1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Galactic Legends

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Dagor, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

For GL Rey, I'm guessing the next 4 requirements to be revealed will be: Rose, Holdo, BB-8 and R2.

My guess for the final three are: Hero Finn, Hero Poe and the Raddus.

I believe there's one character/ship from The Rise of Skywalker that we don't know about yet. If it's LS, then I could see them dropping R2 and including it.

2. Marc Tessier

My first thought when I looked at Raddus' kit was that it's going on defense in TW.

3. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Man, these GL requirements are getting ridiculous. At this point, I wonder if I should stop everything and go ahead and start working on Rebels for when they announce Jedi Luke.

AhnNu Rie likes this.
  4. Marc Tessier

Not a bad idea. We could end up needing every Rebel in the game at R5 or higher, plus whatever new stuff that comes out to create a panic farm.

CG has announced some vague "ticket system" that will be required for the GL events. They said very little, but it sounds as though we will have to earn tickets to run the event. If you fail the event and need more tickets to try again, players will be justifiably pissed off. With extremely steep requirements to begin with there's just no way they should be adding another hoop to jump through. How boring and frustrating do they want to make this event?

5. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

While the rumor on the Rey requirements seems to false, I do think Zorii Bliss is a strong candidate for a character and ship. The Resistance definitely needs a new ship to be viable and I can’t think of who else they could pick. Maybe the wacky space bombers from TLJ?

But I would say R2 and C-3PO are the least likely to be used for requirements because of how many people have the geared and how often they’re already used in other events. CG wouldn’t want to make a single character too valuable. Better for them to spread it out to more obscure ones to make people pay.

Maybe, but I’m not sure. You’re probably going to need G13 pilots to be a real threat with them, and there’s still a significant portion of the player base that doesn’t get into ships. And unless you’re going for GL Rey, you won’t have most of those pilots geared very far.

I wouldn’t. For one, Jedi Luke had been in promotional work since the beginning and we still haven’t got him. It could be another 5 years and we still won’t get him.

But this is why I didn’t think it was a good idea to go after either GL, unless you already have GAS and/or Malak. The requirements are insane and we don’t even know the second half yet. And like Mark Tessler said, CG is now talking about a new currency. They keep moving the goal posts, like they always do.

Near as I can tell, that’s CG’s new strategy. They announce this new uber character, dole out insane requirements (GAS/GL) or last-minute announcements (Malak) so people spend money and they get good quarters. And then, they gateway the character so people have to wait to use them, so they have time to figure out their next uber character to make money. It’s not a coincidence that GAS came out not long after a lot of people finished Malak. And now GL Rey and Kylo now that most people who could, got GAS finished. The difference with GAS is CG forgot people could hoard and some got him too early. So now, they’ll create new currencies so it’s impossible for anyone to get a character too soon for their next rollout. Odds are, they’ll never put a new character or ship in GET 1 or 2 ever again because people are now saving it.

They also said that future GL will come out in pairs. So there will definitely be more. But they'll keep changing things somehow so you can never be prepared.

6. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

I don’t plan to. I meant that as a joke.

7. Marc Tessier

This ticket system has sucked away much of my enthusiasm for the Galactic Legends. Thinking I should just hoard gear until they reveal everything, including the kits, about the event. But not sure whether I can control myself or not.

8. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

Rumor is that these characters will be earned through a sort of Personal Raid system, which would be what the tickets are for. The community has supposedly been clamoring for a personal raid for a while now, so it's quite possible that they decided to release them this way.

9. Electricboa

. . . Of course. I knew that.
    [​IMG]

I’m pretty much committed at this point. I’ll have OG Kylo to G13 in a few days. At this point, stopping would just be a waste. It will be interesting to see how most people end up going, for those that do go for GLs. I suspect there will be a lot more Reys because of LS Geo TB. I don’t even know if that will matter. I still only get 3/4 with my full R7 GAS team in P1. I get close to 4/4 but GAS can’t really solo it at the end. One or two characters left will knock him out.

I’m not sure how to feel about that. I guess it could be interesting, but it mostly just feels like another artificial gate. And it could be even worse than that. If it’s like the guild raids, we could just waste tickets if we don’t win. So after they make us get all these G13s, then they can tack on a raid that we’ll probably need multiple G13 teams to even finish. Or even better, they restrict it to LS/DS, so you can only use DS teams in the Kylo raid and only LS in the Rey one. Which would suck for me, since my LS teams are stronger at the moment.

I guess the bright side is they could reward us with relic stuff and gear in addition to shards. That could be a good way to help ease the crunch. You get one GL and then the personal raid would make it easier to get the next one.

But that does bring up another interesting idea. Can the raids be run simultaneously? Kind of like the guild raids. Or would you have to pick one or the other? Like with the Hoth or Geo TB.

10. Marc Tessier

This could be rather interesting although didn't they say Galactic Legends unlock at 7-stars? Perhaps they will and we will just have to collect all 330 shards through the mini raid ...

11. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

They did, although they also said originally that not all characters would require relics, so take that for what it's worth.

12. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I think they'll unlock at 7*, but like Marc said, I think you'll just have to collect those 330 shards through whatever event they deem necessary to inflict upon us.

13. Kevthejedi

Kevthejedi Active Member

At least in a personal raid you'll always come first, so 10 shards per raid!

Skywlkr76 likes this.
  14. Marc Tessier

I could CG stretching it out and only giving us 5 or 6 shards per raid. ;)

15. Electricboa

Looks like the new Finn, new Poe, and Rose are going to be the last Resistance characters required. That’s kind of what I was expecting and another reason I was in no hurry to go for GL Rey.

For Kylo, it lists FO Sith Trooper. My guess is Hux will be a soft requirement with his capital ship. They’ll require both pilots for the last two characters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/f9deze/datamine_new_packs/

16. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I think it's the same for Holdo. They won't necessarily require her as a character to be a certain level, but they will require a power level on the cap ship such that you HAVE to bump her to a particular relic level to qualify. Same goes for Hux.

Edit:

Well, as I spoke they released the new requirements, I'll update the first thread again. The Vet Smuggler Han is a kick in the nuts for a lot of folks as it's seemingly out of nowhere, though it fits the story narrative. Most people will only have him sitting at G8 right now. I don't recall what kind of gear investment he is in terms of carbs and stun guns, but yikes. And they were a bitch to farm shards for, but if you've got JTR, you already have him at 7*. Sith Trooper was expected and I had a feeling they would do FOSFTP just because he's the FO character most people skipped on. Same reason they chose Rose and Holdo honestly.

On the Resistance side it's Holdo and Rose as expected, though I thought they would require her by virtue of requiring the capital ship. Rose was dreaded but expected. And we all knew the new resistance heroes would be required.

With them adding Holdo as a requirement, it does make me wonder on the final four required for Rey. Obviously Resistance Hero Poe will be there. That leaves 3 more. The fact that they required Holdo makes me think now that the Raddus won't be a requirement for some reason. It would make sense to leave it off the base requirements simply because it will take months to farm it without spending on refreshes. But at the same time, that kind of thing is sort of CG's MO. We do happen to have 4 Resistance characters that have not been named as requirements yet in C-3PO, R2-D2, BB-8, and Resistance Hero Poe. However, the inclusion of Vet Han for FO makes me think we might see a curveball thrown our way in requiring Emperor Palpatine for Rey to follow the movie story line they are trying to do with these quests.

Regardless for this round of requirements, I have to farm all three characters to 7*, two of them from 4* so it'll be a little bit of a haul. All are on normal energy at least, so it's relatively cheap.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020 at 3:46 PM
  17. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

As for current requirements we know about, I'm a couple days away from finishing off Resistance Pilot. After she's done, I'll be done with the second stage of the quest. If the datamines are right, next up will be the resistance heroes (who aren't even farmable yet, though that might change today). I always buy the 4 star pack, so I 'only' have 250 shards to farm on each of them. I'll hit that hard once they are available. But then the question remains about the capital ships. If they are required, they are quite a ways off from being able to be 7* unless you're willing to spend 1000 crystals per 10 shards (basically $1 per shard or $250 for the ship, a little cheaper if you buy crates I suppose). So is it really worth it to push hard to keep up with the requirements as they are announced? Probably not, especially if you have other things that need attention. Even for someone like me who has I think 46 or 47 G13 toons, I'm still missing key G13 toons on my FO, BH, and Nute squads. Probably should relic Nihilus too so he survives better against NS and Geos in those counters. Pushing those guys up would probably better serve my guild than pushing for GL Rey. But I do spend occasionally and I'll probably find myself doing so if I'm close enough when the time comes.

The debate going on in our officer chat right now is about priorities. There are essentially 13 "meta" teams that are needed for TW/TB/GAC, those being GG, GAS, Padme, NS, FO, Resistance, JKR, DR, Sith Trio, CLS, Geo, Nute Seps, and BH. Even then, for those of us over 4m gp, that leaves us 3 teams short of our minimums (8 teams on defense and at least 8 needed for offense). At this point in the game for my 260m+ gp guild, if your team doesn't have at least 3 G13 toons on it, it's going to get walked over in TW (somewhat true for GAC but it all depends on the person you are facing there). So if you're don't have at least 3 G13 on those teams, it's probably better in the long run to be looking there vs trying to push these GL quests that you're unlikely to even qualify for until months down the road unless you're going to spend a good chunk of change on crystals. Your guild will presumably be more successful in TW and TB by going this route (Relicing Phasma and Resistance Pilot isn't helping anyone push more waves or kill an extra squad in TW, even OG Poe and Finn are debatable).

But then again, it's hard to tell someone NOT to farm for the latest and greatest given CG's propensity to make the new shiny the arena GOD for 3-6 months. For us, we find ourselves going against 275m+ gp guilds in TW that sit 4 players to get an easier matchup more often than not, so we've lost several TW in a row and would be best served asking people to follow the above, but getting them to do it is going to be another thing entirely.

18. Electricboa

Vet Han hurt. A lot. He’s pretty useless for me, since I’m not going to be doing Vet Chewie. At least his Resistance tag will make him marginally better for my G12 JTR team. His gear isn’t as bas as it could have been. It’s mostly Stun Cuffs, which I had a stockpile of. SF TIE Pilot was also very unfortunate, since he’s the one FO character I didn’t have at G12 from before. He needs 300 Carbantis, but I have some of those saved up. My bottleneck right now is entirely G12 gear.

I did like the Finalizer kit, so gearing the SF TIE will at least have some use there. It’s not like he’s completely worthless, like Rose is. It looks like the TIE Silencer will be the MVP and being able to activate all reinforcements at the beginning make it worth doing the SF TIE anyway.

I expect the last set of requirements to be ship-based. But they could have a GP requirement that requires G13 pilots. That almost seems redundant at this point, though, since you already need all the Resistance pilots at G13 R5+. All the FO pilots, except the basic one, are required, too.

The balance for TW/GA/TB is a real issue. I know my guild wants to start getting KAM shards, but I’m already so invested in the GL Kylo that doing Shaak Ti would mean a couple weeks or more of delays. Because the rest of my team is already R7, so I’d be in a solid position to beat the SM (with good RNG). But I figure that by the time I finish the Finalizer and FO Sith Trooper, I should be done with the rest of the requirements at the rate I’m going. I’m a couple days from getting FOX to G13 and then start on Phasma.

And FO at G13 takes some people by surprise. Even though they aren’t arena mods, I’ve got 100+ speed on most of them. Add in KRU’s leadership, and that’s a 313 FOO, 298 KRU, and 283 Kylo. I’m starting to use Hux in place of FOST and he’s 289 with the leadership boost.

My biggest question right now is what GL Kylo’s kit is going to be. If KRU and Hux will be on his team, of if he has no leadership and works better under KRU or Hux, then I’m seriously looking at a Zeta for Phasma. It could be a decent assist team:

Phasma (L), FOST, FOSF TIE, FO TIE, and FO Sith Trooper​

It’s got targeted assists and with a Zeta on Phasma, that could be interesting. It would also leave the ‘better’ FO characters free for to be their own team. But I’ll wait till we get a kit reveal before giving her a Zeta. Then again, it might be worth it to boost Kylo’s Shuttle.