1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Galactic Conquest

Discussion in 'General' started by Electricboa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

That is unfortunate. You could do GAS first and then do Executor. You’d get Shaak Ti and the Clones in the process. That would improve your LSTB contribution without the level of investment you’d need to do for JMK.

2. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I've 3-starred all Sector 5 battles except for the JMK boss fight, which I haven't attempted yet. I'm saving it for tomorrow when everyone is at 100% stamina.

Tech is going strong and I'm at 28/40 on the BB feat. So I'll definitely finish it.

My Geos are working with the following data disks: 2 Master's Technique, 3-dot blue Leader's Resolve, blue 1-dot Entrenched giving the whole squad +75 percent protection, Opportunistic Support III (gain 6% health when ally attacks out of turn), Opportunistic Support I, and a gem called Blindside (inflict expose on target enemy for 2 turns when an ally attacks out of turn). I'm getting 4-5 stacks of expose when my Geos swarm and the Phoenix squad falls pretty damn fast. Just need to survive their opening barrage.
    So far, I'm 2/10 on this feat. Haven't lost.

The Deathmark feat is a real pain in the ass. I've only got 1/10 so far with a couple of failed attempts.

3. Themistocles

Themistocles Well-Known Member

....re: Deathmark feat. I know I've seen it applied by my DR a couple of times...and I win the battle, but I get no credit for it. Do you have to kill the leader via Deathmark for it to get credit?

4. Laze

Laze Active Member

People in my guild have been doing the death mark feat by bringing in Death Trooper with Wat + tanks against the Phoenix mini-boss. Apparently you can get it done in a single battle, and don't even need to win.

I'm just about at crate Hard-04 currently. I think I can get to crate Hard-05 without anything too crazy, but the next crate is going to be a real stretch, and max will basically be impossible. I don't have JML to cheese a lot of the faction kill feats, and am missing too many teams for all the full faction feats.

Although this conquest is getting a lot of hate, I'm actually enjoying it. It's nice to have new disks and new bosses to go against to keep it fresh.

5. Electricboa

The reason Deathmark only works for Death Trooper is the game treats DR’s leadership as the enemy leader applying Deathmark to themselves, not you applying it. It makes no sense, but that was the rational for some other debuff they were requiring. I can’t remember what team I used for Deathmark. It was a couple days ago

The data disks and new enemy teams are nice, though I wish they wouldn’t use the same teams over and over again. But when you have to win 14 times with Geos or whatever team, it’s so tedious to do the same battle over and over again just because.

6. Laze

Laze Active Member

Yeah for the most part, I’m skipping those faction feats so I’m not feeling that pain. If they just took those out, that would go a long way towards making it fun.

I confirmed the death trooper thing. I brought mine up to G7, gave him the omega, and stuck him with Wat, Malak, KRU, and Traya. Was able to knock out the daze and deathmark feats with that team in about 4 consecutive battles by letting it time out so I got credit but didn’t lose stamina.

7. Marc Tessier

Very clever. I'm gonna try that.

My KRU is only G12, but I can sub in someone else if need be.

Cheers!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  8. Marc Tessier

Finally feeling confident that I can earn the max crate.

Currently at 594/645.

Maxed out sectors 1 and 2.
    Sector 3 is 121/127 -- missing the 700% TM removal feat in the boss fight, plus one star in the boss fight

Can still earn 30 keycards from Sector 5 feats:
    4/14 on Geo wins
    2/10 on Deathmark feat

And the Maul/Savage global feat is 13/20, which will earn another 12 keycards.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  9. Electricboa

Getting close, so I can start doing some math. I’m at 609, so 36 more to get the max crate. I did actually finish the Bad Batch feat because I got Hunter and Tech to G13. I’m actually not sure how I would have made that up if I hadn’t been able to do it.

I still have to finish the LS and Maul/Savage global feats, so that’s 14 and 12. I’m close to both. So 10 more to go after that. I still have the BH feat in sector 1, so 5 from there—5 more to go. I can do the Rebel Fighter feat in sector 2 and that will be it.

With about 5 days left, I should be able to do that without any more refreshes. When I gte down to the last 2 days, I’ll reevaluate if I have to. I wish I had kept track of how many refreshes I actually did. After the first three days of all three, I mostly did it when I felt like it.

On the whole, not bad, but way more work than it used to be. And now I have to spend crystals on it. At least I was able to still get the max crate. I would hate to get LV and then still be missing Maul. Especially since CG really punishes you for missing a max crate. Once you fall behind, it’s almost impossible to catch up again.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  10. Laze

Laze Active Member

Looks like I’m on track to hit 2nd best box. I need 35 keycards to get there: 26 from two global feats, and the other 9 from cleaning up places where I missed 3*.

Overall, I have enjoyed this conquest and am happy with the result. I did have to buy several refreshes - I didn’t keep track, but I’m guessing it will average out to a bit less than two per day. Stamina turned out to be a challenge since I’ve basically been using 4 teams: SLKR, DR, Padme, and JKR. I did end up buying a couple of stimpacks for SLKR. Without him, this whole conquest would have been much more difficult.

As far as disks, I’ve settled on using a leader’s resolve (always essential), tenacious buffs, vitality (serving as a replacement for entrenched, since I didn’t get any), a couple of disks where I recover support/health when attacking out of turn (at one slot, these disks are a real bargain and have turned out to be fantastic for staying alive), and ruthless/stacking offense. This has been a pretty solid set, and I haven’t had to do much disk swapping.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  11. Marc Tessier

I finished up Conquest yesterday, earning 647 of the 645 keycards needed for the max crate. I did one rage crystal refresh when my Geos kept losing, but then realized I had swapped my data disks around from when I was first completing the battle against the Phoenix mini boss battle in Sector 5. Once the disks were back to the previous setup for that battle it was like a hot knife through butter.

I doubt I'm as efficient as @Electricboa. I know I did 3 refreshes a day for the first week, so 150 x 7 = 1,050. After that I didn't track them but I definitely did some more. I'd put my total crystal spend at 1.3 to 1.4k.

I was curious about the Mandalorian feat in Sector 4, so I've been doing that casually with the energy that's building up. I'm now about halfway on that feat using JML (lead), Wat, Bo-Katan, Mando and Bando. So, good to know I can pump that one out if needed.

12. Electricboa

I finished, too. I don’t think I spent over 1k. But you figure the math was 250-600 crystals for perfect runs. I probably did around 800-900 or so. The main problem with refreshing for me was the stamina. I couldn’t just power through things like the Geo feat because I didn’t want to risk losing. So it was a lot of jumping around doing a couple teams for one feat and then moving on to another one.

But I don’t think I could have done it without JML. I used him for so many feats, like the Mandalorian and Bad Batch ones that I would also say he’s required. I think Rey might have been able to do some of it. Kylo wasn’t nearly as helpful as previous Conquests for me. His biggest one was using Maul and Savage because Kylo could undersize the other team if he had to.

13. Themistocles

I think I'm tapped out at Tier Box 5, spend somewhere around 700-900 crystals on refreshes. Will miss out on CAT by like 5 shards. Really frustrating. Just didn't have the faction breadth to do the feats that would have taken me higher.

At least I can take it easy next conquest. As long as I can get to every sector store and get Razor Crest shards, I'll have everything I need, so I shouldn't need a single crystal refresh.

14. Electricboa

Box 5 is pretty good. If you’re able to get that the next two times, you’ll be almost half way to Maul. I have a feeling you’re going to want to get as much out of each Conquest as you can. Even if you don’t plan on doing anything with Maul, it’ll be easiest to get him through Conquest rather than buying him in stores. Not to mention each Conquest has limited currency, so stocking up when you can would be a good idea.

But the roster depth they want is insane. I really hope (though don’t expect) they will try to make it better next time.

15. Laze

Laze Active Member

As far as prioritizing CAT vs Maul, what are everyone’s thoughts? I have 80 CAT shards, so assuming the next two conquests are the same and I get the same box, I’ll end up with 155 CAT shards and 195 Maul shards for “free”.

My next GL will be light side, although I’m not sure if JML or Kenobi is a better target. Kenobi is better in arena, but by the time I get him, who knows if he’ll still be viable. JML would probably round out my roster better and help more in LSTB.

Obviously if I go Kenobi, then I’d want to prioritize CAT. Is she the obvious choice?

16. Themistocles

Do you have Padme as well? If so, I'd say that tips the scales towards CAT because by many accounts, the Padme squad is lights out with her and could serve as a temporary home until such time you get JMK.

17. Laze

Laze Active Member

I do have a pretty decent Padme team. I use them to kill Grievous most of the the time in PvP, and they get between 1-4 waves per phase in LSTB. Does adding CAT let them beat better teams?

18. Electricboa

For you, it’s not even close. CAT is leagues better. Maul only has two main uses (that we know before he’s actually in-game), and that’s LV and Mandalorians. LV isn’t really something I could recommend any time soon because of the high requirements and you don’t really have Mandalorians. The only thing that might change is if you decided to go for JMK as your next GL. You’re going to gear up Beskar Mando for the Executor. JMK requires Jango and Bo-Katan, which gives you 3/5 of a Mandalorian team. Maul and the Armorer are the next logical choices. But that would be months down the line before that’s even a consideration.

CAT, on the other hand, has three possible uses with only two really practical ones. JMK is her best use and it’s almost a given if you get JMK, CAT is your next priority. Without JMK, CAT goes to Padme and it makes that team probably the best non-GL team in the game:

Padme (L), Ahsoka, JKA, GK, and CAT​

That team can even count GLs. I think it beats JMK without CAT. I forget what else it can beat. But I can’t think of a single non-GL team that it couldn’t beat. The third use for CAT is in a scoundrel team. It’s one of those cases where you can use it, but you probably never actually would.

You already have a Padme team, so it’s a perfect fit. I’m not sure how far you’re getting in LS Geo TB, but that team I listed can beat the Nexu mission relatively easy. Relic levels do matter, so I won’t say it’s guaranteed, but it’s the best team to do it.

As far as JML vs JMK, that’s harder to say. I think a lot is going to hinge on how LV is with Maul. Not that I think you’ll really be likely to run into LV in your arena. I would be pretty surprised if anyone under 6 million GP was seriously going for LV.

Setting LV aside, JML and JMK are actually complementary. I would almost recommend that you do both of them. Having two Jedi GLs let you work with a larger pool of Jedi. My best example is Aayla. She’s not that great under JMK because she’s fragile, but under JML he protects her and you can get a lot of control with her stuns. I use her all the time with JML in LS Geo TB.

The requirements for JML are overall better in that you get a couple good teams out of it, which is better than any of the other GLs. You get the best CLS Rebel team as well as a viable Mothma team. Wedge, Biggs, and Lando aren’t the best Mothma team (you’d need a 5th) but that can take people by surprise if they underestimate it. You also get JKL, who can be used for a Jedi team separate from JML. Though in a lot of cases, you will use them together. Old Ben and Hoda are the other two Jedi you get. Hoda is good all-around and can be used in non-Jedi teams. Old Ben doesn’t get as much use, but he’s an available tank for Jedi or Rebels. 3v3 is where he really shines. You can use JKL (L), Hoda, and Old Ben as a team and beat a lot.

JMK are a little more scattershot. You get Republic and Separatist units, but you would need to gear up some others to really finish those teams. You do get Cad Bane, who you’ll need to gear for the Executor anyway (for the final fleet). Jango and Bo-Katan, as I mentioned, can be the basis for a Mandalorian team. If not, you get a good BH unit. Bo-Katan isn’t much use without the Mandalorians. Some Jedi. GK, GMY, and Shaak Ti are the only really good ones. I like Aayla, but I would never call her good. Mace and Qui-Gon are just Jedi fodder. Mace’s best use is in a JMK mirror match where you both have CAT. They’ll have GK on defense, you use Mace. You get to trade one of the best tanks in the game for a trash character because CAT’s AI will take Mace out.

For the final arena team, it kind of depends a bit. JML is flexible in that you can use him as your leader, but JKR is also a great lead if you have Wat to give JML the tank tech. JKL and GAS are usually the other two in that case. If you use a JML lead, Hoda probably replaces Wat, if you want. Because of that, JML is very flexible. You can use almost any Jedi in his team, and it works. JMK is a lot pickier. CAT, Ahsoka, GK, and a 5th (usually GAS) is your standard JMK team. Little to no variety.

The fleets are kind of moot, since you’re going for Executor.

Finally, we have what game modes they do well in.

For arena, I think JMK is the clear winner. JML can beat him, but right now JMK is on top. How that will look when LV gets Maul, we don’t know. There is some chance that CG nerfs JML is he’s able to beat LV too easily. JMK is still new enough, that CG would let that team win. We won’t know for sure for two more Conquests. Of course, there’s only about 1,400 LVs in the game right now, so he’s not going to be everywhere for a while.

For raids, JMK is the winner. You can solo the Sith raid and JMK is probably the best CRancor team. Kylo is still a solid second. JML can do some work, but you’re not going to get anywhere near JMK or Kylo.

For GAC, I would say probably JMK, though GAC is heavily dependent on your opponents and what you want to do with your GL. JML is more defensive and JMK is good on both defense and offense, especially with CAT.

For Conquest, I would say JML wins by a good margin. Especially with the changes, JML lead can be key to completing feats where you need to defeat X number of enemies with a certain faction. As long as they’re LS, JML can help you do it. Since you also get CLS Rebels in the process of JML, you can also do feats with them, too. JMK is a powerful team, but it doesn’t let you complete that many feats. You could use him for feats like this past Conquest where a Republic unit (Bad Batch) needs to defeat 40 enemies. The problem is timing it so the unit you want is able to get the kill shot. JML is a lot more effective for that. And for JMK, that only works for Republic units. The best feat I remember JMK doing was winning with all attackers on your team, which you can do with Kylo already, since he can solo a lot of enemy nodes.

For LS TB, this one might be controversial, but I think JML is the winner. Certain nodes require full Jedi teams. One requires Republic Jedi, which is only for JMK. But on the whole, JML gives you more teams. CLS Rebels can 4/4 every phase. Mothma can be an effective team, but you’d need to gear up some better Rebel Fighters, so I wouldn’t count her. The main thing is you can field two Jedi teams: JML and JKL. Separate, they might not 4/4 both missions, but you can use them together and have a very good shot at 4/4. So JML gives you 2-3 teams for LS TB

JMK is kind of odd in that he doesn’t really give you any extra teams. A lot of the time, he cannibalizes your Padme team. Remember, his ideal team basically uses everyone but Padme and JKA. That can be very problematic because you still want to use Padme as a separate team, so you end up trying to mix and match so you can fill both without crippling either. At the same time, there are nodes that pretty much require you to have JMK, like the Republic Jedi one. You’re not getting 4/4 without JMK. Though as a side bonus, you end up having to break up your Padme team for that phase because all the good Republic Jedi are on her team. Also remember that JMK is often going to be used on nodes that require Jedi. CAT isn’t a Jedi, so you won’t get to use them together almost at all in TB.

It’s actually a lot closer than you’d think, depending on what part of the game you need the most help with. Like I said, I think they’re complementary GLs because of the Jedi overlap. GAS is another thing I’d bring up. Both GLs like to use GAS. That’s an extra layer of requirements on top. The good thing there is you’ll need 501st for the KAM mission. Shaak Ti with the 501st is also a good team for regular CMs. In P4, there’s a GAS/501st specific mission. So it’s not like it would be a waste. And you’d have some overlap with JMK’s requirements.

At this point, CG has nerfed SEE into the ground. He and Rey were always at the bottom of the GL pile, but he might be the worst now. It would be a difficult choice, since SEE does get you most of a Trooper team and you’re gearing Piett anyway. If/when you go for LV, SEE gives you a lot of good Empire units to use, including the Royal Guard that got a touch up to specifically make him good with LV. Because of that, SEE might have more overall value. I think the ship has sailed for Rey.

Just to give you an idea, here’s how many of each GL there is right now:

SLKR – 62k
    JML – 53k
    SEE – 39k
    Rey – 39k
    JMK – 23k
    LV – 1.4k​

There are more SEEs than Rey now and that gap is just going to get bigger. He’s been nerfed pretty hard, but he’s still the easiest to get. And if people were considering Rey, SLKR is a better choice in almost every way. But it gives you an idea of how much people think each GL is worth. JMK and LV are the lowest because they’re still new.

Laze likes this.
  19. Laze

Laze Active Member

Awesome post, thanks for the breakdown! While the next GL may not be clear cut, sounds like CAT is the obvious choice for conquest shards.

20. Electricboa

Then you have the question of how far to gear CAT. I think R5 is probably the place most people stop. Her Force Leap is always a one-shot the first time, but after that is where you get your big damage from. How high her relic level is does affect the damage you’ll do. I have mine at R8, and that’s probably more than you’d ever really need. R7 vs R5 would be an interesting debate, though.

When you use her on a Padme team, she’s probably the most dangerous part. Apart from the initial one-shot, she should give Shien to OG Ahsoka, who is going to be attacking out of turn all the time.

I’m not actually sure how I would counter a Padme team with CAT without using a GL. I was curious and looked it up on swgohgg and it looks like CLS Rebels had the best shot with an 81% chance of success. GAS/501st was at 80%. Palpatine with Sith Trio and Vader (pre-nerf, I believe) was 68.2%. Sith Empire with Marauder was 64% with OG Sith Trooper was 32%. I usually use JKR against Padme (without CAT), that was listed as 39.5%. Those are pretty intimidating numbers.

The good news (I guess) for me is my opponents normally have JMK, so CAT always ends up with him on defense or offense. But when you get her, that would be a very powerful team on defense.