1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

General Anakin

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

The time has come.

Requirements
    At least level 85 to see the event

Tier 1:

• Anakin's Eta-2 Starfighter (7*, 40,000 GP)
    • Galactic Republic Capital Ship (7*, 40,000 GP)
    • At least 3 other Galactic Republic Ships (7*, 40,000 GP)
    Tier 2:
    • Ahsoka Tano (7*, 17,700 GP)
    • C-3PO (7*, 17,700 GP)
    • General Kenobi (7*, 17,700 GP)
    • Padmé Amidala (7*, 17,700 GP)
    • Shaak Ti (7*, 17,700 GP)
    Tier 3:
    • All units needed are temporarily given to you for the battle
    Tier 4:
    • Asajj Ventress (7*, 17,700 GP)
    • B1 Battle Droid (7*, 17,700 GP)
    • B2 Super Battle Droid (7*, 17,700 GP)
    • Droideka (7*, 17,700 GP)
    • IG-100 MagnaGuard (7*, 17,700 GP)

2. Electricboa

I’m doing my math and it’s all going to come down to how long the event runs for. If we get a full week, I’ve got a reasonable shot. If I were to buy the rest of Shaak Ti from shipments, it would cost me 4,720 for all 59. I get 850-900 crystals a day, but let’s say 800 to take into account refreshes to be safe. After fleet payout, I’ll be sitting on 1,800 crystals. So 4 days or so and I would have enough crystals to buy her outright, but I intend to keep farming her and try to cut down on the cost as much as I can.

I now have Shaak Ti at G9 without Zetas and she’s 13,059 GP. Zetas give about 2k each, so that plus the boost for 7 stars should get her close to or over the requirement. Unfortunately, getting to G10 requires 200 Kyrotech, which could be a sticking point. Depending on the difficulty, I might need her at G10 to actually beat the tier.

For T1, I have Windu at G11, but all the abilities on his ship are maxed out. All I’m really missing out on is extra damage and speed, but Windu never really hit that hard anyway and he was a slow capital ship to boot. I more than make up for it in the fighters. Anakin is G13 R4, Fives is G13 R3, Ahsoka is G13 R2, Sergeant and Rex are G12. Anakin, Ahsoka, and Fives all have their Zetas and Mk 6 mods. I should be covered here.

T2 is the tricky one. I already went over Ahsoka. GK is G13 R4 with his Zeta, C-3PO is G12 with both Zetas, and Padme is G12 (only the finisher from G13) with her Zetas. Shaak Ti would be my weak point. She’d have both Zetas, but I’m not sure. If I took her to G10, I could get her to G11 easily. G12 needs another Kyrotech, which would be tough to pull off. I would just need to count on the rest of my team to carry it. Plus, GK does have his Zeta, so he should be taunting a lot.

T3 shouldn’t be too bad. Everyone is G12 and everyone has all their Zetas except Magnaguard. I’ll either make it or won’t. No way to take any of them to G13 in time.

So overall, I’m pretty close. Shaak Ti is my only sticking point. I just have to hope I can make it in time and I can do it without her being G12 or G13. At least I didn’t waste gear when I was getting Anakin, GK, Ahsoka, and Fives to G13. It might have been nice to have some of the Kyrotech back, but everyone is going to be needed.

3. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

That's pretty amazing if you can make it. The requirements are steep.

Totally stoked to see his kit.

I'm actually at ease with this Epic Confrontation. I won't get General Anakin on the first go, but very few FtP and light spenders will, which I find ideal. What makes me happy is that for the most part, the requirements are characters and ships I like and wanted to invest in anyway.

Currently have Shaak Ti at 56/85 (G11 + 2 pieces, 2 zetas, approx 18.9k power) so there's little chance I will finish her shards unless they start raining down on me. Other than her, Magnaguard (G8) and B2 (G11) are the only others that don't meet the requirements.

I've pushed GK to R5 and fleet battles have been really easy whether it's against the Falcon and Rebels or mirror matches. Since, I've always loved GK I may max him out. Anakin is now R4 and Fives just needs a finisher for G13. Ahsoka's ship is loads of fun, so she may be my next G13. She needs both G12+ pieces (one is ready) and the finisher, but if I decide to farm the injector head I could probably promote her within a week. Plo Koon is G12 + 2 pieces and I've recently bumped Clone Sergeant to G12. So my Galactic Republic fleet is in pretty good shape overall right now and will only get stronger.

After a quick check of my fleet shard, I'm one of 12 players currently running the Negotiator as capital ship.

4. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I should be good on the Fleet stage. I've got Mace at G12 and his ship is maxed out. Anakin is G13 R5, Ahsoka is G12, Fives is G12, then I've got Sarge at G10 and Plo at G11. Rex is G12 but his ship is only 4* still. Can't ever seem to catch shards on the stores. I'm hoping that the core three can carry the stage though.

For the second stage, I've got GK at G13 R4, Ahsoka at G12 and her zeta, C3P0 at G12 with his primary zeta applied, and Padme is G12 with both zetas. Shaak Ti will be the sketchy part here, I'm 58 shards away from 7*. I've got her at G11 already and only need the Mk5 Chedak Comlink to push her to G12. However, I don't have either of her zetas done. I can likely get one of them done, if it's needed, before the end of the event. But then I wouldn't have any available to put on General Anakin.

For the final stage, I should be pretty well prepared I think. I've got 4 of the required characters at G13 R1 with 2 zetas on Asajj, and the zetas on B2 and B1. Droideka is G12.

I think with some extra refreshes and decent luck, I'll be on pace to get Shaak Ti done in time. Hopefully the 7th star and last gear piece for G12 will get her close to the 17.7k number. Hopefully close enough that moving Mk 6 mods over might get it close enough to save me the zeta. Everyone else at this point is over the minimum GP requirement without needing to spend anything. So provided the difficulty isn't through the roof, I should be able to get him unlocked.

I'm thinking this will follow the same path as Malak in that he will unlock at 5* and then his shards will show up in one of the stores. I'm hoping he shows up in the same spot as Malak (not that I have a bunch saved up anymore, been spending that on gear since 7*ing Malak), but I could also see them putting him in the GEC II section. That would be a punch in the balls since nobody is done with GK's ship yet, so it would force us to split focus or wait on one or the other. I doubt anyone has any significant amount of that currency saved up with the Negotiator farm going strong. It makes sense for them to put him there though. If they put him in GEC I, they almost gives folks a disincentive to do Geo TB since you can earn much more GEC I in Hoth, especially the DS version (if you can max star Hoth that is). I'm not sure that top 100 guilds would actually dip back to Hoth just for Gen Anakin, but it really depends on what his kit looks like and how he fits into the meta. If he's Malak level strong, I could see some guilds really thinking about it for the advantage it could give in TW/GAC

5. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

I may be in the minority on this, but I actually like the way they're doing this one. I guess because it's something different and not a re-hash of the same old, same old.

That being said, it's probably going to be awhile before I ever get him unlocked. I have come to terms with the fact that this is yet another meta that I'll miss, and that's ok. While I do think this will probably shift the meta, I feel like it's going to be a short lived meta, and that it's going to shift again later this year with the release of EP9.

Granted, I'm behind on farming my droids. They just haven't been a high priority for me since I can't seem to find shards to farm GG. They've always been something that I've had on the back-burner, and I could move them up some, but that's not really what's going to hold me back for this event. The part that is really going to hold me back is Tier 1, specifically the capital ship requirement. I've already been working on my GR ships, because I've always planned on switching to the Negotiator as soon as they announced it was coming into the game. So I've been trying to save up resources so when I finally get it unlocked, I can start gearing it up. There is no way I'm fixing to waste them by dumping them into the Endurance.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  6. Electricboa

UNIT NAME: General Skywalker
    ALIGNMENT: Light
    CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Leader, 501st, Galactic Republic, Jedi
    Fierce Jedi Attacker who protects his battalion at all costs

Developer Insights: General Skywalker

ABILITIES:

Basic: Furious Slash
    [​IMG]

FINAL TEXT (ZETA): Deal Physical damage to target enemy. This attack can't be evaded and ignores Defense.

If this is the first ability General Skywalker uses during his turn, he immediately uses the Special ability Telekinesis, if able.

Telekinesis: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If possible, this attack will critically hit enemies with Armor Shred. If the target enemy is Dazed, reduce General Skywalker's ability cooldowns by 1. This attack ignores Defense.

Special 1: Sundering Strike (Cooldown 3)
    [​IMG]

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Armor Shred. If they are Dazed, this attack deals double damage.

If this is the first ability General Skywalker uses during his turn, reset Force Grip's cooldown.

Special 2: Force Grip (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and Daze them for 2 turns. If possible, this attack will critically hit enemies with Armor Shred.

If this is the first ability General Skywalker uses during his turn, reset Sundering Strike's cooldown.

Leader: General of the 501st

FINAL TEXT (ZETA): All units can't be revived.
    All 501st allies have +50% Critical Damage.
    When an enemy gains a buff, all 501st allies gain 2% Offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter.
    While there are other active 501st allies, General Skywalker:
    • Can't drop below 100% Health
    • Advances if he has 100% Protection and takes Cover if he has 0% Protection at the end of every turn
    • Removes all other status effects when he takes Cover
    • Leaves Cover and takes a bonus turn when all other 501st allies are defeated

Advance:
    • Taunt, which can’t be dispelled or prevented
    • Other 501st allies can't lose Health

Cover:
    • Can't be targeted
    • Immune to damage and status effects
    • Speed set to 0
    • Recover 10% Protection and Turn Meter at the end of every turn, which can’t be prevented.

Unique 1: The Chosen One

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) General Skywalker uses an additional ability during his turn.

Whenever General Skywalker critically hits an enemy during his turn, increase their cooldowns by 1 (excluding raid bosses), which can't be resisted.

If he is critically hit, General Skywalker dispels all debuffs on himself. Enemies attacking out of turn can't critically hit.

If the target enemy has no Protection when General Skywalker uses an ability, reduce their current Max Health by 20% for rest of the battle (stacking, excluding raid bosses), which can't be resisted.

Unique 2: Hero with no Fear

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of battle, General Skywalker gains 25% Defense, 15% Max Protection, and 25% Tenacity for each other 501st ally until all other 501st allies are defeated.

If all allies are 501st at the start of battle, General Skywalker gains the following:
    • 100% counter chance and 50% Critical Chance
    • When all other allies are defeated, General Skywalker can't be critically hit and gains 35% Turn Meter after every enemy turn

7. Electricboa

Well, General Anakin looks completely broken. I'm really going to have to try and make the push to get him. He only unlocks at 5 star, though. No matter where we get the other shards, I have nothing really saved up, so it'll be a long time until he's 7 stars

8. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

All I can say is....holy ####

I knew when I saw a zeta on his basic, that he was going to be a monster.

I have to say though, I’m really enjoying watching everyone completely lose their minds over on the official forum.

9. Electricboa

I think part of the reason is there are a significant number of players who really rely on getting crystals from the arena (squad and fleet) to really keep playing the game. I’m certainly in that group. I haven’t spent any money on this game in quite a while. My last two purchases:

Nest bundle right after her release ($10) – June 7, 2018
    Veteran Han and Chewie bundle from JTR’s first release ($30) – December 21, 2017

So more or less, I haven’t really spent money for almost 2 years. Nest was an aberration purely because it looked like she was going to be massively overpowered and I got a gift card. I’ve basically been living off of arena crystals all that time, and it’s pretty lucrative when you can pull down 800-900 crystals a day. And I am not alone. There are a lot of people in the same boat. Most people in my arena haven't spent in quite a while--there just wasn't any need to.

Those people are panicking because General Anakin might shut them out of the arena. That can be a death sentence to players that need those crystals to grow as fast as they have. All of a sudden, not only do they not get GAS, they also stop getting the 400 or 500 crystals they used to on a daily basis. Fewer crystals mean you can’t gear characters as quickly or farm them. As it is, the only reason I have a shot is because I can count on those crystals to finishg Shaak Ti. That’s why I think a good chunk of people are losing it. GAS is massively OP, but not getting him could mean not getting enough crystals to catch the next meta.

10. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

I'll be interested to see him in action, reading the descriptions he sounds kind of invincible. I wonder if Annihilate would work on him? Thrawn is always a go-to counter with fracture as well.

Good luck to all of you who have a chance to get him, when you're used to the top of arena it's really disheartening to fall from grace.

11. Marc Tessier

Community manager Crumb has stated on the official forums that Nihilus' Annihilate move does work. Remember, the move doesn't do damage, it just instantly defeats a character.

Fracture's not going to be effective since his taunt can't be dispelled and when General Skywalker drops into "Cover" he loses all status effects.

He's basically a mini-raid boss. They've taken the "Call to Action" concept (switching between offense and defense) from CLS and made it even better with the Advance and Cover mechanics. Then, once you've managed to defeat all of his enemies, General Skywalker goes into a new mode similar to "Enraged" for raid bosses.

12. Marc Tessier

Well, well, well ... it will be fascinating to see how he functions.

My initial impressions are that he's going to be huge in raids as he can apply Armor Shred with all three of his attacks.

General Skywalker's leadership kills any chance of JKR squads being effective against him. Jolee won't be able to revive anyone and the 501st gain 2% offence (stacking) when an enemy gains a buff, which would give them a hefty increase in damage when GMY spreads buffs around.

He gets two moves every turn!

His Chosen One unique means Malak won't be a problem.

His AoE attack with daze shuts down CLS and the Rebels, plus all the assists Padme GR teams generate.

When he takes "Cover", he takes no damage so GG's huge AoE will have no effect. When he has "Advance", GG won't be effective either since 501st allies can't drop below 100% health.

Palpatine will be useless since GS has +100% tenacity until all 501st allies are defeated. Plus Rex will give everyone Tenacity Up.

I wonder what the mirror matches will be like.

Basically, players will have to target GS first, wipe out his protection and then race against the clock to take out Rex and the others before GS regains "Advance". But this should provide time for Rex to get off his Aerial Assault at least once since Fives will likely be taunting.

Definitely seems broken. But maybe there's something we're missing.

13. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

I guess it would be some kind of hybrid squad to deal with it, would plague work to get the team down?
    JKR can apply mark to bypass the taunt, other characters can ignore taunt as well.

Definitely a new toy for the whales and the well prepared to play with, I'd expect a return in 3 months.

14. Marc Tessier

Would be funny to see a team of CLS, Boba, Jango, JKR and Nest -- they all can ignore taunts.

15. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

There's going to be a lot of people who don't get him, so I'm expecting some unusual mixes to shake things up! Either way I am happy it's not something I have to stress over.

16. Electricboa

While they said that Annihilate would kill Anakin, it might not be all that possible to actually get to a point where you can use it. Remember that Anakin increases the cooldowns of whoever he critically hits during his turn. Anakin attacks twice a turn and one of his attacks is an AOE, and is his team is full 501st, then he gets a bonus +50% crit chance on top of his base chance, so he’s going to be getting crit hits all the time.

Nihilus has his AOE, but it could be a delicate balance to actually gain from it. Rex can put up tenacity up and Ahsoka cleanses on her basic when she crits. That could mean having a 50/50 shot of reducing Annihilate’s cooldown. On top of Anakin increasing it. I’m not saying it can’t be done, but I have doubts about it being a reliable counter.

Jedi Revan would have no chance against 501st. Anakin’s kit prevents revives and Echo’s Zeta would wipe them out very quickly with all the foresight.

What’s the point in ignoring taunts when 501st allies can’t lose health when Anakin has Advance? You could knock out their protection, but you’re still going to have to deal with Anakin before you can take anyone else out.

Kevthejedi likes this.
  17. Electricboa

I can’t believe it, but I finally beat P4 with a G12 team. I saw a reddit post talking about putting speed on Droideka and decided to spend a few hours playing around with it. I don’t even know what I did, they all kind of blend together at this point. It might have just been insane luck. At this point, I’m not sure of anything. I don’t even want to think about how many hours it took me in total. I thought Padme’s event was bad, but this was insane. No way I could have done it without the Zeta on Droideka. I remember thinking it might have been a waste back when I did it. Now who’s laughing, past me? Me, that’s who!

Screw you, CG. I hope whoever set the difficulty for this event gets a paper cut for every attempt I made. And someone spills lemon juice on you afterwards.

Apparently, someone did it with even less. I don’t even know how:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/dhl9n9/lowest_tier4_gas_complete/

SumiXam, Kevthejedi and Marc Tessier like this.
  18. Marc Tessier

Congrats Boa!

I feel for you on the time sink and all the attempts. Felt the exact same during the Darth Malak event. There's a big difference between challenging and pure insanity. I wish CG would figure this out.

I stuck a zeta on Droideka long ago figuring it was wise for that team. Glad it will help out the next time around.

Apparently Mobile Gamer spent over $700 to gear up the characters to beat the event. That's nuts, in my opinion. Hope he makes a fair amount back from his subscribers.

19. Electricboa

The funny thing is Malak was easy for me because I got him the second time around. I think it took me 2 or 3 tries because I had pretty well geared characters and the difficulty wasn’t as bad as Padme and now GAS were. It was possible to beat Malak with the minimum on some characters. For GAS, I don’t think so.

Yeah, CG has been getting worse and worse on events. I considered Malak the work event in the game’s history because of how it was done and the requirements, but I think GAS is worse. With Malak, it was possible for most people to get it the first time with $400-500. That’s still insane, but it was possible for some to do it for less depending on their situation.

There’s no way the average player could have been ready for GAS. You figure it required 4 ships and a capital ship at 7 star, The GP meant that 7 star pilots would be needed. Ahsoka overlapped, but in total, we’re talking about 19 characters and ships. Most of them needed Zetas and had to be well above the minimum to be able to win. I snuck by on a G9 Shaak Ti because everyone else has all their Zetas, GK and Ahsoka were G13, and everyone else was G12. I probably wouldn’t have done it with much less. My mods really saved the day.And there was a Reddit post that outlined how to do it with Shaak Ti at G9. That was very helpful.

As for P4, the Droideka Zeta is absolutely necessary if you want a shot using anything less than a couple G13s or more on your team. That assist is just so useful.

I saw some of his livestream and it was painful. I wasn’t going to spend anything and getting anyone to G13 would have been impossible. Ventress was the closest, but I just didn’t have the crystals to pull it off in time. I just had to hope and keep trying with what I had. But MobileGamer probably made most of it back in donations from the stream. I think I saw someone donate $100 at one point. But $700 to G13 one or two characters, right? I know he was shooting for B1, but didn’t stick around to see if he did Ventress, too.

In total, I think 10 or 11 people in my guild got him. One actually had enough GET to 7 star him. Not me. I've got next to nothing, so it'll be a long time before I can finish him.

20. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

Congrats on beating the event @Electricboa , looked like a pig!