1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Galactic Conquest

Discussion in 'General' started by Electricboa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Well, I guess CG just cheated me out of unlocking the new Boba in 3 Conquests. I didn’t realize, but the Jawas where you can buy shards are here:

[​IMG]

So if you went for the data disks on any of those (like I did), it is now impossible to unlock Boba without spending.

2. Laze

Laze Active Member

That’s unfortunate. Really dumb design by them to make you choose, especially when it wasn’t possible to miss the shop in the past. I went to the shop, mostly because my conquest currency is almost maxed out and I need to spend it on CAT shards. I had hoarded hoping the price would drop to 400 like it did for Razor Crest, but that didn’t work out. Theoretically, her shards could be in the conquest store for currency but RNG so far hasn’t gifted me with that option.

I’ve found the disks this time around to be generally worse. It seems like they took out the stuff that would help you survive the initial onslaught from the crazy speeds all the enemy teams have like Entrenched and protection recovery when attacking out of turn. I did get pretty lucky after the 1st sector boss though and found this disk:

upload_2021-11-3_18-59-48.png

They seem to double attack more than it says, such as when called to assist. So when someone like JKR calls his mass assist, everyone assists twice. It’s making my JKR team a star, because of all the assist calls which also drives yoda’s turn meter, so once I do get a turn it basically never stops. But It’s also really good on other teams.

3. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

I've got that disk, too. It's rather powerful although sometimes too much so if you want to drag out a battle to work on a feat. For example, I'm trying to apply as many armor shreds (Sector 2 feat) as possible in one battle, but I kill off the enemies too quickly.

Also, I think quite a few of the disks are geared towards BH. These ones involve potency and is steering you toward using Boba Fett's lead, which gives BH allies max health equal to 50% of the total potency of all BH allies. Many players, myself included, have probably long forgotten Boba's lead since everyone uses Bossk or Jango leads in BH squads.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  4. Marc Tessier

It was a scummy move on their part not to give players a heads up on this, especially, as Laze said, since it wasn't possible to miss the scavenger with shards in the first nine conquests. At least one of my guild's top players missed out on 5 DBB shards because of this too.

5. Laze

Laze Active Member

That makes sense on the surface, but isn't that part of his lead pretty much irrelevant at this point even with the disk? Let's say you have several of those disks, so all your Bounty Hunters have 300 potency. That's 1500 total across the team, so everyone gets an additional 750 max health? Maybe that made sense back when your good characters were G8 (although even then it's pretty weak), but for a relic character that is negligible. Unless I'm doing the math wrong.

6. Electricboa

The math looks right, but you have to remember that’s all percentages, so that should be a 750% increase to their max health, which can be pretty insane on a G13 character. Take my Boba, he’s got 59k health normally. A 750% increase would be 442,500 total health. My Boba isn’t even modded for health. My Bossk, though, has just shy of 90k health, so that would be 675,000 health.

For perspective, my LV has just under 300k health/protection

I had completely forgotten about Boba’s leadership. I really haven’t been doing my BH team runs, yet. I passed up a lot of potency disks. I might have to pick up a couple.

7. Laze

Laze Active Member

Hmm, yeah if it’s percentage and not flat health, then I see how those disks could be pretty good.

8. Electricboa

I’ve gotten a few of the potency ones, but haven’t switch over to try it. I’ll probably wait until I’m done with everything except the 40 BH wins. Stamina is going to be an issue for me. Boba is needed for too many things. I need Boba and Han, so that breaks up the all BH wins. Fennic is a BH, but she’s ungeared, so she just dies right away, so she’s unsuited to the BH wins. Basically, I’m just using this against one of the NS teams:

SLKR (L), Hux, Boba, Fennec, Han​

Kylo does all the work.

I’ve gotten more 4 star data disks this time than I ever had before. I had gotten the one you get in the $30 bundle on one of the nodes (I think it was the one where I messed up and didn’t get the new Boba shards). More recently, I got Booming Voice, which has all allies assist when the leader uses a move during their turn. That is insane with Maul and Mandalorians. Everyone assists twice because of Maul’s leadership and then Booming Voice.

They changed things so I can’t really plan out which feats I’ll need to do in advance for the max crate, but I’m on the 27/37 and am just getting into the last sector. Right now, I feel like I have good shot at the max crate.

. . . Which leads me to a conundrum. I’ll be 5 shards short of the new Boba because of my mistake if I get the max crate all three times. If I get the max crate this time and the next, I might go ahead and spend the $10 for the last one so I can get Boba now. I had been wanting to gear him as my next project. I got LV to R8 and will probably take Maul to R7 and that will be it for LV’s team for now. Shore and RG are already R5, which is fine for me. I’m still going to hold off on Stormtrooper for the time being.

As an aside, Old Man Boba has 3 Omnicron abilities, so he’ll need 60 of them. Obviously there are other characters that are going to get Omnicron abilities, too, but the drop rate on them is apparently a fraction of a percent. In the weekly shop, you can get 2 of them per week for a little over 9k guild currency. Depending on if you have any of the other characters who are going to get new Omnicron abilities or if you are as masochistic as I am and are trying for the new Boba, it might be worth buying them slowly to have enough at the end.

From the kit on SWGOHgg, it looks like the Omnicron upgrades are entirely centered about the game mode they’re supposed to be used in. so for Boba, you don’t need any Omnicrons for him outside of TW

9. Marc Tessier

I would suggest waiting to buy the US$10 pass until Conquest 13. That way you'd get the Old Man Boba shards you need, plus some for the next character while also freeing up some currency. The only down side is that it means waiting a couple of extra weeks to unlock him.

10. Electricboa

The whole point of buying the pass would be to unlock him after the 12th Conquest. If I waited for the 13th Conquest, then I would get Boba without needing to spend anything. Assuming I get the max crate for all three of them with Boba as the main reward, I’m only going to be 5 short. And Old Man Boba will be the secondary reward, so a max crate will net me 30 shards—more than I’ll need.

I’m on track to get the max crate this time. I only need 15 more battles with BHs and I’ve got it. The second and third should be easier as I’ve had more of a chance to optimize my battles more. I definitely spend more crystals on refreshes this time, but I think the wiggle room for the max crate is smaller. Unless my math is off, there’s a 30 keycard excess. I thought in the past it was more.

Really, it’s all going to come down to time. Whether I want to wait the extra time or not. And, I suppose, if I think there will be a pause between the Conquests making that gap longer. I’d wait for the 12th Conquest to make my decision anyway, since I won’t unlock Boba any sooner. There’s no incentive to buy the pass at all until the end of the Conquest to make sure you’re getting the max crate and will get all the bonus rewards.

Now, I’m a little curious as to the whole Starkiller event, which could make me less inclined to buy the pass. You figure we’ll be close to the Starkiller event by the time the 12th Conquest is finishing. Hopefully, we’ll have more information by then. Boba isn’t difficult to gear, but it might be better to wait on him to get Starkiller faster. In which case, there’s little point in getting the pass at all.

11. Laze

Laze Active Member

I just wrapped up my Conquest today. I ended up making it to the penultimate box, plus the first checkpoint after that for some extra slicing mats. To go any further, I'm going to have to knock out some of the really grindy and undesirable feats, most of which I've been able to skip. Since red box isn't in play, that's not worth it just to hit a couple more intermediate checkpoints.

From a disk standpoint, I've settled on a pretty good set and will know what to shoot for next time, assuming they keep everything the same.

1) Perseverance: best standalone disk IMO, and also useful in some of the combos I've been using. Once I got it I equipped it and never took it off. Makes battles far easier when you can attack twice (or more) per turn.

2) Combo: Voluntary Vanguard + Ability Exhaust + enough Caustic Emissions/Thermal Exhaust to ensure enemies get 10 debuffs each time they take a turn. This is an extremely powerful combo, because the vast majority of enemies will be permanently ability blocked and lose the ability to use AOEs. That means they're stuck attacking whoever is marked by Voluntary Vanguard. This pairs extremely well with Bossk lead, because he will also heal from all the debuffs being applied. But even better than that, and something I didn't discover until the very end, is that it opens up endless possibilities for Zombie cheese. If you can get the marked to start on Zombie, the enemies will just keep killing her while the rest of your team has its way. I was 3 starring pretty much all teams in sector 5 on auto with this, using a full Nightsister team at pretty low gear (g8/g8/g10/g10/g12). GAS, Padme, Geos, Troopers, JTR, you name it. My NS were mowing them down on auto, with low stamina. GAS was especially convenient for feats, because he won't self destruct from the debuffs, so he'll stay alive a long time and let you rack up stealths and armor shreds and such in a single battle.

3) Combo: Volatile Accelerator + Amplify Agony x 2 + Perseverance: this was a little more niche, but can turn a BAM led scoundrel team into a powerhouse if you have his lead zeta (the full team is BAM/Han/Chewie + 2). They basically melt the other team before they get a turn, and was effective in obtaining the Gideon boss feats.

I'm really hoping I can reuse some of this knowledge next time, but I'm slightly concerned about disk RNG to get the right combos going. Without them, making it as far as I did would be significantly harder.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  12. Electricboa

I was able to get the max crate. I think I spent more in refreshes this Conquest than in any of the others. All those BH battles at the end were draining. I think I maybe spent 50 more crystals than I had to, but it would have been down to the wire if I hadn’t.

I mostly skated by with Booming Voice, some Unstable Decelerators, Amplify Agony, and Zealous Ambition. If I hadn’t gotten Booming Voice so early, I probably wouldn’t have built everything around it. I might try the Ability Exhaust with some debuff disks next time.

The RNG of the data disks is a big factor in what you can use. I think last Conquest or the one before it I didn’t get anything of value until near the end, which was painful. And now, you basically have to do the hard path to have a variety of them to choose from.

13. Marc Tessier

The disks really are a crap shoot. I didn't get any purple disks during this Conquest. Can't remember which one it was, but I had 2 Booming Voices during one event, and could have had a third, plus a different purple.

14. Laze

Laze Active Member

I think this is the worst thing about conquest. I don’t love the grind feats, but I guess it’s fine since I can skip them if I want, and top box in hard mode should be difficult. But if I think about the times I’ve actually had fun in conquest, it’s when I’ve found disk combos that really work well with my teams. There is so much working against that - the RNG on the nodes, the cost to switch them, etc. It makes the whole experience so random - you might get good disks and have a blast, or you might get garbage and hate it. I wish they would find a way to even out the RNG factor. I think they were trying with the “hard path” to give more disk opportunities, but it didn’t seem that effective.