1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Galactic Legend Rey

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

UNIT NAME: Rey
    ALIGNMENT: Light
    CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Leader, Resistance, Galactic Legend
    Resistance Leader who safeguards her allies by providing powerful shields and delivering high damage

[Developer Insight - Kit Reveal]

ABILITIES:

Basic: RELENTLESS PURSUIT

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If it's Rey's turn, she deals damage a second time, has +50% Health Steal, and ignores 50% of the target's Armor. This Health Steal is doubled while Rey is under 50% Health.

Special 1: LIFEBLOOD (Cooldown 0)

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Rey loses 25% Health and target Light Side ally gains bonus Protection equal to the amount lost. All other Light Side allies gain half of that amount. If Rey is at full health when she uses this ability, all Light Side allies gain Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns.

Target other ally gains Lifeblood until they are defeated or until Lifeblood is granted to a different ally, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. Rey can't be defeated by this ability.

Rey can't use this ability if she is at or below 25% Health at the start of her turn

Lifeblood: Damage received decreased by 30% and damage dealt increased by 30%

Special 2: SUDDEN WHIRLWIND (Cooldown 0)

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal 3x massive damage to target enemy. Then, deal Physical damage to all enemies. Enemies defeated by this ability can't be revived. This attack can't be countered or evaded.

This ability can't be used unless a Light Side ally dropped below 60% Health since its last use

NOTE: A Light Side ally needs to dropped below 60% Health in order to use this ability for the first time

Leader: WISDOM OF THE SACRED TEXTS

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Light Side allies have +40% Mastery, +30 Speed, and +30% Max Health. Whenever an enemy gains bonus Turn Meter, Inspired Light Side allies gain 5% Mastery (stacking) until the end of the encounter. The first time each Light Side ally falls below 50% Health, they gain Damage Immunity for 1 turn, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented, and recover 50% Health when it expires.

Unique 1: MANIFEST INSPIRATION

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of her turn, Rey becomes Inspired. If she is already Inspired, she instead Inspires the healthiest Light Side ally who isn't. Inspired Light Side allies dispel all debuffs on themselves when they use a Basic ability during their turn. Light Side allies with Inspired or Damage Immunity can't have their Turn Meter reduced.

Unique 2: GALACTIC LEGEND

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) This unit takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects and massive damage effects. They take massive damage from destroy effects (excludes raid bosses) and are immune to stun effects.

This unit has +10% Max Health and Max Protection per Relic Amplifier level, and damage they receive is decreased by 30%.

Ultimate: HEIR TO THE JEDI (Must charge to 100% before use)
    Unlocked with purchase (10 Ultimate Ability Materials) after meeting requirement of Relic Amplifier level 1
    Ultimate Charge: Rey gains 6% Ultimate Charge at the start of every character's turn.

FINAL TEXT: (ULTIMATE) Until the end of Rey's next turn, she enters a defensive stance and damage Light Side allies receive is reduced to 1. While in this stance, Rey can't act, has 30% less Speed, is immune to all detrimental effects, and can't be defeated. Upon activating this ability again, she deals true damage (ignores defense, but can't critically hit) to the enemy team split among them and all Ultimate Charge is consumed. This attack can't be countered or evaded.

2. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

6 zetas! Lol. CG knew players were hoarding them so they're going to force us to use them up.

3. Marc Tessier

I like that both of their kits allow for theory crafting. It will be interesting to see what squads the community dreams up.

+40% mastery essentially makes a R7 character "R11". That's nuts.

4. Electricboa

I’ve got close to 200 Zetas, so I don’t really mind it too much. I did notice that Rey didn’t get the Jedi tag, I think they were worried about Jedi Revan and Jolee. That could have been game breaking.

How good she is will really come down to how much damage she does. Neither Rey nor Kylo are big on enemy manipulation, like Fear.

5. Marc Tessier

I don't have a problem with the zetas either as I have around 203 and that's after giving one to both Resistance Hero Poe and RH Finn. I just think it's funny.

I have no idea which GL will be better, but they both look incredibly powerful.

Many are complaining about Rey not being given a Jedi tag. It's got nothing to do with lore. As you said, it's probably to prevent a game-breaking squad with JKR and Jolee. But, I suspect it's got more to do with them planning on releasing one more version of both Rey and Kylo at some point to represent them at the end of RoS.

6. Electricboa

On paper, I think Rey will be better for TW/GA because of her Resistance synergy and team healing. She’s instantly going to be the best Resistance leader and you don’t really need to draw from any other teams to get the ‘best’ version of her team. LS doesn’t have a lot of plug-n-play characters. They tend to be limited by synergy. Take GAS. He’s amazing in a 501st team, but he’s only above average in anything else. Still good, but nowhere near as great as he could be. Same with Padme, Jedi Anakin, or GK. They have Republic synergy that makes them powerful, but they aren’t as effective in non-Republic teams. GK’s zeta is useless outside of a Republic team. But that’s not a real problem for Rey because you have the Resistance characters already waiting.

Kylo, on the other hand, seems to be less focused on FO synergy. There’s a little there with the advantage, but it’s not as specific as inspired is for Resistance. Same with stun synergy. There are a lot of characters that do it. Beyond that, you have more DS characters that can stand alone. Malak is basically plug-n-play and would work very well with Kylo because you can get him to taunt with advantage. Geo Brood Alpha would work just as well as a tank under Kylo as he did for Sith Empire. Fallen Bastila, Thrawn, Nihilus, etc. You always have FO to draw from, but it’s easy to imagine the potential of supplementing non-FO into his team. This is better for arena because you only need to worry about making a single team. When it comes to TW/GA, you’re probably going to be using FO only because those other characters have more value overall in their own teams.

Not to say that Kylo will be bad in TW/GA or Rey can’t be used in the arena, but just comparatively.

Another difference seems to be that Rey favors a stronger ally team and Kylo favors a stronger enemy team. Both leaderships give +40% mastery, but Kylo’s leadership of extra crit damage is a flat bonus. Same with the advantage synergy, it increases TM, crit damage or lets them taunt. At the same time, Kylo drains the stats from the enemy team. So the stronger they are, the stronger he gets. Rey’s leadership gives bonus health and stacking mastery bonuses. Lifeblood also is based on the target’s stats. Rey doesn’t weaken the other team.

Because of all that, I suspect that Rey will be more mod and gear dependent. Kylo should be more forgiving because you weaken the other team.

I don’t know about another Kylo and Rey, though. As it is, there’s very little difference between each version of the character. The clothing changes very little, so we basically have three versions of the same thing. At least with the multiple Hans and Leias, the clothing is different enough that you’re not going to mistake ROLO for the OG Leia. Kylo’s main difference is whether he’s wearing the mask and whether his hood is up or not. Rey wears a slightly different colored version of the same thing. It’s like going from Scav Rey to JTR, she washed her clothes with darks and they bled a little. Then for GL Rey, she bleached them.

7. Marc Tessier

Rey has 398 base speed at G13. Lol.

What have they done?

8. Electricboa

Oh, it gets better than that. At R7, without a single mod, Rey will have 244,494 health. Between her leadership and unique, she gets +100% health and +70% protection. With her speed, it’s very possible people will just use health primaries on her mods, so add in an extra +64% protection from the arrow, triangle, cross, and circle mod at Mk6.

And since she takes reduced damage from percent health effect, there’s no real way to get though that without raw damage. Oh, and don’t forget all her health steal. No wonder they didn’t give her a Jedi tag. Can you imagine Jolee and JKR on her team?

Basically, they stopped caring about balance and decided to cash out. They’ve been making event characters way too powerful since Malak and charging more and more to unlock them. It’s going to kill the game. I hope there’s some counter, but on the face of it, it looks like you’re going to need a GL to beat a GL. Mirror matches with Rey are going to be a nightmare. Maybe GAS will have a chance, since the AI is dumb? With ramping damage, he might be able to do some work, but crit immunity is going to be a problem.

On top of all that, the event itself is garbage. Kylo looks easier in the first two rounds. Rey
    S side is just stupidly difficult. I think I heard that you need Vet Han to have a good chance, which isn’t even part of her requirements. Then there’s the glorified rock/paper/scissor game that I’ve heard was stolen from a Harry Potter game.

It’s pretty obvious they didn’t care about anything other than making money. Poorly designed event and stupidly designed characters. They didn't even bother to give the abilities 8 levels. They just lazily gave them 2.

9. Electricboa

10. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

So I guess I'll post some pointers for the first three stages of the Rey event since I'm working through them right now. The first two stages are essentially identical fights in terms of how you approach them. The squad I use is JTR (r7), RH Finn (r5), R2D2 (r4), BB8 (r7), and C-3PO (G12). I did move mods around the first time, but it wasn't necessary. And I have beat it since then with my standard mods on them. The basic goal is to control the TM on the opposing team, starting with the leader. Use smokescreen to stealth everyone except JTR at the start and then get exposes out with R2's fire and whittle everyone down. I start with the opposing leader first (hux clone and then actual hux). Then work your way around, try to only use AOE's when you are under stealth. Should not be too tough at all. The most difficult part is picking the right team.

Stage three is just a rock/paper/scissors match with Kylo. You can simply mash buttons probably, but I've found that 2,1,3,1,1,1 works best for me. Feint, Strike, Parry, Strike, Strike, Strike... Ultimately I don't think it really matters since there is no skill to this stage, just luck and guessing what the AI will select. Win the best of 5 four times and you win.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  11. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

So this past TW, I went up againt a GL Rey team with GAS totally on accident. The guild we were fighting had several JTR teams mixed in with like Geos or something on the back row. I had plenty left, so I figured I'd take out the highest relic JTR team with my GAS team. Low and behold, it was their lone GL Rey team. That's what I get for doing a battle before bed when I was tired. Luckily, I was able to beat it still somehow. It ended up going down to my GAS vs Rey, JTR, and HR Poe at the end, but Rey was nearly dead, so I was able to finish her off and had just enough health steal to finish off Poe and the JTR before they were able to kill me. It was the scariest moment of my TW life to date. That was the first time that I had grabbed the wrong team to fight. I considered just quitting out of it, but figured I'd try to cripple it at least since it would cost us 5 banners if I quit the fight. In the end, I only scored one higher than that, but it was still a first fight win!

Marc Tessier and Skywlkr76 like this.
  12. Electricboa

Congrats. I just stick to the DR counter for GL Rey teams in my arena. Haven't seen any GLs in TW or GAC, yet. I kind of figure since I'm getting GL Kylo, I'll probably be saving him for GL Rey teams on defense. Or maybe my guild is going to stick with DR counters. Not sure. If they do, I'm not sure what I'll do. A lot of people still have weak Geos, so using GBA in the counter isn't a problem. But I've got 4/5 of them at G13. Without GBA, that team is kind of dead. At the very least, that's how I'm using Kylo in GAC. I'm kind of hoping I can keep a strong FO team on defense and use the rest under Kylo to nuke Rey.

I actually think I might be the only one of two people in my guild doing Kylo. Everyone else, if they're doing it, is going for Rey. I think one or two might be doing both, but Rey first.

13. Marc Tessier

Very cool, Dagor.

I haven't fought either GL yet. But, I did just scan our TW defenses and found my guild has at least 11 GLs on defense in the two front territories. One guy already has both. :)

How does the DR squad work as a counter to GL Rey?

14. Electricboa

This kind of gives you an idea, but I can go over the idea behind it. Basically, whoever you put the TM tech on will always go after Rey moves. Rey’s first turn is always the heal, so you kind of end up with a free pass. In the vast majority of cases, you put it on DR. Rey goes, then DR puts fear on her whole team. That shuts them down. Bastila probably goes next, spam more debuffs. When it’s Thrawn’s turn, Fracture Rey. That buys you time.

The goal is to hit Rey down to her invincibility stage, but avoid doing that to anyone else, if possible. Bastila is really helpful, since she can ability block on basic. If you block Rey, then she can’t use her nuke even after she gets out of Fracture. And if she does, your have an expendable Brute to take the hit.

After that, you just focus down Rey and take her out. You want to keep the other team as controlled as possible. Fracture Rey as often as you can and that’s about it. The variation comes from who the team uses outside of Rey and the RH brothers. Those last two determine a lot. There’s usually a tank. One Rey in my arena uses Holdo and L3, which is a pain. A lot more RNG there because of the healing. The other uses L3 and GAS. As you can see in the video, GK and Chewie are common and I’ve seen Wat and Malak.

But the strategy is essentially the same. Control the team and focus on Rey. Once she’s gone, it’s over. Bastila gets the TM tech if there's a pretaunter, like L3. This is a good example of how that one goes:

15. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Here's one AhnaldT101 posted using Jedi as a counter.

16. Electricboa

The only problem with that one is Hoda. After Malak and GAS came out, I’m not sure how many people decided to get Hoda and Wampa. At least Wampa is in the galactic bounties.

Another thing I noted was everyone is G13, which might explain why they weathered Rey’s ultimate so well. I don’t know too many people that have Hoda at G13. And G13 Wat is still a little iffy for a lot of people. My guild is going to 7 star him next DS Geo TB. I’ll take him to G12, but G13 is going to be a bit of a stretch for me.

17. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

Someone on my shard is running an interesting comp for GL Rey. They are doing GL Rey (r7), Chewbacca (r7), RHan (r7), ST Han (r5), Wat (r5). They were impossible for me to get through with my Rey team. ST Han gets the tank buff from Wat and Rey also gives him her buff that reduces damage taken by 30%. Even Rey's whirlwind "3x massive damage" hit couldn't kill him or even knock all of the protection off him. It was insane. Couldn't get around ST Han which meant that every time you're hitting him you're giving 20% TM to their entire team, and with nobody that can ignore taunt you're stuck. My ST Han and Wat aren't relic'd yet, but I'm seriously thinking about it now after facing that group.

18. Electricboa

That sounds like a nightmare. I remember ST Han at G13 being used before (pre-GL) and he was really good. Although couldn’t you have just used Jedi Revan in your team to get around ST Han? Or even Thrawn to just fracture Han could have worked.

19. Dagor

Dagor Well-Known Member

Yeah, I suppose you could do either of those things to get around it.

Edit: I actually had to fight that guy this morning because the guys in the two payouts ahead of me couldn't beat it and either couldn't get ahold of him to switch his team or didn't bother to ask. I just swapped in thrawn. This time though, I was able to knock out ST Han with the whirlwind on Rey's first turn since Finn or Poe got knocked below 50% before my turn. I'm guessing that was mostly due to there just not being enough protection stacking on him before the whirlwind unlocked. On previous attempts, none of my team had been knocked below 50%, so it was a few rounds before Rey could use it.

So I didn't end up needing Thrawn to fracture him. However, fracture is one of the few 'stun-like' abilities that work on Rey, so it did come in handy to stave off her attacks for a while.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  20. Electricboa

I have a feeling that’s probably going to end up being the way things are for Rey vs Rey. It will make more sense to change your team so you don’t end up stuck if RNG doesn’t go your way.