points as the dust settles. DR is my best team, and I use it for offense. I figure, as you point out Boa, that the GLs and higher GP rosters will clear my better teams. One of my guild members suggested that DR might’ve spooked them into using SLKR for offense, rather than blocking me. I guess it’s a bit of a game of chicken and game theory all mashed together! Regardless, I am actually finding this format more fun even if it’s not perfect.

18. Laze

Laze Well-Known Member

I’ve been finding that basically every battle in Kyber I have GL disadvantage. I think I’ve fought one opponent where we had equal GLs, but they had a lot more GP. It’s just a new normal to get used to. I was actually kind of excited this last match because my opponent “only” has a million more GP and one GL more.

While it is certainly a big advantage, it’s definitely possible to win against it. You have to gamble more, and you have to be able to counter them if they stack them on D, but I’ve found that most players assume that GLs can only be beat with GLs, which has been giving me a competitive advantage.

For example, in my final last round, I went against someone with JML, SLKR, Executor, and 7.2 million GP to my 5.5 million and SLKR. They blocked the two front tiles with their GLs, not realizing that I know how to counter both. I placed SLKR bottom front. That way, I forced them to go top, which was less points (and also forces them to beat Executor), and I was able to go bottom myself and secure the win.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    Marc Tessier and Dgmr like this.
  19. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

I run into the same challenges down here in Bronzium. It seems like every team I face has at least 1MM more GP than mine. Still, I’ve had decent luck so far. Sometimes the rosters are super random, sometimes it’s strategy. I think at my level depth of teams is a key factor (I guess it’s similar to Kyber in the n7mber if GLs…).

20. Marc Tessier

This GAC is not going well. My first round opponent had all 6 GLs, plus Starkiller. Perhaps Starkiller on his own doesn't determine the outcome, but having the required toons to get him really has an impact. I've been setting strong defenses (JMK, LV and Rey), but so have my opponents this week and so far none of us have been getting full clears. It looks like I'll be 0-2 after today's attack phase, which would put me at 6-5 for the season.