1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Galactic Conquest

Discussion in 'General' started by Electricboa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

I think it's awesome. I've only played maybe 10 minutes of it, but it's cool how you can use all your good teams against a good assortment of opponents.

2. Themistocles

Themistocles Active Member

and CC @Electricboa for the topic of whether or not to use crystal refreshes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOf...d_a_very_quick_number_crunch_on_the_keycards/

3. Themistocles

Hey so how are you all looking to use your data disks? I'm personally trying to grab data disks that would apply to as many teams as possible and so therefore I'm not doing a bunch of stacking. Im trying to have defensive, speed, offensive disks etc etc.

I have seen however some folks stacking 3 of those off/crit damage disks and getting insane damage. Just trying to see what good combos y'all are using out there.

Oh and PS I have the armor shred/healing immunity one and I feel like it's really helping me put down teams fast and hard.

4. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

I’m mostly just picking the best one out of the choices I get. So far, I’m 12/12 with 2 Power, 2 Stacking offense1 Turn Meter, 1 Vitality, and 1 Heal Over Time. From here on out, I’ll be looking to trade out some of the less useful ones like Vitality or Heal Over Time for more Power.

It’s probably going to always be like that. You just take the best you can get until your cap is reached because any data disk is better than no data disk. Then as you get extras, you can refine your combo. But what you get to start out with is just RNG. Though I don’t know how much it’s going to cost to switch them out. That could nudge me to not apply the first ones I get if I want to save that currency for gear.

One thing I did notice is those Jawa nodes are just open permanently. I couldn’t buy anything out of my first one, but when back later when I could get 20 gear pieces. You can buy as many as you want, though there are two sets of three for each gear piece. So you have a cheaper (240) and an expensive (540) for each 20 piece. And you can make as many purchases from it as you want. So there’s not much incentive to go after multiple Jawas unless they let you buy another cheap version of the gear. Like buying two 20 pieces for 240, one from each Jawa.

I didn’t get anything special after the Traya boss fight in sector 1. Just 1 and 2 star data disks. I missed one of the special feats for the Traya boss, too, so I may have to go back later and do it. I’m not too concerned right now.

I’m going to shoot for the highest chest. I’m guessing the next lower tier giving more gear is a typo. Besides, I’d rather have the Mk 6 slicing materials and the Razor Crest. But I shouldn’t have any real trouble clearing everything. I heard some people were having a problem with a GAS node with 100% damage reflect, which I’m going to avoid if I can.

5. Themistocles

From what I understand its 50 currency to remove. Which is kind of pricey IMO because 50 conquest currency can get you 5 useful gear pieces from its store.

6. Electricboa

In that case, I might be a lot pickier for the next one with what I put on. I certainly didn’t need everything to clear what I have so far

7. Themistocles

Wait mistake! I just tried it on an account and it was 5. 10% of a gear purchase? I'd do it.

8. Laze

Laze Member

I've been mostly going after the universal disks as well. Although now that I understand that you can get by just using your top 3 teams or so, I might go for more specific ones next time, like the one that lets yoda loop his AOE by refreshing cooldowns. I have a couple that remove turn meter from enemies when they take damage and another that gives me turn meter when they fall below 100% health, as well as some damage boosts. This promptly backfired when I took my CLS team against what I thought was a standard Carth team, only to realize after I entered battle that Nest was in there. Oops. That's one battle I won't get back. At least I was able to use Chewpio to get the advantage feat before timing out.

9. Electricboa

5 is more reasonable. You figure most likely I’ll max it out with 1 and 2 star. None of the 3 star ones interest me and the 4 star ones are 50/50 on top of being rare. So that’s not too bad. Once I fill the cap, I would be more picky with replacements.

While it is true you don’t need a lot of teams after you initially burn off your energy, it does look like the Boss challenge might require specific teams to get the bonus feats. That may or may not matter, depending on how you do overall and how much you want the highest tier chest.

Like the one that requires to remove TM can only be done with certain teams/characters. Then you have general feats that you might want to go for, like gain advantage X number of times. If you are relying on 2 or 3 teams for everything you’re likely not going to be able to do all of them. This assumes you actually finish and are even in range of the last chest. You figure GLs show up in the last two tiers as bosses and who knows if they’re regular enemies, too.

But the data disks and consumables might get you close. I saw one person saying he was clearing G13 teams with a G10 Vader because of data disks boosting his damage. I have a feeling that Rey is going to be the best GL here. Kylo will be amazing for damage, but he doesn’t keep his team alive. You want 3/3 on all the nodes, so Rey might have more value. If you have the right team, Rey will keep them all going. JML, too, but I’m assuming anyone with JML will be doing hard next time and probably has 2 or more GLs. No idea how SEE will work. He can heal his team, but a lot of Sith are somewhat fragile. Maybe with tanky Sith like Malak?

The funny thing is some of these boss feats are actually harder with strong characters. When I got to the Traya in sector 1, I used Empire with Vader and Gideon for the TM removal, but I had to play it conservatively so I didn’t win too quickly. That’s happened to me a couple times in Galactic Challenges.

The other thing is it seems like certain teams are being used more often for feats. Troopers seems to be one of the most common from what I’ve seen.

10. Laze

Laze Member

For someone in my GP range (2.5 million), I wonder if going after data disks that can amplify one of your best teams into a super team is a smart play. This would give you a better shot at trying to clear the whole thing. We'll see how tough those GL bosses end up being in the last two sectors, but I worry about being able to clear them if they have bonuses on their side.

11. jwall157

jwall157 Active Member

That might be a good idea @Laze
    I'm interested to see how far and what kind of rewards I get, because I usually don't have time for dumping my whole roster against this event each day. I think it's still a lot of fun, either way.

12. Themistocles

Holy crap do we need to be able to preview the stats on the enemy. Gotta have this CG. I pulled in my Vader against some Geos, and thought easy peasy....My Vader's no slouch at something like +110 speed, although I know there are definitely faster Vaders. I stared slack jawed as the Geos mowed him down in 6 attacks without him taking a single turn.

Thank God for data disks. Tarkin/Thrawn/Palpatine somehow managed to gut it out and win, but potentially losing 15 energy because you couldn't tell you were going to be outsped is a bit of a raw deal.

P.S. I am now in Sector 3 and I have fought 3 battles, all of them resulting in me being outsped. I suppose I should just assume that from here on out. But I still argue that seeing speed stats on the other side helps me predict turn order and opening sequences.

P.P.S. Yeup, battle #4 and my DR got outsped. It's not the fastest DR in the world at only 316, but still. Thankfully I snuck a pre-taunt tank in there to soak up the damage and die, but yeah 3 starring battles is going to be tricky. I think I will have to reserve SEE and my very best Sith for 3-starring cleanup battles in Sector 3+ after I punch through the map.

13. Electricboa

Or you could just use SEE to 3 star them in the first place. Depending on how many you save up at a time, it’s doable.

A couple corrections on the data disks I went over and some combos.

All the Ruthless ones are when the enemy falls below 100% health, not you. So if you combine those with Deadly Momentum, that’s where you can get lots of bonuses.

Offensive and Defensive Buffs happen at the start of each turn, not the encounter. So combining those with Deployable Cooling Systems sounds amazing. Same with Turn Meter and Health/Protection Recovery. Since it happens every turn, you can use it with any team.

I think I mentioned Amplify Agony with Caustic Emissions already. Dread would also be amazing here.

Themistocles likes this.
  14. Themistocles

...are y'all using consummables? I haven't found too many gear pieces of need in the conquest store, and on my kids' account where I'm constantly rotating in 3 lower level teams, I think I might need some stat boosters to keep up in sector 3.

15. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I think this is a good strategy. Maybe consider stacking the data disks that reduce enemy TM or the ones that do a percentage of max health damage each time an enemy is damaged.

Also like the idea of stacking the leader's resolve data disks on a GG or GSky squad, and of course, all of the GLs. GG should hit like a freight train with the stacking health from those disks.

16. Marc Tessier

Not yet.

17. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

I've bought some after watching Warrior's video yesterday, but I haven't equipped any yet. Then again, I didn't have a whole lot of time to play the event yesterday either.

18. Themistocles

I have decided to buy speed consumables on sight for my account and my kids' accounts, and this will be my preferred consumable of choice. I started getting out-sped on all non-GL teams in late Sector 2/early Sector 3 on my parental account with near disastrous consequences. My kids definitely need the speed boost to hang for as long as they can on the progression path. Some of the speed bonuses on these nodes are insane! I ran into an Ewoks team that had a double speed boost accounting for 80% speed!

19. Electricboa

I haven’t as of yet. Maybe if I start not being able to 3-star nodes, I’ll consider it. For now, even if I’m out sped, I still win pretty easily. Just getting into sector 3 today.

20. Marc Tessier

I refreshed my energy once yesterday and today, and have reached the early portion of sector 5. I think I've finished 2 battles in the sector, one of which I only managed 1 star. I've been focused on the global feat of winning 35 battles with a full DS squad. Think I'm around 26/27 wins now, but I have to watch it closely since my roster is heavily weighted toward the LS and it's all too easy to keep throwing out LS squads.

I beat the sector 4 boss SEE with Rey and Resistance. Didn't lose a toon, but there is a bug with the feats for the boss fight. The feats are so dim that I can't read them to find out what I need to do.

I'm enjoying some of the feats like win five battles without an attacker in the squad, and win 10 battles without a tank in the squad. It really makes you think about your squad composition.

Pro tip: Darth Nihilus is a support toon, which kinda shocked me. You'd think he'd be an attacker with Annihilate. I've been using Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Malak and Palpatine for this feat, along with JML, Bindo, Hoda, GMY and Bastila Shan.