1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

General GAC 2.0 Questions

Discussion in 'Battle Advice' started by Electricboa, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Thankfully I havent seen anything as sophisticated as a Rendar or Katarn or Mara enhanced squad. I did see a scary looking QGJ/JKA Nuke squad which I chose to overpower with GAS.

Oh man Kyber 4 did not go well. I got promoted to Kyber 3. I crashed into 3 dudes who just didn't care, never attacked, and I went 3-0 against all odds. Im going to get slaughtered in Kyber 3. You guys, I'm basically setting the garbagiest of garbage defenses and relying on Executor to hold the line.

2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I mean that fact you won three is pretty good. At the very least you're getting some good crystals. I have no idea which division starts having Executor normally. Kyber 1 definitely. Almost everyone has it. There's probably a lot in Kyber 2. 3 and below is maybe. You have to remember that there are a lot of players who just never cared about ships and that really could be a stumbling point for them. I really think the vast majority of high-GP players who were active in the fleet arena ended up in Kyber 1 and 2 In most cases, they were also doign squad arena, so they were making a lot of crystals.

Who knows, you might do well in Kyber 3, too. You're more likely to see Kyle and Mara than Dash. QGJ will probably depend on which GLs they have.

Themistocles likes this.
  3. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

Good luck @Themistocles! You never know.

I’m only in Bronzium, but have been matched against players with 1MM more GP. I was worried at first but their rosters turned out to be random, no synergy. I was able to punch through some higher powered squads with leftovers. Out of desperation I took my very much in-work Troopers out for a spin and they cleared a tile for me cleanly. I know it’s different in Kyber, but who knows….

4. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

Picked up a win yesterday against an opponent with 6 GLs. He saved them all for offense. I stuck LV and Rey on defense. He lost his first battle against LV and gave up. Final score 1,687-14.

5. Laze

Laze Well-Known Member

Congrats @Marc Tessier. Routing someone with 6 GLs is impressive, regardless how bad their strategy was. And @Themistocles, I'm not sure how your division looks in Kyber 3, but I had the same concerns as you going into the season and in my second week there, I'm feeling less overmatched than I expected. Every opponent has some advantage over me - the vast majority have significantly more GP, and many of them have more than one GL and/or an Executor, but that isn't universal. Having counters to GLs is turning out to be pretty important. I've been getting a lot of use out of Padme/CAT and other GL counters like GG and GAS, and have picked up some wins that way. My goal is to hang on in Kyber 3 until I finish my JMK farm. Then we shall see. I'm 3-1 so far, so it's possible I may be able to do just that.

One thing I've noticed about this new format is that there is a wide variety of opponents. In the old format, I could often just set a defense and let it carry all week because all my opponents looked more or less the same. Planning is a lot more important now, because every opponent is completely different and requires different strategies to beat. It's more fun, but also takes more out of you. Especially if you're trying to punch above your weight - it isn't really viable to try to coast and expect to win much.

6. Themistocles

What is your Padme/CAT comp? Ive rarely been able to one-shot GLs with my Padme/CAT but instead have used her to take half a GL down and then usually have to resort to some sort of cleanup. Have you been using GAS v Rey?

7. Laze

Laze Well-Known Member

Against JMK/CAT:
    Padme, Ahsoka, CAT, Yoda, pretaunt. It wins cleanly if you have the speeds right, but calls for a fast Padme, Yoda, Ahsoka, and CAT. The mod investment has been well worth it.

Against SLKR:
    Padme, Ahsoka, CAT, Yoda, GK. A little trickier than JMK, but wins cleanly vs double tank and is messier but can win against single tank.

I have used GAS vs Rey. I have also used GG/Nute vs JML. Haven’t had to use it against SEE, but I’ve been practicing and have that one ready to go as well. Also have practiced GAS vs JMK without CAT. Without these counters, I’d be losing to every 2GL opponent with half a brain.

Themistocles likes this.
  8. Marc Tessier

And now I'm in the final after winning round 2. Yesterday's match came down to efficiency and I squeaked by 1,714-1,709. My opponent had 6 GLs and set LV on defense. I set LV and Rey on defense.

Final round opponent is probably the most evenly matched since crystals were added to GAC. We both have 5 GLs, a 7-star Excecutor and our GP is within 30-40k of each other.

9. Marc Tessier

I went undefeated for the week. Yay!

My opponent got tripped up on my Executor -- using 4 battles without taking out one ship. It took me three fleets to clear his Executor, but I did it. I also used a sketchy SEE, Wat, Dengar, Zam and Embo squad to take out his LV/Maul squad hiding in the back territory. I thought I had mucked it up when I first saw his LV, because I had used JMK to solo his DR/Revan squad. It was scary at first with Maul taking all those turns, but once I linked him everything went smooth because he charged up SEE's ultimate really fast. Once Maul was obliterated, it was just a matter of time before SEE was going to win although it did come down to a SEE and LV duel at the end.

I invested the winnings in 50 flawed signal data, the last piece I needed for one more R8 upgrade. Then, I asked my son if we should take LV or SEE to R8 first. He chose LV and I gave him the honor of tapping the upgrade button.

Skywlkr76 likes this.
  10. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Well-Known Member

Well, after sweeping the first round and getting promoted to Aurodium 1, I went 1 for 3 in the second round but managed to stay put. To be honest, I'm ok with it, because I don't currently have the roster depth to move up to Kyber.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  11. Themistocles

...what are your mod speeds?

12. Themistocles

Alright so with my entrance into JMK ticket grinding, I now have some choices to make....say next week's GAC, not this one...on how I want to split things up.

My goals - 1) Have a good strong JMK team that can either go on offense and take out a defensive JMK team or have one that sits on defense and blocks someone without their own JMK. 2) Have a Padme team that isn't complete trash and is still usable in some way.

It will be sad to give up CAT from my Padme/CAT team to JMK but I suppose it's a must to have that defensive/offensive beast of a team. I was thinking: JMK-CAT-Shaak Ti (currently surplus)-GK-and I need a 5th. Does it make sense for me to yank up my 6 star unactivated KAM to G11 or will he be too weak at that level to be useful?

P.S. Do I need to have R7 CAT in order to make my JMK team into a true GAC terror?

For Padme I was thinking: Padme-JKA-Ahsoka-R2D2 (G12)-maybe I yank up Barriss to G12 or something like that?

I would prefer to keep my R8 GMY with JKR so that way my mostly G12 JKR squad remains somewhat usable on offense.

Second topic. With my decomposition of my Padme team into a decidedly B-team status, I'll need a reliable GG counter. If I get rid of my Padme/CAT combo, my GG killers are now all overkills and better used for other teams. I want Nightsisters next. What are the gear levels needed for me to reliably take out a strong relic GG team? Assuming GG at R7. What zetas are mandatory and what can be skipped?

13. Electricboa

You don’t need to R7 CAT. R5 is perfectly fine for the vast majority of situations. R7 or even R8 gives her a little more health and a good amount of damage, but that’s it. The first hit is always going to be instant-death for non-GLs and you’re going to stack up the damage by putting Shien on Ahsoka pretty quickly either way.

The only thing that might make a difference is high end LV teams. They can take a while to get though, so extra damage is useful. And more health does help make sure CAT isn’t defeated. But I wouldn’t really expect you to run into really good LV teams outside of Kyber 1.

If you do use JMK on offense, you can drop GK pretty easily. In mirror matches always use Windu instead. The enemy CAT will use her one-shot on Windu and you can take out their GK. That’s a very nice trade and GK can be used elsewhere.

For me, I gave up on a Padme team entirely. She’s just part of JMK’s team on offense. Her healing is nice and she can call in a mass assist, which is nice. I split it up like this:

JMK (L), CAT, Ahsoka, Padme, and Windu​

Depending on what I’m fighting, Windu might not be needed at all and I can undersize it. I put QGJ on defense with:

QGJ (L), KAM, Barriss, JKA, and GK​

You don’t have KAM finished, yet, so maybe something like:

QGJ (L), Shaak Ti, Aayla, JKA, and GK​

If you wanted to put it on defense. On offense, you wouldn’t need GK there because the AI probably won’t target QGJ enough to take him out. If you want to put JMK on defense, then you’d want to give him GK.

Barriss is a solid Jedi. Her passive healing is quite good, though it seems like her best use is with KAM because she gets to do some damage. But she’s plug-n-play. Any Jedi team can use her. If you really wanted to run a separate Padme team, then you could use Cody of Clone Sergeant until you get around to Barriss.

That does leave you GMY to stick with JKR. And that’s my answer for the second topic. I normally use JKR and GMY against Grievous teams. The catch there is you’d very likely need to take Jolee to G13. Him surviving to be able to revive is very important for consistency.

As far as NS, I’m not as versed in using them since everyone except Daka and Zombie are G12 for me. And I regularly use them with SLKR anyway. If CG nerfs that interaction to oblivion, I might have to gear up NS to make use of them again. So I’m not sure what gear everyone has to be to beat a Grievous team. Probably G13.

Daka’s zeta is required because she gets harder to kill the more characters die and get revived. The only other zetas and Talzin and Ventress (Initiate is completely useless). You can only have one leader. You’d have to check, but the Grievous counter probably uses Talzin lead. That would kind of be required. Being able to get assists from defeated allies is nice.

Ventress’ unique can be skipped. The extra TM can be nice, but it’s only on the defeat of an enemy. Odds are if you’re taking someone out, you’re already ahead. Talzin’s unique is a lot better. She’s getting TM as enemies fall below 50% health and plague is hitting their health directly. That would help put the nail in the coffin.

That’s it. Zombie and Spirit don’t have zetas. That being said, I think there’s some chance that one of the three unused NS (Talia, Initiate, and Acolyte) could get an omicron. That would make a lot of sense. I could even see each of the getting one to be used in TW, GAC, and TW. If that is the case, you’re probably looking at dropping Ventress or Spirit from the main team. Talzin is needed for plague. Zombie is the tank, and Daka is required to revive everyone. Spirit brings raw damage and Ventress heals and removes enemy buffs. Depending on what the omicron could look like, one of them would go. If you did go for NS, I’d do those two last. Well, you already have Ventress at G12, so last for G13.

14. Themistocles

Regarding KAM...so is that a suggestion that the G11 6 star KAM is pretty useless in either the JMK or the QGJ setup?

15. Marc Tessier

If you are saving JMK for offense in a mirror match, try JMK, CAT, Ahsoka, Padme and Mace. I like using Mace as the pretaunt since he gets nuked immediately by the enemy CAT. So there's little point in using GK here when he'll be so much more useful in another squad. Padme's also great with JMK against LV since her cleanse helps get rid of LV's DoTs. Ahsoka is so good with CAT too, I don't like splitting them up. Having said that, depending on the enemy defense, I sometimes use JMK to solo a squad or pair JMK and CAT together, which frees up Padme and Ahsoka. You can probably use CAT at R5, but long-term she is worth R7.

JMK's so versatile and there are plenty of GR toons to choose from, so Shaak's going to work with him. Her dispel on her basic is always nice and Barriss will be fine too if CAT's in the squad.

I'd use GK as your tank if you're placing JMK on defense and your opponent doesn't have JMK.

If you really want Padme to lead a squad, R2 swaps into JMK's squad nicely. I have found that weakened Padme squads on defense are an easy win. I've faced opponents setting Padme with Mace, Cody and Clone Sergeant, plus Barriss. Plus I tried using her with Bad Batch. The results haven't been great.

I find JKA is just too good with QGJ, omicron necessary, to keep him with Padme.

Themistocles likes this.
  16. Marc Tessier

I use KAM at 6-stars and G11 with QGJ.

Themistocles likes this.
  17. Laze

Laze Well-Known Member

I have CAT at 334, GMY at 317, Padme at 315, and Ahsoka at 274. For the JMK/CAT counter, it runs very smooth if you can get all your characters to go after the enemy JMK and CAT do their thing and execute your tank. There's a specific sequence where you put shien on Ahsoka, then have GMY leap and spread buffs, then do Padme mass assist. This will wipe the taunt off the enemy GK and allow your CAT to force leap their CAT. Once you've done this you've pretty much won. But if any of the enemies sneak a turn in between, it can throw a monkey wrench in your plans and you may not get the taunt off GK. You can still win in that case, but it can get a little dicey against really strong arena grade JMK teams.

As far as your other questions, they are pretty relevant for me too since I'll be farming tickets on JMK in about 3 weeks. Here are some ideas I've been tossing around:

1) I run a G8 zeta KAM on my QGJ squad. The speed and offense boosts his unique gives the team makes it more potent and are worth it IMO. I've been told this is probably his best use until you have him 7*.

2) I'm also interested in NS as a cheap GG counter. Someone else in my guild has been running with an R6 Daka, R1 Assaj, and G11 on the others, with 3 zetas - Talzin lead, Daka unique, and Assaj unique (the latter two are important for the ramping health and damage). He said he can take out decently strong GG teams, although he'll often use Daka lead for a little more bulk if needed. YMMV.

Themistocles likes this.
  18. Electricboa

KAM has two main functions. If he’s geared enough, he hits really hard. He’s one of those characters where R7 or R8 isn’t required, but you notice the difference. The second function is his unique. You get that as long as he’s alive and under a QGJ omicron, he can’t die until QGJ does. You’re giving +30 speed, +40% health, and +20% offense to everyone just for having all Republic Jedi.

Healers and supports separately get 10% of their health as offense. That makes it a little more enticing to have characters like Aayla, Barriss, Shaak TI, or even GMY. They’re all either healers or support. GMY is so good with JKR that taking him away isn’t worth it for me, but the rest are good options. And QGJ is a support. JKA doesn’t get the health to offense, but he gets the other bonuses.

When you do have KAM farmed and geared, there’s a little more flexibility in how you use him. KAM is actually very good under a JMK lead on offense. This team:

JMK (L), KAM, Ahsoka, CAT, and GAS/GK​

May as well be the best offensive team in the game. Give Shien to KAM and CAT will be getting her big hit very quickly and often. As a side bonus, the GAS version is all attackers. That helps in Conquest for feats that require all attackers or not supports or tanks.

There’s also a JML team with KAM that counters either JMK or LV. I can’t remember what the team is or the strategy, but it is supposed to be effective.

Themistocles likes this.
  19. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Well-Known Member

I posed this question in our guild chat on Discord, and I'll pose it here too. Currently, I'm in Aurodium 1, which requires 18 total teams. I keep flirting with moving to Kyber, which I understand requires 22 teams. Since I'm barely scraping together 18 for where I am, would it be a better investment at this time to build up enough teams to cover an eventual move to Kyber before I go all in on my next GL?

20. Electricboa

You get teams by going for a GL. As an example, let’s say you do SEE next, there’s 3/5 of a Trooper team right there. You also get parts of other teams and even a decent Empire team. Rey and SLKR give you two teams for Resistance and FO respectively (one would utilize the GL). LV gets you a Bad Batch team.

So as long as you’re working on building up new teams, they might as well contribute towards a GL. At least that’s my thought.