1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.

Galactic Challenges

Discussion in 'General' started by Electricboa, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Moderator Staff Member

Okay, is it just me or are Galactic Challenges insulting?

The rewards are mostly trash. The only ‘feat’ that gives anything worth going for is the Sith one, which throws any idea of this being for your whole roster out the window. Do you have 5 R5 Sith? No, then go jump off a bridge. Nothing else matters because there’s no incentive for anything else.

Then they didn’t actually do anything interesting. What’s interesting about jacking up the damage and health of enemies? It wasn’t fun in TB, and it’s not fun here. And what about that took all these months? I mean they kept claiming that this was going to be some amazing new game mode—it’s not. It’s a generic battle against enemies with inflated stats we get all the time.

Does it refresh each day? I’m looking at a 6 day timer that has to be a joke if this is one set of rewards only. There’s no reason to do them again once you get the good rewards. It can’t even function as a pseudo-sandbox mode because the enemies are unrealistic.

Am I missing something? This is almost Galactic Legends-levels of laziness, except instead of copying the same battle twice, they got to copy it 7 times. At least they managed to make a difficulty progression, which is sad that we're at that point where basic stuff is amazing.

2. Skywlkr76

Skywlkr76 Active Member

Nope, it’s not just you. I’ve been trying to figure out if CG is just incompetent or just lazy, and just how many more of these types of insults I can take before throwing in the towel with this game.

3. Stormlink15

Stormlink15 Member

I was hoping for a new way to earn Stun Guns or some useful gear, but in order to get a few kyrotech I need relic 5 Sith. Doing the event without sith gives me literally like 100 credits or something like that. When I did the tier that was G12, the round literally just stalled until everyone had like 30 DOTs and it was just a contest of who dies last. I was excited for new gameplay or anything but I don't even think this is worth my time.

4. Marc Tessier

Marc Tessier Well-Known Member

They did say this was a test run and that they are looking for feedback. Hopefully they take all the complaints to heart and make some needed changes.

I think there's potential with this node, but the rewards make CG look extremely chintzy. The chosen salvage is nice, but they could easily add in other desirable pieces like stun guns and stun cuffs. Sadly, the quantities are so meager that they won't make a meaningful impact on our progress.

The way I see it, locking the desirable rewards behind faction and gear requirements is meant to give us an incentive to invest in those characters. But the rewards, especially at tiers 6 and 7, are nowhere near enough to accomplish this. If I have the requirements cool, I'll give it a shot. If not, I'm sticking to my current gearing priorities. It almost seems as though it's meant to steer us off course and consume our gear and relic materials.

The main rewards should be given for beating the event with any squad we choose. They should add additional rewards for defeating it with whatever faction they set. I agree with Boa's criticism that as currently structured this does not allow for meaningful game play with our entire roster when the main rewards are locked behind faction and gear requirements.

I hope to see more new planet environments in this mode as well as some fleet battles as they go. I also think there should be multiple modifiers in play that change from battle to battle and it's up to the player to figure out what's going on. Just think if there were 3 global modifiers, 3 player modifiers and 3 enemy modifiers. The battle begins with one type of each modifier active, but the player doesn't know which ones.

Once a player has received their rewards, I don't see many replaying it as is. They could add rewards for clearing it each time with a different faction. These rewards would have to be less than the main rewards, but still useful like 50k credits, mod slicing mats, random shards ... stuff like that.

Since this isn't the final version, I'm not too worried about it. I'll wait to see what they do based on feedback from players.

5. Electricboa

I don’t know, they have an abysmal track record for listening to feedback. I’m just waiting for them to come back with something like “We listened to you, and we heard loud and clear that the rewards were too much for this event and we need to make the 7th tier harder. Thanks for the feedback.”

Even if they wanted to make it better, we’re still looking at a pretty pathetic result after, what, something like 8+ months? It feels like this should be a side-event, like Ground War where you have to use Jedi against Separatists. In fact, it is just about the same outside of the modifiers and it being only one wave. Except for Ground War or Military Might, you get better rewards.

When we wait more than half the year for content, I kind of expect something more. Maybe a new raid or an actually new game mode. Not what we got.

6. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

I suppose it 'kind of' doubles as a sort of sandbox mode for going against one particular comp (and with unrealistic stats since their stats are well beyond what a normal player could achieve with mods). It's not particularly helpful because of the global modifiers and such though.

7. 01023

01023 New Member

I don't even know how the white stun gun end up there

Marc Tessier likes this.
  8. Marc Tessier

CG is trolling us.

We asked for stun guns, so they give us the one we have hundreds of and can acquire easily. CG logic.

9. 01023

01023 New Member

so they saw our feedback and they decide to give us 4 white stun guns instead of 2 but everything else is the same... Nice

10. Marc Tessier

Crumb put out a post today saying changes are coming, but they won't be made until this exhibition season ends.

The Greef shards in tiers 6 & 7are definitely attractive, but how many players have 5 BHs at R3 and R5?

11. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

You don't HAVE to use BH for the mission, you just don't get the bonuses and the feat. You can still earn the Greef shards with another team.

12. Electricboa

For me, the Greef shards and good gear are locked behind the On Target feat in the last two tiers. That requires R3/R5 BHs to do. And that's not happening for me. Tier IV gives 4 Greef shards, but you miss out on 8 for the last two tiers.

The other two feats were easy with GL Kylo. I can do a no loss undersized team and walk over them on the highest tier. Just goes to show that even with inflated stats, enemy modifiers, and no bonuses for my team, Empire still sucks.

Marc Tessier likes this.
  13. Dagor

Dagor Active Member

yeah I saw that the later tiers had the shards locked behind the BH feat.