1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

General GAC 2.0 Questions

Discussion in 'Battle Advice' started by Electricboa, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

Congrats @Skywlkr76 and good luck @Marc Tessier!

I kind of messed up in the current round by not saving any good attackers for the back wall, then promptly ran into his Geos. Luckily my opponent spent his roster on defense and seems to have gotten tripped up by my Phoenix squad on the front wall (first time for everything). Happily no GLs in sight…yet!

Marc Tessier likes this.
  2. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

Haha! Reminds me of the time my gear 8 Ewoks got 3 holds on defense lol

Dgmr and Marc Tessier like this.
  3. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Not sure where to put this, but this is probably most related to GAC 2.0 so I'll give it a shot here:

QGJ now with omicron? How have people been modding him and his team? Reading the Omi, it seems like QGJ needs to be stacked with offense (plus offense arrow), don't worry about his health and pro so much because you want him to die, and then you need to stack his allies with speed demons?

Some day I'll get his team really well modded out, but right now I'm going to be using him with:

Aayla, will be G12 shortly and then relic'd for JMK. She'll probably be my best Jedi I use him with for now, should I make her a speed demon?

Then Ezra, Plo, and Mace (I'm going to stick slow health mods on him and will probably use him with JMK in GAC in the future).

4. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I think there are a few ways to go about it. The first big distinction is if you plan on using QGJ on offense or defense. If you choose to use him on offense, I don’t think you need to bank on him dying because the AI won’t go after him first all the time. If QGJ does die, then you miss out on some banners, so that’s not ideal.

On defense, there are two main strategies. The first is high offense on QGJ so JKA will nuke the other team. The problem there is if they can control JKA in any way (fracture, stun, ability block, etc.), it won’t work.

The second strategy is to give QGJ good characters with the intention of making it a harder team to defeat. JKA can be in there, but I’ve heard of variations that use JKL and JKR. For me, I put GK in there. This makes it so controlling JKA isn’t clean-cut because you have a tank or other powerful units there as threats.

Either way, I think the main purpose is to force your opponent to use a strong team to beat it. Ideally, they would use a GL. You’d get value by making them use one of their GLs against a team without one.

For you now, you don’t have JMK breaking up your Padme team, so there’s not a lot of incentive to preemptively break it up. You can get away with giving up JKA or GK, but both would probably hurt your Padme’s viability a bit. A couple things to point out. JKA’s bonus turn when someone falls below 50% or is defeated gets the +100% bonus offense only if all allies were Republic. GK’s taunt when allies lose bonus protection only applies if all allies are Republic, too. So if you want to use them, then you would basically need a full Republic Jedi team.

If you wanted to go all-out on QGJ for defense, you could do something like this:

QGJ (L), GMY, JKA, GK, and Aayla​

You can make GMY incredibly fast. He’ll give the team foresight, which will double the speed to offense conversion (60 x when they have foresight) and he’d give protection up to help GK taunt more.

If you did that, Padme could keep CAT, Ahsoka, Shaak Ti, and maybe Mace/Plo/C-3PO. That would substantially weaken your JKR team without GMY.

5. Laze

Laze Well-Known Member

After 3 rounds, I've somehow managed to go 9-0, including 3-0 in Aurodium 1 this past week. I've been fairly lucky with the matchups and only had to take down one opponent with more GLs than me. However, now I'm a bit concerned that I've set myself up for some pretty hard failure for the next few weeks. Presumably I'll be thoroughly outclassed in week 4, since I doubt there's much low hanging fruit hanging out in Aurodium 1 at this point. But my bigger concern is that I have a high probability of getting promoted to Kyber 5 next season. I don't nearly have the roster depth needed for 22 teams. I had already stooped to using Phoenix, Ewoks, and Jawas for a back wall just using 18 teams. And if that makes your nose turn, it'll get even uglier really quick if I need to scratch 4 more teams together.

Anyone think it's worth it to go into tank mode and try to fall back to Aurodium 2? It's less daily crystals, but I'll actually have a chance to win some matches. Although even if I go 0-3 this last week, there's no guarantee that's enough to fall down a division.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  6. Electricboa

That is an interesting question. Eventually, you should get in an equilibrium where you’d go 6-6. If you get to Kyber 5 and just start losing all the time, you’ll drop to Aurodium 1 on your own. If you are able to win some, then it is worth pointing out that you get 50 more crystals per win and loss in Kyber 5 vs Aurodium 1. Aurodium 2 is the same for a loss, but you get 40 fewer crystals per win compared to Aurodium 1.

Really, I don’t know what the point would be. In order to drop, you’d need to get a bunch of losses (and I don’t think you could drop now if you tried). At that point, you’re already losing out on crystals for those rounds. If you drop low enough to start winning all the time again, then you’ll just start climbing. That’s where the stability of 6-6 comes in.

I suppose in an ideal world, you’d stick in Aurodium 1 where you can win some matches and get into Kyber 5 at the very end of the season to get ~200 extra crystals from the final prize. Next season, drop to Aurodium 1 again and repeat.

7. Laze

Laze Well-Known Member

The only problem is that once you're in Aurodium or Kyber, you're stuck there the whole season if I understand it correctly. So if I start in Kyber 5 next season, I would stay in Kyber 5 the whole time even if I was in way over my head and went 0-12. I wouldn't bounce down to Aurodium 1 until the following season.

Within divisions 2-4, I think it makes sense to aim to finish as high as you can. But when you're at the borders between the leagues then that could be more problematic.

8. Electricboa

Hmm, that does seem to be the case. That’s kind of dumb. That means that everyone in Aurodium 1 and Kyber 5 will just be switching back and forth every other GAC season. I guess the saving grace there is everyone else in Aurodium 1 is coming with you, so you’ll all be in the same boat needing more teams.

Though at this point, I don’t know if you could actually drop to Aurodium 2 in the time you have left. Maybe? Just remember if you do throw your matches, you need to do at least one attack to get prizes for that round. If you don’t do anything, you’ll get no rewards even for losing.

9. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I should hire you to play GAC for me! ;)

10. Electricboa

I went 1-2 in the last one. To be fair, I had pretty much zero chance against a 10 million account. I cleared one zone and while I probably could have tried to clear the rest, I just decided it wasn’t worth it and left it at that.

But with 3540 as the cut-off for Kyber 1, I don’t think I’ll ever have to worry about dropping out. I’m at 3939 now and each win or loss only changes the score by 34 to 42 points. I’d need to go on a spectacular losing streak to be in danger of dropping. As it is, the losses I have had (not counting the 10 million opponent) all came down to efficiency. Both of us would clear everything.

11. Laze

Laze Well-Known Member

After getting a look at my new group for the week, my fears are partially confirmed. Here's the breakdown:

- 1 player with 4 GLs + 7* Executor
    - 2 players with 3 GLs + 7* Executor
    - 1 player with 3 GLs
    - 2 players with 2 GLs
    - 1 player with 1 GL + 5* Executor (me)
    - 1 player with 1 GL

So I have close to zero chance of winning against half of them, if they play correctly. Luckily, I drew one of the 2GL players in round 1, so at least there's a chance. I feel sorry for the poor schumck with 1GL that doesn't even have Executor.

jwall157 likes this.
  12. Marc Tessier

Nothing you can do against and opponent with roughly 2 million more GP. That's the biggest mismatch I've ever heard of in GAC. You're too good of a player to drop down to Kyber 2. Plus you always keep up with the latest characters, which will ensure you stay competitive.

I went 1-2 last week and sit 4-5 overall. My skill rating is 3769.

Getting a bit tired of these 6 GL matchups. My first round opponent has the same skill rating, but 6 GLs and 8.5 million GP to my 7.8 million GP. I set 4 GLs on defense and non-GL meta squads like Shaak + 501st, Rebels, BH with Zam's omicron, GG, Nute and Seppies, along with Padme/Bad Batch.

13. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Ooooh boy Im about to get a 4 GL (him) vs 2 GL matchup (me). He doesn't have Executor, but he's probably no dummy and will block the fleet zone with something like 3x GLs.

14. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

My mix this week is half made up of 3+ million gp who are horrible. I’m talking 1 or 0 gear 13s and a few zetas, or the most random hodgepodge of gear 13 characters I’ve ever seen. Then there’s a few decent people around my gp (2.3 mil) and one or two decent ones around 3 million.

If I play my cards right I can probably go 3-0 this week. However, that might push me up a level. Currently I’m in bronzium 1. Idk, I’ll still try my best

Marc Tessier likes this.
  15. Laze

Laze Well-Known Member

Well, after winning my first round matchup as the underdog, I've finally hit a brick wall. My next opponent has LV, JMK, SLKR, SEE, CAT, Maul, and 7* Executor. Really crazy mods too, pretty much rivals what ElectricBoa has as far as total 6 dots, 25+ and 20+. It's about as impressive an account as you can imagine at 5.3 million GP. So my streak ends here. I think I'm at 47 in a row, and will never reach those heights again.

Marc Tessier and jwall157 like this.
  16. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

:(

17. Marc Tessier

It was a great run!

18. Marc Tessier

My 6 GL opponent in round 1 had an auto defense, so I got a free win.

Round 2 match is even with 5 GLs each and 7* Executor, although he does have a R9 Piett.

19. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

For me, back up to Bronzium 3 from 5. Interesting rosters - similar to what jwall157 faced: few G13, maybe a few G12, and pretty random characters - no solid teams or synergy. The GLs I faced last time in Bronzium 3 seem to have cleared out (presumably promoted). I messed up round 1 but round 2 is off to a better start. I think I beat most/all of my opponent’s G13/12 characters on defense, so don’t think they’ve got much left in the bag for offense…we’ll see…

Marc Tessier and jwall157 like this.
  20. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

Seems like we both got a mix of:
    1. people who started out higher but fell down to us because of their disconnected rosters, and
    2. People like us who have climbed up a bit

Marc Tessier and Dgmr like this.