1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

General GAC 2.0 Questions

Discussion in 'Battle Advice' started by Electricboa, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

Yeah, agree…I’m slowly gaining some confidence in this new system. I know it’ll take time to sort out, but it’s starting to feel like things might be moving in the right direction.

jwall157 likes this.
  2. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Well, I’ve basically been on a losing streak the last week. Nothing as lopsided as that 10 million GP match-up, but I’m just not as efficient in my clearing as my opponent is. I am putting a decent amount of that on them having all the GLs. That’s letting them have an edge that I’m just not able to really match. They don’t put them all on defense, but it still means they have an extra team they can rely on.

But that won’t be for too much longer. I’m getting closer to being finished with Rose and I can then start working on tickets. Sadly, my losses have actually slowed me down because I otherwise could have just bought the gear and already been done with the requirements. Oh well. We’re getting to the end of the season, so those crystals will be sufficient if I’m still not done by then.

3. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

Just went 3-0 after I got moved to Bronzium 1. We’ll see how that changes things. I bet if I get over up to whatever the next division is, it won’t be easy.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  4. Electricboa

I went 1-2 this time. The second loss was on me because I used CLS against a Maul/Mandalorian team and got stuck in a TM loop with Beskar Mando. I’ve lost track of the times that happens to me. Both CLS and Trooper have the same problem. I end up with damage immunity on someone and that’s game over because I can’t defeat them, but they never get enough TM to take another turn and drop the damage immunity.

5. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I finished the last event at 2-1 to wrap up the season at 6-6.

My final opponent had 8.4 million GP and all 6 GLs, although he probably had just unlocked LV as it was under-geared at G10. He set it on defense with Maul and tanks. I used a JKR squad to beat it comfortably with everyone still alive. I won the match 1708-1677 with my omicron Zam making the difference. My Bossk (lead), Boba, Zam, Greef and Mando squad got a hold, while I cleared everything in one attempt. It was a satisfying way to end the season.

Overall, I'd like to do better, say 8-4, but considering I matched up against 4 opponents in the 8.2-8.5 million GP range, I think I held my own fairly well. Still ruing the loss by one banner. My skill rating is now 3,802.

On another note, I just looked at the global leaderboard for Kyber 1. Peempo, the guy who remods accounts, finished #3 and, surprise surprise, AhnaldT101 #6.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    jwall157 likes this.
  6. Laze

Laze Well-Known Member

It sounds rough up there in Kyber 1. Although I think you guys are coming out ahead as far as crystals as long as you can maintain a 6-6 record, right?

I have a question for the group. Now that we've seen a full season of omicron QGJ, what do you guys think of it relative to other omicrons? Is it worth it given the rarity of the mats? I've still been hesitant to pull the trigger with the impending nerf coming up. However, I'm also going to be desperate for more teams in Kyber next season. Even if the nerf makes him less of a GL killer, it's a team that at least has to be taken seriously if JKA is on the team. I'm also going to unlock KAM tomorrow, so I'd probably be looking at a team like this:

QGJ, JKA, KAM, filler (Aayla, Mace, Shaak, etc)

It steals JKA from Padme, but with CAT there he's probably less necessary, and when countering GLs he's not part of the squad anyway. And in a month and a half I'll have JMK so Padme gets gutted then anyway.

The other option is to keep hoarding omicrons to wait for the landscape to become a little more clear.

7. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Oh no, somehow Im getting promoted from Auro 1 straight to Kyber 4?!? How is that possible? Im so going to get my ass kicked next season. And did I read correctly that you can't be demoted down between Kyber and Aurodium in the middle of a season?

jwall157 likes this.
  8. Laze

Laze Well-Known Member

Correct, you're stuck in kyber for the whole season. I jumped to Kyber 3, which I was totally not expecting. I was worried enough about being competitive in Kyber 5!

Themistocles likes this.
  9. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

@Laze Ive got the omnicron now on my gear 11 Qui Gon - I’ll let you know how it goes, although by the time I get to use it you’ll probably have your own already lol.

10. Electricboa

I went 7-5, which is actually just slightly more than I would have gotten before. I ended up as 1,993 globally. It was not easy and I am expecting the next season to be more difficult as I got some early free wins this time. Rey will even things up for me because my opponents won’t be able to leave an extra GL on defense with impunity.

As far as QGJ, I only ever left it on defense. It got a hold or two, but I was using a pretty strong team with it:

QGJ (L), KAM, GK, JKA, and Barriss​

GK and JKA are R8, KAM is R7, Barriss and QGJ are R5. I have no idea how a G11 KAM would fare. He couldn’t be killed as long as QGJ is alive, so I guess it wouldn’t matter. If you were to use it on offense, you could use a lot fewer high-end Jedi and still be effective. Not sure about counting a GL, though. If a GL is present on either team, the part where QGJ’s allies cannot die while he’s alive is disabled. You only get the offense bonus.

I think the reason why you two got into Kyber 3 and 4 is because it’s just based on the number of points you have. You passed the threshold

11. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

On my end, after bouncing between Bronzium 3 and 5, I wound up in 3. As long as the GLs that were there in the early rounds cleared out, should be a pretty reasonable spot…I think. I’m closing in on getting Geos and FO reasonably geared up, so those will be new teams I can roll out next time around.

jwall157 likes this.
  12. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Active Member

I'm with you, got bumped from Auro 1 to Kyber 4. It's gonna be a tough season.

Themistocles likes this.
  13. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Kyber sets 11 total teams on defense right? I really have no idea where these 2 extra teams are coming from. I was already throwing Phoenix, Ewoks, Old Republic, and a wonky Wedge-lead Rebels team on defense. I seriously don't have four more teams to mess about with. Oh this is going to be painful.

14. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

I’m up to Chromuim 4 now. Anyone know how many teams that is??

Hopefully it’s not too hard - I only have 2.3mil GP. But if it is super hard then I guess I’ll just be moved down to Chromium 5.

15. Marc Tessier

Kyber 1 requires 11 squads on defense - 4 teams in both front territories and 3 in the back. I don't know whether it's the same for Kyber 2-5.

16. Electricboa

The number of teams is the same for the whole league:

[​IMG]

Not really sure what you can do about the extra teams. The only thing I can think of is to just but a couple very weak ones in the bottom back zone and either consider them as always being cleared or put stronger teams in the bottom font and hope your opponent doesn't reach the back zone. Either way, it's not ideal and you're going to be stuck with that the whole season.

But there is a small silver lining. Not for this coming GAC, but odds are you're going to drop to Kyber 5. When you do that, you should see what the minimum skill points to get into Kyber are. You drop back to Aurodium in the following GAC and you make sure that you manage your wins and losses to not end the season above that Kyber 5 threshold. If you have some wins, make sure you save enough matches at the end so you can throw them and stay in Aurodium 1. At least until you're able to field 4 more teams.

Though maybe it won't be as bad as it sounds. I mean there's probably a lot of players in the same exact boat as you. They got rapidly promoted and now don't have enough teams to cover everything. You could conceivably still get some wins. The fact that each league has a skill point threshold means that, in theory, players in Kyber 1 won't drop a bunch of players into the lower divisions. I went 7-5, but I'm 93 points higher than I started. If we're assuming 30-40 points per win/loss, you should only net lose per season if you go 4-8 below.

But that does make me wonder if there's potential for collusion again. This would only be practical in Kyber 1 because it should be relatively stable. If you could get enough players to agree, they could shoot for 6-6. Basically, once you win 6, you throw the others. Not sure how effective that could be, though. You certainly would have players who wouldn't want to do that and you'd need a large enough pool of players who do want it to make it practical.

17. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

I’m going to need two fleets!?!? That might be a problem lol. Yikes.

18. Electricboa

Technically, you’re going to need 4 in total because you’ll need two for defense and offense. That’s kind of where the GLs come in, since you passively get a fleet with most of them.

Though like I said, you’re probably looking at a lot of players in the same boat. The fact you have Malevolence and Negotiator means you’re probably ahead of a lot of people. Going forward, your opponents will have fleets based on their GLs. I doubt anyone in Chromium is anywhere close to the Executor.

Rey – Resistance
    SLKR – FO
    SEE – Empire
    JML – Rebels​

JMK and LV don’t really have fleets attached to them like the others, but again, I’d be shocked to see anyone in Chromium with them. Of the four you’re likely to encounter, Rebels and Empire have the potential to be the best. The only small catch is Rebels need Bistan’s U-Wing to reach their full potential and Empire has the Gauntlet. It’s hard to rank which one is better, but I think Rebels have more potential, while the Empire is better if you don’t have the special ship.

FO and Resistance are always the bottom tier of the synergy fleets with FO being generally superior on offense. Resistance has some defense potential, but it’s not usually difficult to work around. It can get tougher depending on what non-Resistance ships they have, but I don’t think that will be an issue in chromium, either. Besides, Rey is not a popular first GL.

I’d say keep one of your good fleets for offense and the other for defense, just like you were doing before. Set a weak second fleet and bank on your opponent matching you (if they have two good fleets) or not being able to clear your stronger defense fleet.

jwall157 likes this.
  19. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

Appreciate the advice! I’ll try and figure out how to make 4 - idk if I have enough ships leveled up lol.

20. Marc Tessier

GAC is getting pretty interesting as I'm seeing some Dash Rendar squads now and Katarn is starting to appear in MM teams. My second round opponent had incredible mods. I had an extra GL and a 400k GP "advantage", but he crushed me. All of his squads were going before me (except if I was using a GL). And it wasn't like just one character going first, it was practically his entire squad getting a turn before me.

He also had JMK, LV and JML at R9 and a fully relic'd Dash prepared squad with Vandor Chewie, Young Han, L3 and Young Lando, so he's clearly spending some cash. The Dash squad is damn good. I tried a classic Palpatine Empire squad against it. My plan was to fracture L3 to pin down Chewie, otherwise he keeps reviving everyone. I got his health into the red once, but then Fracture ended on L3 and I couldn't get at him. He healed up and I was toast. It's a bit like an updated NS squad with all the revives.

I'm waiting on today's opponent to attack. I put up 1,689 banners, but I left an opening for him as I needed two squads to clear a Dash scoundrel squad. He will have to 1-shot my Executor fleet though. He did save his for offense, but RNG can play a huge factor in those mirror matches. Sitting at 1-1 pending today's result.

Edit: And .... I lost. Not sure by how much as the final 6 hours of the attack phase are between midnight and 6am on my side of the world. So another 1-2 week. Boo!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    Skywlkr76 and Laze like this.