1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

General GAC 2.0 Questions

Discussion in 'Battle Advice' started by Electricboa, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

So on my end it’s official. Finished #1 and was promoted to Bronzium 3.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  2. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I ended up losing. He one-shot all my defensive squads. It took me two battles to defeat his Executor. I didn't have TIE fighter or Ebon Hawk to try BitDynasty's Malevolence counter to Executor. I'll have to be more careful when setting my fleet defenses this time out.

3. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Has anyone figured out how to manage their crystal revenue from GAC? One thing I kinda liked about the old system was that you had an expected crystal revenue everyday which meant that I knew how to handle my crystal refresh expenditures each day, while slowly increasing my crystal reserve or keeping it flat.

Now with the spikiness of crystal revenue, its a lot harder to predict what I should be doing every day since its tied to wins and losses. Its harder for me to protect a crystal reserve.

My old corp finance tendencies are probably showing themselves here...

4. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I usually base it off of what I know I will get: the daily crystal based on the league and the fleet arena. In my case, that’s 260 plus the 400, so 660 total per day. The wins and losses are above and beyond that.

If I do 3 cantina refreshes a day, that’s 300. Three regular energy refreshes is 150. And Three fleet energy refreshes is another 150. So my outflow is 600, leaving me a net 60 crystals per day.

I also like to keep about 1k on hand for a buffer. You figure during Conquest that would be an extra drain that I don’t normally account for. And I occasionally mess up and do an extra 100 crystal energy refresh because I’m not paying attention and double tap at the wrong time.

I’m not counting any node refreshes, since I’m not actively farming anyone. But I don’t normally refresh fleet energy. I’m really only doing it for the GL requirements.

You’re Aurodium 2, so that’s 100 fewer crystals than I get, so you’d be averaging a net loss of 40 per day if you did all that. More if you’re also refreshing specific nodes. With the crystals you get from the wins/losses, you probably could still break even or come out ahead, but it would be a constant dance of when the battles are happening and when they aren’t.

5. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Ive been doing 3x fleet, 3x mods (since Im still trying to slice up and grow my mod reserve), 1x cantina, 3x reg for a total of 550, no node refresh. Just moved up to Auro 1, so I think that's...160 + 400 fleet , and I think someone once calculated that all daily activities + GW is 165, so that's 625 and a net increase of ~75 day at this rate. I suppose this GAC reserve will be nice for 7 starring the Executor, then I wonder what I'll do with it...

6. Electricboa

I completely forgot about the daily activity crystals and GW.

As far as how you would use the excess after the Executor, I would say there’s a few options. There will always be new characters you might want to farm more quickly. That’s only 25 and 50, depending on how much you’d want them, but it does substantially speed things up.

Farming signal data from the cantina is pretty useful. You might not need it just yet, but having a bunch in reserve will come in handy in the future. Along those lines, the lowest kind of relic salvage is sold for crystals. I think it’s 600 for 120 salvage. It sounds really bad, but I end up needing to do that because the conversion ration for that one is horrible. Buying it outright is less trouble for me.

That has a side bonus now of increasing your chances of an extra omicron now and then. I don’t know how many I’ve gotten there so far, but it’s been a few. I’m at 22 now and that’s after QGJ and Zam. I know I’m ahead of a lot of players in my guild and I think some of it does stem from my cantina farming.

Mostly, I just use the extra crystals for gear. Farming it is far cheaper in the long run, but sometimes I just want to be done with it and being able to buy here and there can speed things up. You can also buy R8 relic stuff if you don’t want to convert it.

If you really wanted to, I know there’s one or two people in my guild that just hoard it. They save up something like 30k and they could whale on a brand-new character without spending actual money. I don’t see the appeal personally, but I guess it depends on the character.

Themistocles likes this.
  7. Laze

Laze Well-Known Member

Before the changes, I tried to do 3x refreshes on each energy type. These refreshes are the best balue in the game when it comes to crystals. This costs 750 crystals/day.

For the new system, I think applying some conservative assumptions is appropriate for budgeting.

400 fleet arena
    95 daily activities + gw
    10 login calendar
    160 daily aurodium 2
    180 GAC round/week/month prizes (assume 1-2 record each round)
    40 TB
    ——————-

So it still seems sustainable to buy all the energy refreshes. Conquest does pinch the budget further, so banking about 1500 surplus for that seems wise, and there’s still room for a couple of hard node refreshes if needed.

The 2nd best deal for crystals is buying certain gear pieces - mainly Mk 8 Biotech and Mk 5 Thermals (both 750 crystals for 50). I believe it’s actually cheaper to buy these outright than it is to get them from farming nodes. So any other surplus I have is either going to this gear, or major bottleneck pieces like Mk 3 holos (full piece only) and Kyrotech. I haven’t had to resort to buying circuit boards, so I’m not sure on those. But there will be less overall that I’ll be using to buy gear straight up.

8. Marc Tessier

I usually do the 3x Cantina energy refreshes and 3x LS/DS energy refreshes for 450 crystals per day. Right now, I'm also doing one refresh for 25 crystals on Fennec Shand's node.

I'll add some fleet refreshes the day all energy is counted for Guild activities.

I like having crystals on hand for high-level gear/resources. My most common crystal purchases are kyros, electrium conductors, zimbiddles, and flawed signal data. But add carbonite circuit boards to that since I recently learned they are available at a price of 600 crystals for 120.

Themistocles likes this.
  9. Electricboa

Just letting everyone know CG broke GAC again. There’s a few bugs I saw people reporting. The one I got was when I beat a Holdo fleet, got points for it and clearing the zone, but it still shows it partially greyed-out and if I go into the zone, it looks like I failed against it. One battle attempt listed, but the initial 3 ships are showing full health/protection.

Other issues I saw people reporting were being able to use the same team multiple times and two defense zones showing the same teams.

Whatever they did to ‘fix’ the leaderboards likely caused it. I’m guessing they’re going to be forced to cancel GAC given how big the bugs are.

10. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

Makes sense - lots of chatter in my guild right now with similar observations. One person had no buttons to turn auto on/off etc and other stuff.

11. Marc Tessier

I didn't notice anything unusual when I did my attacks. I'm expecting a loss though since I had rough RNG with my JKR counter to GG as the AI hard-focused on Jolee. So needed two teams to beat him. Ah well, it happens. And, my SEE couldn't get past a Bastilla Shan (lead), Wat, JML squad. Sitting on 1,679 points waiting for my opponent to attack.

12. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

So round 2 is interesting. Went 3-0 in round 1 playing very rosters with essentially the same GP. Now in round 2, I skipped up from Bronzium 5 to 3 and am playing noticeably higher GP rosters (ie 1+ MM higher). It’s almost like the algorithm over corrects…

13. Electricboa

Not necessarily. You figure it’s based off of your skill rating. Both you and I went 3-0 in the first round and we each got +123 points for it. So the points we get per win is the same (41 per battles). We don’t know what the point threshold is for each division, but I think it’s reasonable to think they’re equal within a single league. So if your 123 points got you to move up two divisions, it should hold true that someone in Bronzium 1 who lost all three battles would be in Bronzium 3, too. Or maybe someone in Bronzium 2 lost two and won one.

Either way, you are going to potentially have some really bad matchmaking over the next few GACs because it’s only looking at the points now instead of GP. Bronzium 5 was originally around 1.8 to 2 million GP and Bronzium 1 was 3.17 to 3.4 million GP. But in the eyes of the game, if you won all three and they lost all three, you would be able to be matched.

Over time, it should stabilize, but the GP in the initial league and divisions might very well be different from what they become after a few rounds. Now, I know CG said that ~10% of players should move up/down, but it’s very likely that they just created thresholds. It would be reasonable to say Bronzium 5 started at around 2k skill points. That’s the only reason I can see why you can jump 2 divisions like that.

Based on your numbers, I’m guessing each division is about 100 points between each other. If you start at Bronzium 5 and say that’s 2,000 and count up 100 at a time, Kyber 1 is 3,900. My initial skill rating based on GP was 3,810. So it’s not exact, or I’d be in Kyber 2, but it should be a rough estimate of how much it will take to get to the next division. If that is true, then you could theoretically move up and down through divisions pretty quickly as you win and lose.

14. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

That makes sense and I bet is what’s happening. It might’ve been nice if they had somehow scaled the points to moderate the jumps / bumpiness, at least in the early stages. But is what it is and yeah, I agree that the matchmaking is going to be ugly for a bit (in fairness, it was for me in round 1 too - it just worked to my favor there ).

I do wonder what the overall balance of active rosters is by GP or skill level and how they got distributed in the initial division assignments. Curious if the distribution either is now or has the risk of being top or bottom heavy. Not sure anyone outside CG can know that, but will be interesting to see over time at least individually.

15. Marc Tessier

I ended up 2-1 for the round that just concluded and am sitting at 3-3 overall.

My final opponent saved all 5 GLs and QGJ for offense. I full-cleared his territories with one little hiccup. It took me 2 battles to get past his MM squad. My Jawas usually do just fine against them, but he had a relic SRP, who kept reviving for the final 3m30s of the battle. I thought I was toast after that. But ....

My LV, Maul, Shore, RG, KRU squad got a defensive hold in the northern territory. Yay! And he needed 2 squads to defeat my DR/Malak squad, which had an R4 Sith Trooper for the first time. Definitely curious if that had something to do with the successful defense. My opponent gave up after that, probably figuring he had no chance of beating my score.

It was a fairly even match -- both 5 GLs and 7-star Executor. He had a 300k GP edge, so I'm rather pleased today.

I invested the winnings in 3 Carbonite Circuit Board packs at 500 crystals each -- got drops of 200, 150 and 100.

Laze likes this.
  16. Electricboa

I lost on my last battle, so I'm 5-1, but that already nets me equal to what I was doing before. Even if I go on a losing streak, I'm still pretty well off.

Yeah, that’s a really good buy for me. Unfortunately, I actually spent 600 on the regular one right before the packs came out, so I lost out there. But I did get to do four attempts on it and got 150, 200, 200, and 300. So I’m up to 925 right now on Carbonite Circuit Boards.

I’m tempted to do a couple more before the time runs out just because I know I’m going to need them eventually. I know I need 420 more for the Rey requirements and if I take Rey to R8, that’s 220 more on top. Not to mention if I go for Starkiller, that’s four more R5s at 160 each, so they do add up.

17. Marc Tessier

Great drops!

18. Marc Tessier

This week's bracket features four players with all 6 GLs, three (including me) with 5 GLs, and one poor lad with just 4 GLs.

My first opponent has 6 GLs -- surprise, surprise -- and 300K more GP, but oddly no Executor. So should be interesting.

19. Dgmr

Dgmr Active Member

I dropped from Bronzium 3 back to 4 after going 1-2 last round. My last opponent’s roster was basically nothing but FO, and SLKR. He put SLKR on defense and I couldn’t clear him, so that was that. We’ll see how today’s round shapes up.

20. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Well-Known Member

I’ve bumped up to Aurodium 2, and I’m the only one in my bracket with a GL. The good news is that I can just put JML on defense and call it a day.

Dgmr and Marc Tessier like this.