1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Galactic Legend Kylo

Discussion in 'Characters, Skills and Equipments' started by Electricboa, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

If they do something to the kit, my kids will be redirected away from GL Kylo, which thankfully we haven't started. I would imagine we are a month away from really starting to gear whatever FO characters they have unlocked. I mean hell they might be closer to SEE at this point with Vader sitting at R5, Palp at G11, Thrawn to be G11 in like a week's worth of work...

2. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I agree with you.

You'd think he would have been the first character they tested, and tested extensively, considering how Siphon works and that he makes it possible to solo the Sith raid.

It's definitely one big fat bantha doodoo. They've basically ignored the community's cries for changes to the mechanics to put an end to the ridiculous coordination required, and then one guy solos phase 1 and they respond immediately.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  3. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

They don’t test anything. Or if they do, it’s the basic vanilla teams. Can a straight FO team solo it? No? All good, then. It’s been clear for years that no one at CG really plays their own game. Granted, the way soloing P1 works is counterintuitive, but it’s working as intended. There is no endless loop and it’s functioning as the kit says it should. Part of the problem is CG equates more damage, health, and TM to difficulty. And because they don’t want to make new content as often, they want to make something like the CRancor so difficult to beat that guilds aren’t doing what they’re doing to the Sith raid now.

So their solution is to make it so one person isn’t supposed to be able to beat a whole phase, which has the indirect effect of breaking up guilds because everyone has to be on at the same time to complete it. But that has happened with every raid so far. New raids are only beatable by the top guilds and anyone close end up having pressure for the people with the right teams/GP to leave. That’s part of what made me step down from leading a guild.

And who knows? This might just be an excuse. CG has wanted to put the genie back in the bottle on Kylo for a long time. This could just be the veil they use to do it now. Same as Finn.

4. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

Sorry to resurrect an ol' thread but since my two kids' accounts are dang close to SLKR, I finally sat down and tried to understand his kit. I must admit to not getting it right away.

So...questions in order of SWGOH.GG ability descriptions:

1) Siphon on the basic. It says that you gain 1% of a stat per stack. What stat? All of them? Do you steal the stats immediately as soon as you hit the enemy or on the NEXT turn after you gain the siphon stacks on this hit?

2) Furious Onslaught and the Siphon Mastery description. Do you only steal and use Siphon using this ability? Or is the Mastery stealing a completely separate "stat steal" than siphoning via Basic or Stasis Strike?

3) Supreme Leader/Press The Advantage TM Loss/Gain. So supports like FOO and Hux are going to keep losing health due to TM gain on Advantage gain. Got it. But Press The Advantage says that you gain 10% of their health/pro when you lose TM. Soooo when FOO and Hux pass TM over to SLKR, does that count as TM loss and do they gain back some of their health/pro? I would imagine that due to the rapidity of TM gain via Advantage acquisition, over time their health/pro would not be negated by any TM loss and eventually they would go down to almost nothing (as in the HSTR solo videos I've seen).

4) What's the 101 on using SLKR in PVP? In videos I've seen typically it looks like - spam the poke as much as possible, hit the AOE as much as possible, hit the ultimate ideally at 100% or sometimes situationally at a lesser amount if you need the invulnerability ala against Rey.

When in Aggressive stance, what's usually the best course of action when you have no cooldowns on anything? Spamming poke or AOE?

5. Electricboa

The siphon listed in the basic is a description of what it is rather than what it’s doing right then, at least from what I understand. The idea is you gain siphon from your basic or the poke. That siphon doesn’t increase anything until you use the AOE. When you use your AOE, you increase your mastery by a percentage based on the number of siphon and decrease the target by that amount (doesn’t affect raid bosses or other GLs).

What does that mean? Every character has a mastery, which is a set of stats that will go up more for them when you increase their relic levels. For SLKR, he gets crit chance, crit damage, and damage. So when you have 40 siphon and use your AOE, you get a +40% increase in your mastery. Let’s say you use that AOE on JTR. Her master is dodge/reflection chance, health, and protection. Those stats on her will decrease by that same 40%.

What that actually means in terms of numbers, I’m not sure. It’s not total stats, so it’s likely just the extra increase that the mastery gives you, which can add up quickly for a GL, but don’t drop too fast for regular characters. And its additive, so each time you use the AOE, you get more and more. And since siphon keeps going up, the increase gets bigger and bigger.

So your actual use of the character is basically to get as much siphon as possible and AOE to increase your damage. Rinse. Repeat. Once you feel you’ve gotten your damage up enough, your basic is actually your strongest hit because it happens twice. Three times if they were stunned. That’s mostly for raids. You charge up and then use the basic to actually finish the phase.

As far as the ultimate goes, it’s situational. Against Rey, it’s probably a good idea to try and time it for her ultimate. There’s some leeway, since you can activate the ultimate at less than 100%. That’s mostly at your discretion.

When you’re in the ultimate, what you do is kind of up to you. I usually like to use the poke the first time you increase the siphon a lot, but I could see it working several ways (depending on what the charge was). I also like to wait to use the ultimate until both the poke and AOE are on cool down. That way I’m getting everything I can out of it pre-ultimate. Because your siphon gets doubled while in your ultimate, so you get even more mastery. I’m not really sure there’s a wrong answer.

The TM part is a bit more nuanced. For Hux, his Devious Scheme does not grant TM. It gives the target a bonus turn. That is exempt from the health increase/decrease. It’s also exempt from abilities that prevent TM gain. But Hux gets TM from gaining advantage and both of his other abilities give him TM. So his health is going to drop no matter what you do.

FOO gives TM with his Marching Orders, so the target loses health. His second special, pinning Shot gives TM to the whole team, so it’s a choice on whether potentially removing 50% TM from the target is worth it. FOO really only gets hurt from that and gaining advantage.

That is really only an issue for PvE because you’re pretty much never going to get to that point in arena, GAC, or TW. TB and raids, where you can take a lot of turns is where you really see it add up. In raids, you probably won’t use FOO and you’ll mainly use Hux for his leadership. +50% more damage on the basic of FO units ties in to what I said earlier about using the basic to finish off a phase. More damage means you can do it faster.

For PvP, you have two main team. On offense, FOO is better because you can give Kylo an extra turn. Kylo goes first and pokes. Hux gives him a bonus turn and resets cool downs. Kylo pokes again. FOO give Kylo TM, offense up, and advantage (which add crit damage with Kylo’s leadership) and he uses his AOE with 80 siphon (40 per poke with a crit, and he will pretty much always crit).

On defense, FOO is not as good because he uses Pinning shot before his Marching Orders, so the AI will never get hat combo right. In that case, FOST is better because an extra tank makes it a little more difficult to get to SLKR.

Themistocles likes this.
  6. Laze

Laze Active Member

@Electricboa do you know if the mastery increase happens on the AOE when your target has foresight? This comes up for me when facing JML teams with Hermit Yoda. Sometimes I'm in ultimate and just want to start ramping damage as fast as I can (even if I miss), but I'm not sure if it's a waste or I should poke first to do the mass dispel.

7. Electricboa

You should get the increase in mastery, even if the target doesn’t get decreased. When you hit a raid boss or other GL, your damage will still go up even when they stay the same.

As far as whether a unit with foresight gets the decrease, I’m not actually sure. It might. If this is the first time you are using the AOE while targeting them, see if this symbol appears over them after you do your attack:

[​IMG]

That indicates that that unit’s mastery has been decreased lower than the starting value. Now, that’s going to be a bit iffy when you go against another GL team because all the GL leaderships increase the mastery of their own team. So they all start out with this:

[​IMG]

So when you’re decreasing their mastery, you actually have to drain away the mastery increase the opposing GL gave them. All those symbols show is whether they’re above or below their starting value. You won’t know how much above or below they are.

Outside of that, I would say it depends on how much foresight is out there and what other buffs they have. If everyone has foresight, your AOE might increase your mastery, but you’re not doing any damage to anyone. Doing a poke will always damage the target even through foresight.

All things being equal, I normally prioritize the poke over the AOE. One thing to keep in mind, and this is something I don’t really think about too often, but SLKR gets bonuses when he hits someone who is stunned and his poke always stuns. If he uses his basic against a stunned enemy, he hits a 3rd time. If he targets a stunned enemy with his AOE, the mastery he siphons gets doubled. So you do get rewarded for poking first if you then target them for the AOE.

Most of the time, I don’t even pay attention to that. Kylo dishes out so much damage that I usually forget about the bonuses against stunned enemies during the battle.

8. Laze

Laze Active Member

Thanks, I'll play around with it and see what I find. In this specific case, it's against a Bastila lead JML, so I'm stuck attacking JML and have to kill everyone else with AOEs. So the damage and stun from the poke are irrelevant, I just want to ramp damage as quickly as possible. I know it's possible to stun Wat with Han against that team, but I've had better success with full double-tank SLKR, because that negates the TM gain from Bastila's leadership so my SLKR can go first. They also last a lot longer because of Hux giving everyone advantage and preventing crits. Although if you have ideas on a better way to beat that team, I would be interested in that as well.

9. Electricboa

It’s basically that. I like to get more siphon early on.

I almost exclusively fight Bastila leads like that in GAC (JMK makes it too easy in arena), so they don’t normally have GAS and JKL. Sometimes not even JKL. Usually, I’d do three pokes when I hit my first 100% ultimate. The next time I get to 100%, three AOEs, and that’s usually it.